All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:15 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Easily egged on by James showing even the least bit of interest in what he was saying, Sirius was eager to share even more. There was something so very comforting about the way that James smiled, making it seem like his attention was on you only; something that Sirius cherished very greatly.
It didn’t really matter if James was just trying to gauge what kind of flatmate Sirius would be, because Sirius liked talking to him and feeling like he was being heard.
“Oh yeah, he’s a monster,” he said with a boyish grin, absolutely adoring the monster of a machine it was certain to become. Sirius knew that it was going to be quite a statement to come rolling in a huge, sky blue motorcycle with a sidecar, but he also felt like he could pull it off.
“It’s essentially an open car with all the space he takes up.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:24 pm 

James grinned, finding it difficult not to when Sirius so readily engaged in the conversation. It was obvious a subject near to the other man's hart, James easily hearing the affection in the proper pronoun with which Sirius referred to the machine.
"Yeah, has to be," James agreed, having never seen a Bonneville with a side car, but trusting Sirius' judgement without any hesitation. "'cause, what - it seats 3 persons, then? Four?"
The thought of a side car capable of seating two, attached to a motorcycle James already new to be big, made him grin wider. His eyes had drifted, thoughtlessly smiling towards the bar as he took another drink of lager.
He was already grinning when the glass returned to the bar top, and his eyes onto Sirius. "I have to see it. I'll even help you build a roof for it, for the rainy days."
Seeming to think about it, James raised his brows with a smile, as if raising a good point. "Re-invent the car the roundabout way."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:13 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius chuckled at that, almost liking the idea of making his motorcycle into a makeshift car. If nothing else, it was fun to picture and think about, especially if it meant that James would even be remotely interested in helping with the bike.
“I mean, I’d have to be two sorta slim people, but I am sure that it could be done,” he said with a broad grin, having all but forgotten why they were even sitting at this bar in the first place. In fact, he essentially forgot that they didn’t actually know each other. James had the warmth and comfort of an old friend and Sirius couldn’t help but feel a little smitten with him.
“Think we could make it a cabriolet? The full motorcycle experience or the sunny days and the comfort of a car on rainy days.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:35 pm 

James' smile widened at that, endlessly humored by the practicality of Sirius' question. They had almost immediately gone down a tangent James could never have predicted nor expected when going into interviewing a potential flat mate; and yet, James found this conversation to be more telling than any he might have orchestrated more intentionally.
"Obviously," James grinned, brows once again furrowing to further the point. "Otherwise, what'd be the point?"
The question was spoken rhetorically, lingering in the air between them as James took another sip. This time, his eyes remained on Sirius, mind going a million miles an hour.
When he once again placed the glass on the table, his voice was less hypothetical, thought he smile continued to toy at the corner of his mouth. "And if the roof's elastic, you might get a paraglider out of it for the windy days."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:03 pm 

Sirius couldn’t stop himself from laughing at that, liking how James continued out on the tangent they had started. He found that he wanted to spend even more time together with James, finding him the be a great bloke all around.
“Damn, you’re a bloody genius,” he said with a crooked grin, before taking a sip from his beer. It was nice to just get to know someone new, especially when they got along in the way that he and James seemed to do. It was rare for Sirius to want to open up to anyone the way he was opening up to James, even if it was just talking about his motorcycle.
“I should have had you on from the beginning.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:56 pm 

James' smile widened at that. Up until this point, the grins they had exchanged had felt like sharing a joke; now, James felt flattered if not honored by the sentiment of Sirius' comment, no matter how they were intended.
"Well, you can have me for the rest of it," he smiled, speaking truthfully and with deaf ears to any possible innuendo. He once again shifted, turning further towards Sirius. "You were still interested in the room, yeah?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:37 pm 

