All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 11:13 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

For a heartbeat, Harry thought he had blacked out. The little shuffle that was Draco untangling his arm Harry's, only to instead wrap it around Harry's waist with such ease and intent, was enough to completely deafen any and all other senses. For a long moment, the weight of Draco's hand on top of his belted waistband was all Harry was truly aware of, making his heart rate skyrocket.
Draco was still talking, unaffected and correct as ever, as Harry regained a sense of spacial awareness. Blinking the world back into focus, Harry tentatively reciprocated the embrace; his hand settled against Draco's shoulder blade.
Harry felt both flushed and flustered, and he realized that, at least in part, translated to his demeanor. Clingerman's eyes rested on Harry, and Harry saw the slight glimmer of disappointment in the eye of the general; it made Harry want to throw up. But then again, Harry rationalized with a steadied inhale, he figured anybody would be uncomfortable in his situation, regardless of whether or not he was actually dating Draco.
"Well, Draco, it was good meeting you," the general said. Though he was smiling as his eyes returned to Draco, his goodbyes was anything but graceful. "You enjoy him. Lieutenant," he offered Harry with an addition.
"General," Harry replied, his voice dry with lack of use. His smile was almost easy, somewhat reassured that this meant they could now go hide in a corner. "Good to see you again."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:48 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco couldn’t help but grin at the sudden retreat of the general, clearly made uncomfortable by the very loving display by the two men. It felt like victory in a sense, knowing that this was fully allowed from his father, even if he knew that Lucius himself probably wouldn’t be thrilled by it either. Still, this had been his father’s idea and Draco wanted to see how much he would be able to get away with, just by blaming it on the game that Lucius had decided for them to play.
“Thank you, general,” Draco stated with a polite smile, as he stepped away from the general as well, prepared to just circle around a bit and maybe avoid talking too much with people right now,

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:22 pm 

Harry's smile remained, present and polite, until the moment he felt certain the general was completely out of earshot. Then, his expression finally faltered, allowing him to exhale the last dissipating tension in his shoulders. Though his breath was intentionally calm, Harry felt his heart rate continue to quicken.
Still with a trace of restlessness, Harry turned further towards Draco, glancing to look over their shoulders. His mind was still playing catch-up, struggling to even comprehend what had happened. He was looking aimlessly into the crowd, convinced that Clingerman had already confirmed to several other officials what they, undoubtedly, had already suspected.
His hand moved from Draco's shoulder blade to the top of Draco's bicep, in need of the physical confirmation that he was, in fact, not here alone. For a moment, it almost seemed like Harry was going to rest his head against Draco.
"Alright," Harry finally said. His voice was barely there, intended for Draco exclusively.
He turned his head another bit, this time to look at Draco. Slowly, a small smile appeared onto his lips.
"Yeah," he mused, more willfully. Whether his relationship with Draco was fake, Harry bisexuality wasn't, and had been a source of anxiety around his superiors for years. This interaction finally seemed to solidify the fact that Harry would never reenlist, something which he found lifted an unexpected weight off his shoulders.
Finding it too easy to indulge now that he had no repercussions to maneuver, Harry's hand slipped upwards to Draco's shoulder, using it to brace himself as he stretched to plant a genuinely grateful kiss to Draco's jaw.
"That was alright," he grinned, once back on his feet.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:13 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

This was a byproduct of them fake dating that Draco knew his father probably hadn’t even considered. He genuinely had no idea if Harry would want to be active in the military ever again, but he also knew that this entire ordeal could very well work against that happening.
Even if Draco thought a lot of Harry’s reputation, an even louder thought was the way he was touching him, and especially the kiss on his jaw. It felt far too genuine for what they actually were, both of them fully aware of the nature of their relationship.
“Yeah?” He asked in a breathy voice, trying to keep the conversation just between the two of them. A lot of eyes were on them, which was what his father had wanted, but it made it almost impossible to discuss the more delicate details of what they were trying to do. It was all a lot to take in after all and it would have been nice if they had the opportunity to properly talk.
“Wanna head outside for a moment?” He asked, desperate to get away from the stares and the crowded room for just a moment.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:12 pm 

