All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:15 pm 

Location: I'm in the wind,trees, and rain. Everywhere, yet no where all at once.
Blog: View Blog (0)

Merlin laughed, a surprisingly good natured one, and shook his head. "Don't let it go to your head. I still think you got more muscle then brain in your head, you know."He poked him, a smile on his face. Teasing Ragnar was fun. It reminded Merlin of times long past, and the pleasant feel of the air gave him pause, and his smile faltered. He looked away, reminding himself that getting close to people was how one got a broken heart. Merlin, looked away, hiding his face as he shook his head and pushed away from the table, turning to leave. "You should get some sleep, Ragnar. We have a lot to do tomorrow, and who knows how much rest we'll be able to get these next few weeks."
He didn't give the man time to respond, slipping out of the tent as fast as he could, needing to get away from the lighthearted atmosphere. When he was sure he was alone, he slumped down and sighed, pulling his legs to his chest. Away from the campsite, he could think, and the memories that rose to the surface only made his heart ache.

Please excuse my slow replies. I currently work 6 or 7 days a week, and now with Hurricane Irma effecting my county I wont know when I might have access to power next. Hopefully things will get fixed soon. Thank you for understanding!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:57 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

"Having more muscles than brains certainly has its perks." Ragnar chuckled. "It keeps things simple and hey, who knows? Maybe you could learn a thing or two, something that is not another one of your explosive tricks or frog spells" He commented buoyantly with his dim-witted grin. He nodded at him, standing up as the mage began to say his goodbyes. He collected the few tools he had scattered around the chair he was sitting on. "Aye, tak-" He stopped, turning around to see Merlin had already left. The brute sighed, putting all the tools back into place so it would be easier for Farkas and his helpers to find and take inventory. He placed the sword he had been polishing onto the rack before he exited the smithy. He glanced around a bit, enjoying the lack of heat in the air and then he went off to find a place to rest.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:52 am 

Location: I'm in the wind,trees, and rain. Everywhere, yet no where all at once.

The night came, and passed, and with the morning came the bustling energy of the campsite, coming to life once more. People moved about, gathering supplies, and tending to each other. Food was passed around, and the smell of food roused Vesper from her sleep. She popped her head out from under her blanket, and yawned. A few guards were making the rounds near by, handing out rations,and when they made their way to the two girls, Vesper waved them away, not wanting to take from those who needed it. When they left, she sat up, and reached over to wake Brynn, careful not to spook her. "Hey, we need to get up. We have to meet the others," It was said in a soft tone, gently bring the other woman to wakefulness, and Vesper smiled when she sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "I'll get us some rations, and we can head out after we eat, ok?"

Pulling out two portions of dried meat and bread for them to eat while they walked. It wasn't a long trip to the smith's tent. Finny was already inside,seated at the table when they walked in,eyes scanning a map. Vesper smiled brightly at him, happy to see him after he seemed to disappear the night before. "Where did you run off to?" At the question Finny looked up from the paper, and sighed "I went to speak with the grand cleric again. I was hoping she'd give a bit in her position, but it was a fruitless endeavor. One I wish I hadn't wasted my time on." He huffed, a bit, clearly upset about it, but he waved Vesper's concerned looks away. "It is fine. We just need to gain more support. How did you two fair with that book?" At that Vesper perked up. Merlin had promised he'd tell the others, but maybe he couldn't find Finny.

Regardless, he did need to know. "Well we found out a bit, actually. Turns out the dragon is some archaic beast. Wanted to be a god, got defeated and locked away, and has now been resurrected by some cult following. We think we can seek guidance from the Gods who helped cast her away. Merlin can tell you more about it later, but we did find a lead on Kerrek!" Finny frowned at that. "A lead? What lead?"

"Well, you know the Cromwells..." Finny did, indeed know them. They were everything people hated about nobles, and what he probably would have been had he not been given the hand he was dealt. "Yes. Are they guilty?" Vesper shook her head, remembering the damage done to Fiona. "They're not, but their father was in correspondence with Kerrek. Apparently Fiona had started to uncover somethings, but she's badly injured. We'll have to wait till she recovers to know anything for sure, but I say he's our best bet." He nodded along as she spoke."Good job, you two...I know I'm not you're captain, or anything, but I'm impressed you got the information so quickly. Especially from the Cromwell's. They're a bit standoffish."

