All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:35 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco's words made Harry's heart soar as if any of it mattered. Perhaps it was the combination of meeting Draco's friend, and the wave of encouraging messages from his friends and family but, for a moment, Harry had gotten carried away with it all.
It made his smile turn sheepish, huffing a little chuckle in loss for a better reaction. It didn't mean anything that Pansy liked Harry, and yet he desperately wanted her to like them as a couple. It was hard to dull how genuinely excited Draco's off handed statement had made him.
"Good," he replied with a smile, not knowing what else he could say that was appropriately neutral.
His eyes had dipped to her hands, Harry's fingers once again brushing up Draco's palm to hold it. The touch once again served to deafen any reason behind it, and Harry barely registered it when he lifted Draco's hand off the table.
Harry was well aware of the fact that he wanted to kiss Draco. It was pitiful, really, knowing he was better off downing his cup of coffee and burning his tongue. And yet, it felt like a vivid memory how Draco last night had urged him to see those impulses through. It made Harry's cheeks feel warm, feeling the room spin around them.
Harry's elbow remained on the tabletop, their hands at his eyelevel. His mind utterly devoid of reason, he turned his wrist far enough that he could press a kiss to the back of Draco's hand. For that brief moment, it seemed to once again force the world to a halt.
"I want her to," he carried on, needing to keep the movement active as not to linger by it. He dropped their hands back onto the table. His eyes returned to Draco with a glimmer of a grin to his lips.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:43 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The kiss on his hand, even if it was in no way scandalous, made Draco’s head spin and his heart flutter in his chest. There was something so inherently sweet about the way that Harry treated him that Draco seemed completely unable to shake, and something that kept drawing him in.
He shouldn’t feel as drawn to Harry as he did, this much Draco knew, but it was also easy to just allow himself to get carried away by the fantasy.
In the spirit of that, Draco found himself leaning in to kiss Harry on the lips, his free hand coming up to gently cup his cheek. They were in public and that seemed like enough of an excuse for Draco to get to kiss Harry, but he knew that he had more selfish reasonings behind his actions. Reasonings that he absolutely refused to look into

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:02 pm 

When Draco's hand cupped his cheek, Harry wondered if he had been so transparent; whether or not Draco had been able to read it on his face just how desperately he had wanted to kiss Draco. Rationally, Harry should feel bad about it, or perhaps have enough insight to realize that Draco maybe felt cornered into returning the caress. Harry didn't feel like he could maintain a single rational thought, though.
Harry readily welcomed the kiss, his chin tipping upwards to meet the kiss early. It was the anticipation finally overflowing, having wanted to kiss Draco ever since he first saw him dressed up for their stupid, fake date. Harry wanted to go on a million more stupid ,fake dates, if it meant really getting to kiss Draco.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:47 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Just how easy it came to Draco to kiss Harry should probably worry him a little bit. He knew that he found it far too easy, far too natural, for it to be a good thing for either of them, yet he could still not find it in himself to stop.
Not allowing himself to linger for too long though, unsure how he felt about the implications if he allowed himself to do such a thing, Draco pulled away again. His hand lingered on Harry’s cheek, sending him a warm smile before letting that drop as well, leaving only their hands intertwined on the table.
He felt like he should say something, anything really, but he could see that Pansy was on her way back to the table and that their moment was thus broken.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:25 am 

The fact that they kissed and nothing ever came of it made Harry dizzy. It hadn't been interwoven into a conversation, or an intentional sign of affection in front of people to whom they were trying to sell a charade; it just felt indulgent. When Draco broke the kiss, nothing had been accomplished beyond making Harry flush.
Flustered at the intimacy of their parting caress, Harry still found it terribly abrupt, making their still-intertwined hands feel electrically charged. It made the edges of the interaction feel fuzzy, Harry's heart flipping at the knowledge that he could repeat every single motion leading up to Draco kissing him.
Harry was struggling to contain a smile once Pansy returned to his field of vision, catching his attention enough for him to glance at her as she appeared tableside, further straightening his posture in that motion.
Pansy very much disliked the scene to which she returned. Her smile remained unaffectedly on her lips, and neither did her eyes dip to their hands on the table. She had witnessed the kiss at a distance, and while she understood it was justified now, Pansy was going to ask Draco to justify himself in private.
"Either way," she carried on as she seated herself. She could with good authority say that what she had interrupted hadn’t been a conversation. "The first samples for spring-summer should be ready within the week, meaning they'll be yours to steal within the month."
Harry barely remembered that to be where they had left it. Draco's hand in his still felt deafening, even more now with Pansy present. Not feeling able to retrieve his occupied right hand - or perhaps not wanting to - Harry took a sip of his lukewarm coffee with his left.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:42 pm 

