All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:12 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

The world of the mountain kingdom was simpler than many would expect. The people though rough and tumble enjoyed probably the most relaxed existence as possible. With a value placed so heavily on family and bonding, most mornings were filled with the jovial exclaims of adults as they roused the sleeping children under their care. The children are just as eager as the adults to start their day awoke with laughter and smiles before a race of some sort was devised. Who can eat breakfast the fastest? Who can get dressed the fastest? Who is the fastest one to the center fountain for their morning bathing? Healthy competition among peers meant to encourage bonding and comradery within the kingdom. Family, loyalty, bravery and strength. These are taught at the very beginning and enforced throughout their lives.

Axton knew these codes and lived by them all the same as anyone else. His role now no longer one of combat, but no less important if not more important than the others. However, he held no sense of superiority and often wished he could just be normal. A warrior and nothing more, allowed to go where he wanted without a care in the world. Not one of the blessed blacksmiths that the whole of the kingdom relied upon. As he stood before the forge, heated to perfection and ready for him to start his day his mind wandered to the afternoon he spent with the delightful skunk and her father. It was as if he was just him, Axton the badger and nothing more. Which is probably why he was eager to get what orders were there for him done and out of the way so that he could think about how they would spend another afternoon together.

With the recent postings about the beast roaming the outer edges of the Kingdom the idea to leave the safety of the walls was not a smart one. However, it could be a bit of fun for them? Exploring what lay beyond and facing whatever danger they would come across together.

“Listen to me,” he said with a shake of his head and a sigh, his hammer lifted and brought down with a mighty swing that bathed him in a shower of brilliant blue sparks. “I sound like a child who has never spent time out in the world. A child who dreams of adventure and danger for I know no better,” he scoffed at himself and lifted the hammer again and again. The action as natural as breathing, his gaze never wavering though he hardly needed to see to work the medal. It was the only thing he could see and as such he often relished in the sight of it. Watching as the piece was molded and formed from a hunk of nothing into a weapon of protection and defense for the kingdom he loved so dear. By the time, the morning was over and midday had taken a firm grasp, a dozen shields with matching swords rested off to the side. Waiting for their owners to come and claim them.

“Time for lunch!” voice far too excited for a creature his size though this time he did not bother to check himself and merely gathered up his staff and went out into the market. Along the way, he got some fresh fruits, bread, and some cured meats. A simple lunch that he hoped would be adequate as he once again shooed his guards further back from his person. “I can take are of myself!” he proclaimed. The pride and confidence clear in his voice even if his lack of sight and general importance made the guards reluctant to obey. “Just stay out of sight and don’t bother us. Alright?” he finally grumped at them which appeared to be a feasible middle ground that his guards accepted.

At the clinic, he used his staff to knock lightly on the door and stood there waiting for Chiero to answer.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:05 am 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

"And you're sure about this?"

"Child, you have asked me that four times today already. And 'today' is still young. I can handle the clinic for a few hours."

Chiero gnawed at her lip. She was sure her father could handle himself and selling medicines just fine, but what about his cough? What if he fell? What if someone else fell and she had to take care of it?

Matarchis did not fail to notice her concern, and he sighed theatrically. "Go, Chiero. You deserve a day off. If you are so worried, just don't go very far and I will find someone to fetch you." He cracked a winning smile. "The Suyeta will understand if you suddenly have to leave."

"I know that," Chiero said, almost to herself. Axton had been nothing but kind and understanding in the few hours they had spent together, and she was looking forward to getting to know him better. But all the potential, imagined disasters refused to leave her mind even as she packed some cold tea and bread she had baked this morning into a rugged knapsack. She hoped Axton would think to bring something, too, and immediately felt embarrassed. If her estimation of him was correct, he would have brought the entire market with him by the time he showed up at her door.

She missed the light knock, but Matarchis didn't. He rose with some difficulty from his stool at the counter and went to open.

"Good morning, Suyeta," he said with a polite bow. Chiero might feel comfortable enough to shake hands with him, but the old skunk was still taken with the childish awe the blindfolded smiths inspired. "She'll be along shortly. You know females, always fussing to the last second. Chiero!" He called up the stairs, and seconds later she came bounding down, the light tone of Matarchis' voice having told her that no, nothing was wrong yet, despite her worst fears.

