All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:45 am 

Back from hiatus!

Blog: View Blog (0)

He held out some meat to her and a small knife.

"Just trim the fat off the meat first..... Dont want the fat dripping into the fire. Then we will rub it with this.." He pulled out a small pouch of mixed spices. "After that we cut it into small strips and hang it from this.." he puller out three poles. He placed two, one on either side of the fire. The third had small hooks on which to hang the meat from . He placed it over the fire. It was high enough for the flames not to scorch the meat.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:00 am 

Blog: View Blog (13)

"Alright," Liann answered as she took the knife and the meat. Getting to work, she was quiet and placed all of her concentration on her task. For a moment she was able to forget everything, forget that her guard was down even though she was close to a shifter, forget that she was away from a home where her family thought her dead to them. She kept her focus so that she wouldn't waste this food and she'll worry about everything else later. It took her some time but she moved back over to Warren and held the meat casually before him. "Here."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:11 am 

Back from hiatus!

He smiled as he took the meat. He checked it and wasnt surprised. Shed trimmed it just right. So he took out the pouch and took out a small spice shaker. he shook a good amount on his and her pieces then he rubbed in the spices.

"The spices give the meat some flavor and help keep the meat fresher longer. Some like to marinate the meat. Since i usually cant I just use a little bit of meat tenderizer to act the same way.." He cut the meat into several small strips and hung them on the poll.

"Now we wait for a few hours. Its simple really. not hard to make, just takes time to smoke. Longer it smokes the better its texture and flavor when you eat it." He turned to her. 'I can teach you many things.... But what I agreed to was to help you meet your wolf..... And i think its time we start trying if ive only got two weeks in which to do it......."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:20 am 

She nodded and watched intently trying to learn this. When Warren suggested that they get started on him helping her shift, she avoided his eyes again, her hand naturally touching her scar. She sighed before turning to face him, although she was still very nervous. "Alright, let's get started."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:20 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren nodded as he put everything back in the pack.

"Okay, so first I have to use a few spells on you. Dont look so alarmed or angry..... Its a precaution to keep us both safe, But mainly to keep you safe. One will numb your body. Some feel slight pain, so I wont take the chance. Another will relax your mind, kind of like a trance, it will allow me to reach out to and into your mind easier without discomfort for you or me. the third will keep us hidden, so no one will sense us or be able to find us." He didnt mention the last, because she didnt need to know of it. But he waited for her answer.... He wouldnt put the spells on her unless she said he could..... But he hoped she would, otherwise it would be harder on both of them.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:53 pm 

Her heart pounded in her chest, she wondered if Warren could hear it, and she forced her hands to relax, her shoulders to relax. Her eyes lowered she couldn't look him in the eyes. "That's fine," Liann answered. Memories came to her and she winced at them becoming worried of how Warren would react when all of this failed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:04 am 

Back from hiatus!

He nodded and focused on the spells. He placed then first then cast them to her and himself.

"They will act as a shield and a bond. It will let me enter your mind and will let you see what I do without much pain or discomfort..... If you don't like anything I do then let me know mentally..." He waited to make sure the spells had taken effect.... He didn't want to do this without them..... He could..... But it would be harder on both of them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:24 am 

Liann nodded and closed her eyes trying to will herself to trust Warren. She hoped with all her heart that he'll be different from the others. Even though she knew the process will be painful, she didn't want to be hurt by yet another shifter when she fails. Taking in a deep breath, Liann remembered a time when she truly wondered what it would be like to shift. Would Warren really be able to change her in a couple of days? Well, if he couldn't, he still had two weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:54 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren felt her relax a bit and knew the spells were beginning to work. He too relaxed and cast another spell. This one would block any pain from her. He slowly reached out with his mind. He felt her mind and gently touched it with his own, forming the bond he needed to work with her. He knew shed felt it because she tensed, but a moment later she relaxed.

-Trust me Liann...... I won't hurt you..... And the pain WO t bother you either- he delved into her mind. But he never looked at her memories. They were hers and he'd not invade her privacy. He let her know that by gently reassuring her with a mental caress. He be as gentle as he could. Her mind was sacred and he'd not tamper with it as some do....

