All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:27 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sinead Shabwarhal had only been parked in front of the Municipal Courthouse for a couple of moments, and yet, she was already wary of the glances she received from passerbys. Behind the safety of her sunglasses, she returned them.
She had left their blue Morris in neutral, not expecting to be parked here long and finding comfort in the hum of the motor around her. She did her best to keep the eyes of the court house steps across the road, making an effort to relax as she finally allowed herself to lean back into the seat.

Given the circumstances, Avi Shabwarhal left the meeting satisfied. As he allowed his client to exit ahead of him, he recognized, by the look of the prosecutor's and the officer's faces, that nobody involved in this case had expected the girl to lawyer up on her own. Avi had allowed himself a pleased smile on the way out.
As the pair filtered through the modest courthouse, he went through the conversation in his head, knowing he would be listening to the taping at first given opportunity. Exiting the preparatory meeting, Avi figured they had a good 30% chance of winning the case - something, which he two weeks prior would have thought impossible.
"We're in a good place," Avi eventually allowed, as he pushed open the front door of the courthouse, allowing Tanis to exit first. "Better than expected."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:51 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Tanis Callingbull knew that it had been a surprising move for her to lawyer up on her own, hell it had even been a surprising move to herself. She could still hardly believe that Avi had agreed to represent her, but she was deeply thankful that he had. Without Avi she would have been completely doomed and she would probably have been in jail already.
“It couldn’t really be worse than expected,” she said with a shrug, but a crooked grin was still playing on her lips, making it clear that she was very pleased with how their meeting had gone. She wasn’t naive enough to think that she was going to get off scot free, but she did have a hope that she might avoid jail time.
“I trust you, mr. Shabwarhal,” she added, still not quite sure how much of her humour Avi picked up on.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:13 pm 

Avi had to fight the urge to correct Tanis; it could still be much worse than expected solely out of spite. He had no prior experience with that specific prosecutor, but he knew his type. However, seeing Tanis so visibly pleased by the outcome, Avi swallowed his words.
"Yeah, well we'll see if that trust's justified soon enough," he muttered, not wanting to get her hopes up; after all, things had yet to play out. "Did you still have time this afternoon?"
Avi spoke while gesturing Tanis to his left, directing her towards the blue car parked across the street with a soft Sinead's parked over here. He had asked Tanis to meet him here, and as he glanced back across his shoulder's he saw that it was still early. "I can give you a ride home either now or late."

Sinead probably saw her husband and his client before they saw her, and for the first time, she truly got to see the pair interact without their knowledge of her presence. As she straightened her posture to better eye them, it warmed her heart to know that Avi did this on the regular.
Once she was certain Avi had spotted the parked car, she made work of opening the driver's side window.
"Hello, loves -" she called, once the two of them were at a reasonable distance. Pushing the glasses up and onto the silk scarf wrapped around her hair, a bright smile lit up her features. "How'd it go? You both coming?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:28 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

“I have time yeah,” Tanis said, having gotten a lot of free time on her hands what with the trial going on. It wasn’t ideal for paying rent and such, but she was happy that she had some savings so she would be able to go on without making any money for a while. She knew that it wasn’t probably only going to be a matter of time before she could get back to working anyway, so she wasn’t too worried.
It was only when Avi gestured to their left that Tanis realised that his wife was already there, waiting for them in their car.
Once again, she was slightly shaken by how beautiful Sinead was, but she knew that it was inappropriate for her to do more than just think about it. She was a married woman after all and it was wrong for Tanis to imply her deviance onto others like that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:25 pm 

As they crossed the street, Avi cast a brief glance towards Tanis, sending her an akcowledgeing smile; after all, her answer hadn't come as much of a surprise.
"Hi, honey," he finally addressed his wife, reaching in through the open window to brush a touch against her shoulder. He was, however, quick to retrieve the touch. "I think we're leaving pleasantly surprised."
In favour for his wife, Avi's hand found the handle on the driver's side passenger seat, pulling it open as he yet again glanced down the street. "We have to drop Sinead off at work on our way back, Tanis, I hope you don't mind the roundabout."
With that, he gestured Tanis in the direction of the opened door, before finally circling the vehicle to join Sinead on the passenger seat.

Sinead's eyes were glued to the young woman as she and her husband crossed the street towards her; when she caught her eye, the corners of her mouth curled upward in a smile.
Only looking up the moment Avi's hand brushed against her skin, Sinead finally took a good look at her husband. "I'm glad to hear that."
Already before finishing the sentence, Avi had left her field of vision and her eyes once again found Tanis. Once again, Sinead was taken aback by how striking the woman was; for a moment, her eyes wandered, before finally meeting the other's eye.
"I take it was nothing that spooked you out of giving them hell, huh?" The comment was spoken with a grin and a slight hint of approval in her eye. The intensity if the comment was quickly diluted as Avi joined her in the car, and she turned her head slightly as he placed a kiss on the corner of her mouth; she, however, never turned far enough that her eyes left Tanis.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 pm 

Tanis did her best not to stare at Sinead, even if the other woman wasn’t showing her the same courtesy. She could constantly feel Sinead’s eyes on her and she didn’t know how to act around her. She had to behave, at least as long as Avi was representing her in her case, so she stayed low and did her best not to offend.
“Nothing ever really spooks me out of giving people hell,” Tanis stated with a crooked grin, unable to stop it. She knew that she should probably stop opposing authority figure constantly, but it was simply not in her nature.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:17 pm 

Sinead grinned at that, and to her right, she heard Avi huff out a small grin too. She turned the engine on.
"That's a lovely answer, Tanis" Sinead said, finally dragging her eyes away from Tanis in favour for the driver's side mirror. Despite neither her nor her husband engaging in any conflict with the police, Sinead was pleased about Tanis' attitude. "Can't let them get too comfortable."
Putting the car in gear, Sinead turned into traffic.
"You shouldn't encourage her," Avi said, as he buckled his seat belt. His eyes, however, caught Tanis' in the rear view mirror, and his expression was far softer than his voice, wanting to assure the young woman that he wasn't morally disapproving her actions.
"Why not?" Sinead answered, her voice light with a chuckle as she manouvered through traffic. "Worst case scenario she'd need you to represent her and we get to enjoy her company a little while longer," she added, searching for Tanis' eyes in the rear view mirror too, sending her an almost knowing grin.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:52 pm 

The banter between Sinead and Avi brought a smile to Tanis’ lips, liking to see the two of them interact. It made good sense for the two of them to be married, at least in Tanis’ head, and she was glad to see that they actually seemed to like each other. Too many married couples seemed that they could barely stand each other and Tanis never understood the appeal of that.
“I’m fairly certain that I’m a lost cause,” she stated with a shrug, knowing that no amount of comments would dissuade her from acting the way that she did. It was just the way she was and she wasn’t going to stop until people like her got treated like actual people.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:41 pm 

"Careful with that," Avi said, this time turning properly; in doing so, his arm fell against the back of the driver's seat. The smile on his face was easier, evidently feeling more comfortable joking around in the company of his wife. As he continued, a grin was barely visible on his lips as he glanced towards his wife. "Lots of Bible passages about being lost and later being found; those are terribly hard to argue against once she gets going."
At that, Sinead finally laughed out loud, even if only briefly. "You're too late, love, she's already been subjected to several verses."
Though her voice came across as almost hurt, the way she was biting her bottom lip while looking out into oncoming traffic made it evident she was searching her brain for a better retort.
In the mean time, Avi once again turned to better address Tanis. "Don't take it you're much of a Christian?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:46 pm 

Tanis really did enjoy watching Avi and Sinead interact, it was clear that they were great together and while Tanis found it difficult to hide her crush on Sinead their interactions still made her smile. It wasn’t like she could ever act on her feelings after all, so it felt safe to have a harmless crush.
“Not really, no,” Tanis found herself admitting, not wanting to **** on someone else’s religion, but it just really wasn’t her. It wasn’t how she was raised and she just didn’t see herself adapting to it any time soon. “It’s not really my speed.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:03 pm 

Finally, turning into an intersection Sinead seemed to decide on her response, not taking much into consideration the fact that she interjected Avi and Tanis' exchange.
"See, I think you're just annoyed that you can't recite your scriptures to strangers because nobody understands Punjabi." Her eyes caught those of her husband before flickering towards the side view mirror. The addition was spoken with a grin. "Feeling some resentment, Mr. Shabwarhal?"
Even through the corner of her eye, Sinead was able to tell that Avi had an even wittier response prepared for her; so, instead, she raised her chin slightly in order to catch Tanis' eyes in the rear view mirror as she pulled up to a light. She relaxed her posture slightly once the car came to a standstil. "Protestantism isn't really Avi's speed either, but he's usually more polite about it."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:44 pm 

The ease with which Avi and Shinead included her in their back and forth almost blew Tanis away. She wasn’t used to seeing a married couple interacting with such tenderness, especially not while others are around. It made Tanis feel a lot more at ease with Avi representing her, knowing that he also had a human side to him.
“I get that, different folks and all that,” she said with a shrug, not sure if the comment was meant for a response, but she felt like she had to say something.
She wasn’t much religious herself after all. All she really believed was what she had been taught by her parents, but she was never going to mock someone for what they believed in.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:59 pm 

Sinead hummed in agreement at that, but did orherwise not fight the natural silence that followed that. Her attention refocused onto the road ahead, turning the car onto a street flanced with white collar offices on both sides.
Eventually, Avi's eyes too abandoned Tanis, straightening his posture once more.
After a brief pause, Sinead spoke. "When will I see you again?"
Her eyes had once again wandered to the Tanis' reflection in the read view mirror, a smile on her lips. Out of the corner of her eye, Sinead saw Avi glance towards her; they both knew Sinead could have asked him for this information, but neither of them acknowledged it in the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 pm 

The question took Tanis aback, not really sure what Sinead could possibly mean with her question. Sure, she knew that it was probably pretty straight forward, but it still felt like an intimate question to be asked. It meant that Sinead wanted to see her again, even if Tanis was nothing out of the ordinary; other than extraordinarily bad at taking orders from authorities.
"Eh, probably soon?" She asked more than said, finding it very probable that she will be around very soon again. After all, she and Avi have a lot of work to do if she wants to go free and that probably means that she will be over a lot. "I mean, I'm not free yet."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:11 pm 

Sinead hummed, pulling the car over to the side of the road by an office building. Leaving the car in neutral, she turned in her seat.
"I hope that I can cook you dinner soon," she said, without clarifying if it was the plural you she used. Her eyes turned to Avi, who handed her her purse with a crooked smile. Sinead just responded to it with an almost knowing smile, before finally turning enough that she could properly face Tanis in the back seat.
"I think we've put you through enough leftovers," she added, her smile becoming slightly brighter. To her left, Avi huffed out a chuckle; she knew her husband was competent in the kitchen, but she also knew better than to expect him to have cooked up anything while a client visited. "Hopefully we coincide an evening where I'm not working."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:36 pm 

Tanis knew that it was pretty silly to get flustered about a comment like that, but there was something a little too intimate about the way Sinead was promising her dinner. She knew that she was probably going to be around a lot more, so maybe it wasn’t that weird, but it still just seemed a little too familiar.
“I don’t really mind,” she tired to assure, but she wasn’t sure if Sinead was really all that serious about the comment. They didn’t really know each other after all and Tanis was just Avi’s client. “But I do hope I get to see more of you.”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:13 pm 

Sinead's features further lit up at that, her smile widening just another fraction of an inch.
"Likewise, darling," she said, her soft and earnest, before concluding the exchange with a little nod. The gesture hinted at the fact that she had reconsidered further adding to it, and instead used it put a period behind her words. With no further comment, she instead turned to her husband. With a hand on Avi's shoulder, she leaned in to brush their cheeks together. "I'll see you later, Avi."
As she retrieved herself, she once again glanced back at the woman on the back seat. She offered a "bye, Tanis; good luck," on the way with a smile still on her lips, before turning completely and exiting the car.
For a moment, Avi remained seated, looking at his wife through the driver's side window before exhaling and shifting, too. "Come up to the front with me, Tanis," he suggested with a little wave of his hand, before he himself excited the car too, leaving the passenger's side door slightly a bay as an encouragement for Tanis to take his place.
Circling the front of the car, Avi caught a hold of his wife's waist, drawing her close enough that he could press a proper kiss onto her cheek. At that, Sinead laughed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:01 pm 

As per Avi’s instructions, Tanis got out of the car to move to the front seat. She did watch as Avi and Sinead said goodbye to one another, unable to stop a pang of jealousy hitting her in the pit of her stomach. They made a beautiful couple the two of them and they were clearly happy together. It was something that Tanis never really thought that she was going to have, so it was difficult to not feel a little bitter about seeing the couple fit together so seamlessly.
She got into the front of her car, allowing the couple to take their time, but also really wanting to move on. She knew that she and Avi still had a lot of work to do, and she was really not fancying more late nights working on this case.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:59 am 

It didn't take long for the couple to disentangle from each other; once having done that, Sinead was the first to act.
Bending down in ither to look in through the open driver's side window, she met Tanis' eye with a wider, easier smile
"Take care of him for me, love," she teased, only getting half way through it before Avi's hand had gripped the door handle and opened the door, forcing her back to an upright stance. "Bye, Tanis," she added, before turning to climb the broad entrance stairs to the office, attention at her purse.
Moments after, Avi had taken her place on the driver's seat. He took a moment to adjust the rear view mirror before exhaling a soft right, lets and started pulling out and away the curb with a glance over his shoulder.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:50 pm 

“I’ll try,” Tanis said in a weak voice, knowing that it’s probably going to be more likely that it will be the other way around. Tanis could hardly take care of herself and Avi just didn’t strike her as the type who needed someone to take care of him; other than maybe his wife.
She looked after Sinead for a little too long, hardly able to take in just how beautiful the other woman was. It felt a little sad to be this smitten with her attorney’s wife, but she also knew better than to even attempt to go there. She already had trouble with the law, so it just seemed reckless, if not stupid, to jeopardise that by hitting on her attorney’s wife.
“Not s fan of driving?” Tanis asked with a slight grin, wanting to take her focus a little away from the woman leaving them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next