The comment made Sirius’ heart flip in his chest. It was only when James reminded him of the room that Sirius realised that it was just because they were going to be flatmates now and nothing else. It only served to strike Sirius just how much this had felt like a date, at least for a moment, and he had to pull himself back to the reality of the situation.
“Oh, yeah, definitely,” he said with a wide smile, feeling excited by the prospect of not having to move, especially if it meant getting to live with James. “If you’ll have me.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:36 pm 

James' smile widened as Sirius accepted the offer, genuinely excited at the prospect of living with Sirius.
"Would love to," James replied, his voice breathy in its laughed earnestly. "I think it'd be brilliant."
It wasn't that James didn't have close friends he could possibly live with, but it also seemed like an unnecessary strain to put on relationships that were wonderful as is. There was just something tempting about a clean slate, looking outside his immediate social circle by offering the rooms to strangers.
"I'll have to talk to the realtors about the details, but it should just be possible for you to stay put," he went on, not having involved his parents in the nitty gritty details of the rentals.
Instead, he took his glass for another drink, but thought of something else before the glass reached his lips. "I was planning on having it painted, is all - worst that can happen is that you have to shuffle ur furniture around a bit. But yeah, grand scheme, of course you can stay."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:58 am 

To say that Sirius was ecstatic was an understatement. He had really feared that he was going to have to move again and the fact that James had just offered him his room again so easily. They hardly knew each other, yet Sirius already felt like James was an old friend of his.
“Christ,” he said, a wide grin on his lips as he ran his hands through his hair. He was positively vibrating with excitement and almost wanted to start laughing.
“Thank you so much, mate,” he said, his heart almost feeling like it was going to beat out of his chest. “Don’t worry about a thing. I’ll even help ya move if ya need it.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:12 pm 

James smiled widely at Sirius' whole hearted enthusiasm. He understood that what he had done was out of the ordinary, but he didn't find it extraordinarily kind, either. He wanted to say that there was absolutely no need for Sirius to go out of his way to help him move, but James eventually swallowed that instinct. It was clear to see that Sirius felt inexplicably indebted to James, and James thought this would be a fitting way to call it even.
"Brillant," he replied, smile widening further as he spoke.
Finally seeming to finish his thought, he raised the glass still in his hand to eyelevel. He was grinning by that point, thrilled. "Cheers to that, bunky."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:15 pm 

One thing was the fact that Sirius got to stay in the flat that he had come to call home, a whole other thing was the fact that James even seemed excited to share the flat with him. It made Sirius all the more keen to be a good flatmate to him, wanting to be able to make up, in any way he could, for the enormous favour that James had done for him.
“Cheers to that,” he said with a wide grin, clinking their glasses together before taking a large drag for it. He felt a lot more relaxed now, even if they hadn’t signed anything, he felt so certain that he was going to get to keep his room, that he no longer felt that he had to impress James.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:27 am 

Two months after closing the sale, James was finally unlocking the door to his flat, a cardboard box of trinkets at his feet. Between the tenants moving out and the immediate freshening up of the space, James hadn't been over for a few weeks. He, however, knew the flat had not been empty at any point.
Upon opening the door, he was struck by the smell of fresh paint; it made him smile.
While still needing time to come to terms with his new position as a home owner, James was genuinely excited for the future; even though he hardly felt any real ownership over the space itself.
"Oi," he called into the hallway, smile bleeding into his voice, expecting Sirius to be there to respond.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:18 pm 

The past two months had gone by in a blur.
Even if Sirius hadn’t been the one who needed to do any moving, or even any work whatsoever, he still felt the excitement that usually accompanied a new move. Maybe it was just the fact that he was sorta excited to be living with James, having hung out with him several times since their meeting at the bar, and found him to be pleasurable company.
“Oi,” he called back, practically vibrating with excitement, as he exited his room. He was in the process of putting his long hair in a bun, figuring that he was going to be helping with carrying some boxes at the very least.
“Need a hand?”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:55 pm 