He reached the 'bottom' of her mind. But he didn't stop. He touched the barrier and felt the tendrils of pain filter into himself. GED have to break the barrier.... And it was going to hurt. But he'd made sure shed feel none of it. He was afraid that any pain would drive her away. And he wanted desperately to help her. He worked slowly at weakening the barrier. He stopped only after he had exaughsted himself with effort and pain.

He was sweating as he concentrated.... As he reached the limit he felt her. The wolf was just inside the barrier. She was aware of him. And his cat was strangely aware of her. He knew it was the closeness to the trauma they'd suffered before. They both wanted to save this female..... To atone for the loss of their mate..... He shook the thoughts and pulled out of the link to her mind. It was a semi permanent link. It would stay until he no longer needed it.

He released the spells and tiredly opened his eyes. He looked at her and spoke.
"You might feel a slight headache.... Its normal.... I've done what I can today..... We can try again tomorrow...." His voice held his discomfort. His head was pounding... He'd funneled her pain into himself. Now it was taking its toll. He could barely focus on her.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:28 am 

"Trust me Liann. . . I won't hurt you. . ."

It was odd to let a shifter back into her mind again, but his words, although she has heard them over and over from her pack, they were never nearly as gentle and careful as Warren was. Something in his voice really touched Liann and she truly felt safe to trust him.

He never looked into her memories, which she was grateful for. He didn't try to change her fears, another thing her father tried to do to forcefully calm her. Those trials never went well and she would break apart the bond hurting her and her father, her father would be enrage for weeks on end whenever that happened. But Warren was completely different, he reassured her and she didn't feel an ounce of pain. When she woke Liann did have a headache, but it was far better than what she experienced as a kid.

Rubbing her head she slowly opened her eyes waiting for them to focus. She was uncertain of what just happened, trails like this didn't usually end well and someone would yell or complain about her unwillingness. Looking to Warren, she instantly turned worried.

"Warren?" Liann said as she leaned in to look at Warren, he was so pale. "What's wrong? What did you do?" Carefully she placed her hand on his cheek and looked into his eyes. They were slightly unfocused, she's never seen anyone in a worst condition than her before. "Warren?" Liann called out again, her voice was soft but held panic and worry, she wasn't sure what to do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:39 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren couldn't focus enough so his cat took control. With a grimace he shifted, knowing his form would allow him to focus. He was sitting and shook his head to clear in. It worked but only a little. He lay down as he swayed dizzily.

-We will be ok Liann..... He just pushed our mind a little more than he should have..... How are you? Any pain?- his gruff voice was subdued by the pain. But at least he was able to think and speak unlike his human.....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:50 am 

Liann was at a near lost for words. Warren has yet again pushed himself to lengths for her. Yet she was also annoyed at him for being reckless. She had an idea on how mentally straining the process can be to someone, Warren should have been more careful. A lecture was forming in her mind but it slowly disappeared as the cat laid down exhausted.

"I'm alright, I only have a headache like he said. Thanks," was all Liann could bring herself to say.

Unsure of what else to do to help, she reached out to the cat. She hesitated at first, her hand hovering a few inches from the cats head. Gently she started to pet him, rubbing his head in a massage like manner. "Does that help?" She asked warily. "I'll stop if it doesn't."

Last edited by RainAzel on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:56 am 

Back from hiatus!

He sensed her hesitation so he stayed still. Her massage did help ease the headache. He started purring, a reaction to her gentle touch.

-It does ease the headache...... He took more pain from the bond than I thought- he butted his head into her hand, enjoying the contact. It was the first time had been touched gently in many years.....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:57 pm 

Feeling the cat rub his head against her hand and hearing the deep rumbling of his purring, the corner of her mouth twitched with a small smile. "He shouldn't have pushed himself so hard," Liann commented, trying to keep a firm tone but failed to seeing how tired the cat was. With a sigh she continued to pet him. "You guys are such a pain." Again she couldn't hold the stern tone in her voice for she was glad to believe that Warren and the cat will be alright.

