All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:46 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Harry seemed to stall a heartbeat, not sure if he misheard or misunderstood Draco - for a moment, he couldn't mentally distinguish between whether or Draco had said Rome or home. He blinked, but in the end, he decided it didn't matter.
Looking up at Draco with a grin, Harry stepped into the elevator as it arrived, turning within it to maintain eye contact with Draco.
"Neither have I," he replied, voice easy as he pressed first the button of his - their - floor, and then the one to keep the doors open for Draco to join him. "That's why your getting it now rather than later."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:01 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The easy intimacy between them was too much and Draco knew that it was too much, yet he also wanted to be able to sell them as a couple. As they stepped into the elevator, it seemed like Draco could almost allow himself to let the act drop, if only for a moment, and allow himself to get himself back up.
The key felt heavy in his grip.
“Probably for the better,” he added with a soft smile, feeling his exhaustion settled over him like a heavy blanket.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:17 am 

Harry saw Draco relax when the elevator doors shut behind them, his shoulders resettling and relaxing ever so slightly. For the first time since they'd met, they were completely alone, and yet Harry was convinced he had yet to experience Draco truly at ease; the elevator ride was only relaxing by comparison to everything that proceded it.
Everything about the grand context of their interactions could justifiably leave a neck in knots; Harry surely felt it. His entire body ached with the physical and mental strain it had taken him to get through the night, and he couldn't help but regret that he wouldn't be able to shut a door and be completely alone.
Realizing Draco must mirror the sentiment, Harry wanted to speak to it, but he didn't know what tone would be appropriate - reassuring or apologetic. Instead, the intention remained just that, making him glance over at Draco twice without speaking.
Just as well, Harry tought, as they reached the floor and the doors opened. He would have felt sick to his stomach having to apologize to Draco for having to spend a night with him against his will.
Instead, Harry offered a more practical, "It's down to the right," as he stepped out of the lift, urging for Draco to go ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:12 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Even if things were a lot more relaxed between the two of them by now, Draco could still tell that there was a heavy tension in the air. After all, they were essentially strangers still, even if they had been hanging out all night and had been a lot closer to each other than Draco normally ever would be with a stranger. It was a weird mix of knowing each other intimately and not knowing each other at all, and now they were going to be spending the night together, something that Draco was finding that he regretted his decision, especially because it had mostly been to **** off his dad.
“Alright,” he stated, his voice soft as he went the way that Harry instructed. It was becoming increasingly real the closer they got to the door and Draco couldn’t help but wonder if Harry maybe resented him for having put them in this situation; however he also didn’t feel like he could ask Harry if he hated him for it, so it made no sense to even worry about it.
Instead, he remained silent as he waited for Harry to unlock the door, torn between wishing that he had drunk a lot more and a lot less.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:12 pm 

Harry was awkwardly aware of just how much they had let the act fall. They made a poor excuse for a couple, suddenly uncertain in each others company. Not that it mattered, the hotel hallway was deserted at this hour of the day. In fact, Harry figured, this was probably for the better. He wasn't sure he could take the violence of dropping the act all at once.
"I had a good time tonight," Harry finally said over the click of the door unlocking. He glanced over at Draco, a compassionate but honest smile to his lip. Harry hadn't particularly enjoyed himself in the grand context of things, but he had enjoyed Draco's company. Harry trusted Draco to understand that difference.
"This is us," he said with an exhale, opening the door for Draco to enter. "I think your father's assistant purposely put me up in nice room but with a utterly disappointing view."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:59 pm 

There was something in the way that Harry kept making subtle, almost polite, jabs at his father that made Draco feel like they understood one another. They had to spend plenty of time together, so it was important to Draco that they didn’t hate one another.
As he entered the room, he felt pretty on edge again, unsure what he had actually gotten himself into. If he had been even a fraction smarter, he would have just gotten a room of his won, potentially at a different hotel, and then found another way to keep up their charade.
“Wouldn’t put it past him,” he stated with a shake of his head, knowing that his father was terribly much just like that. This was all for him, yet it still seemed that he had very little interest in keeping it up properly. “And I did too. Had a good time that is.”