"They aren't so bad, anyway, have you seen Merlin or Ragnar. We were suppose to be leaving soon, right?" Finny shrugged at her question. "Haven't seen them, but I'm sure they're on their way."

Please excuse my slow replies. I currently work 6 or 7 days a week, and now with Hurricane Irma effecting my county I wont know when I might have access to power next. Hopefully things will get fixed soon. Thank you for understanding!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:26 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

"I'm up.." Brynn murmured as she rolled onto her back and opened her hazel eyes, staring up at the ceiling for a moment. She sat up, lazily rubbing her face to force herself to be fully alert. She stifled a yawn, nodding as a silent thanks to Vesper. "Yeah, sounds good." She said softly, packing up her belongings and checking her supplies before they left to meet up with the others. During their short trip to the smithy, she could help looking around the camp, people tending to one another or rushing to begin to do chores to help maintain order. When the two entered the tent and began to explain the information to Finny, Brynn was her normal quiet and listening; however, she occasionally would jump in, including a few minor details that Vesper may have missed.

Ragnar appeared a few moments after Finny asked where they were, yawning as he entered the smithy. "Sorry, I'm not too late, am I?" He apologized, rubbing the back of his neck. "I must have overslept a bit." He added with a short laugh. He was still tired from working in the forge the prior night but compared to yesterday, he's feeling immensely better.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:19 pm 

Vesper looked to him as he stumbled his way in, sleep still clinging to him, seeming to want to drag him back to his sleeping bag and keep him trapped. She smiled at him, sympathetic. She knew the feeling. "Not late at all actually. We're just waiting for our grumpy mage." She gestured to Brynn and Finny, showing him that Merlin was still not present. Finny sighed, and placed his hands on his hips.

"You think he'd be the first one here."He said, annoyed. Vesper chuckled and shrugged when he gave her a sour look. "He's probably doing it just to annoy you,"she teased, laughing outright, only for the laugh to stop when Merlin trudged in,looking like death. "Merlin! You look awful!" She said, going into mother hen mode. The mage scoffed at her, taking offense. "Nice to see you too, this morning Ves." She rushed over and squished his cheeks between her hands, pulling his face closer to examine it. "Did you sleep? You look like you've up all night!" She was shaking him slightly now, in her haste to look him over. Merlin flailed, and shoved her off. "Stop it....I'm fine. I just was up late trying to find out where Kerrek, and that sleazy lord Cromwell were." That piqued Vespers interest.

"Oh...did you find anything?"

"Not on Kerrek. He's hidden himself well. But I did find the Lord. He's in Dunncrest. Which if I'm not mistaken is only a few hours from your temple, Vesper." Vesper nodded. "It's only three hours away! But why would he be there? Dunncrest is a small town, and doesn't have much in way of places to hide."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:35 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

The brute only shrugged his slouching broad shoulders, still worn from working in the forge for such a prolonged period.He neglected to put any efforts in thinking of a snarky or humourous remark to give to Finny, he immediately went with Vesper's joke with a warm smile. Ragnar glanced over as Merlin finally arrived, briefly thinking about the night prior and the abrupt departure. He crossed his arms, dismissing the thought as he returned his focus to the group with everyone now present.

"Maybe it is Cromwell's ego." Brynn suggested, looking over at Merlin. "Maybe he thinks that he doesn't have to worry about being discovered. He thinks that Kerrek took care of all the ones that could figure out about their involvement. The Owl has been destroyed, all of his elite and more well-equipped couriers were sent on a suicide mission so to Cromwell's eyes he's pretty damn safe." The female shrugged halfheartedly. "Hiding would make him a bit suspicious and perhaps he wants to play the victim like Briarwood."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:17 pm 

Merlin nodded along as Brynn spoke, too tired to contribute more then a few 'uh-huh's" or "Mmhmm's" He agreed with Brynn to an extent. He didn't think it was simply the Lord's ego that drove him to Dunncrest. "Maybe it's because he can buy his way out of the continent there. Dunncrest has a small fishing port doesn't it? He could use his money to get away." It was true that Dunncrest was a small fishing hamlet. It made most of it's profit through fishing. It was a likely possibility, though he couldn't think of a large ship in such a tiny port. It would have to be small. He let his thoughts take him briefly before a firm hand on his shoulder shook him back to reality.

