All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:07 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

There was so many unsaid things between the two of them, but Draco also knew that he was too much of a coward to actually voice them. He wanted to tell Harry that he wasn’t going to disappear again that he was going to make time for him no matter what; anything to convince Harry that he was in it for real this time, but the words didn’t come to him.
He briefly looked at his watch and immediately realised that he wasn’t going to have time to voice any of it or he was going to miss his train.
“Indeed,” he said with a soft smile. “I have to get to the platform though. My train leaves in a bit.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:42 pm 

"Oh, yeah," Harry said, the surprise in his voice seeming to be genuine. Time showed hard to process around Draco, especially when it was only a fraction of an hour they had to spend with one another. "Of course."
Obligingly, Harry shifted. His movements were made unintentionally harsh by the sudden feeling of urgency; he withdrew his hands from Draco's in the same movement that he leaned back into his chair.
Though he trusted Draco, he still instinctively glanced towards his own watch, before moving to get up. "I'll walk you there."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 3:27 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The moment Harry’s hands had left him, Draco found that he missed that easy kind of intimacy. He had gotten so used to it already, still unsure what he was supposed to think of this as, he just knew that he liked having Harry around.
“Thank you,” he said, getting up as well and collected his stuff. The worst part of it all was that he didn’t know when he was going to see Harry again, and that was the thought that eventually made him reach out and take Harry’s hand in his own.
“I’m on platform 12, so it’s a bit of a walk.”

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:23 pm 

Though Harry had only barely let go of Draco's hand, it still made his heart skip a beat when Draco moved to maintain that intimacy. Harry hadn't seen Draco's hand reach for him, and the touch alone was enough to made his eyes dart to their hands. There was some degree of surprise in his barely parted lips as he once again got reacquainted with the sight and feel of Draco's hand in his.
Only moments later, Harry's eyes were quick to find Draco's. The lingering softness of the surprise gave way for a genuine and pleased grin. A tidal wave of emotions washed over Harry, and though there really wasn't that much of a difference between holding hands seated than moving, Harry's heart fluttered at the reassurance that Draco wouldn't be leaving London on awkward turns.
"It's okay," Harry said, having payed attention to Draco's words, though it had taken him a minute to gather his thoughts. His smile widened, and for a moment, it seemed like there was nothing more okay than Draco leaving from the far end of the station.
Harry gave Draco's hand a squeeze, as he reluctantly moved towards the platforms. His eyes, however, had yet to leave Draco. "I've got time."

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:03 pm 

The soft reassurance that Harry had the time and didn’t mind the walking sent Draco’s heart flying, unable to imagine anything more beautiful than the way Harry stayed close to him and didn’t mind the intertwining of their hands. It seemed so absolutely perfect to him and he found himself wishing that the walk would be so much longer.
“I’m glad,” he said with a warm smile, unable to hide just how pleased he was that Harry had actually showed up.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:25 pm 

If Harry allowed himself to indulge in the thought, he could almost convince himself that Draco had relaxed into their stolen little touchs. To call it intimacy might be a stretch, but Harry relished how easily Draco sought out their proximity.
Harry could do little else than to return the smile, brightly. The truth of the matter was that he didn't, yet admitting how readily he made time for Draco still felt dauting.
"How long's the trip?" he asked, finding that line of questioning easier to entertain.
They still didn't know what the future held for them - in the most literal, immediate sence of the word. Draco would leave for Paris in a blink of an eye, and beyond that, Harry didn't know anything for certain. Harry's eyes had wandered as people had started filtering around them, yet he still made a point to glance at Draco when he continued.
His smile became a tease. "Have you brought a book?"

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:44 pm 

“It’s two and a half hours,” Draco stated with a shrug, used to the trip by now, even if it wasn’t all that entertaining. It was an easier conversation to have than the one that they probably should be having, but both of them knew that now wasn’t the time for it. There really was no saying in how this would go for them, or even if there really was a them, but Draco cherished every single moment with them.
“Don’t worry, I always make sure to have e-books downloaded,” he stated with a soft smile, trying not to overthink how much he enjoyed Harry’s hand in his own and how his heart almost ached at the thought of having to let it go very soon.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:44 pm 

Harry hummed at that, momentarily distracted, having to turn his shoulders as he led them down the stairs to platform 12. "That's clever."
To their left, passengers were leaving the platform, confirming that the train had arrived, even before Harry had it in his sight. The slight awkwardness of his posture could have been avoided by the simple act of letting go of Draco's hand. Harry, however, found that he’d much prefer to angle his arm behind him than to do so.
"It's good that you don’t’ have work to do, at least," Harry said, this time more attentively so. As soon as they stepped off the stairs, it once again became possible for Harry to walk beside Draco. When he once again turned to meet Draco's eye, Harry lit up in a bright smile all over. "Two and a half hours's not so bad."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:28 pm 