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:22 pm 

While Harry did pay attention to the kindness Draco showed him, he didn't have it in him to linger on it. More pressingly, Harry was struck by almost a boyish embarrassment. Barely humming to acknowledge Draco's response, Harry crossed the room. Essentially untouched, his everyday coat laid thrown across the foot end of the bed.
"Here, you can have the bed," Harry offered gently, the tone of his voice making it sound like a given. Coat in hand, Harry glanced over at Draco before tossing it aside onto his open suitcase.
Harry hadn't lied when he said he thought the room was nice; split into two, a wooden credenza separering the bed from a small settee. Mercifully, it proved. "I'll sleep just as comfortably on the couch, anyway."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:10 pm 

Draco couldn’t help but feel horrified at the fact that Harry so willingly offered him the bed, especially seeing as Draco had more or less invited himself to stay the night. He had no idea what had brought it on, but he desperately hoped that Harry didn’t believe him to be too snobbish to take the couch.
“Oh, I wouldn’t dream of it. It’s your room, I can easily take the couch,” he offered, even though he knew that it wouldn’t be comfortable to him. He was quite a lot taller than Harry, something that was impossible not to notice, especially considering how close they had been several times that evening, yet he still didn’t feel like he could throw Harry away from his bed.
“I’m the one who is intruding on you after all.”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:06 pm 

Even though the distain in Draco's voice was most likely genuine, Harry couldn't help but huff out a laugh.
"Don't be daft," he grinned, the smile for once utterly sincere. There was no ill-meaning behind his words, shifting his stance to take a few steps away from the bed and towards Draco.
Making a mindless arm gesture towards the bed, Harry went on to undo his coat.
"I do genuinely have issues with sleeping through the night," he reminded, not sure if Draco had paid it much attention when he first brought it up in the cab. His fingers had undone the coat, and had moved on to undoing the clasps of the detailing strap crossing his chest. "I'm not gonna have a worse sleep on the couch, I can promise you that."
Finally shrugging off the coat, the leather straps falling to his elbows a fraction of a second later. Harry's eyes had turned towards the sofa and then, he added with such urgency that it almost made him laugh again.
"Draco, you're entirely too tall to sleep there," Harry pointed out, visibly humoured. "I'll be fine 'cause I'm missing half a leg."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:22 am 

Even if Draco could see that it made a ton more sense for him to take the bed and for Harry to take the couch, but he still felt rude for intruding and throwing Harry out like this. It was difficult to argue with though and Draco was feeling a little dizzy with having Harry insist that he take the bed while he was undressing himself. It seemed too intimate for their relation and Draco had a hard time wrapping his head around it.
“I just don’t wanna disrespect one of our veterans,” he stated, his smile weak as he shrugged off his jacket as well. The second the jacket was off though, he realised that he was facing another problem. He couldn’t very well go to bed in his dress shirt and sleeping shirtless was completely out of the question for him. However that left him with only the option of sleeping in one of Harry’s shirts and the thought alone was almost enough to bring a blush to his cheeks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:44 am 

The conversation had already humoured Harry in its absurdity, but it was the utter horse **** of Draco's reasoning that finally made Harry sputter out a surprised laugh. He could whole heartedly say it had floored him; he didn't even think Draco really meant it as a joke.
"I will," Harry clarified without a sense of remorse about the statement, the airiness of the laugh still audible in his voice.
Shuffling the coat in his hand, Harry tossed it onto the armchair, having done a poor job of pretending he cared whether or not it creased.
Glancing back over at Draco, he added a more pointed, but none the less humoured: "I think sleeping on a couch is exactly the amount of respect a veteran deserves."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:55 am 

There was something about the matter of factly way that Harry stated his facts, clearly meaning them entirely as he said them and not putting on a show for Draco, that made him grin widely, almost to the point of chuckling. Even if Draco genuinely wanted to respect Harry, not necessarily due to him being a veteran though, he couldn’t deny that there was some truth to it all.
“Alright,” he relented, figuring that there would be no point in fighting him on the fact anymore. Instead, it made him realise that he was in an awkward situation regarding sleepwear. He rarely slept without anything covering his upper body, especially not around strangers, but it also seemed awkward to even consider sleeping his dress shirt.
“You wouldn’t happen to be able to lend me a t-shirt though?” He asked, feeling his cheeks heat up a little at the question.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:29 pm 

The sudden change of Draco's expression took Harry out of it for a moment; the change mirrored in Harry's, the smile giving way for a lack of immediate understanding.
"To sleep in?" he verbally processed the question, his mind clearly doing parallelt work of sorting through what clothes he had actually brought for the weekend. "Of course."
Drawing a blank, Harry stepped across the room to his bag, sorting through the stack of day shirts.
"I don't have any pajama bottoms for you to borrow, though," he admitted mindlessly, attention still on the bag.
"It's -" he started, then waving a vague direction of his prosthetic shin. Then, he huffed a laugh at the mental image. "Well, you're welcome to the one pair I brought, but they're gonna be very uneven on you."
With that, Harry glanced back up at Draco, grinning at the knowledge that every left leg of his pajamas had been cut off at the knee. In his hand was a sky blue cotton t shirt, the letters Spirit of Moray Book Festival printed across the chest of it; he offered it to Draco. "Here, you can have this."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:21 pm 

Draco gratefully accepted the shirt, gently running the blue fabric between his hands, finding some comfort in finally having something to do with his hands. There was something so incredibly freeing in the way that Harry kept making jokes on his own behalf, making everything feel a little less stifled and awkward, even if that hardly seemed possible.
“Shirt is fine, thanks,” he said with a warm smile, wanting to express his gratitude. After all, this sleepover was definitely something that he had just sprung on Harry and yet he was handling it as if it was nothing at all. It almost served to make Draco more guilty.
“Well, I guess we both better head to bed then,” he said in a soft voice, feeling the exhaustion hit him like a freight train. “Thanks for this, and thanks for letting me take the bed.”

