All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:00 am 

Back from hiatus!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Warren left the bond and sighed. He sat by the fire and never said a word as he rubbed the headache he'd earned. He had expected her anger.... It was a side effect of his work. He was sure she would hate him when he broke the barrier. It was weak now... And all he'd need is one good chance.... He could free her wolf. Give her what no one else could. But the price was high. His cat nodded agreement even so. He stared into the fire as the ache pounded in his head.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:16 am 

Blog: View Blog (13)

Stepping out into the cold, Liann walked over and stood in front of Warren, blocking his view of the fire, her arms crossed. "What were you thinking?" She demanded, she didn't have a headache and seeing Warren looking tired she knew why. "You are already tired from before, stop overworking yourself. I said you have two weeks, you can stop rushing."

Unfolding her arms, her hands were clenched into fists and she looked to the side. "I trust you Warren, I do but don't give me another reason to stop trusting you, or else the deal is off," she said her eyes coming back to him. Liann wanted to say more, but the mere possibility that Warren might not be as different from her pack, she didn't want one more shifter like that in her life. Without waiting she headed back to her tent. Tears were pricking at her eyes and she didn't want Warren to see them.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:38 am 

Back from hiatus!

"I will free her Liann..... I will give you something no one else can. I will give you Her. She's waiting to be free and with you.... All she needs is a chance..... I can give her and you that chance. I will wait a day..... Then I will try again...." He said faintly. He knew her hearing would let her hear his words. He stood tiredly and went to his tent and lay down. He was so worn out he was instantly asleep.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:43 pm 

Liann heard him and her fist tightened on the blanket she was just taking out to curl under. The second she felt him fall asleep through the bond, she made her blanket disappear, exited her tent and ran.

She made it as far as the creek before she finally came to a stop and looked in the direction Haven should be. A days walk at most, she could make it. Instead of running, she went over to the tree and leaned against it. Tears started to roll down her cheeks and she quickly wiped them off.

Causing a scarf to appear she wrapped it around her face so she wouldn't get too cold and huddled to the ground, resting her head against her knees. She needed time to think, while Warren was asleep. She really needed to make sure that what Warren was doing, was what she wanted now. There was a high chance that it wasn't.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:08 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warrens mind was exhausted. He knew hed pushed it this time. He heard her run. Felt her panic in the light bond even as she tried to block it out. He knew he had to back off. He wanted to cry in frustration and sadness. He wanted to help her. To give her and her wolf a chance to live a life like a normal shifter. Something even he had never had. But it was her choice. and he couldnt take that away.

He curled into a ball as he shifted and his cat took over. He knew his human side was tormenting himself. But the issue was liann had a wolf inside of her. She was trapped and needed help. It was her only chance if he could break that barrier. Liann was used to being alone. So he knew she was afraid. Afraid to trust him. Afraid to face the uncertainty of having her wolf free. But he had to help her see.... It wasnt right to make her free her wolf. But it wasnt right to let her kill her wolf before she ever met her..... He sighed and looked out at the snow. he was lost on what to do now......

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:40 am 

How long she stayed huddled, Liann wasn't sure, but as her mind started to calm and her tears stopped flowing at a frustrating rate, did she feel a different emotion. Their bond was still intact and she felt the tormenting feeling that Warren was going though. Liann sighed, it was stupid of her to believe that him being asleep would block his awareness.

Shifting a little, she found that she was cold stiff. Working slowly she struggled to get up but continued to move her limbs, her toes, and her fingers, as she tried to get some blood circulated. Finally standing straight, she was aware of how cold her body actually was as she started to shiver. She's been out for too long. Hopefully she won't catch a cold, or worst. She shook her head, believing that she'll be fine, it was actually pretty tough for shifters to get sick. Even if they did, they got better within a day.

Making her way back to the camp, she found that Warren was in his cat form and staring out of the opening of his tent. She knew that he was actually the cat staring out. The snow crunching under her feet, she made her way over to their tent and knelt near the opening and stared at the cat. His eyes were so intense, and sad. They were so desperate to help free her wolf, the wolf that she did not truly believe existed in her. A part of her has started to believe again that a wolf was really inside her, but even that thought made her rage, her hatred of being left alone start to boil.

She kept it down, she fought against the rage that she had and instead started to reach for the cat. She wasn't sure if it was the cold or something else but her hand was shaking. It was so easy to pet him before when his eyes weren't on her, when she wasn't aware of his sharp teeth and claws. Just as she was about to touch the tip of his fur, flashbacks came to her and she winced at them. Sighing, Liann withdrew her hand and instead touched her scar in thought.

~You still have two weeks to help me and I still trust you.~ Liann spoke in mind speech her voice trying to sound reassuring. ~But if you want me to make this easy for you, stop overworking yourself and stop taking all the pain. I'm a big girl now and I don't need you babying me.~ Instead of walking off like she usually did, she waited for a response from the cat or Warren.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:44 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren pushed forth then. Fighting off the strain he was under. She trusted him. Thats what mattered. He still couldnt tell her about the end result. The amount of pain. He would bear the brunt of it. But hed wouldnt have to take it all. Maybe that would be better. He didnt know how badly he was going to feel the repercussions. He shifted. Sitting there looking tiredly at her.

