All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:16 pm 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

We all have that guilty pleasure. Something that we want that the roleplay world deems too cliché to be worth note. Some of the time, people will openly balk at the very thought of writing this secret (or not so secret) desire of yours that you've been dying to write.

So I ask you: What cliché roleplay plot or dynamic have you been itching to write and have yet to find a partner for? What plot have you been dying to write that some may scoff at for no reason other than the perception of them being "cliché"?

Inquiring minds are dying to know! Maybe we'll find kindred spirits within these replies.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:52 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

My, my, I have more cliché desires than I can possibly list. I think one of my major ones would be the relationship that starts off at the work place as deep hatred and turns into a romance over time or over one big surprise event. I'm not even ashamed. XD

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:39 pm 

Medals: 2
Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Shadow Lady wrote:
My, my, I have more cliché desires than I can possibly list. I think one of my major ones would be the relationship that starts off at the work place as deep hatred and turns into a romance over time or over one big surprise event. I'm not even ashamed. XD

I share the same itch, though not specifically a work place setting. !nomnom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:47 pm 

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.

I won't lie, I have this itch. I think it's more common than the RP world gives it credit for. I had a thread going in this respect...a couple actually, at varying stages of my RPing, but one has since stopped altogether without a word from my RP partner, and the others are on sites that have since died. Taking up that torch would be fun at some point.

I've got...a loooooooooooot of cliché wants. Too many to list, so I'll likely just throw up a bunch of interest checks later and let the chips fall where they may. >.>

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:20 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

I've always wanted to do something, probably a romantic thing, where two characters meet and then run off on some kind of adventure because they are sick of their lives.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:34 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Lol, it has to be the whole "Hate-love relationship" the cliché is just too good to pass up.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:40 am 

Owner

Lets see...

Of my current clichés, I really want to play something like the show "Bitten", where my character is the only female to survive the werewolf change. While the character in the show has a backstory that's a bit too cliché even for my taste, I'm thinking of the only female werewolf trying to keep one foot in the normal world, but constantly being brought back into the "real" world, the world with her pack.

Something with amnesia. There was a commercial (may still be on) of a woman in a car accident, and a man responding. The way I see it, they get into this car accident and the man saves her, is the reason she's even still alive. He could be a civilian or an actual first responder, but due to trauma, she has amnesia. They didn't realize how extensive at first, but it's come to light that she cannot remember anything at all, anything before waking up in the hospital. The civilian/first responder can't get her out of his mind so he goes to check on her, and starts visiting her daily. It starts off as something purely because he wants to help her remember, but then becomes more... Throw in a spouse she forgot she had, and I'm all up for angsty, forget-me-not drama. Will the first man keep coming around to check on her once she's identified and their spouse/signif other works to jog her memory? Or will they leave her be?

Another is something along the lines of addiction. Playing it close to the vest, a woman of high standing becomes addicted to pain killers. At first, she has a handle on it, no one really noticing that she's off other than the occasional bouts of..."stress-related behavior", an outburst here or there, or an overreaction. But, as the addiction gets worse, someone close to her, a friend, figures out what's going on and confronts her. She assures them they can stop any time they want to, but it takes either an overdose and a trip to the ER or a close call that they're there for. Refusing to go into rehab, she swears them to secrecy and promises to get help...if they are the ones to help them through it.

/stops here even though her list continues.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:41 am 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)

Asteria wrote:
Lets see...

Of my current clichés, I really want to play something like the show "Bitten", where my character is the only female to survive the werewolf change. While the character in the show has a backstory that's a bit too cliché even for my taste, I'm thinking of the only female werewolf trying to keep one foot in the normal world, but constantly being brought back into the "real" world, the world with her pack.

Something with amnesia. There was a commercial (may still be on) of a woman in a car accident, and a man responding. The way I see it, they get into this car accident and the man saves her, is the reason she's even still alive. He could be a civilian or an actual first responder, but due to trauma, she has amnesia. They didn't realize how extensive at first, but it's come to light that she cannot remember anything at all, anything before waking up in the hospital. The civilian/first responder can't get her out of his mind so he goes to check on her, and starts visiting her daily. It starts off as something purely because he wants to help her remember, but then becomes more... Throw in a spouse she forgot she had, and I'm all up for angsty, forget-me-not drama. Will the first man keep coming around to check on her once she's identified and their spouse/signif other works to jog her memory? Or will they leave her be?