The interjection of Pansy into their bubble almost felt violent to Draco, who had been stupid enough to allow himself to just indulge in Harry. It was a dangerous game he was playing and he knew that he had to take extreme care to not accidentally overstep.
Draco knew that Pansy could tell most of his inner turmoil, something that hopefully wasn’t apparent to his fake boyfriend. He knew that she was going to grill him on it at a later time, but he hoped that he would manage to find answers for her to that time.
“Can’t wait,” he stated, trying not to overthink just how much he enjoyed the feeling of their intertwined fingers. It felt grounding to him and made it easier for him to keep up the act of their relationship, even if it was only really Pansy who was paying attention to them.
“Anything I should be excited for?”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:51 pm 

In its simplicity, today had felt like a more convincing fake relationship. It was rather mortifying, Harry had to admit.
They hadn't done anything of value, but the simple act of doing nothing together had sent Harry's mind and heart into haywire. He had been without that subtle kind of intimacy for years, and suddenly, being forced into it head first, he struggled to keep it all at a distance. Even the fact that Draco was here with him to see him off at the train station made Harry's heart leap out of his chest, too attached to a man he had only known for 48 hours.
Knowing it was his own damn fault for over-comitting, he still struggled to understand just how quickly Draco had gotten so under his skin Harry felt reluctant to say his goodbyes.
"It's been good seeing you again," he said, stepping aside so that he could better look up at Draco. He knew them to be in public, though he doubted anybody to be in earshot of them, and he struggled to convey the right kind of intimacy. It made him sound flustered when he continued. "Properly, this time."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:03 pm 

If Draco had used as much as a moment to think about their entire situation, he would have known that following Harry down to the train station to see him off was a very bad move.
One thing was pretending to be a longterm couple when they were just hanging out together and going on dates; it was going to be a whole different deal to having to pretend being a longterm couple who weren’t going to be seeing each for a while.
“Yeah,” Draco said, smiling softly at the entire thing. He had enjoyed spending time with Harry, both when they were in public and had to act, but also when it had been more casual and they had simply been the two of them. It only served to further confuse Draco about the entire deal and a large part of him was relieved that they were going to be separated for a while.
“It really has,” he added, wanting to help in conveying the right kind of intimacy, even if he highly doubted that anybody were even listening to their conversation.
‘Don’t be a stranger, yeah? I’ll miss you.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:50 pm 

Harry's expression changed at that, swallowing how a genuine chuckle at Draco's choice of words; it made his smile go crooked as he bit the inside of his cheek.
It was hard to tell if Draco had meant it to he comedic, funny only to the two of them, or if they had both lost grip of their reality. Either way, Harry could laugh knowing he didn't know how to be anything but a stranger to Draco, much less at a distance.
It made his voice that much easier when he spoke, the laugh on his lips taking the edge off the departure.
"I wont," he promised, reaching out to pat a juvenile goodbye to Draco's midriff. However, when Harry failed to see the motion through and his fingers lingered, they thoughtlessly slipped to Draco's waist, eyes following the movement.
"I'll be back soon," he went on, voice less attentive. It took a consious decision for him to look back up at Draco, his brows furrowing with a joke. "Have a date with your father in a few weeks, maybe I'll see you then."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:03 am 