"Either way, we should deal with him. We owe it to Fiona." It was Vesper who spoke, her eyes burning with a fire. She had felt so horrible for Fiona. The betrayal the twins had faced was unforgivable, and Vesper planed on letting the monster who let it happen know just how horrid he was. At seeing that look Merlin smirked, suddenly more awake then he had been. This was going to be fun. Not many people could bring out Vesper's mean streak. "Alright, then, we'll go to Dunncrest first, deal with that weasel, then go to your temple." Merlin pulled out the spell components he would need, a stone bowl, a mirror, and a bottle of strange coloured liquid, and set to work. He took Brynn and Vespers hands, as he cast the spell. Vesper in turn grabbed Ragnar's, and motioned for him to take Finny's "We have to stick together, ok?" She gave him a soft smile, and once everyone was linked the mirror cracked, and then shattered, the shards raining down around them.

At first the fear of getting cut by the glass hung around them, before it faded, leaving a gentle warmth. Around them, the world faded into a bright gold. The light should have burned to look at, but it didn't. The magic around them swirled, and just as soon as the light enveloped them they were released, and were left standing on a forest path, no more then twenty minutes from Dunncrest. The morning light was just starting to crest above the hills, and the grey sky was turning blue. It was peaceful here, and that gave Vesper hope that her temple was all right. At their feet. the mirror laid, unbroken. Merlin let go of the girls, and scooped the components up, putting them away in his satchel. "Let's go, yeah? We should get to the b*stard before he finds his escape."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:45 am 

The White Wolf Prevails

Brynn's response was her immediate thought on the Lord's decision on heading to Dunncrest. She was too exhausted to add anymore thought on the matter. At this point, she didn't give a damn about the motives of Cromwell, the Lord is in Dunncrest and that's all the matters, to get to the Lord before he skips town. She much rather give herself some time to wake up and reach full alertness until she started thinking about the spiraling mess of recent events. She neglected any further verbal comments, only nodding in agreement with the statements made by both Vesper and Merlin before they began to prepare for the spell.

When told, Ragnar grabbed a hold of both Vesper's and Finny's hands as Merlin proceeded with the spell. During the process of casting the spell, the brute's deep blue eyes scanned around, occasionally glancing over at the mage though his gaze was primarily focused on the glass shards. Ragnar didn't exactly hate magic, he just had a great dislike for it. He was always uneasy around it, granted this was probably fueled by the fact that he could never wrap his head around it, magic never made sense to the brute. He would respect it but he would never like or trust it.

He sighed out of relief once golden glow that mimicked the warmth of sunlight began to fade and the luscious forest appeared. Releasing the hands he held onto, he glanced around at the sea of brown and green of the trees that rested parallel to the dirt path that led into Dunncrest. He inhaled sharply, the piney scent with a hint of the morning dew filled the brute's lung causing him to smile and release the tension that arose from the spell casting. As the group made their way down the path, heading towards the fishing ports of Dunncrest. "What are we going to do with Cromwell when we find him anyways?" He asked the group thought primarily focusing on Finny. "We all know he isn't going to talk willingly.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:30 pm 

"To be honest I'm not sure. If the man is as cowardly as he appears, a simple threat should sway him to talk, but..." He trailed off a bit, his face twisting into a look of discomfort. Finny didn't agree with the use of torture. He had seen enough of it, and had vowed to be better than that, but he also knew that now was not the time for morality. They needed the answers to their questions direly. "...If he does not respond we may have to use force. I don't want to but, we have no time for wants." As the words left his mouth, they left a bitter taste behind, making it hard to swallow. Shaking his head slightly he let out a sigh. "What do suggest?" The question was directed towards the whole party. Merlin's simple response of 'Maim him.' was expected. The mage was not known for his charity towards the misbegotten, and horrid types they often went up against.

