All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:25 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Harry smiled at that, relieved that Draco, too, had shown interest in shifting the focus of the conversation. There was no denying that Draco was in the right, if he had decided to push Lucius to accept his wrong, and Harry was glad that his change of subject hadn't cut Draco off. Sitting at lunch like this, Harry's plate still untouched, it was comforting knowing that Draco was uncomfortable, too.
"Oh, yeah," Harry exhaled, not having thought as far. The realisation that they were, in fact, always going to be around each other caught Harry off guard, sending a flush to his cheeks.
His smile, too, went a little boyish, still uncertain the extent of Lucius' plotting. "That's almost going to be nostalgic - haven't been bunk mates with a doctor since I was deployed."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:22 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The comment brought a smile to Draco’s lips, finding the comment fairly silly yet it helped to ease the tension around the table slightly; or maybe it just made it easier for Draco to ignore his father, it was difficult to say really.
“Glad to help you get back to the glory days then,” Draco stated with a soft shake of his head, not sure if it was actually Harry’s glory days they were talking about, but it seemed in tune with their conversation. It was a relief that Draco found that Harry was rather easy to talk with and he hoped that that would keep being the case throughout their faux relationship.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:06 pm 

Harry let out a sudden and surprised snort at that, his laugh having gotten caught in his throat in an attempt to drown it down. Rationally, Harry could maybe understand that Lucius' monologue had given Draco the idea that Harry had peaked during his deployments; the thought alone was so skewed it was laughable.
He wanted to fully dismantle that idea, much of his thoughts visible in the crooked smile on his lips; he, however, didn't get the chance to speak.
"The point of the matter," Lucius interjected, almost impatient by the two young men's small talk. He turned to once again face Harry.
Harry, surprised by the sudden engagement, realised Lucius had opted to play it off as if this whole sidetrack hadn't been started to spare him the embarrassment of having to correct himself. Uncertain what else to do, Harry pressed his lips together, having to swallow another smile.
"- is, that you have both been abroad. So, for all that the public is concerned, you met at a fundraiser."
Not knowing what other explanation he expected, Harry almost seemed surprised. His eyes darted to Draco, a twitch in his eyebrow as to say that they had only just talked about that. "How long ago, sir?"
Harry only looked at Lucius after having phrased the question, an more relaxed expression in his face.
"Two years this summer," Lucius answered, as if the question itself hadn't been preposterous. "Meaning I expect you to engage as a romantic couple of around 18 months."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:49 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Even Draco hadn’t expected that particular thing and he knew that it was going to cause issues. He knew that it was going to be a close cut of when he and Blaise broke up and when he and Harry were supposed to have started their relationship, but he was just going to have to roll with that.
He hadn’t been public with Blaise after all, so if anyone were to ask questions it would be Blaise and Draco just had a hard time seeing that happen.
“Isn’t that a bit excessive?” Draco asked, not sure why his father would want them to have dated for that long. Maybe it was to show them to be a steady couple, yet it still seemed like far too much in Draco’s opinion and he knew that it wasn’t going to be easy.
He looked over at Harry again, trying to gauge his reaction to the situation. There was no saying in whether or not Harry had been seeing people in that time, or if he even was willing to go that far for their stupid little charade.
Draco had no idea what his father had on Harry, but he doubted that it was anything big enough to justify what they were asking him to do.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:01 pm 

Lucius turned towards Draco, a frown between his brows. Harry thought he could see the question which part form in Lucius' mind, but he appreciated the fact that Lucius had enough foresight not to phrase it like that; after all, everything felt excessive.
"I am not interested in associating myself with a fling, Draco," Lucius instead said.
It was unsaid but for the first time over the true intentions of their lunch shone through. Lucius' voice was heavy with the unsaid homosexual lacking from his sentence, solidifying that this was meant as a cheap association to a marginalized group. Feeling the felling of dread pooling in the pit of his stomach, Harry shifted in his chair.
As if the movement had attracted his attention, Lucius' eyes shifted from his son to Harry. There was almost a challenge in Lucius' eyes, looking like he was half expecting Harry to object.
Uncomfortable, and responding to a question Lucius hadn't asked, Harry just answered with an almost instinctive, "Yes, sir."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:14 pm 