"Yeah," Harry exhaled, gratefully and with such an infliction that it became obvious he hadn’t realized that that was a thing they could do. Rationally, Harry knew they could only be excused so many times, yet he felt like this conversation had warranted them a break.
Despite being mentally at peace with how the conversation with Clingerman had transcribed, his heart was still leaping out of his system. Harry was perfectly aware of the adrenaline coursing through his system, something which was quickly becoming uncomfortable in a situation where he could do little else than to stay put and be on display.
Needing no other encouragement, Harry took half a step backwards, effectively stepping out of the most intimate proximity of the embrace. Harry's hand had sipped from Draco's shoulder to his elbow, before, finally, letting go completely.
"Do you want another glass of wine?" he asked, attention leaving Draco to instead glance around the room, thoughtlessly scanning the crowd for a server. The gesture coming up unfruitful, Harry's eyes yet again found Draco, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. "It's going to be a long night."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:27 pm 

The attentiveness of Harry caught Draco a little aback, not really surprised that Harry was polite and somewhat of a gentleman, but it was still nice to have someone who at least seemed to want to take a little bit care of you.
“That would be lovely, but you don’t need to go through the trouble,” he stated, knowing that Harry wasn’t going to be drinking tonight. He knew that it wouldn’t be too difficult for him to get his hands on a glass of wine, with the waiters constantly swirling around, but it still seemed like too much effort for Harry to go get him a glass.
“Though it so sorely needed.”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:36 pm 

Harry had been thoughtlessly but barely shifting his weight from one leg to another. Now that Harry, for what was probably the first time of the evening, had let go of Draco, he almost felt lopsided. Since their arrival, Harry had yet to put his whole weight of the prosthetic, and he figured he could do for a walk.
It was Draco's addition that brought Harry back to their conversation, eyes refocusing on his pretend boyfriend. Harry's expression having gone blank as he tried to settle himself, a grin now reappeared, finding Draco's words genuinely humourous.
"I'll get you one, then," he promised, grin still tugging at the corners of his mouth. "I wanted to get myself something, anyway."
Harry had gone on, meaning it to reassure Draco that an additional wine glass wouldn't be any bother. It was, however, transparently obvious that Harry hadn't even considered the possibility of a waiter taking his drinks order.
Harry parted his lips, intending on asking Draco for his choice of wine; then, almost immediately, Harry swallowed his words, biting down on the inside of his cheek. For a moment, he grinned, crookedly so and unable to help it at the ridicule of it all.
Scowering his mind for a more inconspicuous way of asking, Harry then offered a more weighted: "So what was it - was this the hotel with the bad Chardonnay?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:08 am 

The question caught Draco a little off guard, mostly because he in the past indeed had complained about the chardonnay at this particular hotel, but Harry had absolutely no way of knowing that. It was only then it dawned on Draco that Harry was playing the part of his loving boyfriend, someone he had been seeing for several years by now.
“Good remembering,” Draco stated, falling into character as well. After all, they were here with a purpose and Draco knew that he was going to have to play his role convincingly. Even if it had next to no actual consequences in his day to day life, he still knew better than to cross his father or potentially call forward his wrath, especially with something like this.
“Yes, this was the bad chardonnay. Please get me the pinot grigio instead,” he added, having found that to be much more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:51 pm 

Harry could tell how the dynamic had shifted, both of them aware of how they were saying things to one another. It wasn't that this interaction was hard to keep up with; they had yet to engage in any conversation that properly tested their act. Harry, however, found that the tenderness had come more effortlessly when he had a hand on Draco.
"Pinot grigio," Harry repeated with a smile, a pointless little gesture more than anything.
His smile widened as he took a step out of the conversation, angling himself as if ready to head towards the bar. His eyes, however, had lingered on Draco, as the smile inevitably grew into a grin. "A glass? A bottle?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:42 pm 

“Let’s start with a glass,” Draco said with a soft smile, finding himself enjoying the soft banter they had going on. It was easy to fall into a simple back and forth, something that proved a huge relief to Draco, seeing as it was easier to sell their relationship in that.
“If you become intolerable I’ll get a bottle,” he added with a crooked grin, figuring that Harry wouldn’t take it too personally.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:23 pm 