Bringing her fingers together back to the brow of the cats head she pushed back up over to the top of the head spreading her fingers across adding a little pressure. The cat continued to purr under the attention. She always wanted someone to comfort her when she was in pain, but her pack usually left her alone believing that her wolf self would eventually come to help her recover, just like how the cat made Warren shift to ease some of the pain. Helping Warren now without fear of being bitten or seeing contempt in his eyes, it gave her a sense of purpose. She really shouldn't get close to a shifter in case things turned out for the worst later but Liann found that she liked the soft silky feel of the cats fur and so she didn't want to stop petting him. So she stayed by him and decided to at least, for a moment, enjoy this small connection between them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:46 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warrens cat entered the link..... He knew she wasn't yet aware of her wolf. But he was..... She was close to the surface.... It was close contact with another shifter..... That's what was helping him find her..... She was reaching out for help and comfort from another shifter without realizing why. So he reached into the bond and stroked the barrier..... The wolf brushed the barrier trying to respond to him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:16 am 

I rubbed against the cold barrier that's kept me trapped for so long. And although I could not feel the comfort this shifter attempted to give me, I was content with it. They have brought me hope when I no longer believed in it. Soon, I will be free and will be able to protect Liann whenever our life is threatened.

- - - -

Liann cleared her throat a little as she glanced over at the meat that hung over the fireplace. "Should I get up now and check the meat, it seemed we were linked for awhile," Liann suggested. It was a weak suggestion since it didn't seem like Warren's work lasted anymore than an hour but she was becoming aware of how long they've been like this. The cat purring and her petting his head affectionately. She was becoming worried that she was starting to fall for them which was a really bad idea.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:31 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warrens cat glanced at the fire and sighed. He knew she still wasnt comfortable..... So he decided to stand up and stretch.

"It will be fine for a little longer. I need to run and stretch. Its not often we are able to roam without being in danger. if you need me call me.... The link works both ways Liann.... You can reach out to us just as we can to you." He yawned and loped off into the bushes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:34 pm 

~Aren't you tired?~ Liann asked trying not sound too worried. Shaking her head, she sighed and got up to head back into her tent. Getting her bag to appear, she shuffled through to take out a book. It's been awhile since the last time she read anything. Lying on her back she tried to read but had to go back a few chapters since she forgot how the story went.

After a few pages in, Liann realized how relaxed she felt just waiting for Warren to come back. She wasn't sure if she really liked the idea of feeling that way but she didn't plan to think too hard about it. So she went back to reading and decided to check the meat in just a few more minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:57 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warrens cat hunted a deer again.... But he didn't kill it. It was more the use of his skill he wished to practice. No need to kill the deer when there was plenty of meat already back at camp. After an hour or so he went back. He shifted as he neared the camp. His hu.an once again in control.

Warren went to the fire and pulled the now smoked meat away. He'd have to package it so it would stay fresh. He pulled several tin containers from. His bag and put away the meat. He sat by the fire quietly and tentatively reached through the bond. He touched the barrier and shuddered. His spells were still working and he felt the discomfort of the barrier. He used his power to slowly weaken it for a few minutes. He wasn't sure how long he was in the bond.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:37 pm 

Lying on her back she heard Warren come back. His presence brought a relief to her but also a spark of annoyance. Problem was she wasn't sure where this feeling came from and it sparked when she felt him enter her mind again and return to work on whatever he worked on before.

~Warren, what are you doing?~ She asked, slowly turning a bit panicked by his unexpected entrance. ~I thought we were done for today, get out of my mind or I will force you out.~

There was an edge to her voice and Liann was surprised and wondered where this anger was coming from. She was becoming angry at Warren and she wasn't sure why. She had a feeling that it had something to do with Warren working at a fast pace. I only need a few days. . . maybe a week. That's what he said when they made their deal, the reminder only annoyed Liann further. ~Warren get out of my head now!~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next