All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:02 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Feeling Kira's shock of being swarmed by the crowd over her own pleasure at being in the center Sabina decides to act. As Kira starts to worm her way out of the crowd Sabina grabs her. Kira suddenly sees the world as Sabina does when she is invisible. The shadowy forms of the crowd scatter from the two girls as they are astonished at their sudden disappearing act. "Don't Kira I've got you." Sabina comfortingly whispers in Kira's ear. Sabina leads Kira to the corner of the overhang next to the door and she backs off from Kira but still holds onto her hand hoping to give her some space. Sabina quietly says to Kira after the noise of the crowd dissipates, "Its really hard but I can make other people disappear if I hold on to them."

"Fair enough. I anticipate that today will be busy for all of us. I wonder when Karina will get here." Casey says turning towards the Federal building and beginning to walk towards it with a quick pace. Casey smiles as he sees Sabina and Kira disappear from sight but Casey can see them through his thermal sensor overlaid in his mind. "Your soon to be Cadet will be quite the agent some day." He says before coming into the girl's earshot. He walks up to the door and motions toward them to follow.

It wasn't long before Casey and Aimpoint were at the door of the federal building. In fact the whole incident had taken less than five minutes. With Casey's motion to follow Sabina stopped making both Kira and herself invisible. The world returned to its normal shades and colors the eyes of the girls as her powers ceased. Letting go Kira's hand Sabina skipped away from her. She turned her head smiling at Kira and she couldn't hide the fact that she was blushing slightly. Sabina quickly turned her head back to the super agents waiting at the door.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:25 pm 

Kira felt Sabina grab hold of her before the world as she knew it disappeared and was replaced by a glaringly bright, white haze as far as she could see. The crowd around them were now writhing shadows, black blotches against a background white illumination. Panic rose in Kira and she quickly looked down at herself, relieved to still resemble her normal self. Her feet seemed to almost hover over the ground, like an actor poorly placed in a computer-generated environment. Everything was overwhelmingly bright, aglow with a sourceless light. The rising feeling of fear in Kira was somewhat abated as Sabina spoke in her ear. Kira spun, a question already forming on her lips, but the breath caught in her throat and her jaw almost hit the floor.

Sabina radiated light, her skin aglow with a lustrous sheen. Her hair waved about as though caught in the wind, sparkling and shimmering with a heavenly aura. Sabina’s eyes were vivid supernovae of luminous brightness, their pupils ablaze with dancing light. She was beautiful, her already striking features now bearing a strikingly ethereal aura. For a long moment, Kira was speechless, eyes wide and transfixed by the vibrant vision of Sabina standing before her.

Sabina led Kira, still transfixed by her otherworldly appearance, near the door. The radiant girl backed away, still gently holding Kira’s outstretched hand. Even as Sabina explained her ability, Kira was still enthralled.
“Thanks,” was all Kira managed to say.

When two shadows neared, and the world returned to normal, Kira saw Casey and Aimpoint had arrived. She glanced back at Sabina, who was also returned to normal and skipped away.
Kira followed them into the building, amazed.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:38 pm 

"Maddox if you are going to carry your revolver you need to conceal it better or carry it openly. In fact I would prefer it if you carried it openly. Casey says to Maddox in a displeased tone handing him a metal badge as he walked in the door of the building. Casey kept a brisk pace going to his temporary office just down the hallway from Aimpoint's office. On a shelf in Casey's office were a few first and second place trophies for a variety of different national and state level shooting competitions nest to a small picture of his family from when he was a small boy. Casey hands a small stack of paper work to Maddox with the implication being that Maddox needs to fill it out. Casey says, "Maddox I expect a lot from you in the coming months. I am sure with your help I can finally put your family's cold case to rest. Aimpoint is hardly a thorough investigator. Being deputized does not make you above the law either, in fact it makes you become held to a much higher standard."

