All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:01 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Right. I meant when it comes down to it I will accept sacrifice." Daryn says covering up his misunderstanding of the situation. He stops at the locker of suits and examines them and the materials they are made out of. He turns to Sarah and asks, "whats your plan boss?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:26 am 

With external sensors still down, the only thing we can do is send an away team to scout the planet below and hope that if there are natives they are nice and allow us to mine for the materials needed, Or we can try and fabricate a good enough bypass and attempt to jump back to earth for repairs, And hope whatever happened doesn’t repeat.” Sarah would say looking back and forth from Dayrn to the engineer.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:27 am 

Sensing Sarah's indecision might spread a panic to the lead engineer and to the rest of the crew. Daryn quickly comes up with an almost manipulative plan to force his way into action. He faces his boss as he proposes, "Captain, may I be relieved from here to prepare an exploration party to search the planet for the materials we need?" Daryn himself wondered if he would be eating his steak at anytime tonight, today? He had already lost his sense of day and night not to long into their voyage. He checked his watch 1934 UMF standard time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:43 pm 

You’re relieved. Looks like we are stable, everything seems to be functional or being repaired as we speak, Minus the FrameShift. we can chart the Planet in the morning, For now let's try and finish our rudely interrupted dinner and attempt to get some rest before the next step.” Sarah would say feeling the situation is resolved. As she turns to face the exit. “I am going back to the mess to hopefully get dinner, I suggest you do the same, I am sure the crew who didn’t eat yet are very hungry.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:16 pm 

"As you wish Captain." Daryn says turning to the door and following her to the officer's mess. Before long the rest of the important officers filed into the room as the disaster came under control. While he waited for his food he wrote down a list of preparations that his night shift crew will be assigned to make so that he could take a team planet side first thing in the morning. As he was finishing his list his meal arrived. His dissatisfaction was immeasurable, a well done, no burnt steak. He quietly motioned for the waiter and asked him who made the steak in a whisper. After he dismissed the waiter he pulled a little booklet out of his coat pocket quickly wrote something down and returned it to its place. He grabbed a bottle of ketchup and doused the abomination in the gloppy red substance before eating it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:56 pm 

Sarah would look at Daryn drowning his steak in ketchup before looking at her own meal seeing it severely over cooked most likely due to the accident distracting people. She would proceed to toss it in the garbage, and would return to her quarters after stopping in the crew’s mess and picking up an order of french fries to snack on in her room.
She goes to her terminal and brings up all the sensor logs from the point they entered the jump until after the emergency drop out. She replays the logs and the data over and over and over again. She stops it right before the computer registers trouble, and backs it up, frame by frame. Her eyes Open wide before downloading the data to a table, she hits her comm-link. ” Daryn, Can you report to my Quarters when you have a second?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:40 pm 

"I am on my way captain." Daryn says rousing himself from the stack of paperwork that had manifested itself on his desk during the emergency and dinner. As he left his room he looked back at his desk as he got the light switch. He groaned at neat orderly pile hoping beyond hope that it would be gone when he got back. He walked down the hall and entered Sarah's room after knocking on her door to be let in. He calmly said, "you wanted to see me boss?"

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:48 am 

Sarah Hands Daryn the tablet with the downloaded logs on it. “You said you are looking into possible sabotage, I think I Found it.” As Daryan reviews the logs in playback, it shows the maintenance lockout was overridden, and the exterior Plasma Shielding Opens exposing one of the main Plasma Conduits and Power distribution nodes for the FTL Engines allowing one of the energy discharges to hit it directly and overloading the grid. “Find out who’s authorization code was used, find the saboteur.” Sarah says to Daryn.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:52 pm 

Daryn grabs the data tablet with his hands. Wearing his uniform gloves he is careful not to disturb the places she pressed and touched. He replied, "Understood. I will begin my investigation here and follow the evidence wherever it leads. May I take the table back to my office to transfer the data to my computer terminal for cross referencing?" He asks quietly hoping to be able to lift her fingerprints from it to confirm his suspicions.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:42 pm 

After Sarah leaves to go back to her quarters. Daryn proceeds to lift the finger prints from the data pad. He is successful at lifting the print however the print is damaged from Sarah's hard life and multiple injuries to her hands and fingers. When Daryn Tries to Run the print he receives 14 different possible ID’s all around 45-52% matches… including both Sarah Steiner and Bilinger, but also a couple other women and men.
Meanwhile, Sarah in her quarters, got changed into her sleeping wears and got as comfortable as possible in the cheap bedding that was provided and went to sleep.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:10 am 

Daryn puts efforts to nail on Sarah on the back burner when faced with this road block. The apparent failure of the analysis software meant that he would have to analyze the fingerprints manually. He knew he could at least throw out over half of the possible IDs which were men and the two which were described as "colored" not really knowing the current definition due to the many times it had changed over his lives. That only three individuals with the incomplete match and he decided to leave it at that and return to his actual assigned task. Finding the perpetrator of the sabotage through the use of the access code was beyond simple. He quickly searched the ship's database which pulled up one of the crew members in engineering. Now done with the tablet having saved the finger print he lifted to a micro-drive which he his in a tiny nook he carved into his desk.