All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:24 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Harry startled at the sound of Lucius' voice, the man having approached them from Harry's blind spot. It manifested itself in a twitch, years spent in the military engraining an instinctive urge to stand for his superior - it was hardly a surprise that Harry then and there didn't perceive Lucius as his in-law but, in fact, his boss.
"Sir," he sputtered out, flustered at the possibility that he might have heard Harry say he'd like to take Draco home for the night, even if it was under the guise of Lucius' own narration.
Harry never came to his feet, his weight too unsteady with his legs outstretched. Instead, what he managed to do in the time another man could've stood, was to straighten his posture, using his good foot to draw the prosthetic into a 90 degree bend at the knee.
There, Draco objected to his father's suggestion, immediately silencing whatever apology he might have felt inclined to fumble. Hearing Draco stick to the charade, insisting to follow him home made Harry's lips part, yet knowing better than to believe himself part of this exchange.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:51 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco knew that he had his father backed into a corner, too many people still within hearing range for him to argue why Draco shouldn’t get to spend the night with his longtime boyfriend, but also furious because this obviously hadn’t been part of his plan.
It pleased to no end that he knew that he had to upper hand. It was his father’s own fault after all, having been the one to put them in this situation, so Draco didn’t even feel remotely sorry about the situation.
Instead, he just got up from his chair, moving closer to Harry and completely ignoring his parents in the process. It was probably rude, but while he was playing the role of a caring boyfriend, he felt that he would be able to be forgiven in the public eye.
“Come on, love,” Draco said as he stood in front of Harry, unable to stop himself from leaning down to press a quick kiss to his lips. He knew that he was pushing it far beyond what his father had probably wanted it to be, but he didn’t care.
“Let’s get you back into bed.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:16 am 

Harry was taken aback by the entire interaction, finding Draco's sudden stance to be so bold it might have been careless. Rationally, of course they would spend the night together; in their specific situation, maybe it had been better to drag it out and stay put until the last few guest had left, and they could leave the event out of character.
When it became clear that Draco had no intention to show his father that courtesy, Harry smiled, inevitably humoured by how distinctly Draco's words made him sound like a senior citizen in need of assistance. Neither truly accurate nor inaccurate, Harry saw no point in disputing it if it helped solidify Draco's point.
Everything adding up, Harry met the kiss unintentionally right. His lips remained parted in a smile, and the sheer sight of Draco towering above him had helplessly lifted his chin in the attempt of maintaining eye contact. It sent a feeling of vertigo through him, gratefully taking Draco's hands when offered to him.
"Sir - Mrs. Malfoy, thank you for having me," Harry spoke through the movement it was to stand up. His voice was easy, no trace of having noticed the tension between the two Malfoy men. He did, however, not mind adding to it, if it meant taking Draco's side.
Once on his feet, only Harry's right hand left Draco, instead offering it for Lucius to shake. His left, however, had shifted to linger affectionately just above Draco's elbow in a feigned thoughtless caress.
"I didn't realize there'd be so many familiar faces here tonight; it's been good catching up."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:20 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Even if it was very subtle, Draco definitely noticed that Harry was being a little cheeky with his father, and he could honestly say that he loved it. It made him feel safer in having Harry as his confidante, even if they weren’t dating for real. It made it easier for him to believe the ruse, making him actually want to be around Harry and not be as eager to get away from him.
“Lieutenant,” Lucius said with a curt smile as he shook Harry’s hand, clearly not pleased with the outcome of this situation, but also being unable to find himself a way out of it. It had been his own idea after all and there were still too many people around for him to voice his distaste.
“Pleasure to have you,” he added as he and Narcissa turned away.
As Draco watched his parents leave, it was almost impossible for him to not giggle, but he managed to keep his composure, as he held onto Harry.
Instead, he leant in a little closer to his fake boyfriend, in lieu of supporting him, and whispered a quick “thank you.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:30 am 