Their embrace, if you could even call it as much, felt too intimate to the kind of relationship they were actually having. His hand found Harry’s shoulder, feeling like he had to initiate touch as well, desperately wanting them to appear real.
“I’ll try and catch you before my father does, don’t think that it would be very fair for you to have to see him first thing returning to London,” he said with a crooked grin, knowing that it was probably one of the most honest things he had said so far.
He really had no idea how long his father expected this ruse to go on for, but if he knew his father right, he knew that it was going to be far too long. He could use as well get comfortable with Harry, because they were probably going to be spending a lot of time together. “Also, I would never let you be alone with my father if it can be avoided. I care about you too much for that.”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:12 am 

Harry couldn't help but smile at that. Even through the charade, Harry felt genuine appreciation for just how attentive Draco was to him. Lucius Malfoy was a greatly discomforting man; even thought Harry over the course of several had barely spent what accumulated to an entire day with Draco's father, Harry felt like he had had enough for a lifetime.
Leaning into the embrace, Harry steadied his weight against Draco's hipbone, decreasing the distance between them with another inch. The touch was laden with intentional intimacy, though it was how unintentionally and mindlessly he tipped his chin up towards Draco that seemed to amplify it.
"I love you."
Harry said with ease, no reservations behind it, making his smile audible in his voice. There was a boyishness to the statement, happily replying to something Draco hadn't said verbatim. Just as easily, Harry stretched the last few inches to press the words onto Draco's lips with a grinned kiss.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:10 pm 

The sweet words, the admission of love, followed by a kiss that Harry was clearly grinning into was almost too much for Draco to handle. He knew that it was fake, he knew that Harry was simply acting like he cared.
That knowledge did nothing to lessen the butterflies that had taken home in Draco’s stomach, but it also didn’t stop Draco from returning the kiss. He told himself that it was just for their act and no other reason than that, but he knew that that wasn’t the entire truth.
He couldn’t remember ever having been told “I love you” by any romantic partner, much less from Blaise, who had been the one Draco had been the most desperate to hear it from. Even if he knew it was fake, there was still something special about it to Draco, and more than anything, he just wanted to soak it all up, maybe just believe for a moment that it was real.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:26 am 

Harry hadn't intended either of them to linger at the kiss, meaning nothing more of it than a punctuation to a statement. It was, however, considerably harder to maintain that intention when Draco kissed him back. It made Harry's heart flip, finding it alarmingly easy to stretch into the kiss, just for an indulgent moment, before relaxing his stance far enough for their lips to part.
Once steadily on his feet, Harry's hand on Draco's hip became less heavy, no longer needing it to support himself; Harry didn't remove it, though, once again finding Draco's waist.
"I better get going," Harry continued, trying to regain proper control of his voice as the world seemed to spin around him. In reality, Harry had no idea of time nor place, having no idea when his train was actually departing. He brushed a thoughtless caress up Draco's side, reluctant to leave in spite of his words. "I'll see you in a few weeks."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:09 pm 

Once Harry broke the kiss, Draco felt almost like he had lost his center of gravity. He was thankful for their small points of connection, even if he knew that it was a matter of mere moments before he lost those as well. He really had no idea when he had allowed himself to become this dependant on Harry, but what he did know was that he desperately didn’t want Harry to board that train.
“Yeah,” he muttered, hand falling away from Harry again and preparing himself to be without him. He had no idea how this was going to affect their act once Harry got back from Scotland, but that was a something he had to stress about later. For now, he was sending his loving boyfriend away.
“Wouldn’t want to miss your train,” he said, a soft smile playing on the edge of his lips. The distance was probably going to do them better any way, work to sort them out properly for a bit.
“You take care,” he finished, figuring that he was done lingering, and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. “I’ll see you in a few weeks.”

