Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Letter 1 - From Esther to Isabel

August 13, 1536

Dearest sister:

I start by apologizing, as I should have written sooner. Things are, though, quite chaotic here. It is with pain that I note that the old King has passed. He was a good and kind ruler, and a good father for me and my husband. We are in mourning now, and there is so much to be done... God help me, as I am not prepared to be queen consort. I shall support my husband as much as needed, though. For now, I must go. I shall write again.

Yours, always,

Esther

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:29 pm 

Sort of back.

Letter 2 - Esther to Isabel

September 15, 1536

Dearest sister,

Thank you for being so understanding, and for the kind words. They are greatly appreciated. I wish with all my heart that I could have you and yours here. Kiss Cosimo for me, as I am too far away to do it myself as I would wish. And thank your husband and his father for the kind words, as they are a comfort for our saddened hearts. As for making a good Queen, may an angel bless your words, sister, as I barely know how to conduct myself with all those people coming to see us and present their condolences. I wish I had Father by my side. His sound advice would help me more than I can put in words. He cannot come, though. It seems that our Richard has been getting involved with bad companies. My heart breaks to think that I cannot be there to give our little brother sound advice. I have considered asking Father to send him over to be with me, but after what happened, I fear I will be unable to keep an eye on him and it may make things worse. I shall follow your advice and try to stay strong. I miss you with all my heart, but I am glad to know you are happy and safe, and I hope we may meet for Christmas celebrations, as things should have settled by then.

Yours, always and forever.

Esther

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:47 pm 

Sort of back.

Letter 3 - Esther to Isabel

October 20, 1536

Dearest sister,

I am glad to know that you have given my adored nephew my kisses. I long to be able to give them myself. Fortunately, Christmas is not far. I look forward to it, as my most desired gift is your presence. I have been trying to listen to my heart, as you have told me to. I have had too much time to think, though, as I have come down with a mild fever and a bothersome headache. The Court physician said it is merely the tension of my new position, though, and recommended rest. I feel guilty, for I should be by my King's side, not resting in a dark room with one of my ladies constantly by my side. I am not even allowed to write, and have been forced to use the hand of one of my ladies in waiting, when I wish to write myself. As for Richard, I shall learn to see him as a young man, but for now, I still see him as a boy. Maybe we can convince father to allow him to stay here after Christmas, as things should have settled by then. Worry not about me, sister, as I am fine, only tired of being locked in here. Is there anything at all you want from here, sister? I wonder what I could send you to remind you of my love in a stronger fashion than my words. Oh. Apparently, I shall sit for the Court's artist to paint me. Can you imagine what a torture it will be for me to sit still for hours on end? Save me. I shall stop now, as my lady in waiting looks at me as though I am putting her through some terrible ordeal. She is very good and I do not wish to lose her, therefore I shall write more when I can do it myself, sister.

Yours, always,

Esther