All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:14 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

"Allie!", someone shouted in the office the content writers worked. The curly haired woman looked around, trying to find who was calling her name. The small office in which fifteen people were crammed was usually chaotic, especially in the morning, so it wasn't a surprise that it would take a while to figure out where someone had shouted your name from. "Yeah? Stand up!", she replied, giving up on wasting the time.

A blonde haired man stood up for a moment and sat back down after his coworker saw him. "Are you almost done?", he asked. "Yeah, I'm just proofreading and doing some research so I don't mess up, why?", the woman asked, taking a look at the file in front of her. "I could use some help with mine, but I can wait!", the man replied.

The woman chuckled softly and shook her head. "Why am I not surprised?", she asked, trying to be serious. "Just give me a minute and I'll move to your side".

True to her word, the woman - whose name was Alice - took her laptop across the room and sat right next to the man who had asked for her help. They exchanged a quick kiss before she leaned to the side and looked at his file. "What do you need, hon?", she asked, already scanning the text. The man smirked and pinched the woman's arm. "Nothing, I just wanted you to come sit by my side", he replied with a grin.

Shaking her head, Alice resumed checking her facts for the piece she was writing, while chatting with her boyfriend. "Fine, I'm sitting right here where you can see me. So, why don't you tell me of your plans for the weekend while I finish this?", she asked, her eyes glued to the screen.

The man hummed for a while - it was something he did all of the time that, after driving Alice crazy for a while, had become something she appreciated over time - before responding. "Hmmm... I plan on staying attached to you up until Monday morning". The man's response made the woman smile, but she didn't reply right away, occupied with finishing writing her piece and sending it to their boss. Once she had done it, Alice turned to her boyfriend.

"Sure, we can do it, but can we be in my place this weekend? I feel like staying home", she requested, hoping Robert would comply. The man though for a moment or two and nodded. "Sure. Are you okay?", he asked, concern showing in his expression. Alice was usually willing to at least go somewhere nice for the weekend, even if just a quiet hotel. The woman nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. It was just a long week, and I want to relax in PJ's for the weekend".

Robert nodded and kissed Alice, sending his own piece off. "All right. I'll drop by my place to collect some essentials, and we'll meet in your house", he agreed.

With a heartfelt "thank you", Alice went back to work for the rest of the day.

It was a pretty long day, with a lot to do, but Alice was happy when it ended. There was a nice weekend to look forward to, after all.

Once work was done, Alice went for some groceries for the weekend while Robert went home for some clothes and other necessary items. They both got to Alice's house almost at the same time, and closed the door off to the world. After dinner, the couple went to bed with a movie and some wine, with the full intention of not leaving the bed until the movie was over - or next morning, whatever they felt like doing at the time.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:53 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

"I'm going to be going away for a while," Tony said slowly, holding the frail woman's hand with a gentleness exclusive to only a few others, "but I will be back, I promise."

"That's nice dear," the woman smiled, patting his hand before turning away to look out the window.

Tony couldn't tell if his mom was having an off day, or just didn't care. She'd had fewer and fewer off days since she'd moved into the home, but they were still unavoidable. He decided to continue, despite her lack of attention.

"I'm going to find my sister, like you told me. She'll forgive you, I'm sure."

She didn't reply.

It was better to leave. Tony patted his mom's shoulder. "I'm gonna go now. Love you."

As he grabbed his bag and the entrance and left the home, Tony thought about his intentions for meeting his sister. It wasn't just about forgiveness. It was about need. Of the money made from selling his parents' house, he had saved enough to live for a month. The rest went to securing his mom's place at the home. He was nearing the end of the month, and financially dead.

He wasn't planning on being a burden or dead weight on her. Growing up, Tony had always hated people who sat back and did as little as possible. He would find a job as soon as he could, help pay bills, and as soon as he had enough money he would go back to college and be out of her life. If she wanted him to.

Tony would also quit his habit. He'd tried so many times before, but something had always come up and it was the only way that he could relax. Well, whether that had happened before or after he had started, Tony didn't know.

Alice lived a four-hour bus ride away. It was closer than Tony had expected. Dad hadn't been the sentimental type, and not one to hunt down a kid he'd put up for adoption. But his mom, especially now, seemed so concerned about forgiveness that Tony wondered why she hadn't tracked Alice down herself. Maybe it was shame, or fear.

Tony felt a little afraid himself as he stepped into the bus.

There were three other people on the bus: a pretty young woman, and older, tired-looking gentleman, and a woman in business clothes. Tony found his way to the back of the bus and put in his earbuds. The music was pensive and orchestral. It was the kind of music that his dad had liked. As a kid, he thought it was boring and lethargic, but when his dad passed away, the music had a sort of connection that he felt he needed to chase. Tony flipped his hood up and focused his gaze on the window, fingers tapping uneasily on his knee.

If not for the constant starting and stopping of the bus, Tony might have fallen asleep. It was unusual that he was so tired, seeing that most nights he couldn't sleep. His sinking eyes kept watch of the station names. He didn't want to miss it and be forced to hitchhike.

The bus lurched for a final time and Tony stepped out on to the concrete sidewalk.

It was a nice neighbourhood, even if it was cloaked in an evening darkness that usually made places look more sinister. Tony stepped forward and looked at his phone to double-check the address.

It was a fifteen minute walk before Tony found the house. It was raining slightly, soaking through his cheap sneakers. As he stepped up to the door, he wished he had smoked just a little. But he had promised himself he would be completely lucid for the situation.

Tony hesitated, rocking on his feet and slowly raising his hand to the door. After a few moments he finally gave the door a knock, sharper than he had intended. His heart raced from nervousness.

What if she wasn't home?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:48 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

While Tony made his way to her house, Alice was simply relaxing at home with her boyfriend, and feeling incredibly relaxed with her movie, blanket and glass of wine. Exactly when she was thinking about not leaving her bedroom for the rest of the weekend, the knock on the door came. "Oh, come on", she murmured with a sigh. A visitor right now was literally the last thing Alice wanted. And she was pretty sure it would be someone boring who would disrupt her perfectly relaxing night.

"Want me to see who is ou there?", her boyfriend offered after a moment of silence. Alice considered the offer for a moment or two. While it was tempting to ask Robert to go out there while she stayed in bed, it didn't feel right. Whoever was out there was there to talk to her, after all. Sighing, Alice downed the rest of her wine and handed the glass over to her boyfriend. "No, thanks, honey. I'll just go there dressed like this and hope they catch the hint", she replied, getting up and taking a moment to tie her hair on a pony tail before leaving the room.

While she walked through the dark living room and turned on the lights before going to the door - not really minding making whoever was there wait -, Alice wondered for a moment about who it could be. Probably some neighbor, even though none of them, as far as she could remember, would simply show up to someone's doorstep just like this, without a previous phone call. It was that kind of neighborhood, and Alice loved it.

Then again, maybe it was an emergency. Or maybe someone had gotten lost and needed to find their way back on the main road. For some reason, that happened every now and then on Alice's street.

Whatever crossed Alice's mind, the last thing on her radar was a brother - after all, she didn't have any siblings, since her true parents hadn't had any other children after she had been brought to their home. Shrugging off her inquisitive thoughts, Alice finally went to the door and opened it to see a young man she had never met in her entire life, she was sure.

"Good evening. May I help you?", she asked politely, coming to the conclusion that he was in the case of those who ended up getting lost and needed directions to find their way back to wherever they should actually be.