"Is that what you suggest we do upon seeing him? Right in the middle of the street?" It was questioned jokingly, but the mage shrugged. "If need be. As you said, we've no time for wants, right? Well I think we could spare some time just this once." Finny gave him a look. The two men had very different wants. "You're temper is going to get you seriously hurt one of these days, you know that," Merlin snorted, and made a 'I'd like to see someone try.' gesture, before turning his back to the man and continuing on.Vesper spoke up next, making absolute eye contact with the taller man. "We should have him sent to the encampment. Let Tobias deal with him. As for answers, we need them. I know you don't like force, Finny, but it may be needed. If broken bones and blood is too much for you, we can always go the psychological route. We have the company's best mage on hand. I'm sure he could find a spell for that." Finny was slightly shocked by her answer. Magic like that was, for the most part, forbidding, outlawed decades ago. The punishments for using them were worse then death in the eyes of fellow mages and magic users. She looked ahead. "Don't give me that look. I'm not suggesting breaking his mind and spirit, just a simple charm to get him to want to speak. Then we can send him back home to face his crimes."

Well, that was a relief. " That's still unlike you. You usually take the higher road. To hear that from you was shocking," Vesper's face fell, and she looked to him, pausing in her steps. "He doesn't deserve mercy, not for what he did. If you had seen Fiona you would agree. The look in Tobias' eyes when he was telling us what had happened....It broke my heart. Who could do such a thing to their own children? Fiona was getting to know too much, and he just...he wanted her dead, so no. He doesn't get my mercy, and you shouldn't waste yours on him either." And with that she continued on. Finny watched her go, concerned for her, but not able to deny her point.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:55 pm 

The White Wolf Prevails

Ragnar wasn't all that sure on which would be best but if Cromwell didn't cooperate it was either that or Merlin could put a spell on the Lord. They didn't have the time to waste, their plate was already overflowing as it is. What else could they do? Ragnar had faith in all of them, he trusted them regardless of their decision, he would carry out any order given to him. Though he hoped that Cromwell either could be easily threatened or see what he has helped do and come to reason, the brute will prepare himself to do anything that is required of him.

For Brynn, it was simply black and white to her. At this point, they couldn't afford to be caught up in the area of grey, with the morals of their decisions. Innocent people lay charred, burned to a crisp, in the streets of Vadosa and countless of others lost in the rubble. If their enemies do not stick to what is morally correct, why should they? They need every advantage they can manage to get their hands on so why limit themselves to morals? She agreed with both Merlin and Vesper, get the information before returning the Lord to the camp. "we do what we must to get the need information and send him back to answer for his crimes at the hands of Tobias. The twins deserve that much. What happens afterward is beyond us." Brynn stated nonchalantly, her gaze focused on the forest around them rather than the rest of the group as she spoke.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:44 pm 

With that the discussion was over, and the group walked in a steady pace towards the small hamlet. They made good time, Merlin being the first to point out the port as it crested along the horizon. "Looks like it was left untouched," he said as they got closer. The small town was bustling with life, the streets busy with folks selling, or buying wares, traveling from one destination to another. It was a solid reminder that life carried on in the wake of disasters. "To think fire and brimstone were falling around our heads, and these people were blissfully unaware." He said as they made to the outskirts.

"It makes sense. Duncrest is a small town. That beast probably set her sights on cities and capitols for her first strike. Places like this wouldn't have the means to raise an army," Finny said, glancing up to the morning sky. " We can take it for luck, though. She's given us a lead." Merlin snorted at that, the thought making him laugh. How ironic, that the enemies strategy would give them a foothold into getting answers.

"How generous of the horned b*tch. Should we toast to her oversight? I can always snatch us a bottle of some fine ale, or would wine be more suited?" It was a rhetoric question, but that didn't stop Vesper from wrapping her arm around the shorter half elfs neck and playing along. "I think we should look at the finest spirits, don't you think?" He nodded along. " You're right, wine and ale don't seem right for such an occasion." The two snickered, and for a moment they forgot about the hell that was falling around them, but just for a moment . And when the fact seeped back in, the two sighed. "Let's hold off on those drinks till we find him, eh?" Vesper said letting go of Merlin and straightening up. "Where was he exactly, when you looked in on him?"

"Near the docks, at an inn. I couldn't make out the name when I was being shown the place during the spell, but it looked to be closest to the sea. The docks stretched out around it,"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11