Harry's eyes had followed the Malfoy couple, a polite, easy departure to an interaction that had probably been more tense than he even managed to understand. His attention, however, was on Draco, the little shift of Draco’s arm giving away his intention of leaning in before he did. It was dizzying, making his heart rate spike.
Harry only barely tipped his head towards Draco, yet failing to anticipate their sudden proximity. The way Draco leaned towards him left his lips not only close but in Harry's direct line of sight. He barely heard what Draco was saying, even though he saw the words leave his mouth.
"You're welcome," Harry replied, only then looking up to meet Draco's eye.
It brought a shadow of a smile to Harry's lip; it was juvenile, knowing his eyes had lingered.
In the back of his mind he saw their imaginary script. The dip of his eyes had been allowed, just as much as it would be for Harry to stretch to punctuate the exchange with a kiss - maybe, it was even expected that he did, standing too close for anything else to be conceived as natural.
The thought made his eyes dip again, his head spinning at the prospect.
"I'm not done spending time with you," he said instead, eyes only seeming to meet Draco's when speaking. The comment was spoken intimate in place of a kiss, too off his balance for him to even dare to kiss Draco. It was a calculated exchange; the smile, however, was a tad too genuine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:32 pm 

Their embrace was much too intimate, that much Draco knew, they were already crossing boundaries and Draco was having a hard time differentiating between exactly how much was real and how much was for show. What he did know was that he desperately wanted Harry to kiss him in that moment, just wanting confirmation that Harry was okay with their ruse.
“Good,” he breathed, trying to regain even a slight semblance of composure, but he knew that he was done for. The wine was roaring through his system, making it difficult for him to keep his hands to himself and remind himself that it was just an act.
“You are stuck with me,” he added, managing to regain some composure in his voice as he straightened his back slightly. There was hardly any people left, so there really was no justification to them standing so close and being this intimate.
“Let’s go get a cab.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:08 pm 

It wasn't until Draco straightened his posture that Harry truly realized just how much he had wanted Draco to kiss him. Harry had intentionally refrained, too much of a coward to put on that show, feeling like they were much more under scrutiny in that small of a crowd. Draco, however, had seemed bolder, and Harry felt a fool for having hoped for any other outcome.
Draco had already kissed him, barely a moment ago, but it hadn't been the same; it hadn't at all compared to the way his heart did a flip even just looking at Draco right now.
When Draco urged them onwards, Harry realized they were only a few hundred yards away from reality. As soon as they got into the cab, the curtains would fall and they could stop pretending. Harry was immediately filled with regret, knowing it could go days before they would ever have an excuse to kiss again; and even then, it wasn't likely that it would feel as earnest as it would have just then.
"You don't get a town car if you get cross with your dad, huh?" Harry attempted, forcing an easier more light-hearted tone to his voice.
He readjusted his grip around Draco as he set on walking, genuinely counting on his support to keep his balance after this long a night.
Harry's eyes were not on Draco, offering a polite nod to the last few people they passed.
When there once again as a reasonable distance between them, Harry's attention finally returned to Draco, finally a grin at the corner of his lip, having gotten over the worst of his disappointment. "Maybe I should've taken them up on their offer rather than to wait for a cab out in the cold."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:46 pm 

Draco snorted at that, knowing that Harry was kidding, but also unable to stop himself from picturing Harry alone in a town car with his parents. He knew that it wouldn’t be enjoyable for his fake boyfriend, even if the town car could potentially be more comfortable than a regular cab.
“I thought you weren’t done spending time with me,” Draco teased, leaning against Harry in an attempt to bump their shoulders together but his coordination wasn’t as good anymore, both due to the alcohol in his system but also partly due to them walking.
“I like to think that I am more enjoyable company than my parents are,” he added with a warm smile. He was wondering if he was being too flirty, but he excused himself with the fact that technically people were still around and could potentially see and hear them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:16 pm 

Draco's tease sent needles down Harry's spine. Maybe it had been the simple act of stating that Draco was intoxicated, but Harry suddenly found that Draco's little thills and teases came too quick and too inhibited for them to be disingenuous. They were, of course; it didn't stop Harry from shuddering when Draco's shoulder leaned against his, though.
"You are," Harry foiled with a surprised chuckle, no point in maintaining otherwise. It was hard to interpret the impression Draco had gotten of him, whether or not he understood every single of his mannerism as an act. Harry wasn't playing pretend about this, fairly certain he would find Lucius Malfoy to be utterly rubbish company.
He turned to glance over at Draco, heat helplessly pooling at the pit of his stomach at the continuous confirmation that he still seemed to have Draco's full attention.
It made a dumbly crooked smile appear onto Harry's lips desperately trying to keep the bounds of the conversation within reason, as they once again approached the manned coat check. "But a town car's still nicer than a cab."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:39 pm 

