All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tolkien (LotR) OOC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:31 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The Story

The time had arrived. We all knew it would happen one day, but we all refused to accept that it would be in our lifetime. After years of being long forgotten, the One Ring found its way into the hands of a certain Hobbit, Frodo Baggins.

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

The power of the One Ring calls out to Sauron now, and his power and influence bring the evil forces of Middle-earth to him. Rumors are brought to light of armies being raised in Mordor and eventually those rumors reach us. And through our personal connections, we are invited to a secret gathering in Rivendell. Although we know not of its core purpose, we know it relates to the rising power of Sauron and of the One Ring - the Ring of Power. Gondor and Rohan are already dealing with Orcish threats popping up. The Free peoples look upon a seemingly grim and hopeless future, holding on to any and all morsels of hope.

There isn't much else to describe because this RP is based of off Tolkien's works. If at any point you are confused about some of the lore, just google it (there are a bunch of other nerds out there that have created wiki entries on this stuff.

Where do we start?

Our story (RP) starts just a few weeks before the meeting of Rivendell will take place. Even though our characters will attend the Council of Elrond, we will not join the Fellowship. After the Council, we can decide what we want to do in this OOC thread. At any time we can decide to interact with the Fellowship but not disrupt the main storyline. Of course, we can take part in battles and defenses such as Helms Deep and Minas Tirith. The outcomes of events in the existing storyline will stay the same, but details can change. Our characters can set off on our own adventure to help win the war, or we can help out a certain race.

Character Creation:

Name:

Race:

Physical Description and/or Picture:

Alignment (Who do you fight for?):

Origin Story/Background:

Equipment/Weapons:

Specialties (i.e. Master Swordsman):

My Character:

Name: Shima

Race: The Race of Men

Physical Description and/or Picture: The horse and armor in the picture are what Shima actually use. With green eyes and brown hair and a bit of stubble, Shima stands at 6 feet and 2 inches tall. His flowing brown hair reaches to the bottom of his neck, a common style for the Riders. The training over the years has defined a lean and well maintained body. When at a resting face, Shima always looks like he is thinking, pondering. His skin tone is of those who live in Rohan.

Personality: Shima is loyal to those whom he trusts, and will stand beside them in whatever perils they face. Because of his long standing as a Rider of Rohan, fighting and combat come easily to him and he is not afraid of a fight. He is a more outgoing kind of person but will listen to those who wish to speak. Not wishing to lose those close to him, Shima is willing to protect others to the best of his abilities.

Alignment (Who do you fight for?): Rohan (The Free Peoples)

Origin Story/Background: Shima was born into this world in Eldoras. A Rider of Rohan, Shima's father served the king and was out on patrol most of the time. This left Shima's mother to take care of the house and of Shima. Shortly after he turned 4 his mother was taken by death's grasp. One night she was there, tucking him into bed and telling stories of heroes from other ages, and the next morning she was gone. She had always had problems with illness, and the couple of months before her passing she came down with a lethal disease. Hiding it from all except her husband, she did the best she could to provide a suitable childhood for Shima. Her death would never be forgotten by him, but Shima moved on as all do. By the age of 10 his father began teaching him the ways of the blade and spear. At first they would train only once or twice a week, but as the days and weeks and months passed, the training gradually grew more rigorous and occurred more often. However it was not until the age of 15 did Shima learn to ride a horse. And ride a horse he did.

Maybe it was genetic skill, or maybe he just had that hidden skill; nevertheless, Shima was a natural at riding a horse. His talent of mounted combat was not unnoticed by Théoden (this was before Wormtongue/Saruman corrupted him). Soon enough Shima joined his father in the ranks of the Riders of Rohan, and he was one of the youngest to do so. Years after he had served for Théoden, Shima's father finally stepped down as a Rider. Old age had started to sap his stamina and strength until he was forced to retire. Because of his skill with mount and blade (anyone get the reference?), Shima's name was known across Rohan and it eventually reached Elrond in Rivendell. When the time came for a fellowship to be formed, Shima was one of the few invited to a secret council in Rivendell.

Equipment/Weapons: Gifted to him by his father, Shima mainly uses an expertly crafted longsword while mounted and on the ground. A gleaming steel blade, the sword spans just around 40 inches with great balance. The handle is black, closer to gray, color and ends in a silver tip. The hilt is also fairly thin and made of silver.

His spear flies the flag of Rohan near the tip made of steel. It is average length and can be used in a similar manner as a lance.

Specialties (i.e. Master Swordsman): Expert Rider and of mounted combat, adequate skill in hand-to-hand, can use a crossbow if needed, and knows the landscape of Rohan like the back of his hand.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Tolkien (LotR) OOC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:01 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Woohoo! I'm already excited!

I'll try to get mine up sometime either today or tomorrow (I have my busy classes today...so lots of work). Though I'll likely be making an elf (just a heads up).

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:27 pm 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Im most probably doing a dwarf XD

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:47 pm 

Name: Thurinor Ellavorn

Race: Silvan Elf (Wood Elf)

Physical Description and/or Picture:

Cloak | +

Alignment: Mirkwood

Origin Story/Background: Though in the service of the king of Mirkwood, Thurinor has spent more of his life in the forested areas of both Mirkwood and Middle Earth than within the stone halls. As a young elfling, he would follow his father as often as possible when he went hunting or even simply on treks through the green lands; however, as the power of Sauron grew and the once quieter forests of Mirkwood became more dangerous this was put to an end. Being left in the care of his mother and other handmaids, the young explorer grew a hatred of the indoors, spending as much time as he was granted outside. As he aged, his talents were noticed by one of the guardsmen and Thurinor was taken into training. Soon he too wore the markings like his father as one of King Thranduil's own.

As the forests grew darker and the patrols intensified, Thurinor was sent forth more often as a scout, spying on the enemy or taking out a few of their border patrols. This went on for years until his urges to go beyond the trees of his home became too strong to ignore, packing only what he could carry, Thurinor left to see Middle Earth. This adventuring brought him to many places and with it came his status as a trained scout and hunter. Wanting to escape this, he went into hiding, becoming an anonymous soul in both cities of men and elves. As his wanderings brought him from one city and town to the next Thurinor would return to his home, never for long and always to the annoyance of king Thranduil who saw him as a traitor and "man-lover" for his high talk of the men of the realm.

Equipment/Weapons:
Spear (pictured above)

Twin Daggers | +

Bow & Arrows | +

Specialties: Master of the bow & arrow, skilled in hand-to-hand combat, excellent tracker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:47 am 

I've been pretty busy over the past couple of days. I'll try to get an IC thread up either tonight or tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:22 am 

No worries, I've been busy too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:10 pm 

@WizzardDestroyer, is this still a go? Yea? Nay?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:03 pm 

Been over on Rolplay Repository for a bit. Currently retired.

T_T
Looks like this was aborted.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
-Piter DeVries

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.
-Paul Atreides

~My RP Resume~ ~ ~My Characters~