All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rangers OOC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:35 pm 

Missing My Companions

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

As a suggestion, perhaps your character could be where ever the Ranger gate is opening to take the survivors back....thus witnessing their retreat.

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

~J.R.R. Tolkien

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:16 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Is this an original rp made by you, Reaper? Its amazing how much detail and structure has been put into it.

Also, are our characters starting off as rangers or are we going to be initiated into it at some point in the rp?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:52 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Yup, it's original. I usually make a lot of RP ideas like this and such, but this is my first time publishing it, so hopefully everyone likes it.

Also, it depends on your character. If you're at the scene with the near destruction of the force, then your character is a Ranger.

However, it is possible to be initiated into it later, though you'll have to survive on your own until your character comes into contact with the rest of the Rangers, as is the case with one of Shadow's characters.

Feel free to ask me any questions in case my explanations were a bit confusing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:27 pm 

“Even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side.”

If you are waiting for me to get something written, but want to keep things going, you can skip my post, I don't mind. There really isn't much for me to do as is, except maybe a filler post. I do not think I am going to be able to get anything up tonight, as I am really tired at the moment. I am aiming for Monday, which I have off. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Click Me!

Here is a link to my: characters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:59 pm 

I think we'll go along with loose posting as it seems the best idea. It'll provide a basic structure that'll keep activity up and allow people to take their time.

Take your time Shadow, no worries. As for everyone else, would you guys rather I post the next post?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:08 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)

Sounds good to me.

As for the next post, I'm good with you making the next post. It makes sense to me for us to keep it rolling. As she said, there's not a whole lot for her characters to do at the moment. If we keep going, it'll speed along our progress toward a place where her characters can be more involved.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:10 pm 

I don't know how far in the RP you are but here is my character profile and I shall look to find the RP now

Name: Triarc Gorentite
Lore of Magic: Lore of Ungol-Shadow

Weapon(s): Broadsword, named Eulid after the man who mentored Triarc and turned him from degenerate to noble warrior, when in open combat. Dagger is favored weapon most of the time. He has two that are visible and one that is hidden under the layers of clothing he wears.

Appearance:

Personality: Despite his troubled path, Triarc is quite a tame specimen and naturally kind-hearted. He likes to crack jokes and is not at all afraid to call attention upon himself in hopes of entertaining others. However, that does not mean he lacks the cunning and ferocity that is required to do his work. If he deems someone an enemy, that person better be careful as the dedication that Gorentite shows to eliminating those who threaten him or those he cares for is unrelenting.

Bio: Triarc hasn't exactly had the greatest time in his life. At an early age both of his parents had contracted a deadly virus that took their lives, and almost took his as well. For years he bore the sickness and because of it he was not able to work like many folks his age did. No one would take in a sick orphan with no job skills so in turn he had to learn how to survive on his own, scratching and scraping for any type of living he could make. More often than not this resulted in someone's pockets being picked or someone needing to be pushed around a little bit. After doing this for many years, Triarc gained the reputation of a common street thug and though he was able to slip away most of the time without getting caught red-handed, there were many times where he spent long nights in a cell in various parts ot the countryside. Most of his crimes consisted of common thievery but some of his darker acts had been kept secret, murdering for coin as a sellsword at times and even kidnapping when the job called for it.

His crime spree was thought to have died down when he took on a study in the magic of Ungol under the watchful eye of Master Gerrik Heden but that was soon proven to be an error in judgement as soon after learning what he needed the brash young man used the power to take the coin of his teacher, along with his life with a blade across the throat while invisible, proving that he was one step ahead of the guru at his own teachings. It was this event that triggered a drive in Triarc to become the greatest user of shadow based lore in the lands, believing that since he beat his teacher, who was arguably one of the best in the area, he could triumph in all manners with his abilities. For many years he terrorized the common folk, striking fear in the hearts of all those who heard rumors of him lurking in the shadows. That was, until his deeds finally caught up to him when someone who had greater power than he did not fall victim to his invisibility act and beat him down and threatened to leave him for dead in the streets of Isri.

However, the warrior took pity on the villainous Triarc and opted to take him under his wing and calm his fury, teaching him how to work with his hands and learn many different trades; black smithing, jewelry making, carpentry, etc. During this time Triarc also learned how to properly wield a knife as well as a broadsword and gained a little bit of skill with the bow and arrow. For years the two of them stayed together and eventually became like brothers, helping out people throughout the lands in helping to gain the once infamous criminal a new reputation, one that people respected and grew fond of. But as they say, all good things come to an end and eventually Triarc's new mentor and brother succumbed to a deadly sickness and died, leaving him to wander on his own, where he continued to help those in need and hone his skills. It was at this point that he was approached by a stranger to join the Rangers, a group of elite warriors that defend the realm from any force that threatens it. Triarc took a great interest in this and accepted the invitation and has been a part of the organization ever since, becoming a true warrior while helping to protect the lands.