She smiled at Axton. Her smile widened as she remembered he had told her that her face lit up in his mind when she did so. What a marvelous way of seeing. The smile turned to a chuckle as she saw all the food he was carrying. "I thought you might bring enough for an entire army," she teased him. "I've got a bag with me that you can put it in, if you like. I packed something to drink and more bread, so we definitely won't starve."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:32 pm 

Owner

Axton smiled at her father though returned the bow with equal respect, "I will be sure she returns home safely." The badger doubted that the very capable skunk would need him to do much in the realm of protection, but he knew how parents worried especially fathers when it came to their daughters. When she commented about the amount that he brought, his gaze when down to the basket that he held the purchased items though he could not see them. His brow pinched with concern and he shifted weight from one foot to the other as he thought he might have implied something in regards to her weight.

"Did I bring too much?" frown on his lips his gaze still on the basket that held no kind of help in regards to the quantity. "I did not think that you needed this much food to eat...or that you were one to eat a lot..." he rambled and his frown deepened. "I can bring it back? Well, some of it back...or all of it....or however much you think I should take back?" a noise of distress left his throat as he fought the urge to itch under his chin a nervous habit that he had from time to time. "I feel like I am making this worse than it is..." he grumbled mostly to himself though the volume was high enough she would not have any trouble hearing with how close she was to him.

"I am sorry...I..." the words faltered and he just stood there unsure of what to do next. If this had been a dealing with a customer or even speaking with the Queen about an order he would know exactly what to say. On an outing with a new friend he wanted to impress and he had shoved his whole foot into his mouth, followed by the leg too.

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:42 am 

"Oh no, no, no, no," Chiero said gently, making a soothing shh noise as she set her own bag on the ground and rested her hands on Axton's shoulders instead. She looked up, craning her neck under his drooping head. Her teasing grin had been replaced by a concerned expression.

"I couldn't possibly eat everything you've brought, but don't bring it back. You bought it, and I am very thankful!" She patted his shoulder a few times. "It looks delicious, Su- Axton," she continued brightly. "Let's see... I'll leave the bread I brought here, we can always use that, aaaand... I'll pack the fresh fruits in my knapsack instead so you don't have to carry everything. How's that sound?"

Without waiting for a reply, she repacked the bags, handing the bread to Matarchis, who had silently approached and who left again with a "You have fun, now!" After a few moments of minutely adjusting everything to ensure the fruit wouldn't get crushed by the bottle of cold tea, she stood up again, her face beaming like a cub about to go on a trip with their friends. When she thought about it that was exactly what was happening. Axton's company made her feel curious and playful like a child. She played with the straps that were digging into her shoulders. It wasn't uncomfortable yet, but she was looking forward to a lighter load.

"Ready to go? I was thinking about showing you a particular place in the mountains where I usually go looking for herbs if I'm short - but it is a bit away. Are you up for it?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:17 pm 

Owner

The way that she just took charge and worked out the problem seemed like magic to the blacksmith who had never had to deal with such social awkwardness. Most of the time he was made to stay within the confines of his blacksmith workshop and nothing else. “The load is not too much for me that I can easily assure you but if you wish to take it,” he said with a shrug. Once she readjusted the bags on her shoulders and her father said goodbye he nodded to her.

“One thing about being a blacksmith is that we are in pretty good shape. If you can make it, then I can make it. If I knew the way ahead of time, we would have even been able to race,” he said with a smile. “Perhaps, next time that is what we do?” he offered her his arm before they started to walk. “Though you might get upset if I should happen to beat you? I am pretty fast too.”

In the distance, a bit behind them were the ever-present guards that heeded his wishes and stayed back but refused to leave him completely. It was their sworn duty to protect him at all costs, even at the expense of their own lives. They meant nothing in comparison to him and what he could do so there would never be a question as to what they would do to make sure he lived.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:45 am 

She took his proffered arm with her usual smile firmly back in place, casting a glance back at the guards. Must be irritating to have someone follow your every move no matter where you go. The late morning sunlight filtered down between the buildings as they went, bringing out the warm, reddish tint of the local rock even more. Chiero took a deep breath. It was a lovely day indeed.

“We can race back, if one trip is enough to make you familiar with the road,” she replied, glancing around. The market was, as usual, bustling with people. They were staring, Chiero realized, like she had the first time she saw Axton. She was earning a few glances herself by virtue of walking right next to him, holding onto his arm and with his guards farther away than they probably liked. Chiero could sense stares burning into the back of her neck; a highly exaggerated feeling that was amplified by the fact that she was never the center of attention, not even when she was at work in her clinic.

She cleared her throat and dragged the gray-blue Amanaki headband down a notch; her long fringe spilling over to conceal her eyes a little. "People are looking," she told Axton nervously, fiddling with a shoulder strap with her free hand. "Do they always do that?"