PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:56 am 

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Full Name: Boian Nixus Snow-Spear

Species: Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus)

Age and Place of Birth: Age 31 years, Akamu Mountains

Rank and Title: Boian/Dragon Rider Squad Commander

Appearance: Standing at a massive 7 feet and 6 inches and weighing at 290 pounds, combined with his toned muscularity, Nixus towers over nearly everyone he meets. Being a polar bear, this can make him terrifying to many of the smaller races, and even other bears, despite his kind and cool-tempered personality. His fur is, of course, a snowy-white color, which he chooses not to dye as many of the other soldiers and dragon riders do. He is most often seen wearing his half-plate armor, which covers his torso, left shoulder, and thighs, allowing ease of movement while both mounted and dismounted. A short cape adorned with the Akamu colors falls from his left pauldron, covering most of his arm. During combat, Nixus uses his left paw for wielding his weapon of choice, a lance/halberd hybrid, while his right is often seen holding a large kite shield.
Nixus is very physically fit, and even though he is large, is able to move incredibly fast on his feet, quicker than many only half his size.

Attachment:
PolBear001.jpg
PolBear001.jpg [ 76.94 KiB | Viewed 5200 times ]

Family:
Father- Arrigal Ice-Coat Age 64 (Retired)
Aunt- Narianna Winter-Sight Age 60 (Retired)
Mother- Unknown

Friends:
All members of his Dragon-Rider squad

Enemies:
Doesn't have true enemies, but friendly and unfriendly rivalries between he and commanders of other squads.

Love Life:
Despite his kind and outgoing nature, most love interests are too intimidated by his size to approach him, so he has no real experience with romance. He is open minded about relationships, and doesn't care about race.

Painting in his off-time, spending time with his dragon, Valluia (Va-Loo-Yah). Nixus is also very fond of his fellow Boian and is often seen in their company when off-duty.

Hates:
Arrogance, Ignorance, those who pass false judgments on others.
He dislikes war and combat, as well as killing, but would rather take on those burdens in the place of others.
Those who disrespect the queen or undermine her authority, especially those under her command.

Fears:
Accidentally hurting his friends, fellow warriors, and innocents. Also afraid of Valluia dying, especially if he has the power to prevent it.

Strengths:
Incredibly able bodied and suited for combat. Nigh unparalleled skill with mounted and unmounted combat.
Intimidating (Also a weakness in some situations)
Expert in combat strategy and tactics, can come up with tide-turning ideas in a flash.
Kind and generous, respectful (Also a weakness)

Weaknesses:
Nixus has a tendency to take too much responsibility upon himself, even if he is not truly at fault. Because of events in his past, he feels he must bear the full weight of the mistakes made by both he and those close to him.
His large size can make him an easier target in combat, especially if caught off-guard.
His kindness can be a great weakness, especially if taken advantage of by another.
Despite his combat prowess, his ironically gentle personality often puts him at odds with the general, who is in direct command over him.

Weaponry and Gear:
Halberd/Lance Hybrid.: Nixus' weapon extends around 1.5 times his height, but he is able to wield it proficiently with one hand, even when unmounted

Kite Shield: He almost exclusively carries his shield on the less armored right side of his body, and is able to use it as almost a second weapon by bashing it into enemies or cleaving them with the edge.

Training:
Vanguard Combat:
Nixus is highly experienced using his hybrid polearm from both mounted and dismounted positions. His size and speed make him ideal as a Vanguard style warrior, rushing into the front lines on Valluia and clearing out groups of enemies.

Dragon Combat:
He has trained extensively with his dragon, able to fight easily from a mounted position, and just as skillfully on the ground alongside her. The two are able to time their attacks with incredible accuracy.

Painting:
In his off time, Nixus can often be seen painting out in the city or from the balcony of his quarters. He is only an amateur, but he enjoys it as a hobby.

Dragon:(Only if you are approved to be of the Royal and Elite Guards)
Name: Valluia
Height: 11 feet
Weight: 145,900 lbs.
Wingspan: 55 feet
Talents: Ground and Air Combat.