With Maddox left to do his work Casey motions to Kira to follow him and he walks down the hall following signs for "Cadet induction". Casey walks into the room and turns on the lights revealing an almost lab setting filled with all kinds of equipment for determining the proper equipping of a cadet based on their powers. Determining the extent of one's powers and physical abilities. The air in the room was stale and dusty. The machines looked about a decade old but were in excellent condition. Casey opens a cabinet on the wall and pulls out a large dusty manual and begins reading through it at a break neck pace. While reading Casey explains, "It looks like it has been about a year since we've had new cadets come through Scarlet City. The machines are designed to evaluate most power sets and it looks like yours will be able to be evaluated just fine. This part of the process will be about making sure the clothes you are equipped as a cadet uniform aren't destroyed by your powers. After this we will go to the Army base several miles from here and we will explore the training facilities we will be using. That will be the safest place for you to practice with your powers. Casey turns to the largest machine in the room after he finishes reading the "Induction Manual" and activates the machine. The machine awakens from its slumber and begins a series of self checks before being ready to process Kira. Casey says when the machine is ready and its chamber opens with an empty chair inside, "if you feel uncomfortable at any time holler and I will stop it. These machines have evaluated hundreds of supers across the country and there hasn't been any incidents where the occupant was injured."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:09 pm 

“Alright,” Kira said quietly, still eying all the curious devices around the room. She had hardly said a thing since entering the building. Kira set down her backpack phones, and heading a small sign on the chamber doors, kicked off her shoes before entering. The machine was large, and on the interior looked to be slightly larger than a toilet stall, illuminated by lights that cast a harsh azure blue within the chamber. Both interior and exterior were covered in a decidedly medical looking off-white plastic casing. The doors slowly swung shut behind Kira who tentatively walked to the chair and sat down. With a final clamping noise the doors to the chamber were closed, leaving Kira in an eerie silence. The chamber was mostly plain, save for three metal strips that ran around the roughly cube shaped chamber’s walls at three different levels.
Sitting in the chair, Kira could see through a pair of thick transparent panels into the room beyond where Casey stood. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat as the sound of machines in the walls became audible. A soft hum took the place of silence, soon joined by a few pops and groans of servos firing to life. Three louder bangs sounded in the confined chamber and Kira felt a faint heat touch her skin. The heat built, eventually becoming a mildly unpleasant itch. She figured she was supposed to ignore it so just closed her eyes and gritted her teeth. The itch rose in intensity, prickly heat darting all over her body. Kira involuntarily started to writhe in her seat, just as the itch seemed to increase in intensity until her skin seemingly vibrated with a constant hot sensation.
“Oh!” Kira gasped as the feeling now became familiar. Her hand darted to her right sleeve and she pulled it up. Sure enough her wrist was crisscrossed by the same lines of energy that formed when she activated her power. Anxiety began to surge its way into her chest, worried that her powers were activating. However, just as suddenly as the feeling had arrived, it disappeared. The itch was still there, but it too began to gradually decrease. A few bangs and whines from the machine around her seemingly signalled the end of the procedure.
The doors unsealed with a thud and slowly opened. A wave of fresh air hit Kira’s face. She rubbed at her face as she stood up, finding it damp with sweat. She left the chamber, trying to make it appear like she wasn’t rushing to get out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:32 am 

“Right, Well my weapon is usually secured in my Armor, I don’t have to worry about concealing it.” Dominic says before receiving the metal badge. “Does this mean I work for you or the FSA….” Before he could finish his sentence Casey Slaps Dominic with the stack of paperwork. “UGH! Why paperwork?”

“I have been staying under the local Laws Radar just fine in my alleyways. Before that meeting with you and Thorne that is.” Dominic continues as he grabs a nearby pen and starts with the papers that Casey had given him.