Draco had been about to argue with his father, despite knowing that he wouldn't win anything by doing so. However, the attention had shifted to Harry and thus Draco decided to let the potential argument go. Not for his or his father's sake, but for Harry's. He had already gotten dragged into this craziness and there was no reason to make it even worse for him. Draco could handle his father on his own and there was absolutely no reason to make this even worse.
"Right," he stated, the lack of conviction clear in his voice. However, it was also clear that he was no about to fight it any more than that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:31 pm 

Over the course of the last new hours, lunch had become so agonizingly tedious that Harry felt like he had just excited a military briefing. Lucius had made a smooth transition from the main course and into what was essentially a meticulous table read of the charade they were about to act out. Still attempting to memorize the gifts he had supposedly gifted Draco for their 1 month, 6 month and one year anniversary, Harry could barely recognize his surroundings when Lucius opened the Manor's front door to let Harry back out into reality.
Harry blinked into the sunlight, surprised to find that it was far earlier than expected.
"We will see you Saturday, Potter," Lucius said, his voice with the same almost monotone politeness. Harry could, however, see that the way he looked at Harry had changed; Lucius looked pleased. "I will send a driver for the both of you, everything should be settled - do, however, feel free to call my office if you have any further questions."
Harry suddenly realized he had asked all too few questions over the course of his visit. Regardless, he smiled. "I will, sir."
The two men shook hands, Lucius once again brimming over with familiarity, gripping Harry's left upper arm, playing the role of the supportive father-in-law. As quickly as possible, Harry took a step back, out of the handshake and out onto the threshold.
In doing so, the distance to Narcissa became awkwardly large. Not wanting to step into the foyer, Harry sent her an apologetically polite smile. "I will see you there, Mrs. Malfoy."
Instinctively turning to distance himself from the situation, Harry's eyes fell onto Draco. Though they had started off pleasantly, the more Lucius had spoken, the greater the distance between the appeared to have become. Besides, Harry had no real sense of whether or not their relationship had already started.
"You too, Draco," he said, a slight hesitation to his voice. He considered offering his hand for the other to shake as well, but that felt completely wrong. Tentatively, he added a careful, "Look forward to spending time with you."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:46 pm 

Even if Draco absolutely hated the idea of them appearing anywhere in public as a couple, he still felt that Harry was being such a remarkably good sport about it all that he would have to thank him for it. He didn't want Lucius to think that he was in any way endorsing this idea, even if he knew that he would be forced to keep playing along.
"If you don't mind, I will follow you to your car," Draco stated, stepping further out of the manor and thus away from his parents and closer to Harry. He looked over his shoulder at his parents, finding both of them in a state of confusion, but not too apparent to people who would not be used to reading them.
"We need to discuss outfits," he elaborated, figuring that that was as good a reason as any to get a bit away from his parents and it was a solid excuse that he knew that both of his parents would buy completely into. It wasn't like he cared too much about them being matching for the gala and he sincerely hoped that Harry didn't think that he would expect that from him, he just wanted some agreement as to how they were going to be handling this mess. He vaguely knew what his father was expecting from them, but it was going to be a whole other issue to figure out how they would be going about it in reality.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:07 pm 

Of things Harry could possibly have expected Draco to talk to him about, the idea of having to talk about formal wear was among the most unexpected and the most daunting. For a brief moment, Harry just looked surprised; even ore so having glanced at Lucius and Narcissa, who both looked like it was the most natural thing for them to discuss.
"Sure," Harry just answered, lightly and feeling unprepared. Taking a tentative step backwards, Harry's gaze flickered between the three Malfoys, before finally nodding. "I'll see you at the gala, Mrs. Malfoy - sir."
And with that, Harry finally turned to head down the entrance stairs and towards the car.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:12 pm 

As Harry started down the stairs Draco followed him down and away from his parents. He had no intention of discussing formal wear with his pretend boyfriend, figuring that Harry was a grown up who would be able to dress himself for a formal event. It wasn't all that hard after all, even if it was a type of event you hadn't been to before.
"I'm so sorry about that circus up there," Draco said as soon as they were out of earshot from his parents, not sure how quite else to start the conversation. "I know it's a lot to take in and I would understand if you want to back out."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:30 am 

"Oh," Harry said with a slight surprise. The sound escaped before he ever fully got a chance to process Draco's words, leaving him with a pleasantly surprised, little smile as he turned to meet Draco's eye. Harry had been expecting a, to him, more daunting conversation; to find that this was seemingly all, Harry almost felt relieved.
"No, don't worry about it," he said, honestly. As they reached the car, Harry shifted his stance, properly turning to face Draco. Whatever tension that had resided in his shoulders had dissolved, somewhat comforted that Draco, too, appeared on edge. The sight made Harry's smile widen. "I owe your father a favour, anyway; I don't mind."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:49 pm 