Draco couldn’t help but chuckle at that, finding the insistence endearing in a way. Sure, he didn’t disagree with Harry that a town car was infinitely nicer than a cab would ever be, yet still he found that his company as compared to his parents’ far made the pros of the cab outweigh the cons.
“I know you’re just being stubborn now,” he said with a crooked grin as they got closer to the coat check. It was becoming abundantly clear just how long they had been staying once the coat check came into sight and Draco easily could spot their coats. It was eerie, just as much because Draco had hardly felt time pass by, having mostly just been enjoying the evening with Harry.
“I am sure that they haven’t left yet, would you rather accompany my parents?” He asked with a warm smile, as he slid the tickets for their jackets over the counter. Exhaustion was settling over him and he couldn’t wait til he could get to actually sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:50 pm 

Harry grinned, relieved to hear some of the intimacy leaving Draco's voice. It probably made the well meant tease sound more like bickering to the unsuspecting eye, but even that made it easier for Harry to engage in the act; it made it easier to distinguish that that was all that it was.
Adding little to nothing to the interaction with the staff, Harry shirted his stance, better turning to face Draco. It also served to change the angle at which Harry's arm wrapped around Draco's. In one easy movement, Harry's hand slipped from Draco's arm to his waist.
"You know I'm messing with you, right?" Harry asked, voice lowered but far from enough for the comment to be private; it only appeared so.
There was still a bright grin at his lips as his hand brushed a caress to the small of Draco's back. "I'm thrilled to be taking a sodding cab with you. We can even take the underground for all I care, if it means you're coming back with me."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:17 pm 

Utterly despite himself, Draco found himself giggling at Harry’s comment, finding that their charade was almost becoming too real when they could talk like this. Deep down, Draco knew that it didn’t mean anything more than Harry just being dedicated to their act, but he still had to repress a shutter at the idea of coming back with Harry.
Just as he was about to make a comment in return, he heard a very polite “your coats, sirs,” next to him, which prompted him to let go of Harry, even if his arm was still around Draco’s waist. It spoke of an intimacy of two people who had been dating for a long time and it served to make Draco’s mind go into his overdrive.
“Thank you,” he said politely as he accepted the coats and Harry’s hat, something that he was still glad that he had talked Harry out of wearing.
“Let’s get back,” he said, this time turning back to Harry with a soft smile on his lips.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:34 pm 

The sound of Draco's laughter sent a thill down Harry's spine, endlessly pleased to have managed to lighten the mood. The were no real life consequences in ill placed joke - this was barely real life to begin with - but it eased the prospect of having to spend more time together.
Reluctantly and against his immediate decision, Harry loosened his grip of Draco when the other shifted to receive their coats. Harry's hand slipped back onto Draco's waist, then briefly to his hip before breaking the caress completely.
With a polite smile towards the staff, Harry picked the hat out of Draco's grip, before offering Draco a more private, coy grin as if Draco should be able to manage the rest.
"You have a good night," Harry said, once again directed at the staff, though his eyes hadn't been on them when he started the sentence.
The parting words were accompanied by a kind smile, before he once again caught hold of Draco's arm, urging them though the reception.
Adjusting his grip, and already knowing better than to put on his hat, Harry instead tucked it beneath his elbow.
"Do you need a hand?" he did eventually ask, voice airy with a chuckle.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:39 pm 

Draco shrugged on his jacket, sending a polite nod to the staff before returning his attention to Harry with a happy smile.
“Do you?” He countered, happy to see that Harry hadn’t made the mistake of putting that terrible hat on again. Even if it looked messy and unkempt, Draco liked how it served to make Harry look more boyish, especially considering how serious he could have looked in the uniform. It made it easier for him to be a part of their charade and not having to pretend to be in a relationship with a proper soldier.
“We gotta get you a proper suit, I can’t have you try and drag that hat out for another outing,” he said with a crooked grin. Also, he felt certain that he would like Harry much better in a proper suit, rather than that stupid uniform.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:24 pm 

Without the need for a verbal exchange, Harry took his coat from Draco's hands, allowing for Draco to properly dress himself.
Harry himself stalled in putting on his outerwear, startled at the sudden comment directed at the uniform; he glanced down, as if he had no real sense of what he looked like. It wasn't that Harry had dressed himself for his glory days out of free will, having been prompted to do so by Lucius' administrative assistant. When Harry looked back up at Draco, the slight upturn of the corner of his mouth proved that he didn't at all mind the sternness of Draco's words.
"I still have my combat suits," Harry suggested, helpfully and with a coy grin at the corner of his mouth.
Thoughtlessly shifting his stance, Harry offered Draco the military cap in order to better put on his coat. Halfway through the motion, his eyes once again found Draco's, a boyish smile to his lip. "Comes with a different hat, though."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:08 pm 