Dominic's earpiece would light up. “Repairs to the armor are complete, awaiting extra components for the upgrades.” Jack would say to Dominic as he finished with the paperwork. He would leave the papers on Casey's desk and wait for him to complete with his cadet to see if there was anything else he needed to talk about.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:05 pm 

Casey reads the codes from the machine writing them down on a form sheet for the agency's formal paperwork archive. To Casey's surprise the machine bangs and whines to a stop and opens as the process is concluded. As Kira steps out of the machine Casey motions her over to follow him through a door entitled "Out fitting." The room beyond the door could be described as something between a small clothing store and a small warehouse. There the cadet uniforms were divided by the fabric they were made out of. Casey holding the sheet with all of Kira's measurements and the "ideal" fabric type. Casey walks over to an aisle labeled "Flame Resistant" and walks past the first two sections military style dark gray uniforms. Casey stops at where the uniforms as shorts and short sleeve blouses are in Kira's measurements. Pulling four pairs of both shorts and short sleeve blouses from the shelves Casey then hands the folded apparel to Kira. Walking back to a shelf next to the door Casey pulls a pack of black socks and a pack ten uniform tee shirts of the same dark grey color however made of an appropriate material for an undergarment compared to the rougher fabric of the outer portion of the uniform. Casey explains as he is going through the motions, "In here is probably a couple million dollars worth of wasted tax payer money. Although these could easily just be second hand military uniforms dyed to the Agency's specifications. You are going to get shorts and a short sleeve version to reduce the chance of it getting shredded by your powers. That being said if you do damage them we can just have them switched out. You will wear these whenever you train and until you graduate the cadet program.

Casey walks to the other side of the door and pulls a box with military style boots in Kira's exact size and offhandedly says, "If these are uncomfortable at first don't worry they are supposed to be until are broken in." Casey texts Maddox that he is released for the day and explains that he needs to be ready at all times for a call. Casey then walks back the way they came to his office passing Aimpoint and Chameleon on the way. Casey quickly checks the paper work done by Maddox. While doing so he says, "you can set your uniforms down in here. I will show you around the rest of the building and the important parts of it. Casey then walks out the door and begins showing Kira around the whole building.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:56 pm 

“Oh, cool.” Kira said, placing the bundle of new clothes down on a spare seat in Casey’s office along with her bag. She turned and followed him, trailing a little behind as they walked through the generic corridors of the Federal Building office areas. They briefly passed the waiting room where Kira and her brother, Sam, spent hours in the wake of her kidnapping.
Casey showed Kira the various departments, seemingly made up of an endless maze of office spaces and meeting rooms where federal personnel busily bustled around with piles of paperwork. The building was the hub of federal law enforcement operations for the area, coordinating with agents on the ground as well as FSA assets to combat the surge of crime engulfing the country.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:10 pm 

The tour ends at a room with a podium he stands behind it and addresses his soon to be cadet, "Kira, please stand stand on one of the marks on the floor. I will administer you the oath of the Federal Super Agency. He motions with his hand to one of the marks on the floor shaped like a pair of feet when someone is standing at attention. As soon as Kira is in place Casey begins, I, Kira Ziegler, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the constitution and citizens of the United States against all enemies both foreign and domestic; I will use my powers only to benefit the citizens of the same; bearing true faith and allegiance to the same. I will save the lives of others even at the cost of my own life and will adhere to the regulations of the Federal Super Agency. So help me God."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello daddy." Karina says smiling at the Polish man after the grumpy officer had left. The old man stands up to greet one of his creations saying, "Hello Karina. Would you like to get lunch with me?" Kira walks over to the old man with white hair and aged grey eyes that were once a brilliant blue. He stands up with surprising vigor. He kicks of his office slippers and puts on his shoes heading for the door with his "daughter". On the walls of his office are numerous awards in the fields of medicine, biology and genetics. In a frame there is a picture of his family when he was a young kid from some time in the nineteen fifties. Karina says to her father as they are walking towards the door, "That would be great dad. Would you like to go to your favorite one in town?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:51 pm 