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:17 pm 

Pansy returned to the dining room table with a fresh pot of coffee. Even in the comfort of her own home she was wearing heels, and for a moment it was only the sound of her shoes against the tiled floor that was heard in the lull of their conversation.
Attentively pouring Draco another cup of coffee, her words came out of left field.
"When are you going to tell me what the hell you and Potter are up to?"
Pansy's voice remained silky sweet when she straightened her posture fully, getting Draco properly in her sight. There was, however, little joy behind her smile. "You've been here for hours and haven't said a word, so I'm assuming you're well aware that you're a mess around him."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:58 pm 

Draco had desperately been hoping that he would be able to avoid a conversation that went in that direction, but he should definitely have known better from Pansy. He didn’t want to talk about how Harry made him feel because, at the end of the day, it didn’t matter.
Harry was only in it because he owed Draco’s father a favour, and he also was straight. He saw no reason to even think about, much less talk about it with anyone, but he also knew that Pansy wasn’t going to let it go.
“We’re not up to anything,” he said, looking down at his coffee to avoid looking at Pansy. While it was true that he and Harry were not up to anything, other than what his father had put them up to, Draco also knew just how desperately he wished that they were.
“Nothing that isn’t approved by my father that is.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:30 pm 

Pansy remained standing for a moment, before running her hand across Draco's shoulders. The caress was gentle but exasperated, and when her palm swiped across Draco's spine, she had to suppress the urge to pinch the nape of his neck as a reprimand.
"I think you're fooling yourself, phrasing it like that," she replied, retrieving her hand, shifting to place the kettle back onto the table. The simple fact that she wasn't looking at Draco anymore had softened her voice a fraction, though she still seemed far from impressed by the situation.
With a soft exhale, she sat herself at the table, immediately making herself comfortable by resting her legs onto the empty chair by her side. She crossed both her ankles and arms before her eyes once again found Draco.
It visibly took her some effort to rain in the criticism, some of the strain audible in how stiff her question came out. "How're you holding up?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:58 pm 

It really was naive of Draco to think that Pansy wouldn’t see right through him with something like this.
It was pitiful, really, just how easy it had been for him to fall into a routine with Harry, and even more so how much he enjoyed it. There was something comforting in their act, something that Draco subconsciously had been searching for, and Harry just seemed to be the perfect candidate to provide that.
“I’m fine,” Draco insisted, not sure that it was the truth, but he desperately needed it to be. Now that his father had gotten Harry dragged into this stupid act, Draco was hyper aware of not doing anything that could potentially compromise him.
One thing would be if Draco’s and his father’s reputation went down the drain, but Draco knew that he would never be able to forgive himself if he managed to ruin anything for Harry.
“I try not to think too much of any of this and it seems to help.”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:38 pm 

Not wanting to repeat herself, Pansy swallowed what, to her, was the rational counter point to that argument - that maybe that was the issue. She knew the situation Lucius had forced Draco into, but she could only imagine the strain Draco put on himself to maintain the charade. Pansy wasn't sure she felt comforted by the fact that what she had witnessed had been Draco on auto pilot.
"Perhaps you should," Pansy suggested with just the right degree of deniability. She shifted in her seat, uncrossing her arms to reach for her glass of water; though she eyed Draco over its rim, it softened the glare. "Now that he's not here for a bit."
A pause naturally occurred as she took a sip, her mind seeming to do the thinking for her. She wanted to cuss Draco out, far more than his replies gave any opportunity to, making her feel like Draco already knew what she wanted to say. So, instead, she allowed the argument to fully deflate. For once, there was no infliction to her voice when she went on, though it was the greatest compliment she could muster.
"He wasn't what I had expected, being of your father's choosing."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:10 pm 

The reasonable thing to do would be to talk about the situation with Pansy, get his mind sorted about Harry ad be able to move on. However, he really didn’t want to dive too deeply into it, knowing just how confused he and frustrated he was going to end up being if he did.
“Yeah, I suspect that my mother has had something to do with it, but I cannot be sure,” he said, before taking a sip from his coffee, winning himself a beat to think. He could definitely tell that Pansy was going easy on him, probably realising just how confused he was by everything, but he wasn’t sure if that was actually going to help anything.
“He’s a great guy though,” he added, even if he had no doubt in his mind that Pansy already knew that he felt that. Draco genuinely liked Harry, probably a lot more than he should as well, and while it made it easier to pretend to be his boyfriend, it also made it difficult for Draco to recognise his real feelings.
“I don’t want to do anything that is going to compromise him, because he doesn’t deserve that.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next