Another is something along the lines of addiction. Playing it close to the vest, a woman of high standing becomes addicted to pain killers. At first, she has a handle on it, no one really noticing that she's off other than the occasional bouts of..."stress-related behavior", an outburst here or there, or an overreaction. But, as the addiction gets worse, someone close to her, a friend, figures out what's going on and confronts her. She assures them they can stop any time they want to, but it takes either an overdose and a trip to the ER or a close call that they're there for. Refusing to go into rehab, she swears them to secrecy and promises to get help...if they are the ones to help them through it.

/stops here even though her list continues.

Woah, you've got some really good tastes, I mean, really good. I know I should be posting a cliché, but I just wanted to say that. lol. Hope you get someone to rp those with you if not already.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:54 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)

The forbidden love is also one of my biggest clichés. In all ways, shapes and forms. I have done many of these, and I'm arranging for yet another one, but it's such a fun theme, with so many possibilities, that I just can't get enough of scenarios with this main line.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:04 am 

I have a cliché rp.

Something super dramatic and romantic. Some sort of struggle with intense love that starts off hesitant. Maybe with a best friend.

I just have a pro with finding people who actually help move the story along. It seems to sit at one point or another - or I just got tired of being the only one who was a detailed writer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:27 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Turning away from all the romance - I really want to write someone who gets super massive powers, or somehow gets involved in a murderous plot - but has no clue how to manage or use those powers, and still somehow saves the day. I really want that.

Only doing 1x1s and tiny groups for now due being generally busy. If you have a cool idea, feel free to approach me, though, alas, even the most awesome adventures must be passed up on sometimes.
invisgmt+1 + 6th semester university student = patience please ♥

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:30 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)

Some of my own little kinks:

COWBOYSSSS YEEE! Always wanted to do an old west setting. I have no idea what sort of plot it would have but it's had my interest for some time now.

Ghost of bully seeking help from someone s/he bullied. Something of that nature. Doesn't need to be romantic, could prove to just be character development and forming friendship?

Animals? @_@

And... reallly.... reallllllllly weird one but an rp where someone gets literally trapped in another person's brain and they sort of co-inhabit.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:59 pm 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

Amnesia storylines.

I did not once for a solo D&D game, where I was GM, and the player was the amnesiac. Basically a Planescape: Torment kind of thing, if you know that game.

I'd love to do something like that again, though only with some I felt super resonated with.

Probably for a more typical 1x1 freeform RP, rather than a GM-and-player set-up, we would come up with our concepts for who the characters are *now*, personality and so forth, and then we would come up with the secret background for each others' character.

I really kind of want to do that now that I've thought of it, but... I'd be super picky about potential partners for such a thing since it'd take a lot of effort.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:50 pm 

Owner

Alright so...random idea that I had while watching the latest round of the "NYX Face Awards, Top 12" contestant videos (and I know it's cliche, but I'mma do it anyway!):

I want to write a mermaid, one that's brought waaaaaaaaaaaaaay inland due to a tsunami or something, a hurricane that raised the water level and the pull dragged her in, any natural disaster, really. She's far enough inland that getting back to the sea is going to be an issue, but then there's the issue of communication. Pulling from Harry Potter, I'm thinking that her voice doesn't work above water. It sounds something akin to a screech, so she'd not be understood, and she wouldn't understand the language of the humans she's dropped amongst. When wet, there's the tail, gills, etc, but when she's completely dry, she'd look like any human...save for one feature. I'm not sure what feature yet, but something would be off, looks-wise.

Mmmmmm yep, that's my current one. Thank you, NYX Face Awards, for inadvertently fueling a cliche.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:02 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

How about something like... a straight-laced guy/girl meeting someone rough around the edges, from a different lifestyle, who shows him/her a good time? I guess that could be romantic or not depending.