Kira stood in front of Casey, suddenly feeling small in the spacious room. She shuffled her feet, thankful there was no audience. Holding her hands behind her back, Kira fidgeted with her shaking hands as an irrational surge of nerves washed over her. She focused her gaze on the podium as Casey recited the oath, and Kira echoed it back to him.
“I, Kira Ziegler,” She started shakily, “do solemnly swear that I will support and defend,” Kira’s mouth was suddenly dry and she swallowed loudly before continuing, pronouncing each word clearly with a slow, deliberate rhythm.
”The constitution and citizens of the United States against all enemies both foreign and domestic”. She took a breath.
“I will use my powers only to benefit the citizens of the same; bearing true faith and allegiance to the same.” She said, her voice clear and strong.
“I will save the lives of others even at the cost of my own life and will adhere to the regulations of the Federal Super Agency. So help me God." Kira finished confidently, and smiled. She looked up, and seemed happier than Casey had ever seen her.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:00 am 

As Kira finished her oath of induction Casey smiled seeing her spirits rise. Casey walked down from the podium and up to Kira. He offered his hand to her and as she shook it said, "Congratulations you are a Cadet now. Your training starts tomorrow. Now remember to get plenty of rest today, tomorrow will be one of the most intense day of training. We will be training inside of the gym here." Casey walks back to his office and sits down at his desk seeing to the rest of his work for the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:36 pm 

Shortly after the brief tour, Casey settled down in his office to deal with a mountain of paperwork that seemingly doubled over the course of her visit. Kira departed the Federal Building, but before she left, Casey handed Kira a duffle bag for the new training clothes and boots, which she stuffed inside and slung over one shoulder. As she walked through the building from Casey’s office to the exit, Kira couldn’t help but observe an intense, almost frantic energy around the offices and working spaces of the Federal Building. Everyone seemed so busy. Phones rang, keyboards clicked and stacks of paper were set down with such frequency that if she listened long enough, Kira could swear they made the beat of some fanatic rhythm. Everything seemed to be rising towards a fever pitch, a kettle howling ever closer to a crescendo as the whole city and country seemingly approached boiling point.
Kira let out a breath she hadn’t realised she was holding as she stepped out of the building. The tense, stuffy atmosphere was gone and as she walked out onto the sunny street, Kira could forget about life's worries, for a while at least.

The train rattled as it trundled away from the towering buildings of Scarlet City centre. The windows were open, a cool breeze washing over Kira who sat alone on a seat. The train wasn’t too busy, but a smattering of passengers mostly silently waited or quietly talked amongst themselves. Kira scrolled through her phone, pausing for a moment at a gif that was taken from one of Mongrel’s fights. Kira’s earphones hung from the collar of her hoodie, and she absent mindedly sipped from a takeout coffee cup. The bag of her new gear lay between her feet, which kept it from rolling on the smooth floor. When the train eventually came to a stop at the station nearest her home, Kira hauled herself up on a metal support pole, stowed away her phone and adjusted her sweatpants self consciously with a glance towards the nearest passengers. Most stayed seated, ignoring the teenager as she hoisted up the duffle bag and stepped off the train.
As she walked home, Kira’s mind flitted back to the embarrassing scene outside the Federal Building, as well as Sabina’s angelic appearance when she rescued Kira from the crowd. She presumed she had also been fitted with training clothes, although judging by how easily Sabina had made both herself, as well as Kira invisible while wearing their ordinary clothes, Kira supposed that no additional durability would have to be factored in. As for Aimpoint, Kira had only heard of him by reputation. He was apparently very good at what he did. She was glad she had Casey as her mentor. In any case, Kira looked forward to seeing Sabina again tomorrow, as well as finally beginning her training as a cadet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:14 pm 

Sabina skipped through the Scarlet City Federal building as Aimpoint took her to the diagnosis room. The machine evaluated her and she felt compelled to turn invisible by the mechanics of the machine. The whirring and hum of the machine left her feeling unease until the procedure was over. The measurements of the machine displayed on the screen for Aimpoint as she eagerly left its confines. She closely followed Aimpoint to the room with the stockpile of uniforms. The machine had oddly enough spat out a code for static resistant apparel to be issued to Sabina. She wondered if the standardized uniform would fit her exceptional figure properly. Sabina had no time to try it on as Aimpoint took her through the tour the same as Casey had with Kira.