James' smile widened immensely at the sight of his new flat mate. Having the urge to greet the other with a hug, yet finding the distance too large, James instead made a vague gesture into thin air, brimming over with restless energy.
"Are you offering?" he grinned, carelessly stepping over his first box to properly enter the flat. James hadn't brought a big load to move in with this first day, realistically having to shop for most of his furniture. He did, however, intend on spending the night here, albeit on a mattress of the floor. "How are you, mate?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:31 pm 

“Of course,” Sirius stated with a bright smile, having intended to help James with the move no matter what. He wanted to start them off on the best foot possible, even if the two of them already seemed to have have bonded. Helping James move literally wasn’t going to be much trouble to Sirius, who was used to lobbing heavy things around.
“I’m good, very good,” he said with a toothy grin, feeling great with the fact that James was finally moving in. It had been very odd to stay living in the flat while his old flatmates moved out and James had some renovations done, but he figured that it was going to be absolutely worth it now.
“How are you? Excited for the big move?”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:24 am 

"Yeah," James replied with a grin, no hesitation to his voice. When he first started looking into buying a flat, he had had his doubts whether or not he'd even be interested in moving away from his dorm room. There was, however, something utterly thrilling about getting to move in, Sirius already there. It felt like an extension of everything James had previously enjoyed, but better and bigger and his.
"'Aven't brought much, though,” he wanted to reassure Sirius, "There isn't much that leaves a dorm room, really."
As the division of rent was suggested by his father's accountants, James would sit in not only the master but the adjacent nursery as a dedicated workspace, meaning he needed furniture to fill out about 5 times the size of his shared bedroom dorm.
James stopped, momentarily considering whether they should turn around and head for the car, or if he should browse the empty rooms first. Finally settling on the latter, James abandoned the first moving box at the doorway, crossing the hall towards Sirius.
With a friendly pat to his shoulder, James grinned with almost boyish secrecy.
"Brough a case of beer, though," he remarked, before edging past Sirius to peer around the freshly painted rooms.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:28 pm 

While Sirius had done absolutely everything in his life to separate himself from exactly the type of person that James appeared to be. He was clearly rich, going to college and taking the road that people had expected from him, yet Sirius found that James was different and somehow managed to keep defying his expectations.
It was wild and Sirius was mostly just trying to wrap his head around the entire thing.
“One thing I can always carry is a case of beer,” he said with a wide smile, softly trailing after James, somehow feeling like he was intruding on the moment, even if James had already known that he would be there. It was an odd situation to welcome James to his own flat, but it didn’t seem like it bothered his new flatmate too much.
“Really though, I just want to make this smooth for ya.”

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:17 pm 

"You already have been," James replied, not even thinking twice about it. His voice was both gentle and genuine, but completely far off from whatever was occupying his attention. Standing in the middle of his new room, James just stood in the sunny spot in the middle of the room taking it all in.
After a considerable pause, he finally finished the thought, eyes once again finding Sirius with a wide smile.
"Just the fact that you've been able to let in the painters has been plenty help," he reassured, knowing the value of that service. "I almost feel bad asking you to lug furniture about, too."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:21 am 

Sirius grinned and shook his head at that, really not feeling like he had done much so far, so lugging a few boxes around really wasn’t going to be an issue for him. He didn’t really know what it was about James that managed to fluster him every single time, but he felt so eager to please his new flatmate that it was more than a little embarrassing.
“Well, if you are impressed with me opening doors for men, then this is going to be all smooth sailing,” he said with a crooked grin, not thinking too hard about the implications of his statement.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:15 pm 

James' smile widened, seemingly humoured by that interpretation of his words. The phrasing itself stood enough out to him for him to take notice, but nothing about James made him seem caught up about it.
"I'm sure its gonna be," he encouraged, feeling very certain that they were a good match in that regard. They had spent time together on several occasions over the course of the last few months, and each time James felt more certain he had made a right judgement call when he on impulse offered Sirius to stay.
"I'm easily impressed," James punctuated with a sheepish grin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next