I've always wanted to do some kind of 'good vs evil' save the world story as well.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:55 am 

I always have cliché desires. I love to write, but sometimes I want to do the cliché stuff for RPs, just to kind of 'get them out of my system'. They're fun, and they're cliché for a reason, right?

I'm always craving things like opposites attract (i.e. nerd/popular, old/young, different side of tracks, two people who hate each other at first, etc.), forbidden love, over the top heists with lasers and hacking that makes no sense, classic 'man with no name' characters, amnesia, save the world plots, and that's all I can think of right now.

Take a look at My Resume

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:57 pm 

Sometime I want to play an immortal character... one that's lived in the neighborhood of a millenium or so, and actually has the accumulated skills, knowledge, and experiences such a character would have if they lived that long.

Issue is this person would be essentially a god-mode character no matter how realistically I wrote them, so the difficulty would be finding an RP that's actually appropriate for them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:36 am 

...looking for some new RP's.

Mhm.. my "kind" of cliché would be Vampires. not the twilight sparkly ones, but ones that are still dangerous. and not focus on a group of them but that typical "Dracula" feel of a lone vampire living lonely in his castle ...
(maybe something more modern, and not the dracula story. Anime check: Trinity Blood, Hellsing.)
and then I would like to combine this cliché with another cliche and that would be our Sherlock Holmes and Dr.Watson detectives, but pull it in a little more modern fantasy setting.
(For those who are familiar with: anime and manga, something like Detective conan or Psychic Yakumo for example. For the ones who enjoy Watching TV : Vampire Prosecutor (Korean tv show). )
Mhm lots of cliché piled up on one another might turn into something good.. maybe :3

What is more,
recently im reading more and more novels that feature the "dying and being reincarnated" topic, karma, and some treasures that can either turn back time or make you reincarnate into a new body or wake up as another -just deceased- person. that would be also an interesting thematic to throw in for a RP. Maybe even a story of a time rewind/ time slip. The whole thematic above is being abused so much, but still.

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

How to beat a Machine gun with a Laser sword. | +
(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:22 am 

Blog: View Blog (6)

Kiddo wrote:
Some of my own little kinks:

COWBOYSSSS YEEE! Always wanted to do an old west setting. I have no idea what sort of plot it would have but it's had my interest for some time now.

Ghost of bully seeking help from someone s/he bullied. Something of that nature. Doesn't need to be romantic, could prove to just be character development and forming friendship?

Animals? @_@

And... reallly.... reallllllllly weird one but an rp where someone gets literally trapped in another person's brain and they sort of co-inhabit.

Ahaha Kiddo you're my kinda RPer! =D I have a character that co-inhabits brains! Based on Japanese mythology, essentially a ghost/ body-snatcher, he likes to tweak with the internal chemical balance like a boy racer and his car! :P You are not alone!

As for cliche's ... God, I always loved them! All of them! Man, they got me into writing in the first place! So what if YOU'VE seen it a hundred times before, a cliche is new and goddamn magical to everyone at some point! :P Even after years of lurking about and RPing, you put a cliche in the hands of a decent writer and you quickly discover why it boomed to popularity in the first place I've found! I also think they're an AWESOME device for screwing with peoples heads and coming up with some wicked concepts, if you play to a cliche to a point then suddenly turn it on it's head!

At the end of the day we're here for the sharts and giggles, I've more of a problem with people that turn their noses up at cliches than the actual offending object itself! *shrugs*

Long live the cliche, sod the critics, the cliche will outlive 'em at any rate! :P

Damn straight I'm good in bed! I could sleep for days! :3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:26 pm 

Playing a character with some kind of multiple personality deal. Specifically, more than two (as I've done and will continue to do the duality schtick to death, even if it never involved an actual split personality).

It need not be dissociative identity disorder specifically, but could be like a possession type deal, or mutliple A.I.'s housed within a single robotic body.

Never done it as I've always felt it was kind of wank-y and cliché. Even my above examples were more along the lines of extreme bipolar disorder, an alter ego that got carried away, a physiological transformation more based in hormones and the like, or something similar.