Arriving to the room of the oath Aimpoint led her through the oath which she repeated monotonously, "I, Sabina Krakowitz, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the constitution and citizens of the United States against all enemies both foreign and domestic; I will use my powers only to benefit the citizens of the same; bearing true faith and allegiance to the same. I will save the lives of others even at the cost of my own life and will adhere to the regulations of the Federal Super Agency. So help me God." As she finished the oath her tone picked up at the end as she realized what it meant to her and her eyes brightened. She was ready for her duty to be seen by the public.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:19 pm 

“Well then,” Aimpoint said, stepping out from behind the small podium. “You’re all set to begin tomorrow morning.” His dark eyes studied Sabina for a moment, a puzzled look briefly playing over his face before it returned to its usual grim and serious expression. He walked past her, motioning for her to follow.
“We’re all done, so you can get the gear you left in my office and get outta here,” He told her as they walked back through the building towards his office which was two floors above them. “Of course, you could also stay and help me with some paperwork to get a real taste of our work. After that I’m grabbing some grub. You choose.” He said disinterestedly as they rode an elevator. He absent-minded re-tucked his flannel shirt into his belt, rolled his neck and straightened up as they neared their destination floor. He seemed to carry a constant tension in his body, his back and shoulders were taught and his neck ever so slightly hunched forward. His arms barely swung as he walked, his right hand constantly hovering near the holstered Glock 17 at his waist.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:22 pm 

"Oh, um. I think I will pass for today." Sabina says as she skips away Aimpoint with her duffel bag in her arms. She reaches the street warmed by the sun and spots Kira at a coffee stand getting a drink. Sabina smiled as approached and thought, "time to get some real practice." Making herself invisible she quietly began to follow Kira dodging people walking up and down the sidewalk. Being completely invisible her vision was blurred and wavering. She usually counteracted this side effect by allowing her eyes to be visible but that made her easier find. She embraced her full power which was easier but she had never done it longer than a few minutes at a time. She remembered to set her watch to time how long she could stay invisible for.

Sneaking onto the train just as the doors were closing she positioned herself to see the blur she thought was Kira. She made her eyes visible and allowed herself to see again, it was Kira. "Down periscope." Sabina thought as she made her eyes invisible again. As the slow light rail train trundled along and the time spent using her powers increased her perception. Seeing differences between the blurs that represented the people around her. Kira's blur became like a deep purple while the blurs of the others differentiated into other dim colors instead of the shades of black she was accustomed too. Sabina wondered in the slow but sudden change in her sight and she looked out the window wondering where along the train route she was on. Seeing nothing distinguishable she returned her gaze to Kira.

The train eventually trundled to a stop and Kira stood up and got off presumably at her station taking her bag. Sabina followed her once again just barely missing the closing auto doors. Following Kira down the road about half way to her house Sabina suppressed a giggle and grabbed a nut that had dropped from a tree growing on a lawn. She picked up a few and began by lightly tossing one at Kira. She then quietly but quickly ran to another spot and threw another nut lightly at Kira and repeated this a few times until she couldn't suppress her giggling and losing her composure she revealed herself to Kira outright laughing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:44 pm 

