All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:09 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

As us avid roleplayers and writers know, whether they are characters you'll probably only ever use for that specific roleplay, or a character you've held dear to your heart through a few roleplays, characters are constantly changing, developing. They make us laugh, cry, and even want to reach inside their world and strangle them. It's all in good fun, right?

Well, as the title suggests, this thread is a place where you can choose to jot down any discoveries you've come across when writing about your character(s). Discoveries can range from being silly, entertaining, or outright infuriating. Big or small. They could even be something you just never really thought of until now. Maybe you were writing up a character bio and it just came to you out of the blue? You never know when it comes to characters, the possibilities are endless.

I'll start off with one I just thought of today when I went out for a drive earlier:

My arsonist/mobster, Jeremy, aside from being terrified of spiders and snakes, absolutely hates bees, hornets, and wasps. To him, they're all bees because "it makes no difference, they all have a ****ing stinger.".

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:25 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

Recently while doing the laundry I had the thought that my long-time character would easily kill someone and not feel guilty. I've been using this character for a single roleplay that's lasted approximately a year, named Tom. He's a general nice guy character, a bit overprotective and sadistic / masochistic. I never thought that my character would act like that, but it just made sense, somehow the more I thought about it. It's strange how you can connect your character to an action that ordinarily wouldn't seem to connect to their personality, but it just completely fits. I hope that makes sense somehow.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:44 am 

I have discovered that my character really has no idea what to do when faced with trying to date or get laid with someone who is attractive to him. When dealing with regular people, he is smooth as he wants to be, but hotties break his brain, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:50 am 

I realized that the character i use most is the person i wish i was for real. Shes very charismatic and isnt afraid of speaking her mind or showing her emotions. She is able to handle a lot of things at once and tries to use logic more than emotion. She is also not afraid to say no. I really wish thats how i could be

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:47 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

I just found out that my snobbish, neat-freak demon ****ing is actually the person who calms other people's road rage, and is really patient when she's riding in the same car as a rager. I have no idea why, and it seems so out of character, but somehow, it's not. I suppose everyone needs at least one redeeming quality.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:58 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

I was was working on my lynx, Cornelius's, character bio and discovered he likes to draw as one of his hobbies. I thought that was pretty neat.

It's always the little things.

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:32 am 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

I was working on a post and discovered that Diane, a character in mine and @Shades story triolgy, is a bad cook. She burns food. And Shane, another character from the stories, likes to go running.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:51 pm 

Well, I found out my character, Vince, an interdimensional being is a huge cynic with self-loathing issues. I dunno how I developed him into that, he was meant to be a lazy guy just because, but it's a good trait for 'im.

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:03 pm 

Adding information for Realm of Swords and Thrones, might be putting out new Group RP interest check. 9:00 AM 8/28

Blog: View Blog (2)

I've discovered that my original character for the Harry Potter fandom, Michael Crowley aside from disliking clumsy people.... despite being an arrogant little snot he enjoys helping other people improve their skills... so much so that he'll give a LOT of his freetime to helping a person if they need his help. I originally thought he wouldn't be like this until he was older but I guess he is a teacher at heart.

My Resume

My Characters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:32 am 

Missing My Companions

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Very recently discovered my Jedi Sentinel is also a romantic at heart. Who knew?

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

~J.R.R. Tolkien