All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:09 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

"Hah... hah... hah... Damn these bastards!" Francis leaned against a tree, out of ideas, and out of breath. He knew if he didn't do something they'd find his home, and he'd have to move again and start the search over from square one. "If only I had a little more time to—what was that?"

A few feet away he heard a yelp from someone, decidedly male, and against his better judgment, he went to check it out. what he found was a young woman being cornered by a hunter, and another man lying unconscious on the ground.

"****ing! You're min-HEY!"

Francis had removed his red ball from his coat and rolled it towards the hunter, where it became a large boulder and hit him squarely in the back, causing him to drop his weapon. as he turned, all he saw was a small fox, that walked over to him and promptly bit into his leg.

"YEOWCH! I'll be back, you hear me?" the hunter limped away, and Francis turned to leave... but then he thought about it. Why were hunters trying to kill a human woman in the first place, and why did he care at all? he turned to the woman and as if to say 'follow me' he winked and scampered off into the woods.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:36 pm 

Cer ran as hard as she could. Her heart was pounding with her footfalls. She was breathing raggedly, suggesting that she was pushing towards her limits. The hunters were relentless however,always seeming to find her and keep up no matter how fast she ran.

Her fingers grasped the hilt of the dagger on her right side, the rubber grip instantly pushing her fear away. She always felt safe with these. Soon fingers grazed her shoulder. She pivoted on her right foot, lashing out with the sharp blade, then kept running even as she heard the thump of the body against the ground. She heard screaming and cursing behind her but she didn’t falter. Neither did the hunters since two of the three sets of feet pounding the earth continued to close in.

“****!” She cursed breathlessly. She only had enough charge in the battery pack for one more shot. She had already used the first two on the large group that tracked her nearly an hour ago. She changed direction and headed deeper in the forest.

The woman made a severe miscalculation however. The path she took ended in a clearing surrounded by overgrowth too difficult to squeeze through while running.

“Damn it!!” She cursed again while skidding to a stop. They had her cornered finally. She turned towards them, armed with both daggers and sneering.

The men skidded to a stop a few feet away from her. “Now we got you.” One of them chuckled. He was breathing heavily too at least. He then took a step toward her, hand outstretched.

Cer bolted towards him, driving the dagger into his side. He dropped, cursing in pain. The wound was deep and blood poured out of the wound. She jumped back to safety and kept her eyes on the final hunter.

“****ing you’re mine— hey!” The last hunter growled. A large boulder was rolling towards him. Cer watched as a small fox jetted into the clearing and bit his leg. The hunter cursed and grabbed his now bleeding leg. “I’ll be back, you hear me?!?!” He turned away from the woman, grabbing his hurt partner in the process, then retreated.

Cer glanced at the fox, eyebrow raised in question. The fox held her gaze then seemed to point towards the forest. She nodded and followed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:51 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Francis decided to make a bit of a test for the woman. He didn't trust her enough to invite her to his home, so every time she would catch up to him, he would dart away and have her go in a random direction again for a while.

And damn she was persistent. Once he was sure she wasn't going to leave until she had answers, he hid behind a tree and morphed, waiting for her to pass him, and grabbed her arm, signaling for her not to make any noise with his other hand. Once he was sure she wouldn't speak, he sniffed her a bit.

Definitely had traces of some sort of canine. Then was she... like him?

"I'm not the only one?" he muttered as he let go of her in slight surprise and panic. Surprise because he had yet to meet another half breed. but panic? Wasn't it obvious?

Didn't wolves eat foxes?

He took a few steps back and whimpered. If he was a fox right now his tail would definitely be in between his legs. "I... ummm..." he started before his foot causght a tree root and he fell backwards. "P-please don't k-kill me!" he begged.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:25 am 

Cer sprinted to keep up with the little fox. She was getting tired and frustrated. The little fox only seemed to make matters worse by darting to and fro and changing directions.

“Just take me where you are going to take me already!” She spat in between breaths.

Suddenly the fox darted out of sight. Cer slowed her pace to a stop and was about to catch its scent when a hand grabbed her. She turned and snarled, baring somewhat enlighten canines at her captor. She watched him cautiously as he put a finger to his lips, signaling for her to be quiet. She didn’t move, she waited to see what the kid would do before making her own move.

Then she watched him sniff the air. There was a pause then the boy broke the silence. “I’m not the only one?” Then he left go and stumbled backwards away from her.

She could smell his fear and something else. Taking a deeper breath in she could smell the scent of fox on him. Not like a lingering scent of a pet but as the full scent of him.

“Please don’t kill me!” She heard him whimper. He was on the ground now, most likely tripped.

Cer sighed and moved a little closer. She didn’t trust him still but he was something like herself. “I’m not gonna kill you. You’re too scrawny anyway.” Now a nice plump rabbit sounded more like a meal. “Who are you?”

The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am 

The Happy RP salesman

"N-name's Francis!" the boy stammered. "Umm... sorry for making you run so much... had to be sure you weren't just a hunter's bait!" he finally gave her the answer as to why she had been going in nonsensical directions. Standing up, he brushed himself off. "I suppose I owe you, so if you are hungry I killed a deer about a day ago that still has some meat on it!" he offered.

"It's at my house, right over that way!" he led her to a large clearing with a lake and some flora and fauna that you would be hard-pressed to find in other wild areas. A cabin adorned the side of the lake, and he threw open the door. "Mom! I'm home!" he called out to no one. The house was clearly empty, but he acted as though someone was living with him...

Putting that fact aside, he went over to the fridge and pulled out a deer carcass with a quarter of the meat still present. "It's not much, but I did make you chase me around for a while..." he grinned sheepishly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:19 pm 

The wolf stifled a laugh. The poor kid was still so afraid of her. She sighed and tried her best to seem less menacing. “Alright Francis, you can treat me to dinner.” She finally said. Cer was used to hunting for herself so having something already dead seemed like an okay idea.