"She is close Liann.... I feel her even if you cant just yet. Another day.... Thats all I need..... Then you and her will be together. I cant tell you what makes these kind of barriers form. But its usually a childhood trauma.... Only your wolf will truly know what held her back...."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:36 pm 

Hearing about the idea of a barrier that has kept her shifter form trapped tugged at Liann's curiosity, but at the same time her tempered boiled and she still couldn't understand why. Looking at Warren before her she had the temptation to touch his face, he looked so worn out. She shook her head in annoyance as she glared at him and said, "Didn't you hear me? I said stop pushing yourself. I get it you want to help her, we'll worry about her tomorrow."

Getting back onto her feet she headed for her tent. "For now get some rest, you're not helping anyone by exhausting yourself to death. And make sure you eat something, we didn't eat lunch. I have food in my bag so don't worry about me. If you need anything just call out whatever."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:57 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren watched her go and snorted to himself. She was just like...... No he wouldnt even think it. He sat there for a while, too tired to do anything. Then he went to his bag and retrieved a small pouch of jerky. He forced himself to eat it. Then he shifted and curled up by the fire. he had always been much more comfortable in his fur than skin. He looked at Lianns tent for a minute more, then he let the exhaustion tug him into sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:05 am 

Lying back down in her tent, she pulled the blanket over herself as she held her book back over her head to start reading again. She wasn't hungry yet but she'll eat eventually. Her mind was really on the her concern for Warren so she actually had to focus a little more on reading.

Her eyes remaining on the same line in the book, she tossed it to the side with a frustrated sigh. Checking the bond, she knew that Warren was asleep, that was a relief. Still, Liann was beyond nervous for tomorrow, and by Warren's tone, he was telling the truth about what he will do. Her wolf side will be free. Turning on her side, Liann tried to figure out how she would feel when the moment she meets her wolf self happens. And what will happen after.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:27 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren woke slowly. He stretched and yawned beside the burned out fire. It was just glowing embers now. He stood and padded into the trees to relieve his nagging bladder. He got a cool drink from the creek and then returned to the fire. He looked at the sky. He judged it to be early morning..... He was surprised hed slept through the night. He shifted and ate some jerky before he realized they would need more if he went through with his plan....

He looked in on Liann and noticed her still asleep. He backed away and shifted quietly. He scented the air and then bounded into the woods. He was on the trail of a large buck. The buck would make a good meal, and great jerky when he brought it back to camp.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:49 am 

The whimpers, the pleas, the cry for help. All of it scarred her memory as the lone wolf screamed out in mind speech, and made tortured agonized sounds as her pack continued to bite and tear him apart. There was no way for her to shut him out.

"Don't turn away, your father wants you to watch," her mother spoke calmly in mind speech as she used her muzzle to nudge Liann to face the now dead wolf and its corpse. As much as she wished for the wolf to stop yelling, the silence was much worst.

A gunshot caused Liann to jump. She turned towards the sound and saw a human hunter stand over another wolf, the wolf was her cousin who faced the hunter as she hid in the bushes. The hunter looked around. Liann lowered to the ground, holding her breath and kept even a small whimper from escaping her. She's never seen anything more frightening. Unable to find anything else, the hunter hitched her dead cousin on his back and walked off. Liann ran across the snow back to her families den and slept close to her mother that night.

"Liann. . ? Liann, wake up," her mother called out in panic. "Why are you in human form, you'll freeze to death like that, change back now."

"I. . .I don't know how mommy," a young Liann said confused.

"I said change now!" Her mother cried in frustration a now older Liann, who had her hands over her ears to block out her mothers angered words.

Anger seeming to heat her as well, Liann dropped her hands from her ears and yelled back, "Stop making me do something I can't! Face it! I never changed and I never will!"

"I'm disappointed in you Liann," a deep voice rumbled next to her.

Liann turned to find a wolf of deep red, scars decorating his face and on his muzzle. An ugly growl rumbled in his chest as he bared his teeth at her.

"Dad, STOP!!" Liann screeched as the wolf lunged for her.

- - - - -

"AHH!" Liann yelled out as she sat up. She struggled to control her breathing as she looked around her tent to find her parents now where in sight.

Wiping her cheek and her forehead, she found that she was not only sweating but crying as well. She was still in a panic to get frustrated over her tears and she instead rested her forehead against her knees and started to rock herself.

Last edited by RainAzel on Tue May 05, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:21 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren had taken his time with the buck. It had been a large older buck with good meat. Hed had his fill and then taken a haunch and was walking back to camp. He had shifted and had the haunch slung over his shoulder as he walked quietly back to camp. He was lost in random thoughts when he heard panic in Lianns voice. He dropped the haunch and shifted mid-stride before racing into camp

~Liann!~ He yelled as he came to a stop by the fire. His whole body was taunt and ready to fight. He saw no one there though.

He slowly moved to her tent and looked inside.