History:
For much of his early life, Nixus spent time under the care of his Aunt and other adults in the community, while his father Arrigal, a Commander of Dragon-Riders, was consumed with his duties. During this time, Nixus saw little of him, instead spending a majority of days growing up with his peers. Arrigal spoke little of the young bear's mother, who'd left early in his childhood and stopped communication with her son altogether, but the child was always curious as to who she was and what she was like, hoping to one day meet her again. Sadly, that day never came while Nixus moved on into his teenage years, and eventually, adulthood. Now recruited into the army, he'd forgotten about his mother almost entirely, instead turning his gaze to his future career and hoping to one day become like his father. Not long after enlisting in the army, his father had Nixus assigned under his command, taking personal control over his training and military education. He was by no means lenient, however, and enforced strict measures and discipline on his son, who soon realized that even with the extra time spent around his father, it was mostly business.

The harsh values that Arrigal instilled in his son were cold and hard as steel, an attempt to shape Nixus into a fearless and skilled warrior and leader. The results were true to the method, as Nixus' abilities went far beyond anything his father anticipated, but the relationship between them was a different story. After nearly a decade working under his father, their personal relationship was withered, and Nixus realized that the grizzled old bear had little desired to form any bonds to him. Instead of finding inspiration and motivation from Arrigal, Nixus became resentful of the old bear's icy personality, vowing to surpass him in his own way. Eventually, Nixus achieved enough status and renown to become a dragon-rider, proving to be one of the elite soldiers in the Kingdom, and was able to bond with his own dragon. The moment he saw the elegant and shimmering scales of the dragon, of a silver color that demonstrated kindness and purity coupled with assertion and power, he knew she would be the partner that would help Nixus overcome his father's coldness. The dragon and rider proved to be a perfect match, as natural as the pairing of sword and shield, and that connection would eventually help Nixus attain the rank of Boian Commander, equal to his father. He wasn't in his position long before the King and Queen passed away of unusual circumstances, and their eldest daughter ascended the throne. In an unusual move, the new Queen, Maka, assigned a human as the General of the military, and direct superior to Nixus and Arrigal. While Nixus didn't mind the change, seeing no problem with having a human for a military leader, his father was openly skeptical, believing that having such a leader would weaken the army and reduce morale.

Nonetheless, Arrigal served grudgingly under Arnia for several years until his retirement, moving on as a bitter old bear and his relationship with his son crumbled to dust. Nixus however, served proudly, and despite the General's doubts of his more lenient and sympathetic personality, he eventually earned her respect through his unwavering resolve, combat genius, and tactical prowess. Despite the barrier between Nixus and Arrigal, he had overcome and proven that he didn't have to become his father to garner respect and influence.

Come see my artwork!

Last edited by Tragic~Legacy on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Nixus Snow-Spear
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:07 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

I see where you were trying to go with this, but there are some things that have to be changed.

Age of dragon has to be younger. Dragon riders get their dragons when they turn 18 and take a hatchling to train as their chosen companion.

Also, there is no way your character would have been alive during the war, as it was 90 years ago. Only member of his family that would have been in it would have been his Greatgrand parents.

If you wish for him to be of importance, his skills and strength within the squads will be more than adequate for him to make a name for himself. He would have a lot of direct contact with Aly's character Arnia, so you may want to get in touch with her about some back history between the two.

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:40 pm 

Supporter (1)

Ah okay, sorry about the issues, I'll work on fixing them at the next available opportunity. Thank you for letting me know~

Come see my artwork!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:46 pm 

Owner

No problem. Looking forward to seeing the changes.

"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:23 am 

Supporter (1)

I fixed my background and hopefully that fits better. I tried to make an interesting history that fits with his personality, but I don't know how well it appears from an objective standpoint, so let me know if what I edited is or isn't acceptable. Also, I've messaged Asteria in regards to a historical background between our two characters, and am waiting on a response, so I'll let you know what we decide.
On a side note, I've included more information on the dragon, Valluia, to include a picture, and updated Nixus' weaknesses.
Thank you~ ^_^

Come see my artwork!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:52 pm 

Supporter (1)

Alrighty, my character sheet is updated once again. Per usual, let me know if anything is wrong or out of place ^_^
Thank you~

Updated:
Family
Dragon Information
Character Background

Come see my artwork!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:51 pm 

Owner

Approved.