It was a miracle that Triarc was able to survive the invasion of the Varricus Empire that wiped out nearly all of the Rangers and for this he feels both relief and regret as he wished more of his companions could have made it out but he realizes that now the burden of responsibility to avenge his fallen comrades as well as repel this invasion falls on his shoulders, along with the remaining Rangers that are out there. He hopes to reunite with those who were scattered during the invasion and help bring order and peace to the lands, at least from this threat that is looking to dominate the entire world.

Attachments:
212160_screenshots_20160510043350_1.jpg
212160_screenshots_20160510043350_1.jpg [ 522.07 KiB | Viewed 7436 times ]

Last edited by thetruegarsot on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:04 am 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Name: Turge

Lore of Magic: Vormal, Alcon (Earth)

Weapons(s): twin battle Axe's

Appearance:

Personality: he does not waste time and comes across as overly blunt. He has been known to help his other Rangers by shouldering their burden, not only physically but mentally as well. Despite his rough exterior, he is rather friendly, and like every Orc he finds himself at home on the battlefield, he is daft at times, as well overly reckless, and bold. and Carefree to some extent.

Bio: Turge was born in the highlands, to a chieftain of a great war band, but before he could even open his eyes, a rival Chieftain waged a war with his father over territory. Resulting in his father's death, and his odd situation, he was left in a river and later found by a merchant on his way to his home in Al Dornast. The merchant took Turge in until he was selected by the Phoenix Guard, after the training and trials he was welcomed in the Phoenix guards ranking.

From that point onward he served as a front-line combatant, after living through many battles, he gained a fair share of scares, including his most well-known among the senior Rangers, his right most upper lip and cheek was ripped away. He watched as battle after battle their numbers dwindled, making him one of the most senior members of the Phoenix guard now known as the Rangers. He used to be the outcast before the fall of the Zeldoran Empire, he was an Orc people completely avoided him, but that was far better than everyone wanting to see his head on a pike. He joked about how it would probably be an improvement to his looks all the time, that was just one of his many ways to make people laugh a bit.

Once the Rangers were forced to relocated he was always in charge of the scouting effort to ensure the Rangers did not walk into any ambushes, until finally they were pushed into the forest there Numbers servery dwindled, it was a slight relief to him when their Grandmaster was able to gain them a new home in Elacarai. Times were overall good until the fateful final battle with the ruined ones.

(hope this is good)

Attachments:
cd9e9d982ed5c531a1d509f60b6a1a7e.jpg
cd9e9d982ed5c531a1d509f60b6a1a7e.jpg [ 71.48 KiB | Viewed 7428 times ]

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:55 am 

@thetruegarost, About how old would you say Triarc was taught the Lore of Ungol? I'm just asking because normally, children as young as 6 are chosen to join the Guard. Would it be that your character joined after the destruction of the Guard and onto the creation of the Rangers?

@ShadowVictor, perfect and accepted. Turge will be a valuable ally to the Rangers.

@Everyone, sorry about the long wait, I'll get my next post up today. I've been working on a map for this RP in order to give you guys a better understanding of what the land looks like

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:25 am 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

I should probably post soon then or come up with some excuse as to why Turge was not at the battle.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:29 am 

You can actually get your post in right now

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:47 am 

I was going to have it to where he joined after the creation of the Rangers. As for the magic I was intending on him having learned a bit from someone outside the Rangers who was a rare magic user and that could be what got him the invitation to join the Guard.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:40 pm 

Hm, alright. I'll accept it. Triarc is accepted

Also everyone, things came up today, so Ill be sure to get my post up by tomorrow. For now, Victor and Garost, see if you can make your posts so I can include you guys in my next post

Last edited by iiReaper on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 pm 

Missing My Companions

3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

We look forward to your post, iiReaper! :)

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

~J.R.R. Tolkien

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:15 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

I am officially back from my trip. I've caught up on the OOC. Let me know if you need anything from me!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:07 pm 

I am extremely sorry everyone for the long wait. But that will no longer happen anymore. The Rangers are now officially in action.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:06 pm 

Sorry for taking so long guys but I finally got a post up. Let me know what you think and if I need to correct anything.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:07 pm 

Also editing my character's bio to include the name of his broadsword, Eulid, which was named after the man that mentored him the 2nd time

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:25 pm 

Your post was perfect Garost, just remember that the demons were the main bulk of the force the Rangers were fighting prior to the escape.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:48 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

My word, a lot of you guys have some tricky long character names hahaha. I'm trying to make sure I keep spelling them all correctly and going back and forth between your post and mine as I'm typing it out. I think I'm going to have to make a little side document or something with all the character names or something hahahaha xD

Also I hope my post was okay. I was trying to think what we could do in Henglewood but I honestly couldn't think of anything. My brain is mush from all the medication I'm currently on to stop me from coughing my lungs out haha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next