It probably shouldn’t be a surprise, but Draco found that he really liked it when Harry smiled. He was a decently attractive fella, but when he smiled it really transformed his features and made him way more attractive than he was when he didn’t. It was things like that he would have to hold on to if he wanted to make their act believable in any way, shape or form.
Draco snorted at Harry’s response, simply unable to not. He wasn’t exactly sure what the relationship between his father and Harry was, but he doubted that Harry could owe him anything that made it fair for his father to demand this.
“Trust me, whatever it is he tells you that you owe him for, it can’t possibly be big enough for you to play along with this ridiculous charade,” he said while shaking his head, honestly feeling sorry for the guy, who clearly had no idea what he was getting into. “I just want to say thank you. I do not want this to be going on, but I know that my father won’t thank you, so I feel like I have to.”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:36 pm 

Harry, who hadn't meant it as a joke, was caught off guard by Draco's chuckle. Before he even could process it, his smile had faltered. Harry knew Draco was wrong in assuming Harry didn't owe Lucius enough to justify his being there, yet Harry couldn't get himself to say that out loud.
"Don't worry about it," he repeated, the smile only reappearing once having spoken. Thoughtlessly, he shifted his stance.
"I appreciate it, though," Harry felt like he needed to add, his smile softening. After all, Draco had more on the line than Harry himself had - if this blew up in their face, Draco was the only one who had to face the consequences. Tentatively, Harry's smile went crooked. "It's going to be fun."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:35 pm 

Draco could only shake his head at that. He thought that their little arrangement was going to be many things, but fun really wasn't anywhere near the list. He had no interest whatsoever in doing this, even if Harry seemed like a nice guy and that his father could have found worse candidates for his fake boyfriend, yet he was still fully unhappy with the setup and he just wished that they would not have to do this.
Leaning in close, knowing that his parents were still watching them like hawkes, Draco got intimately close to Harry's ear. "You really have no idea what you are in store for," he whispered before placing a brief kiss to his jaw and leaning back. "Goodnight, Harry. Get home safe."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:08 pm 

Caught off guard, Harry didn't know what to do of himself as Draco crossed the distance between them. Completely startled by the gesture, it was almost pitiful how the invasion of his private space made Harry's heart rate quicken; he didn't dare turn to look at the other.
Aimlessly and glassy eyed, Harry stared straight ahead, his jaw dropping at Draco's words, if only far enough that his lips parted. The softly spoken threat whispered in his ear sent a shiver of anticipation down Harry's spine, sending his head spinning.
It was only when Draco concluded his words with a kiss that Harry returned to reality, his knees suddenly threatening to give in under him; upon regaining focus, Harry's face flushed bright red with the sudden realisation that his eyes, in his haze, had lingered upon Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, still positioned across the yard.
Desperately, Harry took half a step backwards, forcing himself to meet Draco's eyes, well aware that his cheeks and ears were flushed with both embarrassment and peaked interest. Harry, quite simply, wanted to turn around and never return.
"Thank you," he said, voice tense out of the sheer effort put into it not cracking. The corners of his mouth turned upward, but the smile only served to make him look breathless. "I'll see you soon."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:26 pm 

Even if Draco only barely knew Harry, he had already decided that he liked seeing him flustered. They were going to have to get used to each other's presence and Draco found it to be good fun to tease Harry a little and to see how he reacted to the different things he did. They were going to have to get to know each other if they wanted to sell this idea that they were together, so he had decided to just be a little too familiar and see how that went down.
"I'll be seeing you very soon, yes," he said with a soft smile, meeting Harry's eyes with no hesitation.
"Wear something pretty," he added, as he took a step back from Harry, allowing him to enter the car.
___
Despite the fact that it had been a regular part of Draco's life growing up, he was never really gonna get used to being alone in the car with just a driver. He found it awkward, usually wanting to have conversation with whoever he was driving with, but it was always awkward with the way they were positioned and the relationship the driver had to Draco and, most of all, his father.
It didn't help that he wasn't quite feeling at ease in his suit, having elected to tone down a little for once; simply because he had no desire to get into a fight about fashion with his father today. He was stressed enough about having to act all lovey with a man he barely knew, but it was what he had promised so it was what he had to do.
He was pulled out of his train of thought when the driver stopped outside a hotel.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:07 pm 

