All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:35 pm 

Medals: 2
Most Helpful Member (1) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Have had this idea sort of niggling in my head all day so I'll throw it in here.

Write a well-known story (e.g. Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, Kaddy's Luck, The Matrix, The Little Mermaid, Star Wars, etc,) from the POV of the antagonist... while keeping the actual story cloaked until the very last line.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:26 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I think anything POV related definitely needs a look into myself. =) By that I mean completely first person writing.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:47 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

A very random idea that I had while talking to some very awesome people @Trever @"Sounds_of_Silence" about Spam, Zombies and Rum... Anyhow the idea:

A contest where in one must write about how to turn some extremely repulsive or random thing into an amazing feast fit for a kings table...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:58 pm 

Ooooh looks like there hasn't been a contest in a long time. Writing contests on different topics? Sounds fun.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

View Likes PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:47 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

There use to be this activity my creative writing teacher would talk about for when we want to develop an idea/story. The "Elevator Scene" in a sense. Since Lily above was talking about a writing contest, why don't we do a pitch idea where the person needs to write an Elevator Scene between two characters.

Generally, this means that there are two characters stuck in an elevator together for an hour or so. They could be sworn enemies, best friends, complete strangers. Doesn't matter. The contestants have to write maybe at least a paragraph? Or longer if they want, to show what happens in that hour or so. Anything could happen and the creativity is limitless!

Once the contestants have their scene written out and applied to the contest, then other members get to pick which ones are their favorite, like a poll. Maybe?

I'm honestly just thinking up random ideas for this one so feel free to match other choices, I just thought it would be a good writing contest.

Oh, oh. Also! Other writing contest ideas:

Logline and Pitch (stolen from my screewriting class): Your logline is one sentence that shows what your story is about. Here are some of the Top Box Office examples of loglines: http://www.filmdaily.tv/logline/top-box-office-logline-examples. Then your Pitch which is a paragraph pretty much describing the plot/flow of the story. Here's kind of the gist of both of them in a nutshell: https://www.moviepitcher.com/sample-movie-tv-show-pitch-form/. After a contest writes their logline and pitch to their idea, we have a poll for members to vote which one they like better. Maybe?

Naming contest: I don't know if I'm the only one, but I struggle horribly with titles when it comes to creating a RP. I got an idea, but no name to add to it. What about a contest where we have three or more basic RP ideas, and contestants suggest different titles for one or all of them and then people can vote which one they like best?

Non-writing ideas:
Sharing pet photos: So I have a dog. I love my dog. I love taking pictures of my dog. I want to share pictures of my dog. This may have actually been done before? But who wouldn't want to share more pictures of their pets?! Then people can vote on which is cutest or funniest or whatever. I just want to share a picture of my dog!

I may have more later... =D

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:19 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

I HAVE ANOTHER IDEA!

Ahem. A resume/RP profile competition.

That's right. We make fancy and awesome Member Listings resumes and RP profiles and we compete to see who is the most likled/awesomest one ever!!

(This idea came from the inspiration of some amazing RP resumes I've ever seen.)

PLEASE! I REALLY WANNA DO THIS! (Plus it will bring me so much inspiration so I can fix up my resume)

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:20 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

I think this would be a cool idea!

I get jealous whenever I see one so nicely presented.

Maybe it could be tied in with some kind of coding contest thing as well?

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:09 am 

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Maybe have different categories for the contest? Best theme? Most unique? Most representative of person? Etc?

"Aster: Semi-master of Procrastination and Sage of Multitasking" ~ Yue
"Step aside Doctor Who, we have Asterous now~" ~ PaperMoon

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:16 am 

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to

Owner

Location: Within the darkest recesses of your mind, plucking at your heartstrings.
Medals: 8
Dedicated Partner (1) Creative (1)
Blog: View Blog (15)

Just posting here to say these ideas have been seen.

If I were to start running contests again, would people participate? Please react with a "like" on this one post to let me know if you would actually submit something for them.