Kira let out an involuntary scream and nearly fell over in shock when someone appeared out of thin air. A reflexive surge of power rose inside Kira before she could even process the identity of the individual before her or, in fact, take any conscious actions at all. Even as she flinched and recoiled, Kira’s light blue eyes flashed with fiery power and glowing light blue veins of energy shot across her skin in a criss-cross pattern. In less than an instant, images of her kidnapping months ago played in her mind, that same sense of fear washing over her once again. Her muscles rigid and skin tingling with electric power, on the precipice of releasing an instinctive blast of energy, recognition finally dawned and Kira gasped in comprehension.
“Sabina?” Kira demanded, the fog in her shocked brain finally parted, replaced by a wave of rising anger. “What the hell are you doing?” Kira shouted hoarsely, her normally meek demeanor replaced by uncharacteristic rage even as her eyes seemed to burn even brighter with contained energy. She took a stiff step towards Sabina, wisps of smoke beginning to rise from her clothes beneath which her skin smouldered with her growing power. The air around Kira was heating even as she grew closer to Sabina, growing uncomfortably hot in the blink of an eye. Heat radiated from her glowing form, and her hair began to rise and flutter around her face which was unrecognisable and twisted in anger.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:30 pm 

"Playing a friendly prank on you? I am really sorry if I scared you." Sabina says quickly sensing Kira's complete one eighty in demeanor and becoming very apologetic. Sabina barely knew of Kira's temperament but had assumed that she wouldn't mind a simple bit of fun. Sabina was checking around her for an escape route in case she would have to duck and run. She had never seen Kira worked up over anything before and she usually saw Kira around since she lived only a few blocks past Kira's house. Sabina almost never walked the same route as Kira since she was most often driven home by her parents.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:31 pm 

Kira took another step towards Sabina, a dangerous flame in her eyes. Her body shook with contained power, and the tendrils of power began to shine and glow through her hoodie and sweatpants.
“A friendly prank?” Kira growled through a clenched jaw, eying the girl in front of her. It occurred to Kira now, as she looked at the apologetic face in front of her, that she should have never withdrawn from her powers years ago. Why deny herself this feeling. Here she was, staring at someone who was normally the antithesis of Kira. The likes of Sabina always sat at the centre of attention, lapping up the admiring gaze of her peers while Kira remained on the edges - on the outside. People like Sabina loved to play friendly pranks, but that was just an excuse. Kira was sure that the bullies that once drove her to unleashing her powers years ago would probably say that they were just pulling a friendly prank. After that incident, Kira shut away her powers, seldom letting them see the light of day. But things are different now, Kira thought. Very different. The raging storm building inside Kira felt so good. Even the hot, tingling current that charged her skin was europhic. Thoughts racing inside her mind, Kira couldn’t help but conclude that those bullies, all those years ago, deserved much worse than what she had dealt them. Countless incidents at school, and even her kidnapping, could have been avoided if she had just taught them all a lesson. And it felt so good to be the one on this end of things for a change.
She neared Sabina, the firestorm barely held inside, almost spilling out. But then, it seemed as though a cold breeze blew over Kira’s hot, fiery skin.. Sabina looked left and right - for a way to escape - and Kira recognised that look. The fire in her eyes ebbed away and the heat and fire disappeared in an instant. The wind played over her pale face, and Kira’s eyes trembled in confusion. She felt as though she had woken from a dream - one of the those dreams that seemed to last for years. The all encompassing feeling of power, pleasure and certainty was now gone. She felt hollow and disoriented.
“I - I don’t know what just…” Her voice trembled when she spoke, and she trailed off just as soon as she started. Kira took an unsteady step backwards, then another, then collapsed to sit on the edge of the sidewalk, her head in her hands.
“I’m sorry. You’re right, you just scared me.” She said softly, a faint smell of burnt fabric rose from her singed clothes. “I’m sorry”, she breathed, overcome with embarrassment and worry and regret.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:08 pm 

The fear in Sabina's grew as she saw the emanation of Kira's powers. Backing slowly away as Kira's anger glowed on her skin Sabina tripped and fell backward throwing her bag behind her. Landing on her back she inched her way back away from the illuminated teenage girl burning with anger. Seconds felt like hours and Sabina found that her powers wouldn't activate. Suddenly everything seemed to wind down and Kira spoke again, “I - I don’t know what just…”

Sabina found herself astonished that Kira hadn't raised her hand to smite Sabina into a red puddle. Seeing Kira waver Sabina jumped up using her agility from being the lead cheerleader at their school. Wrapping her arms around Kira she helped her to sit on the sidewalk. Sitting on the sidewalk with Sabina, Kira softly spoke “I’m sorry. You’re right, you just scared me. I’m sorry.”

