All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:28 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

First off, I know that the Assassin's Creed series is pretty much just Ubisoft's way of grabbing quick money. But, for as much as they do, they have yet to make a game set during WWII. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. In spite of everything, I do love Assassin's Creed. But I digress, this isn't why I'm posting this.

An Assassin's Creed story set during WWII is something I have been dying for pretty much since AC2's 'The Truth' side mission where it showed Hitler with one of the Apples of Eden. At least I think it was an Apple... it's been awhile since I've played AC2.

The only thing is, there is a lot you can do with it. Aside from the obvious Hitler being a Templar/having the apple or what have you.

That said, what I want to know, if I do ever get something like this off the ground in the near future, is what people would want to see from it. If there is in fact any interest in the idea at all.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:49 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

I don't need to mention my interest in military history. Beyond writing about this subject, I have a deep seated interest in time travel and the Knights Templar conspiracy theories.

Up until a month or two ago, I knew nothing about Assassin's Creed other than it was a game about an assassin. My family acquired an Xbox 360 last Christmas and I received a stack of used Xbox 360 games at the end of last school year. I finally got around to trying one of them, Assassin't Creed III which details events in the American Revolutionary War.

I love how Desmond (as Connor) acquires the experiences and knowledge of the real Assassin who lived during the time periods he travels back into. It is a fun genre and would love to explore this more with you or anyone else who would like to get into this.

Good news, I'm about two days away from finishing my NaNoWriMo novel; well at least the first draft of 50,000+ words. I can see a month or more of revisions after this.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:03 am 

Administrator

I'm going to give this until after the holidays are over, probably around February or so, before I make my final decision on whether or not I do make an OOC and get a story going.

Honestly, I have always liked the idea of being in modern day, and going back in time to relive the past via the Animus a very interesting concept as well. I think we could definitely do something like that.

Have a band of modern day Assassins getting together, who have ancestors from that time, looking for an artifact. Or something to that extent. It doesn't necessarily need to be an artifact, it could just be a clue of some sort.

I also want people to have the choice of being an Assassin or Templar. A double agent, a mole amongst them? Because there's always that one person.

I don't know. I'm just tossing things out here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:29 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Sounds_of_Silence wrote:
I'm going to give this until after the holidays are over, probably around February or so, before I make my final decision on whether or not I do make an OOC and get a story going.

Honestly, I have always liked the idea of being in modern day, and going back in time to relive the past via the Animus a very interesting concept as well. I think we could definitely do something like that.

Have a band of modern day Assassins getting together, who have ancestors from that time, looking for an artifact. Or something to that extent. It doesn't necessarily need to be an artifact, it could just be a clue of some sort.

I also want people to have the choice of being an Assassin or Templar. A double agent, a mole amongst them? Because there's always that one person.

This is a fantastic idea, Sounds! I am patient to wait. I'll be here in February. I do like your idea about a band of assassins going back in time via the animus. It would be difficult to find a group that had all had similar backgrounds. Then I began to think about my own past. I have ancestors that connect to Canada from 1640 - 1910, Shropshire England, prior to 1639 and Normandy, France prior to 1640. I also have connections to the Narraganset (Rhode Island and southeastern Mass) and Seneca (Western New York and Quebec) of the Iroquois Confederation. My roots run through Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The Norman line can be drawn to the early Viking settlements as well.

Each of the characters would have to share a similar thread in order to do this. Isn't creativity grand!? !Exciting

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:55 pm 

Administrator

I hear you, yeah, it would be difficult. I'm sure we can make it work out somehow though...

I know I have ancestors from Germany, but I'm not sure if they were actually Nazis. I kind of doubt it... I know my great grandmother on my dad's side was a prisoner in a camp. Beyond that, I really don't know much about my family's history.

My grandfather on my mom's side is from Mexico. He died long before I was born so I never met him, but we keep in touch with his sister. But, I digress.

Yeah, I figure February will give people plenty of time to eye this and perhaps consider it :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:38 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

I find researching genealogy a fun past time. The branches, both up and down are quite wide and diverse.

What we should do, is choose 3 - 5 time periods in history and create characters with genealogical histories in each of those periods. The characters should know one another in the present, but may not in the past. The initial challenge would be in finding one another. That would be equally interesting. They could establish a meeting place prior to their jump.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:48 am 

...looking for some new RP's.

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Just throwing my 50 cents here, since I like Assassins creed aswell.
I would not be confident enough to touch the WWII topic myself, though, to be honest, but im looking forward to see what will become of it.
You may even include into the RP a feature of Templars vs Assassins.. so the people know each other in the real time, and while finding out who is enemy and who ally in the past time .. danger and deception.. ^^ ofc this could be NPc for Templars or even MC(real RPer main characters)

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

How to beat a Machine gun with a Laser sword. | +
(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +