All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Harry exhaled a little chuckle at that, hearing the joke in Draco's voice. However, it was everything Draco didn't say that made the hairs on Harry's neck stand. It must have been a mix of the proximity and the implications, but it all in all left Harry breathless.
"I have to say hello to the in-laws," Harry answered with an attempted poise, even despite the grin on his lips. In the pit of his stomach he felt uneasy, already able to recognize several uniformed men amongst Malfoy's guests. Knowing he would falter if they stopped moving, Harry urged Draco on and further into the crowd.
There was some honesty to his voice when he turned towards Draco with the grinned addition. "After that, I'm all yours and ready to elope."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:56 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco groaned at that, very clearly in a playful passion but there was probably more truth to it than he would like to admit. He wouldn’t mind just sitting in a corner somewhere and drink wine together with Harry, but he also knew that they had obligations, they were there for a reason, so they couldn’t do that.
“Fine,” he said with a deep sigh, a playful smile played at his lips though, clearly knowing that he knew that he had to do it. He never really thought that he could get Harry to hide somewhere with him, but it was a nice thought.
“Also, if you want me to elope with you, you are going to have to propose first.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:25 pm 

Draco's comment made Harry grin. Though his eyes continued to scan the crowd for the Malfoys, one corner of his mouth tugged upward in a little break of character.
When Harry looked back at Draco, that expression had once again faded to the background. The crooked smile, however, remained, as a fine line appeared between his brows. "Oh, was I supposed to propose?"
Harry spoke with almost unnerving clarity, no real hesitation to his voice. Though the context of their conversation took away the promise of his words, the tease remained genuine.
Inadvertently glancing forward, doing what he could to not step on anybody's heels. When he finally spotted the blonde likeness of Draco's mother, Harry urged Draco in that direction.
Harry's gaze finally returned to Draco, the frown having softened up, only to be replaced with a boyish grin. "I've been waiting for you to."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:12 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The cheer juvenile nature of their conversation made Draco smile and made him feel very comfortable to be around Harry. It seemed very clear that the two of them were going to be able to be comfortable together and probably make this work for them.
“You were the one talking about eloping, I feel like it is only fair that you propose to me then,” he said with a crooked grin, just before they got within earshot of his parents.
“Mother, father,” he said in lieu of a greeting, still holding onto Harry’s arm.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:48 pm 

It was only once within reach of the Malfoys that it fully hit Harry how unprepared he was for this interaction. With Draco, they had had a few moments alone to take measure of their approach to the whole ordeal. Suddenly facing their hosts and his employers, Harry didn't know how familiar he was expected to get.
"Hello, boys," Narcissa greeted them upon arrival. Champagne flute in her right hand, she reached out for her son; hand cupping his cheek, she stretched to place a barely-there kiss, leaving no lipstick smudge behind on Draco's skin before leaning back. "You look lovely, son."
Whether it had been him or Narcissa who had crossed the distance between them, Harry could not be able to pin point. Without thinking twice about it, Harry loosened his grip around Draco's arm considerably, meeting Narcissa half way with a gentle hand to her elbow. Before reality had fully caught up to him, Narcissa Malfoy's dainty hand was on his shoulder.
"We are thrilled you could attend, Harry," she said gently, her cheek brushing against Harry's. Harry, in turn, brushed a kiss to hers.
"Thank you for having me," he answered with a smile as he leaned back, letting go of his pretend mother-in-law. His hand was still barely gripped around Draco's arm, needing that to steady himself in order not to blush.
"Sir -" Harry said, turning towards Lucius. The smile inevitably went crooked, somewhat caught up in the realisation of just how familiar his greeting with Narcissa had been; something he didn't dare replicate with Lucius. Instead, he offered him his hand to shake.
The shadow of a smile on Lucius' face was hard to read; Harry found that it could be anything from forced to pleased. It offered some relief when Lucius shifted his glass from his right and to his left, fondly shaking Harry's hand.
"Lieutenant," Lucius smiled, his voice almost making the title sound more as a pet name; it made the hairs on Harry's neck stand.
"So good to see you, indeed. Draco -" Lucius' greeting towards his son was considerably more curt, though he did offer him a gaze. "Have you not been offered anything to drink?"
As soon as Lucius let go of Harry's hand, Harry took an instinctive step backwards, searching for Draco's proximity. When the distance once again allowed it, Harry properly took a hold of Draco's arm. "We have only just arrived."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:13 am 

The dance with his parents was so deeply familiar to Draco that he didn’t even think about it. It wasn’t until he realised that Harry was going to greet his parents as well that his mind started racing. How would they go about this? What would Harry be comfortable with? Was it going to be very obvious that this was new to them?
A wave of relief washed over Draco once the greetings were over, feeling his stomach turn when his father referred to Harry as lieutenant. There wasn’t something inherently wrong with Lucius referring to Harry as lieutenant, but Draco found that the implied familiarity was too much for him to handle.
“Father,” he stated in lieu of a greeting, having never greeted him in any different way. Once the attention was brought to their empty hands, Draco immediately saw a way out and put his hand on top of Harry’s, such that he was sure that he would come with him.
“We were just on our way to get some drinks, when we thought that we would greet you first,” he stated, knowing that that was the correct way to go about it anyway. “We will go mingle and will see you two later.”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:44 pm 

How sudden Draco seemed to announce their departure startled Harry; though he wanted to believe that Draco's hand on top of his was intended as reassuring, it still made Harry's heart skip a beat. In a thoughtless attempt to read what had caused the sudden exit, Harry glanced at Draco, though he quickly feared it would come across as inappropriate - if the Malfoys would read this as a break of character.
When Harry's eyes again darted back to the matrimony in front of him, he was surprised to find that Lucius no longer was meeting either of their line of sight; instead, his eyes were fixated on the image of Draco's hand on top of Harry's. It made Harry nauseous.
Before any of them could speak, Lucius' eyes were once again on his son. Even though he wasn't looking at Harry, there was still an uneasy and distinct sternness to his barely-there smile.
"That sounds like an excellent idea, Draco," Lucius said monotonously, the smile doing little to brighten his voice. Eventually, his turned to look at his supposed son-in-law, expression unphased. "It was very kind of you to say hello."
"I'll keep an eye on him for you, sir," Harry said, intending it to be well meaning. There was a careful smile to his lips, yet he quickly came to the realisation that Lucius wasn't going to trouble himself with a reply.
So, Harry stepped aside, urging Draco to follow him.
"Narcissa," he offered, genuinely but fleeitngly, not fully stopping to properly say his goodbyes.
Once out og earshot, Harry yet again shifted the way he was holding Draco's arm. His fingers curling around Draco's bicep, he used that to tug the other closer, if only slightly.
"Was I that bad?" he asked, more of a tease than a genuine worry. His eyes were on Draco's profile, only every now and then looking to make sure they weren't bumping into someone.
Gently loosening his grip, he added with more of a grin. "Drink-away-your-sorrows bad? 'Cause I'm not drinking, so you can have my mine."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:21 pm 

Draco has been so busy with getting away from his parents that he barely even registered that Harry was asking him a question. It took him a moment to actually realise what Harry was asking him, but when he did he was quite surprised.
Harry had in no way been bad at playing the part, Draco was just in no mood to hang around his parents, especially not when he for once had a perfect excuse to not.
“Oh no, definitely not,” he said with a soft smile, wanting to comfort Harry as much as possible. He gently placed his hand on top of Harry’s one his arm. It was an intimate gesture, that much Draco could tell as soon as he had done, but he found that it was a comfort to himself as well and thus he didn’t pull away.
A waiter went past them and Draco managed to snatch a glass from the tray he was holding, desperate to get some wine in his system. It was probably stupid but Draco wasn’t in a headspace to make good decisions right now.
“You’re doing lovely. You’re lovely.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:53 pm 

The sweetness of Draco's response caught Harry completely unprepared. There must have been a visible surprise painted across his face, before a flushed grin inevitably took its place.
Draco was clearly distracted, considerably more tense than Harry had yet to experience him, and yet it was this little, offhanded and accidental remark that made Harry's heart skip a beat - too genuinely. Even with his attention divided between a million other things, Draco was beautiful enough that it made Harry's mouth go dry.
Desperately needing to ground Draco back into their pretend relationship, Harry reached out for Draco. The kiss that followed, however, was nothing more than self indulgent. Harry's free hand had moved to cradle the cheek Draco turned away from him, urging him within reach for Harry to stretch and brush a kiss to the corner of Draco's lips.
"I know people here," he said, taking advantage of the close proximity. His voice was soft enough that the content of his words might have been mistaken for a sweet nothing. In reality, Harry would have said that Draco was lovely, too, had it not been for the fact that whatever he said would be out of earshot of the surrounding guests. Telling Draco that, when there was no audience to it felt almost nauseating. "Okay?"
Relaxing his posture, Harry once again let go of Draco's jaw, creating a more civil distance. His eyes still lingered on Draco's profile, he smiled with an attempt at domestic composure. "We might actually have to mingle at some point tonight."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:06 pm 

Draco had been so caught up in his own thoughts, all wild and completely chaotic, that Harry’s soft touch almost made him flinch. It wasn’t something he had been used to for a very long time and the way Harry was touching him so softly, almost tenderly, made Draco’s heart skip a beat.
Even knowing that it was all fake, Draco felt a deep sense of appreciation for Harry. It was clear that he had figured that Draco was losing it and had done what he thought was appropriate to try and ground him again. It was a little embarrassing that his fake boyfriend had to do something like that, but Draco couldn’t help but just be deeply grateful, and a little regretful that the kiss hadn’t actually been properly on his lips.
“I’m good at that,” he said with a softer, way more relaxed, smile.
It was definitely more appropriate for them to be standing at a bit more of a distance, yet Draco found that he missed Harry’s touch and he also found himself wishing that he didn’t have to pull away.
“Show me some people I can impress. I will talk both of us up like you won’t believe it.”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:47 pm 

How easily Draco relaxed into Harry's touch was not only unexpected but intoxicatingly thrilling. It was hard to believe that they were still practically strangers, the lines quickly becoming fuzzy the more touches they exchanged. The easy smile, however, was quick to leave his lips as Draco's response came before Harry could even articulate the need for a warning.
"Hey," he said, voice airy enough for it to sound joking; in reality, Harry's breath had hitched, startled by Draco's willingness to mingle with military officials. This time he reached out for Draco's hand in an attempt to ground himself.
Harry took half a step forward to properly stand in front of Draco, needing to at least pretend this was a conversation they could have under two eyes. It wasn't necessarily a private conversation - definitely not one that would seem out of character. It just plainly made Harry's heart rate spike.
"No gays in the military, right?" he said, voice lowered though not entirely to a whisper. There was still a crooked grin to Harry's lips, wanting to make light of it all; the smile, however, didn't fully reach his eyes, finding the task to be daunting in a way he hadn't expected it to be. "I'm about to come out to them."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:54 pm 

How soft they were being with each other, how intimate it all seemed, kept taking Draco aback. He knew that it was all fake and it was mostly for show, but it kept seeming too real and Draco had to keep reminding himself of the fact.
“Right,” he said, feeling guilty about having forgotten. Even if their relationship was fake, the consequences it would have on their real lives would still be very real and Draco had to keep that in mind. Gently, telling himself that it was just because were could see them, Draco placed his hand on Harry’s shoulder, right by the crook of his neck.
“I’ll behave,” he said in a soft voice, not wanting to make Harry feel uncomfortable about this. It was a weird situation where they had to be so closely intimate to sell this act to the people around them, but also had to make sure that the other was comfortable with this.
“And what better way to come out than to show off your boyfriend at your father in law’s political mixer?”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:05 am 

Harry quickly came to realize, he wasn't sure he could stand Draco's full attention. His skin felt electric even before Draco's hand had fully made contact, and when Harry finally felt the weight of Draco's hand against his neck he shuddered. Dumbly, his lips parted and it was only when Draco spoke that a smile reappeared. It was a boyish and flustered grin, a little caught-off-guard chuckle escaping him.
"Yeah, just easing in," he responded, voice still airy with a laugh as he tried to match the tease and easiness of Draco's act.
With a considerable delay, Harry reached out for Draco, fingers just barely catching Draco's waist. Even despite the layers of clothing between Harry's skin and Draco's, it yet again felt like static electricity was jumping off Harry's fingertips, making Harry's vision go foggy.
It was a daunting line to stay on, needing to keep up with the intimacy Draco was displaying, yet simultaneously feeling it get out of hand. Though Harry wanted both of them to slow down, a fresh tease tugged a corner of his mouth upward.
"You don't have to behave," he added, finally getting around to properly process Draco's answer; the consideration Draco was displaying was deeply comforting. The addition Harry spoke was therefore just as much a reminder to himself as it was a reassurance to Draco. "They can't discharge me twice."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:34 pm 

The more time Draco was spending with Harry, the easier it was to pretend to be boyfriends and the easier it was to intimate with him. It was completely overwhelming and Draco couldn’t remember it ever being this easy in the past, but it sure was now.
“That’s the spirit,” he said with a wide grin, taking a sip from his wine while still having his hand in the crook of Harry’s neck. It was so inviting to pull him closer and give into the desires that were racing through his mind. He knew that he had to be cautious about what he did around Harry and how he acted, mostly to make sure that he didn’t allow himself to go overboard too soon.
“Also, come on. I am a a catch,” he stated with a warm smile, leaning in to place a quick, but probably too tender, kiss to Harry’s lips. Even since their kiss in the car, Draco had wanted to kiss Harry again and while he knew that it was stupid, he just wasn’t in a position where he could help himself. “Show me off.”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:04 am 

Draco had completely taken Harry's breath away. Whether it was the daunting truth of his words or the familiarity of the kiss was hard to separate; Harry just felt certain his knees would have buckled had it not for the unaffected prosthetic keeping him upright.
The flush appeared across his cheeks before the smile reappeared on his lips, yet both things came with a considerable delay. It was impossible for Harry to disagree with Draco's words, yet the notion that - at least in their little, fictional world - Draco was his to show off was enough to made Harry's heart skip a beat.
"Alright," he just responded, needing to mark a concrete shift in their interaction. His voice was still dumbly airy, barely having caught his breath, and his smile was boyish to match.
He wanted to mark the change with another kiss, yet he settled on letting go of Draco's waist in favour of the forearm of Draco's raised arm. The lingering embrace made Harry's head spin, struggling to muster enough decisivenes to force Draco's hand off him.
"Are you ready, then?" he joked, some feigned surprise to his voice. His smile had regained purpose, as a tease replaced the fluster. He wasn't sure if the words were spoken for Draco's sake or for his own, but Harry couldn't get himself to leave this to seek out his old superiors. "I'm in no rush."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:18 pm 

While Draco liked the easy embrace he and Harry had had, finding it too easy to believe that this was for them and not for show, he knew that they had to get moving on. The longer Draco was going to allow them to linger, the harder it was going to pull away and there was no way that Draco could risk himself getting any illusions of what this was.
“I was born ready,” he said with a crooked grin, letting go of Harry to offer his arm for support once more. It was already a source of comfort to him to know that Harry was somewhat dependant on him being close by and holding him up.
“You don’t need to worry. This is what I am good at,” he tried to reassure Harry, knowing that it was an odd situation to find oneself in, but Draco had been doing this for ages and he knew exactly how to go about this to make both himself and Harry look absolutely amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:50 pm 

The moment Draco's hand left Harry's shoulder, it seemed Harry regained his peripheral vision, finding that the world around them had started getting fuzzy at the edges. It was a great relief, feeling certain he would only make a bigger fool out of himself if he tried to address a superior when his senses were so captivated by Draco's touches.
"Good." With a grin, Harry gladly took Draco's arm when offered. It was a silly gesture really, making them appear as more of a tandem than strictly necessary; yet Harry felt his heart skip a beat as his hand once again curled around Draco's bicep. " - because these kinds of things are above my pay grade."
Harry had glanced around the room in search for the man he had only previously seen a glimpse of, yet his eyes darted back to Draco, accompanying the comment with a private little grin. He didn't, however, allow either of them to linger.
With a suggestive little tug, Harry urged Draco to follow him.
Once Harry got to look around, he probably knew more guests than expected; though, in all honesty, it was probably his mistake for underestimating the military lobbying Lucius Malfoy involved himself with. Not having a great interest in approaching any more than absolutely necessary, he led them through the crowd towards a man in a considerably more adorned uniform than the one Harry was wearing.
"General Clingerman," Harry greeted once at a civil distance.
The general turned his head towards the sound of his name. Across his ageing face flashed a string of emotions; first surprise, than pleasant recognition, then yet again an undeniable surprise.
"Potter!" Clingerman returned the greeting, pleasantly surprised. He met the couple with a couple of steps in their direction, arms spreading as if initiating a hug that never manifested itself. "Good to see you, son, very good to see you, though you catch me by surprise. I thought Malfoy was putting that new leg of yours to good use up north."
"Tonight I'm here for pleasure, not business," Harry returned with a chuckle, a pleasant smile to his face.
The two military men exchanged a handshake, making Harry's grip around Draco's arm loosen. The touch was however soon enough replaced with an adoring glance.
"General, I'm here with my boyfriend Draco," he said with such easiness that it was hard to believe he only moments ago had had a nervous episode. His grip around the other thigthened yet again, as he resettled in Draco's close proximity. "Draco, General Clingerman was the Vice Chief of Defense when I had to be rushed back from Afghanistan."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:52 pm 

Despite never having been a fan of the military nor meeting anyone attached to it, Draco had been doing this since he was very young and he knew exactly how to act. It was a little more difficult now that Harry had announced that they were a couple, but Draco still knew how to play up the more conservative parts of himself and his life, some of them fiction, such that they would forget that he was a gay man in the first place.
“Pleasure to meet you, general,” Draco said with a pleasant smile as he offered the older man his hand. Harry played the part of the adoring boyfriend very well, almost too well for comfort but Draco tried not to think about that, so it was up to Draco to be the more professional one.
“My father has mentioned you in the past, but I never realised that my Harry used to serve under you,” he said, taking a moment to send an adoring smile to Harry, needing everybody to believe that the two of them were head over heels in love with one another. It did help knowing that his father would never have allowed the two of them to appear at an event like the one they were at, unless he knew that the two of them were for good and that he approved of Harry.
That made the act both harder and easier.
“I’m glad to hear that he was in good hands then.”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:05 pm 

Harry only barely glanced in the direction of the general, not daring to properly face the music. His sexuality had, admittedly, become muddled through out his last years of service, yet he hadn't come out until a year after he had left the military; all in all, having done nothing that wasn't allowed, meaning Clingerman was in no official position to pass judgement. Still, even with his fleeting glances, Harry could tell Clingerman was mentally doing the math, constructing a timeline for himself. That did seem to stifle the tone of the conversation, as Harry feared the general could still voice his personal judgement.
Almost absentmindedly, Clingerman shook Draco's hand. His eyes, however, darted towards Harry as if he had become a total stranger to him. It made Harry's heart drop, a lifetime of admiration of the military making him feel awful for having disappointed his superior.
"Potter didn't serve under me," Clingerman finally answered, some of the familiarity having left his voice. Though not necessarily sounding unfriendly, it was clear that the general had to readjust his expectations of the conversation. "I just brought him home."
At the mention of his name, Harry reluctantly looked towards the general, unprepared to meet his eye. Harry wanted to believe that there was no disappointment in Clingerman's eye, but he also knew that Harry had introduced him to his ex girlfriend at the last military outing Harry had attended before his final tour to Afghanistan. In an attempt to reinforce the charade, Harry's hand tightened around Draco's arm.
"You can however thank me for that life of his," Clingerman added, an attempt to a smile back onto his lips. His eyes left Harry in favour for Draco, to Harry's great relief; his grip immediately relaxed. "It was some operation to get those boys rushed out of that sodding hell-hole; he would've died of sepsis long before he got that stump cut off, had I not been involved."

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 3:15 pm 

“Well, I am indeed very thankful for that,” Draco stated, his arm wrapping around Harry’s waist and pulling him closer. They were standing close already but they were still being very appropriate. It was all about balance, getting these people to believe that Harry and Draco were simply so in love that they could not help it, even if it wasn’t normally appropriate for this kind of event. They had a lot to prove to properly sell this, but Draco was confident in his own ability to sell this, he just had to hope that Harry would be able to keep up with him.
“I would have fixed him up myself if I had known just how important he was going to end up becoming to me,” he stated, finding it dangerously easy to get into this character. It wasn’t something he wanted to think about too much, but he knew that it may cause trouble later on.
“Thanks to you though, I didn’t need to. Glad that we have such a competent military here.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next