As it seemed Kira was on the verge of sobbing Sabina spoke in a comforting voice similar to the one she often used to comfort her baby brother at times, "It's alright, I am sorry I scared you. I didn't think that I would've scared you with just a few nuts." Sabina picks a nut off the ground and shows it to Kira. The nut was strangely ripe despite it being early summer and the tree was far from its biome on the west coast. At the foot of the tree covered in dirt was a small brass placard that described the tree but the words were only barely legible due to the age of the metal plate. The only fragments of words that could be easily made out from where Sabina and Kira were sitting were, "Washi-, Bureau o-, Cry-, -ology." Sabina paid no attention to that strange tree as it had been there since long before she was born.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:40 am 

Kira didn’t know what had come over her. She felt tired now, hunched on the sidewalk while Sabina sat reassuringly close and held her. Kira knew she had scared the other girl, that much was clear. Even more so, however, Kira had terrified herself. The fear had only come after, however. The outburst felt amazing, comforting even, as Kira had almost become overwhelmed by the sudden onset of rage and that seemed like an answer to all the fear and frustration inside of her. All that was now replaced by guilt and confusion. She didn’t know why she had reacted so irrationally, so dangerously. Perhaps it was because of the stupid nuts hitting her. The incident had only lasted a few seconds, but it had seemed so much longer. It seemed to Kira as though the wonderful feeling of fire coursing through her veins lasted forever, slowly edging closer to unleashing a scorching blast upon Sabina.
"It's alright, I am sorry I scared you. I didn't think that I would've scared you with just a few nuts,” Sabina said, picking up a nut and holding it in front of the distraught Kira even as tears began to well in her bright blue eyes.
“Oh…” Kira mumbled quietly. She reached out a shaking hand and gently took the nut from Sabina. The glowing blue veins that had crisscrossed her body moments before had now faded to cold white lines, still etched across her wrist, hand and fingers as she turned the nut over in her fingers. Even as she did this, the lines seemed to be gradually fading away. Elsewhere on her hand and exposed wrist, however, there was still scarring from the showdown with Garrison. Those marks were nastier, raised scars, still uncomfortable looking and perhaps made worse by the recent use of her power - despite not even releasing any blasts. They didn’t stand out enough to be noticed at a glance, but now that Sabine was so close to her hand they were very obvious.
“I didn’t even know you threw these,” Kira said softly, a tear slowly running down her right cheek. She realised that Sabine must have taken the same train here, and been near her the whole time as she walked. “But I’m the one that should be sorry. Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself when you fell?” She asked, her voice quivering with concern. Her head was still bowed, her eyes darting from place to place on the back tarmac street in front of them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:30 pm 

After taking forever to get all the pieces together, Dominic has assembled all the missing components and returns to his lab and has Jack begin the modification to the armor as well as enough material to synthesize a full thorium fuel cell, unlike the spare one he had lying around for the test run. He would then retire to his room upstairs of his lab and would put on the local news, and keep his phone nearby knowing that the FSA isn’t fully finished with him. Dominic Watches the local weather and was surprised that they had nothing abnormal to report with crime in the city still mostly not under control. Dominic would fall asleep for a short nap, with the TV on as the news continues.

Meanwhile in the Train yards of Scarlet city, a man with a Dark colored Hoodie steps off the Midday arrival from the next town over. As he passes through the train station he pulls out his small tablet and pulls up a file with a picture of what looks like a rich and successful man, giving a name of the company he is working for and a name age and known hangouts. And on the bottom of the page it says contract target and a price of 36 thousand. He would close the tablet and put it away as he approached the customs check area.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next