~Liann..... Are you ok?~ He kept his voice more calm this time and sat down, slightly blocking the exit of the tent.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:24 pm 

Liann jumped at the sound of her name, a whimper of fear escapes her as she huddled back into her fetal position. She didn't want anyone from her pack to see her like this, they'll either lecture her to toughen up or leave her all alone to deal with her emotions herself. Or worst, they'll report to her parents, and then they'll come.

~Liann..... Are you ok?~ the voice came again, calmer this time.

For a second Liann was a confused, this wasn't anyone from the pack. She looked up to find Warren looking back at her. Seeing him there before her only made the tears fall all the more harder and a sob came out before she could stop. "I'm sorry," Liann said, her voice shaky and tortured. "Please don't look at me."

She turned away from him as she grabbed her blanket, clutching it to her chest for any comfort it could provide. Feelings of despair tortured her mind as she came to a horrible realization. She's was a wolf in her early childhood, but something happened and she turned into the failure she was now. She hated all shifters, she hated them so much. "I can't do this Warren," Liann spoke into the blanket. "Don't make me shift, I don't-." She stopped herself from saying more, if she spoke one more word, it would all come rushing out, everything she desperately tried to lock away.

Usually when this happened, she was all alone. She could cry to her hearts content without any prying eyes. Now that Warren saw her like this, she wanted him to go away, she hated this weakness in her, the fact that she was a failure. Liann didn't want Warren to see any of this, but a part of her didn't want him to leave either. Unsure what else to say or do, she stayed curled up and kept her face turned away from him as she continued to sob and tried to fight off her fears and despair on her own.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:43 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren quietly shifted to his cat. He knew he was taking a chance. But it was the only way he could try to comfort her. he lay down and scooted forward until her back was against his side. He tried to project calm soothing thought to her, though not in an invasive way. As soon as they touched his powers started working. He felt them leech slowly at her pain and fear. Taking it away slowly to help calm her. But he was ready to move. He didnt know what was wrong with her. But if she bade him leave a second time then he would do so. Though hed rather stay by her side. He never said a word. Only gave her his presence.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:22 pm 

Alarm bells rang in her head as Warren brushed against her in his cat form. Everything yelled for her to run, but she found that she couldn't move, she was frozen in fear.

When Warren didn't snarl or do anything to hurt her, Liann found that she started to relax. She couldn't help but be comforted by his presence, the warmth he provided and the softness of his fur. After a few minutes, Liann turned and buried her face into his side, her hand now clutching some of his fur. She remembered the last time she petted Warren and she found that she could get used to the feel of the soft fur. Liann continued to cry but the sobs have stopped and overtime she began to shiver less.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:08 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren never said a word. He knew this was probably the first time in a long time she had been this close to an animal form of a shifter that wasnt trying to hurt her. Over time she began to calm down. He kept alert, his ears flicking occasionally at random sounds. He finally lay his head down by her shoulder. This was going to be a very emotional week he thought to himself. But hed have to be careful. He wanted to help her. No... He needed to help her. But not by force. He wouldn't force her to face her wolf.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:38 am 

After a few moments, Liann suddenly became extremely aware of her closeness to Warren. Leaning away and sitting up, she quickly rubbed the rest of her tears from her eyes. "Sorry, I'm alright now. You can go back to doing whatever you were doing before you came here."

She avoided looking at Warren, embarrassed and nervous about him seeing this side of weakness from her. It's been a long time since she's ever cried in front of someone, she didn't want to make a habit of it now. Still she had the urge to reach over and pet Warren's soft fur, so she started to play with the ends of her blanket.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:02 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren huffed and purred.

-I actually wasnt doing anything Liann. Was just coming back from a hunt.- He hesitantly put his head in her lap before she could move away. He wanted to show her he could be trusted, that not all shifters were bad or as scary as her mind made them to be.

-You can trust me Liann. If you couldnt, then I would not be here with you. I wouldnt have showed you my cat form. And I wouldnt have stopped those hunters before.-

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:22 pm 

With nowhere else to put her hand, she awkwardly rested it on top of his head. "I told you before Warren, I trust you," Liann said stubbornly, but her voice was tense. However she found that she was starting to feel relax again, now that she was calm, Liann guessed that Warren must be using a spell or the link they still had, she completely forgot about it. She didn't feel alarmed at this realization, she knew that she needed it and that it helped. More importantly, Liann felt that Warren did all this because he cared, that he truly could be trusted. In comparison, her family impatiently used force to snap her out of her emotional state so they can hurry and find ways to change her. It was their only solution to help Liann have a better life but also to have the rest of the pack respect her parents again.

Sighing heavily, Liann leaned into Warren again, exhausted from this mornings outburst. Her hand started to pet Warren, unable to fight the urge to run her fingers through his fur. This went on for a few more minutes.

"Warren," Liann started hesitantly. "What's going to happen when you set her free? Will it be painful, or annoying to have someone else in my head. Because she's my wolf side, will I instantly shift?" Liann's voice was mostly calm even slightly curious, but she was also wary, which was natural since she figured these questions are the most commonly asked of Warren when he helped others like her. And part of her wouldn't want to go into this blindly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next