Post subject: Images on Site
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:51 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

It seems with the new server move yesterday, some of the images on the site broke. From what I was talking with Chem earlier, it seems that the option to add images to the site through your computer (rather than a URL link) is no longer available, so then images that were originally added through computer rather then URL links are no longer working properly.

I'm not sure if this is a new feature after having moved to a new server or maybe a bug afterwards? A lot of avatar images seem to no longer be working, and some images from attachments in threads are no longer working either. My avatar was originally not working but I was able to fix it by creating a URL link for the image and re-adding it.

Here's a thread example of where images where attached through computer and are now no longer working (first post): http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=53409

There's also the chat which is not able to share our avatar images either and the person's name/time stamp replace the image but it messes up the format a bit so if the name is long it's covered by the chat message.

Chem was able to get their image to show on the chat after adding a new avatar image. I'm not sure if it's because of the difference in dimensions or what. (Investigating now, will update here when I learn more.)

Update: Tried testing the avatar image dimensions to see if it needs to be smaller or exact to work in the chat but it didn't seem to solve the issue. I tried changing the dimensions several time for my image but it wouldn't work. Doing more test.

Update to update: Testing avatar images to see if they would work on chat. It seems to be a random fix. They could be of the correct dimensions, a gif or a regular image, and only very few of them worked.

Also more updates: Attachment of file from computer onto threads (testing with images) doesn't seem to be working. None of the attachments could be uploaded.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Images on Site
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:07 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

All issues have been fixed thanks to the amazing @Eferhilda ! I feel this thread became unnecessary very quickly xD oh well! Thanks again :D

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:11 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

It was helpful so that I could link it to the host provider :)

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:41 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Oh yay! :D I'm glad it was helpful <3