All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Marvel AU OOC
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:07 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Real Name: Edward Serrus Hallon (goes by Ed/Esh and is called Hal by his military buddies)
Alias: Garryowen and The Black Bullet
Appearance:
Edward is six foot even, has black hair, a sharp chin, blue eyes and has generally native American features on his face however has mostly white skin. He has a slender build and much of his body has alien cybernetics which enhance him in most areas.

Alliance: Loner (Does his own thing)

Powers/Abilities: Hal is cybernetically enhanced to be stronger faster and extremely precise. He wields his custom weapons with expertise. His reaction time is about one hundred times faster than a normal person and has the accuracy to hit shots that are often considered impossible. He has a bunch of custom gadgets and weapons he built himself in a shack near a coal mine. He is also pretty good at riding horses but given that he can run faster and longer than a horse it is kinda pointless. He is an expert in hand to hand combat being able to fight of numerous attackers even before he was cybernetically enhanced.

His weapons include two single action revolvers which shoot plasma bolts from six cartridges similar in size to a .44 magnum. He has a Henry repeater rifle which he has altered to fire the same cartridges as his revolvers and carries eleven rounds in the tube and one in the chamber. His rifle has four modes; Beam which is a long range extreme penetration shot for fighting armored targets, Automatic for close combat, Semi-automatic for long range engagements against soft targets such as people and of course safe. Each cartridge has about one hundred shots but the beam mode for his rifle uses the equivalent of ten. He has a variety of grenades which range in purpose anywhere from, less than lethal, Anti-personnel, Anti-tank, incendiary and EMP.

His bandolier has fifty plasma cartridges for his weapons and also a large hunting knife. His belt has two holsters one for each of his pistols. He has been steadily adding gadgets such as grappling hooks among other things to his person for any situation he might find himself in. He keeps anywhere between three to seven of his grenades on his belt or in his pockets.

His primary mode of transportation is by Steam Locomotive which is not just any steam locomotive but a flying 4-6-4 Hudson class nuclear fission powered beast. It is capable of supersonic speeds and can achieve incredible altitudes. Ed constantly works on improving his locomotive and hopes to be able to use it to make interplanetary trips. The cab of the locomotive also has a large amount of extra supplies in case Ed runs out. He keeps a third pistol under the engineer's seat. He can also call his locomotive to anywhere in the world if he gets separated from it.

Brief History: He grew up in rural Kentucky near an abandoned coal mine which he would play in as a child. As a young adult he Enlisted in the US Army and at the age of twenty one he went to special forces selection. He became a Green Beret and served a couple years in the war on terror. On his last deployment to Afghanistan Ed had a fateful mission where his entire team had been wiped out except for him. Losing interest in fighting for a country that wouldn't fight for him.

Back in his home in Kentucky he had succumb to alcoholism and depression. He often retreated to that abandoned coal mine to drink and sulk in his self pity. One summer night while passed out from his excessive drinking a meteorite fell caring an alien cyborg. The alien's body was totally annihilated by the impact after his spaceship had been destroyed. ASIS (Automatic Symbiotic Intelligence Systems) the cybernetic counterpart of the alien needed a host and it could sense one nearby. Latching on to Ed's body and mind ASIS attempted to take over and Ed fought back. Had Ed been sober he would have been able reject the symbiotic fusion process but he wasn't. Over the course of the next twelve hours the coal mine was filled with sounds of struggle no one heard.

Ed finally regained consciousness walking out of the dark of the mine. Had it been a dream? As he entered the light of day he saw his in reflection in a pool of water. He sighed it hadn't been as if being woken from a stupor as well he heard a female like voice in his head explaining what had happened. They had bonded together and couldn't be separated without both of them being totally destroyed. Ed reluctantly agreed to work with ASIS and he gained all of the knowledge that it brought with it to him.

Over the next few days he turned the abandoned coal mine into a base of operations and begun using the knowledge provided by ASIS to create tools and weapons for himself adopting a wild west cowboy ascetic. His biggest project was a steam locomotive he used to play on as a kid in the coal mine. For its age it was remarkably intact and using ASIS 's knowledge he was able to make it run again.

(definite work in progress please tell me if I missed anything.)

Attachments:
Dark tower.jpg
Dark tower.jpg [ 7.28 KiB | Viewed 6263 times ]

Last edited by Zapy97 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:08 am 

i finally have a soild connection and can be back after almost 2 years :D

I'm probably late to the party but would it be okay to join with a character i made for a fan fic i'm doing set in the MCU (fyi it has a lot of connection to canon MCU characters, not comic versions i know they are very diffrent in some reguards.)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:31 am 

Yeah. They are actually going to be restarting the RP from what I have heard. It can't hurt to make a character sheet. They are also very lenient with what flies in terms of what you want your super hero to be.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:21 am 

i finally have a soild connection and can be back after almost 2 years :D

cool i'll make the sheet as soon as possible