She followed the fox-boy to his home and cocked her head to the side a little when he shouted into the empty house. Immediately she became defensive. Her senses were alert as she entered. Scents, fresh and stale, wafted past her sensitive nose. There was no other scents besides Francis’ and this made her relax.

She followed him to the kitchen where she watched him pull meat from the fridge. “I’ll eat it raw, thank you.” She immediately said. She wasn’t sure if the kid ate more like a human or more like an animal. Cer tended to give into her animal instinct when it came to fighting and hunting. “So why act like you don’t live alone?” She asked, referencing his announcement as they walked inside. “Being silent would be more beneficial than announcing your presence to whatever enemy may be lurking about.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:06 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

"Because I don't," Francis answered almost immediately. He was so blatantly in denial that it was a bit sad to watch as he started to eat a bit of the deer, whilst walking over to a certain door in the house and calling out, "Come on mom! Don't hide from our guest!"

Walking back into the kitchen, he sighed. "She used to be so... happy up here. A couple of years ago she stopped leaving her room whenever I had guests." He kept eating as though he wasn't crazy.

Well... crazy or not there wasn't another scent in the house, so either he was lying, or delusional. And neither of those options were preferable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:28 am 

Cer took another bite. She didn’t believe him obviously. Another scent would be present at least a little of he was truthful. Instead of contradicting him she decided to change the subject. “So why would you think I was bait for those hunters? I guess you didn’t see what I did to two of them.”

She glanced around as he answered, taking in the different sights of his home. It seemed normal enough. Modern kitchen, modern living, and bedrooms were probably the same. Francis seemed to live in comfort, away from the bigger cities. So why would the hunters be after him?

She remembered how she first met the organization of hunters. Her parents were the ones who called them to her. They didn’t understand why their daughter was different, why she was something other than human. Truthfully Cer didn’t know either.

She lived the peaceful life of a child until she was 5. Then her body began to change and one day a wolf had stood were she was just at. She looked down at the huge black paws, then looked up at the horrified faces of their parents. They didn’t even realize she was the wolf. Her father kicked at her, shouting obscenities and chased her away. Hours later when she was able to shift back to her human form she returned to her parents. Eventually a couple years later she couldn’t hide the wolf form anymore and her parents contacted the hunters to have her committed. Or so she was told. They took her and she overheard them saying how it would be better to just kill the kid. So she escaped and learned how to take care of herself and continued to run from everything and everyone.

Her mind wandered back to the present. Absentmindedly she looked into Francis’ eyes. “When did you first learn you were a fox?”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:03 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

"There were more of them?" Francis asked her, a bit shocked that she was followed by that many people in the first place. His distaste for those men was evident on his features as his eyebrows furrowed and he took a rather big bite of deer meat without really thinking about it.

While his cabin was technically comfortable to live in, none of it had been obtained through just means. He had stolen and decrypted countless credit cards without caring if the hunters lost everything. He wasn't heartless but his selfishness was a crutch as he had made sure that several hunters paid with their finances if not with their lives. Her next question stunned him enough to have him drop his food.

"Don't you mean when did I learn I WASN'T a fox?" he asked, curious as to why she worded it like that.

His mother had birthed him as a fox from the beginning, despite his father being the one who was a mythical fox spirit creature. It had been a while before he had learned to shift, yet his mother never abandoned him and had cared deeply for his secret.

"I was 7 before I learned to shift my form..." He answered carefully. He didn't trust this woman who smelled of wolf blood for a few reasons. One? she just admitted to being more human than him. The second reason? She was clearly oblivious to his only reason for rescuing her, and it was making him uneasy.

As if to test her, he casually remarked, "So... Do you have access to the Alterside or are you even looking for it?"

How she answered him would prove whether she was a friend or a foe to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:53 am 

Cer listened to his answer carefully. Her own existence was a mystery even to her. After all, both her parents were human while she was not. Hearing that this boy thought he was full fox until he was older sounded odd to her. Then he eyed her suspiciously. Her wolf soul wanted to bare her teeth at this look but she kept her features still. Suddenly he asked her a weird question altogether.

“What is Alterside?” She asked. The wolf got had never even heard of such a place. The only thing she cared about was her own survival.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:14 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Francis nodded to himself in thought. That answered his question at least. She was no threat to him if she knew nothing of the Alterside. That said, now he had to explain it...

"Consider it mythical heaven. A harpy I befriended told me it is a place hunters are oblivious to where creatures of myth and legend can be safe during trying times. Naturally, I want to find it so I don't have to run for my life every day. Problem is, this particular harpy-"

"FRAAAAAAAANKY!" a shout came from outside somewhere above the house.

"Speak of the devil..." Francis sighed as the harpy in question landed in front of the front door. "Oh... you had company? Hi, I'm Dedrick. Franky's best freind! Sooooo... what do i call a beauty such as-why do you look like you want to bite m-"

"Part Wolf." Francis deadpanned. Dedrick shrugged. "Well hi to you too, I guess." he held out a hand to Cer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:18 pm 

Cer listened to Francis describe the otherworldly land. It would be nice not to have to run anymore. As he came to the part about the harpy, Cer heard a squawking screech on the boys name. She tended, half standing from her chair. For all sense of the purpose she was ready for a full-on attack.

As the bird thing— harpy as Francis called it— introduces himself she couldn’t help to smirk at the slight fear scent coming off of him for a moment as he learned what she truly was. The scent disappeared as Deidrick shrugged.

“Pleasure.” Cer replies finally after relaxing a bit. Her neck hairs still tingled however. It was something she learned not to ignore.