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:58 am 

It had truly been a bizarre morning, only serving to indicate just how far removed the act was from their genuine interactions. Harry had been right in expecting issues sleeping, having spent the early hours of the day awake, taking a shower and dressing himself before he ever saw Draco stir.
The morning in the shared hotel room was clumsy but well-meaning, probably more so than any other two strangers would have been. It was the whiplash of stepping out into the public eye that had left Harry's head spinning.
Drawing towards one another, it felt like they had exited the elevator in an alternate reality. Fleeting touches had reestablished themselves both waiting at the hotel, and in the cab ride out of there. They had left before breakfast, Draco wanting to go to a friend's store for a change of clothes before properly starting the day.
Harry hadn't minded. Beyond attending the gala, Harry had not expectations for the weekend, not having made any plans with Lucius beyond that. It was, however, that more daunting acting a couple when there was no immediate purpose to their proximity.
"This one?" Harry asked as he closed the cab door behind him. He was referring to the storefront a few houses down.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:12 pm 

Even if the situation was far less than ideal, Draco knew that he would much prefer it if he managed to get a change of clothes. He knew that Pansy’s store was quite out of the way, but he also knew that that was his best bet in getting a change of clothes that wouldn’t meant that he would have to go home.
All in all, he was just glad that Harry had been in on the idea and had wanted to join him on the detour. It wasn’t part of the deal, that much Draco knew, but it helped sell their relationship slightly more and that was what Lucius would want. Also, Draco found that he didn’t mind Harry’s company and it would probably do good for them to get used to each other’s company.
“Yeah, that’s the one,” he said with a warm smile, nodding towards the storefront that belonged to Pansy. It was a weird detour to take before breakfast, but it also felt weird to Draco to be wearing the same outfit that he had the night before. “I know it’s closed but Pansy swears that the door is open.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:53 pm 

Harry nodded, not as much as an answer but out of acknowledgement. He had paused on the curb, a few steps from the car as he waited for Draco to join him; Harry had picked up on it, how he, in all three of their shared car rides, had offered Harry the closest seat. He didn't plan on mentioning it.
"And does she know?" Harry asked, no infliction in his voice, as they set moving. He trusted Draco understood. As much as Harry feared being caught in their lie, he almost found it more embarrassing overcommitting to the bit in front of someone, who knew it was all play pretend.
Harry cast Draco a smile, easy and attentive in a way that was neither entirely friend nor partner. He gripped the door handle of the store, indeed finding it unlocked as he tugged at it, though not opening it entirely, finding it to be a crucial piece of information.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:09 am 

“Yes,” Draco stated, knowing exactly what Harry was referring to, and actually appreciated him clearing it up before they socialised with new people. Draco couldn’t imagine ever not telling Pansy something, but, naturally, Harry would have no way of knowing that.
“She is my best friend,” he added, finding that that probably was an important piece of information to Harry as well. After all, they were supposed to have been dating for ages, so it would make sense that Harry knew who his best friend was.
“Let’s get off the street.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:55 am 

What had been a polite, poised smile finally cracked into a genuine grin. The ridicule of their situation seemed to settle around them, Draco's urgency only seeming to draw Harry's attention to the implications of Draco being seen in public with the same clothes he was wearing last night. On Draco's behest, Harry pulled the door open, offering Draco to enter ahead of him.
"From where?" he asked to clarify where Draco knew Pansy. While they had managed to go over another set of bulletpoints this morning, Harry had yet to get any sense of Draco's social circle.
Harry realized it was a stupid ambiguous question, utterly redundant and yet hyper necessary for their act. So, more pressingly, Harry added a grinned and more boyish, "Is she gunna be nice about it all?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:19 pm 

Entering Pansy’s shop, Draco already felt a lot more at ease. He knew that they would easily be able to weather the storm if someone saw him in the same outfit as he was seen in yesterday; however, Draco really didn’t want to deal with the gossip that was sure to arise, even if he and Harry were in a confirmed relationship.
“Childhood friends,” he explained, knowing that there was a lot more to his and Pansy’s friendship than that, but that seemed to be a story for another time.
“To you? Yes,” he said with a shake of his head. He knew how Pansy felt about him going along with this, but he also knew that she was going to want to help him. “Me, she is probably going to roast, but that’s friendship.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next