“It’s not too shabby,” Draco stated, knowing that they were both just desperately trying to avoid having to tell each other goodbye. Their meetup at the station had already been spontaneous, a last ditch effort to see each other before they would be away from one another for god knew how long. It felt terrible not to know when he was going to see Harry again and it made him not want to let go.
“I am getting used to it by now,” he said with a soft smile, already now knowing that if this thing with Harry was going to be something more sustainable, he would want to go to London far more often.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:14 pm 

Harry hummed at that, wanting to respond yet not knowing how to do so without infliction. Harry hoped that Draco was being genuine when he said it wasn't that bad - or else learn to get used to it. It was daunting having to say goodbye to Draco; while two and a half hours in and of itself didn't feel like a long time, Draco was leaving for an entirely different country; that only made the distance seem that much more significant. "That's good."
Feeling himself having spaced out, Harry's smile widened. If this was something they were even going to attempt, Harry realized he couldn't allow himself to get too weighed down by Draco's departure. "Let me know if you end up reading anything worthwhile, yeah?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:07 pm 

Being away from Harry seemed extremely intimidating to Draco, who still had no idea how he would classify their relationship; to start, he didn’t even know if they were going to keep seeing each other in a romantic fashion, even if Harry had already kissed him several times.
“Don’t worry, I will start texting you the second I get bored,” he admitted with a soft smile, almost as if he was testing the waters, figuring out if that even would be alright. He liked Harry so much and he wanted to be with him so badly, but he also knew that the ball was in Harry’s court and he was going to have to be patient.
“I’m gonna miss you.”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:35 pm 

Harry couldn't help but grin at that, finding some reassurance in the slight joke in Draco's phrasing. It was hard to wrap his head around the fact that Draco, in a matter of minutes, would go back to being text on a screen. The day had gone by so effortlessly, and Harry had too readily become used to having Draco within reach.
"Likewise," he admitted, almost tenderly. In reality, Harry was overwhelmed by it all.
Seeking to increase the area of contact, properly reaffirming to himself that not only was Draco here, but he'd eventually be back here too, Harry's hand left Draco's hand in favour for his waist.
The touch was gentle, somewhat compromised by the fabric Draco's coat; it was, however, a ghosting of an embrace. Harry had no sense of time, all he knew was the fact that their time together was running out. So, his hand didn't settle, slipping off of Draco's hipbone before breaking contact completely.
Despite the vague melancholy of the touch, Harry's smile had remained, still so eternally happy to even having spent the day with Draco in the first place. "It's been great seeing you."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:33 pm 

Draco desperately missed Harry’s touch as soon as it was gone, not wanting to be apart from Harry now that he finally got him back, but he knew that there was no other way about it. He really did have to get back to Paris tonight, and he just assumed that Harry had his own responsibilities in London, so it seemed completely inevitable.
“It was great seeing you too,” he said, unable to stop a slightly sadness to get into his voice. He really was going to miss Harry so terribly, but there was no reason to get upset about it. Instead, he just placed his hands in his pockets, trying to stop himself from reaching out for Harry again.
“I wish you could come with me,” he said in a soft voice, knowing that it was probably selfish to even voice the desire, but he couldn’t help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:40 pm 

When Draco properly and definitively withdrew his hands out of Harry's reach, Harry figured the most polite thing was to mirror that small, but distinctive distance. Aimlessly, he turned out of the intimacy of the conversation in order to look at the stationary train.
As if the sight had amplified any whisper of a joke to Draco's words, Harry couldn't help to grin.
"Do you really?" he asked, the chuckle in his voice making the question sound rhetorical. In reality, the laugh had stemmed out of surprise rather than out of a tease.
Harry was still smiling when his eyes darted back to Draco; there, however, his smile seemed to falter. For a moment, it seemed like the weight of Draco's words hit him.
Thoughtlessly, his eyes returned to the train. The slight air of consideration remained around him, before eventually, he repeated himself.
"Do you really?" Harry rephrased, the words the same but with a different infliction. Yet again his eyes found Draco, almost a timid boyishness about him, as the corner of his mouth finally tugged upward. "Maybe I could."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:38 pm 

The mere idea that Harry would follow him to Paris was too much for Draco to even take in. He had felt awful about voicing his desire in the first place, finding that their road had been so rocky and that he had messed up so much that Harry owed him less than nothing. So the fact that Harry would even want to come with him was completely mind blowing.
“You could?” He asked, disbelief clear in his voice as he did. He wanted to spend way more time with Harry in any scenario he could, hungry for a chance to show that he had changed and wanted to make up for how he had messed up in the past.
“Are you sure?” He asked, hands leaving his pockets once more, wanting to reach out for Harry once more, but waiting with it for now. He wanted to be absolutely sure that this was something Harry wanted for himself and not just to sate Draco.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:13 pm 