While Harry for a moment seemed surprised by that, it soon became evident that he was more humored by the jab than hurt by it. The raised brows were replaced with a toothy grin, making a little face at that, as if reluctantly agreeing.
"I can't blame you," he joked back, already having taken a step out of the conversation. His eyes, however, remained on Draco for another heartbeat, smile faltering theatrically, as he added a hushed, "I'm surprised I was even invited."
With that, Harry set off towards the bar; he made it another few steps before, inevitably, turning to glance over his shoulder, once again meeting Draco's eye, a bright smile on his features, as if finally laughing of his own tease.
The glance and smile were brief but genuine, as Harry eventually had to face forward, excusing himself through the clusters of guests engaged in small talk.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:15 pm 

Caught up in the ease of their banter, Draco didn’t fully realise just how easily Harry made him smile until he found himself wearing a huge smile from the way that Harry was looking back at him. It was probably going to be quite enjoyable to spend as much time with Harry as he was going to need, even if that thought terrified Draco more than anything else.
He was not going to actually fall for his fake boyfriend, no matter how cute and endearing he found him. It was going to be far too busy and he was just going to have to focus on why they were there and what they were going to have to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:31 am 

Even despite the multitudes of servers manervuering around the crowd taking and bringing drinks orders, the bar still seemed packed with guests. As Harry approached, a large portion seemed to be lingering guests, here too gathering in clusters. Some Harry recognized from the organizational level of the military, and another several guests he had passed on his way there, Harry had seen on the news. It was, above anything else, a mouthful.
However, it soon became clear that this was all a practiced ballet. The crowd seemed fluid, allowing Harry a few feet of vacancy to properly approach the bar without any need to excuse himself to get there. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Harry knew he was the only one invited, who was experiencing this for the first time.
The bar staff just as accustomed to the crowd as the antendees themselves, Harry had barely a time to think before a server was asking for his order.
"A pinot grigio and - uh," he stuttered, more out of reflex than out of hesitation. "A ginger ale. Thank you."
The server had barely whisked away, no doubt in search for the soda, before the woman by Harry's side strung up a line of conversation.
"Pardon me, Lieutenant," she started, though there was barely an apology in her voice.
Caught off guard, Harry turned to face her, surprised, finding the rank both too intimate and foreign when used by a stranger. The polite smile eventually returned, some of his surprise still ghosting across his features in a way that almost made him seem humoured.
"Ma'am."
"Are you in active duty?" she continued, polite and with a smile on her lips.
The woman was proper, in any sense of the word, and Harry could tell the intent of her question before she had asked it, suddenly recognizing her. His lips parted in recognition, as if to speak, but she had continued before he got the chance to come her question in advance.
"See, I only ask, thinking I knew all military members Lucius had invited," she added, the joke in her voice making her sound younger than her age. "But I must stand corrected."
"I'm no longer serving, no, Madam Under-Secretary," Harry replied, properly turning into the conversation. His hand remained on the bar top, grounding himself in the task at hand, yet his smile had grown more genuine. The recognition seemed to please the woman, her smile widening.
"I was discharged several years ago, I am here as a guest of the family, " Harry went on, and for a moment, he seemed to hesitate, deciding which tone to take. Eventually, he smiled. "- but this is the only suit I own."
At that, the Ministry of Defence under-secretary laughed, and for all Harry could tell, the laugh had come genuinely. The woman had only been elected secretary after Harry's discharge.
"Well, then it is no surprise I didn't recognize you, Lieutenant Potter," she replied, noting at the embroidered lettering across Harry's coat.
In the mean time, the server had returned with Harry's ginger ale and an empty wine glass; the sight, evidently, made her look twice.
"You're a guest of Lucius'?" she asked, though that hadn't been the way Harry himself had phrased it. As she once again met his eye, her smile hadn't wavered - not by much, at least.
Harry's, however, widened.
"Yes, madam," he said, turning further away from the bar to properly glance across the crowd he had emerged from. How quickly he spotted Draco in the crowd, was enough to made the hairs on Harry's neck stand.
Though Harry's smile was already wide and bright, it almost became boyish, humoured at the theatrics of it all and thrilled to have someone to share the ridicule with, making a familiar gesture in Draco's direction.
"I'm dating Draco Malfoy," he stated, easily as his eyes yet again found the woman by his side.
The secretary, who had been following Harry's line of sight, clearly hadn't put two and two together until Harry had said it out loud. While she had done a spectacular job of keeping her composure over the course of the conversation, her smile completely left her lips. The way her eyes lingered on Draco longer than Harry's did only seemed to confirm that, this time around, the shock hadn't been that Harry was gay - but that Draco was.
When she didn't turn to look at him, Harry too turned to look at Draco; for a moment, Harry seemed like he was all but bursting with laughter.
"Of course," she stumbled, eyes eventually dragging back onto Harry. She, however, seemed to have a hard time focusing on him this time around.
This time, Harry made a point of allowing his gaze to linger, only turning to look at her when he was certain she was looking at him. Once their eyes met, he smiled, thrilled.
"Well, you must excuse me," Harry went on, unaffected. By now, a chilled glass of white wine had appeared onto the bar. He picked both drinks up, before sending her a smile and pleasant parting words.
"I better get going. But I do except to see you again, madam. It was nice meeting you."
She, still appearing startled, attempted to match Harry's smile as he left the bar. "Certainly."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:06 pm 

Despite himself, Draco found his gaze resting on Harry as he went across the room to fetch them their drinks. It was a little thing, but without Harry by his side, Draco couldn’t help but feel a little naked in this huge crowd. Normally, it wasn’t a problem for him to navigate the crowd and figure out how to make himself useful, however now he found that he had no desire to do such things as long as he didn’t have Harry by his side.
This didn’t stop Draco from feeling quite a bit worried when he noticed someone trying to chat Harry up. More than anything else, it was noticing who was chatting Harry up. This was going to be putting some serious strain on this act, knowing that a misstep would have serious consequences.
Yet Draco found that he didn’t worry too much, as soon as he caught Harry’s eyes and Harry smiled at him the way that he did. It caused him to send Harry a matching smile of his own, absolutely thrilled that this act seemed to work as well as it did. And maybe also a little thrilled that Harry thought to look for him like that and wanting to check on him. He tried to convince himself that it was mostly the former and just left it at that, knowing that there was no reason to linger on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:16 am 

As Harry crossed the hall, he couldn't keep a dumb smile off his face. Fully aware of the fact that their charade was at its peak in precisely that instant, Harry was humored beyond expression.
He had no real sense of whether or not the under-secretary was following his movement through the crowd, and Draco's expression didn't give any away; Harry, however, figured it wouldn't be without grounds to assume that she was, in fact, watching.
"I think you just came out to the Under-Secretary of Defense, " Harry observed with a grin as he once again came at a civil distance of Draco.
Though the comment wasn't necessarily out of character for the act, it was still spoken as a private joke. In another context, Harry understood that his words were almost crass, having possibly overshared on Draco's behalf. It, however, felt like they were miles past that boundary.
Harry only stopped when he was properly in front of Draco, probably standing too close considering the two drinks in his hands. The angle forced Harry to tip his chin upward an inch, continuing with a proper tease. "That brings us up to, what - 2 out of 10 Defense officials?"
Still grinning, Harry's eyes dipped, offering Draco the wine glass. "They're gunna have a field day Monday."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:48 pm 

“Oh yeah?” Draco asked as Harry approached him, even if he did think that that had been what had been going on. As he accepted his glass from Harry, he noticed that the under-secretary was still looking at the two of them. It probably shouldn’t be a huge shock to him, knowing that most people at this event, to his own bafflement, assumed that he was straight.
He gently placed his free hand in Harry’s neck, looking down at him and smiling happily as he gently playing with the soft hairs in the nape of his neck. It was mostly for show, wanting to make it absolutely obvious that the two of them were together and that they were not ashamed of it.
“Want to give them even more to talk about on Monday?” He asked with a crooked grin. He didn’t wait for an answer as he leant down to press a quick kiss to Harry’s lips.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:36 pm 

Harry was standing with his back to the bar, but in the back of his mind he knew that the question was prompted becase they had an audience. However, Harry was certain that, if he allowed himself to properly give in to the situation, he could convince himself that this was real. It was the act of returning to Draco's touch and the sincerity of the caress that threatened to tip him over the edge. Harry almost looked boyish, his smile having gone slightly crooked under the intimacy of Draco's attention. Returning the touch, Harry's free hand caught Draco's waist.
Draco's question made Harry's heart skip a beat out of sheer anticipation; grateful that Draco hadn't paused long enough for Harry to have to form an answer, Harry easily stretched to meet the kiss, prolonging it for another few seconds.
Getting to kiss Draco was, quite frankly, dizzying. Once Harry returned to the flats of his feet, his cheeks felt warm in a way that couldn't be feigned for the act. His smile, however, was bright, in the ways of someone who had finally been allowed to **** off his boss.
Steadying himself, Harry's occupied hand, too, found Draco's person. Resting the inside of his wrist against Draco's hipbone, careful to keep the drink as far away from Draco as possible, Harry once again leaned in closer.
"Why, is she still looking?" Harry asked, voice more genuinely humored than teasing. Somewhere in the back of his throat was a laugh forming, and, after a moment of lingering in Draco's immediate space, Harry turned to barely glance over his shoulder.
To anybody around them, the gesture seemed barely purposeful; given the circumstance of their embrace, it was, and highly so. Harry inevitably caught her eye, though this time, his smile didn't dimmer back into politeness.
The glance was, over all, quick, and Harry soon enough returned his full attention to Draco. The realisation of just how close they were standing sent a shiver down Harry's, seeming to emanate from where Draco's hand was resting. The smile, however, remained, as Harry stretched to better meet Draco's line of sight, steadying his weight against him.
"Do you think she's jealous?" Harry asked, muttered but still too loud for it not to be spoken with a clear intent. However, the question was asked rhetorically, and mirroring Draco's approach, Harry stretched the final few inches, once again placing a kiss to Draco's lips.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:23 pm 

Draco didn’t get a chance to answer Harry’s question, which had probably been rather rhetorical in the first place. There was something extremely thrilling about getting to kiss Harry in public, even if he knew that it was all an act. Still, he knew that his father had to be absolutely fuming, but without the ability to do anything to stop this, because this had been his own idea in the first place.
Returning the kiss, fully convincing himself that this was all just for the act, Draco intertwined his fingers in Harry’s hair, pulling him close and just allowed himself to be caught up in the moment. Even under normal circumstances, Draco knew that this was probably being more than a little bit too much, yet he couldn’t find it in himself to want to stop.
Eventually though, the reality of the situation caught up on Draco, knowing that several eyes had to be on them and that they were becoming too much. Using the grip he already had on Harry’s hair, he gently pulled him away as he broke the kiss. It wasn’t a forceful pull, just a gentle reminder that they were very much in public and probably shouldn’t cause a scene on their first public outing.
“Wanna go outside?” he muttered, his voice soft from their shared kiss causing an intimacy in the question that wouldn’t otherwise have been there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:31 am 

For a moment, it wasn't an act. For a long, painful moment, Draco's hand was tight in his hair and Harry's lips were just barely parted, and he felt like he might combust beneath the intimacy of Draco's attention.
The persistent grip around his hair kept Harry on the balls of his feet, his hand still heavy against Draco's waist as he steadied himself. Everything about the interaction was dizzying, Draco's voice so soft Harry could almost believe he had kissed him again. When he eventually relaxed his posture, the tug of his hair sent needles down his spine, before Draco's hand moments after moved with him.
"Yeah," he exhaled, blinking in an attempt to gather himself. In that moment, Harry would have gone anywhere with Draco.
Delayed, a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth, desperately needing to take the edge off the interaction. Harry had every reason to grin - not only was their general situation stupid beyond comprehension, he was ruining himself at a truly alarming rate.
Harry's reply barely came with an action to manifest them into reality. Harry's occupied hand heft Draco's waist, moving the glass another little bit away from them. He, however, made no move to attempt to remove Draco's hand from his hair, dangerously indulging in the caress. "Have you been here before? Do you know where to go?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:01 pm 

Despite what he actually wanted to do, Draco allowed the grip in Harry’s hair to loosen and eventually just let his hand fall. It seemed wrong to no longer be touching Harry, Draco no wanting to think about how easy it was to indulge in Harry and how much he enjoyed it all. It was a dangerous way to think and Draco knew that it was absolutely crucial that he didn’t overstep and instead kept his head in the game.
“Yeah, been here a couple of times,” he said in a soft voice, intertwining his arm with Harry’s, unable to go without touching him for any longer, even if he tried to convince himself that it was simply due to their act. Harry looked far too good for his own good, grinning up at Draco with that boyish grin that took his breath away completely.
“Come on,” he instead said, as he started leading Harry outside. He hoped that the fresh air was going to help clear his head and maybe get him back on track.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next