Harry had been anxiously waiting at the hotel lobby. Fr the first few minutes he had been walking, restless at the prospect of the formality he had grown unaccustomed to over the last few years; It had only taken him a moment to realize how the hard leather of his dress shoes sounded against the marble floor, leaving him awkwardly waiting, upright by the front desk, cap under his arm.
The formal uniform he had specifically been asked to wear had quickly grown foreign to him, feeling out of place in the stream lines whiteness of the upscale hotel, Lucius' assistant had lodged Harry at. He shifted his stance once again, uncomfortable in the stiff collar.
It took him several moments to realise the doorman across the lobby had waved at him, urging him on. It was only when the receptionist addressed him with a soft sir, that Harry even put two and two together.
Rushed, intending to make as little sound as possible, Harry left the lobby in favour for the chill evening air.
He didn't know why it still came as a surprise, but it took the doorman to point out the car that had come for Harry. Dark and with tinted windows, Harry hadn't recognized neither the model or the driver sitting at the wheel.
With a little smile and a little nod, Harry opened the car door, peeing in. Upon finding that Draco was there alone, a genuinely relieved smile lit up Harry's features.
"Hi," he let out, softly and pleasantly surprised, as he finally slipped into the car, closing the door behind him.
Resting the hat on his lap, Harry turned slightly towards Draco. For a moment, a visible consideration went through him, as Harry first realized he maybe should have kissed Draco, at least on the cheek, and then immediately regretted that thought. It left him on an almost boyish, "Good to see you."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:30 am 

The waiting was absolutely torture.
Draco kept watching the door to the hotel, feeling anxious about the situation. He knew that he and Harry would have to discuss how they were going to go about this and what they were both comfortable with. It was such a weird situation and Draco figured that it would be easier if they just kept their communication open and honest. That way, they would always feel comfortable with protesting if they were uncomfortable.
Once Harry finally appeared from the hotel, Draco was surprised to see him in a formal military uniform, even if he probably shouldn't be. After all, a large part of the appeal was having Draco in a relationship with a vet, so he really should have known. What also shouldn't have surprised him, but also did, was how well the suit fit Harry. Draco had found Harry fairly attractive upon first meeting him, but there was something about him in that suit that did very good things for his figure.
He was pulled out of his line of thought when Harry opened the door to the car and greeted him.
"Hi there," he said with a soft smile, feeling both more at ease, yet also more on edge, now that Harry was actually there. It felt weird to actually sit together with Harry and know what was about to go down, but he hoped that they would be alright. "Likewise, are you ready for this?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:42 pm 

Harry let out a shaky laugh at that, shifting in his seat to buckle his seat belt. Though Harry turned away from immediately answering Draco's question, Harry felt more like he had been caught in a lie than actually uncomfortable.
"Yeah, of course," he eventually said, and though a crooked smile remained on his lips, his answer was truthful enough. Harry had been in active combat, and he could genuinely say that he was neither scared for worried.
As he spoke, the driver had shifted the car into gear, turning back into traffic. Harry leaned forward in his seat, pulling the uniform jacket taut underneath the seat belt across his chest. Once again relaxing into the seat, Harry tipped his head towards Draco. His smile had softened, before being washed away by a furrow between his brows.
"It's a bit intimidating," he added, the same honesty to his words. Pausing to look at Draco for a second, a grin eventually tugged at the corner of Harry's mouth. "Not the relationship part - but I can't say I've been to any posh galas."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:53 pm 

Draco nodded softly at that, not at all able to relate to that, seeing as he had attended plenty galas in his life, yet he had never enjoyed any of them. He hated that his father wanted them to play the role of the perfect family together, and especially now that that apparently involved pretending to be the perfect gay man as well, but that was just something he was going to have to try and live with. He had already come too far to back down, so now it was going to be about selling it convincingly.
“Right, about our relationship,” he started, unsure how far they were from the event, but knowing that they would need to talk this through before getting there.
After all, they were supposed to have been dating for a year and a half, and even if it had been long distance, they would still know each other a lot better than the two of them currently did; which was something Draco was hoping that he would get to change.
“We need to give each other a crash course in ourselves, because if we have been boyfriends for over a year, I feel like we should know each other pretty well.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next