How surprising the suggestion was to Draco actually seemed to force Harry to properly hink about his offer. Though there was an air of urgency to their interaction - both in the tone of Draco's voice, and in the reality that this decision was under a significant time constaint.
Harry's eyes lingered on Draco, though he seemed distant as he considered the actual logistics. All Harry had on his person was what he had left the office with, completely unprepared to spend a night away. Teddy was out of school in a matter of hours, meaning Harry couldn't even do the round trip to and fro Paris without having to arrange for someone to pick him up from class. He'd have to get up early, knowing he had to be back at work by 12. All in all, it only took Harry a matter of seconds to identify small, yet inevitable hurdles.
Regardless, he cocked his eyebrows, his expression almost nonchalant as he refocused on Draco.
"Yeah," he replied, his voice airy as if the reply surprised him, too. A grin cracked any performative expression, leaving him with an air of juvenile giddiness. With more decisiveness, he repeated himself. "Yeah. If you'd have me."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:51 pm 

After having asked, Draco could almost see the gears turning in Harry’s head, clearly trying to figure out the logistics of how exactly a trip to France would work for him right now. The amount of thinking involved in making the decision only served to convince Draco that Harry had spoken too soon and that it was actually not going to be possible. Thus, his actual answer surprised Draco once more, feeling his heart flip in his chest at the answer.
“Yeah?” He asked, his grin widening as the thought really settled in his mind. He didn’t want to seem pushy, but now that he had gotten a second chance to be together with Harry, he so desperately wanted to be around him as much as possible.
“I’d love to have you,” he said, his tone and smile almost giddy by now, feeling like a school boy again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:30 pm 

Harry felt beyond lucky getting to witness how genuinely thrilled Draco looked at the prospect of spending the entirety of the day together. It made Harry's breath hitch and his lips part in a toothy smile, unable to contain it.
"Alright," Harry replied in a chuckled exhale, coming up short of a better response.
There was something unmistakably juvenile about his excitement, but while his fingers itched to reach out for Draco, Harry instead turned to glance across his shoulders. The gesture was instinctive, mind too clouded with other, more exciting thoughts than the real life implications of such a hasty decision.
When his eyes once again found Draco, Harry's lips were parted, half in hesitation, half in a dumb smile. Once Draco was in his sight once more, the smile widened another bit. "I'm, uh - I'm gonna run back and buy a ticket, then."
As he spoke, his voice became increasingly more of a laugh, stepping backwards out of the conversation. It felt like years since Harry had felt this particular kind of excitement, of pursuing something this thrilling without caring about the repercussions. Taking another step, Harry added a beaming: "I'll be back in a minute."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:31 pm 

One thing had been talking about Harry coming with him back to France, another thing entirely was Harry stating that he was going to go by a ticket. It made Draco’s heart jump in his chest and he could honestly hardly believe that this was actually going to happen.
Before today, Draco had been uncertain if there even was a future for the two of them; if Harry would even be interested in seeing him as anything other than just a friend. It seemed like too much and too fast, and yet Draco still knew that he would do it all over again, desperate to have Harry as a part of his life.
“Alright,” he said, a smile that was a little too bright, a little too genuine, spreading on his lips as he did. He was thrilled that they were doing this and he desperately didn’t want to mess it up.
“I’ll keep the train waiting for you.”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:05 am 

As Harry walked off, quick paced, he shot back a bright smile at Draco in lieu of a actual reply. His heart was going a thousand miles an hour, thoughtlessly serving to further pick up his pace, as he hurried back the way they had just come from.

When Harry returned he did so in a quick pace, but without the urgency with which he had left; the train had still to leave the platform, though the platform itself had vacated considerably. As Draco once again came within speaking distance, Harry was still gathering himself, hands making sure the inside pocket of his jacket, housing now both wallet and ticket, was properly closed.
"I didn't know where your seat is," Harry said, initiating a conversation so trivial it had already made Harry grin. Harry had been standing at the automatic teller, suddenly overcome with the first proof that this was far from a through-out decision; it had humoured him immensely, something which was still visible in how easily he approached the subject.
"I just got whichever, so we'll see if I have to bribe someone out of their seat to sit next to you," he grinned.
As Harry finished the sentence, Draco was once again within reach. There was nothing more Harry wanted than to reach out and kiss Draco, but time had quickly come an important factor. So, he settled on half of it, reaching out to brush his fingers against Draco's waist. "So you tell me where we're sitting."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next