At the mention of another damn hat, Draco couldn’t help but groan loudly, clearly far too theatrical for what they were talking about. It spoke of an intimacy in their relationship where they both knew that Draco wasn’t genuinely upset though and that was what they were trying to convey; at least that was what Draco could tell himself was the reason.
“I absolutely refuse to let your wear a hat every again,” he stated as he took the hat from Harry, having half a mind to just throw it away. The hat made Harry look too much like every single other soldier that Draco had ever interacted with and while he knew that that would never become the case, he could definitely do without the reminder.
“I’ll drag you out to get a suit made for you before I let you wear another uniform,” he stated, mostly saying it as a joke, but he feared that he was going to have to actually do it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:27 pm 

Harry's attention had been on Draco, easy and humoured, while the other spoke and Harry adjusted the collar of his coat. Harry, who had spent his entire professional career - including both boot camp and most recently, his position as police deputy - wearing one hat or another, he hardly saw what the fuzz was about.
That, however, didn't mean he didn't find Draco's distain utterly charming.
With a gesture that could turn out to be disarming of Draco's feigned annoyance, Harry's hands left his own collar. Instead, they affectionately reached for Draco's forearm, Harry's right hand catching Draco's.
"Is that a promise?" Harry teased as he leaned in closer to Draco, genuinely thrilled at the prospect of never having to wear a uniform again, let alone under the public eye. It felt too much like reliving the worst times of his life, and even though Draco had said it as a joke, Harry had no intention of letting the opportunity pass him by.
Harry eventually relaxed his posture, once again increasing the distance between them, better allowing them to walk the last few yards out of the reception, Harry's hand still around Draco's. "Cus I'm not looking to pick that fight with your father; I'm gunna be counting on your support for that one."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:47 pm 

Despite the touch being simple, hardly outrageous by any accounts, Draco still found that his breath caught in his throat. He kept thinking that he was on top of the situation, feeling that he knew what he was doing and where they were supposed to go next, yet Harry kept doing little things that took him aback, causing him to wonder how much was actually an act.
Those thoughts, however, were easy to dismiss as just the alcohol in his system. They both knew that this was fake and a show they were putting on, no matter how it felt when it was just the two of them. God, Draco reminded himself that he was going to have to drink less the next time they were at a gala or a rally, whichever it was next.
“Don’t worry, with fashion he knows that he doesn’t stand a chance,” he stated, taking the chance to intertwine their fingers in an attempt to regain some level of control. His mind was being extremely unhelpful in starting to imagine how Harry might look in a well tailored suit, knowing that he was probably going to actually see that sooner rather than later.
“Also, he doesn’t get to decide how my boyfriend dresses.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:02 pm 

The subtle way Draco intertwined their fingers mid-sentence was enough to prompt Harry to look up at Draco, a smile to his face. This time around, he didn't find any need to interject, but it was clear on his expression that the touch hadn't gone unnoticed.
Thi was nice, Harry thought. It was definitely far more than he could withstand for a prolonged period of time, but it still far less intense than it could have been. The interaction didn't necessarily speak of a two year relationship, but rather than a fifth date; it made it harder to see through, instead makin it appear like they'd jumped through the initial awkward fumbles of a first and second date.
"But you do?" Harry challenged, looking back at Draco as they exited the front doors of the hotel. There was still that easy, childish smile to his lip as they naturally came to a halt on the curb side.
Once again shifting his stance, Harry took a step to the side to better face Draco.
"I don't mind, I'm just checking."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:19 pm 

“Obviously I do,” Draco stated, feeling like he was back on steady ground with what was going on between them again. It was all just an act, and that was something that Draco kept trying to remind himself of, but the lines were getting blurrier with the alcohol in his system.
His free hand first reached out to fix Harry’s collar, not that there was technically anything wrong with how it fell, deep inside he knew that it was just an excuse to touch him. He allowed the hand to rest on Harry’s shoulder as he was done fiddling with his collar, once again struck by how much more handsome Harry would probably look in a proper suit that was made for him.
This was something he was looking to correct.
“I am the one who is going to get photographed with you and I think that I deserve to pick that,” he said with a crooked grin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next