2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

@Zapy97 Here is our OOC thread

let's do a short form for our characters:
name:
personality:
etc:

my character is almost done ^^

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:05 pm 

name: Progeny (currently: Johnathan Bulliard)
personality: Progeny is an intrepid explore, pioneer, outlaw, cowboy, soldier and hunter of previous lives.
etc: Progeny has lived on through the generation through his descendants who until direct possession by progeny are effectively brain dead capable of basic human functioning. His descendants at this point have been spread across the US. Most of them are women who are carriers and live normal lives. Men who carry Progeny's gene seem conspicuously dumb but have been found able to survive the generations.

Last edited by Zapy97 on Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:26 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)

Name: Dr. Jack Talis, also ok with Doctor, Doctor Jack, Doctor Talis, Jack. Not ok with Doc
Personality: weirdo, calm, intelligent
Etc: got a doctors degree, likes wearing his lab coat but won’t if the occasion in inappropriate although always has one in his baggage, sometimes forgets that something dangerous is dangerous when interested in researching it, takes care of a healthy lifestyle (food, fitness, …), is vague about his past and origin, or previous jobs

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

Last edited by Chemical Lady on Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:17 am 

So I am assuming that we are still going with the agency idea, who deploys teams to check out certain rumours/phenomenons? Like to they sit at home and what for a call or do paperwork and other boring things until they get a "project"? are our characters already in a team together or will this be the first time they team up?
I would like to get your opinion so I can start on my first post
do you already have an idea for the first project? you mentioned something about flying bunnies?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:39 pm 

I was thinking the agency is days old as issues are quietly arising in the rural portions of the state. I think that the first post could be both of our characters getting recruited by the bureau separately. I had an interesting thought that their headquarters could be an old dusty mansion donated to the state by a deceased rich paranormal enthusiast. They could meet up at the mansion as a sort of moving their offices in a second post? Our first project for the team could be them discovering that the mansion is haunted.

Found the bunnies. I was thinking that the bunnies would have been one of Progeny's pet projects. Trying to find a way to have a conservation for them without them breaking containment and breading with normal bunnies. Especially the fanged ones.

I had an idea for another character. Since it is right after WW2 and government agencies recruiting Nazi scientists was a thing. Wouldn't it be interesting to have our characters joined by a German Paranormal Officer? I was thinking that the German character could have met Progeny during WW2 and could either have a redemption ark or just eventually be the bad guy. I want to know what you think about it before I make a character sheet.

Attachments:
5be1e03e9f274a198f2a800a0b24bf8c.jpg
5be1e03e9f274a198f2a800a0b24bf8c.jpg [ 153.83 KiB | Viewed 11244 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:35 am 

I am totally fine with our firsts posts being that they are getting recruited and the old mansion sounds like fun. As for the haunted part I think it would be funnier if one or more of the bunnies escaped and caused the "haunted symptoms" and then they find out it is those bunnies
I was thinking about giving my character a British background, so a nazi scientist would probably not have a long lifespan. My character has no issue with secretly poisoning someone. But then again if you plan your guy to be like Richter in Argentina, then getting rid of him would have a validation. But then again you would need to be ok with killing your character and I don't wanna pressure into that

how about we make the recruiter the supervisor as well? since the agency is government owned we won't have one big boss anyway

just noticed I forgot to add the name of my character, added it now XD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:39 am 

I was thinking that the recruiter would have to be some sort of supervisor. I would think that our team would have a lot of autonomy and our supervisor would usually be away doing his own work.

Having thought about the German character idea I was thinking of him being more of Prussian aristocratic caught up on the wrong side. I guess we can see where his character ark goes.

name: Herr Oberstleutnant Werner Klemperer von Mecklenburg-Schwerin
personality: Werner is a shell shocked and broken veteran of both world wars clinging to his life's work of research into the paranormal in his jail cell.
etc: Born to German noble family Werner was thrust into the first world war where he had his first encounters with the paranormal. After the war he set himself to discovering as much as he could about the subject becoming the premier subject matter expert in Europe. With the Nazis' rise to power Werner found himself dragged once more into the military this time as a researcher developing weapons out of the insane fantasies of the Third Reich. Now after the war he is locked up in a jail for his affiliation.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:54 am 

Fun fact: before joining the agency my character is into the "weapons" research on the usa side. I wanted to put it as a surprise in the first post.

I would like to propose the recruiter/supervisor to be a badass woman whom you don't want to mess with, hiding behind a not so innocent smile:

name: Alicia, family name unknown
personality: always wears a calm smile, but not so hidden behind that is a don't mess with me intention, doesn't give away more than is needed, seems to have a sadistic streak
etc: Military background (rank unknown), would win in a fight, deals differently with people depending on who she is dealing with, plays into their personality faults, has power to threaten people, vast information network, treats the agency like a side job and is usually away to unknown, her attractive appearance is also used as an effective tool, although trying to lay hands on her without her consent would lead to those hands being separated from the rest of that body

how about this? they will have a hard time with her as a boss ^^

Last edited by Chemical Lady on Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:57 am 

Its a bit blunt but it is fine with me. I don't think my two characters would care much about her between the guy who views his life as expendable and the German scientist whose life is basically over. I guess we can start would you like me to post first or would you? I think when our characters go somewhere we should put the location of the post as a heading.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:38 am 

made the topic here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=53872
what do you mean with put the location as a heading?
my next post would be the arrival at the mansion
btw you can use alicia like a npc in your next post if you want

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:52 am 

The OOC Thread
I mean like this since it is showing off that this post takes place in the OOC thread. I don't think every post need one just at the start of each location.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:45 pm 

Posted, I would like you to write a response for the encounter between Alicia and Progeny. I would also like to set the stage for everyone arriving at the mansion at basically the same time. I would like describe it as I have a very specific image in mind to ease the group into the mansion and working together despite their differences.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:51 am 

I get what you mean. would you like to have Alicia's part of the conversation here so you can add it to your post? Or should I make a separate IC post for her? I am fine with both. Since Jack will depart "tomorrow", it means that Werner had his appointment with Alicia earlier. This way neither of us needs to adjust their post to make them arrive at the same time. There is also no need for Alicia to meet everyone on the same day anyway.
I'd love a typical slightly rundown mansion ^^
what do you think about having only the 3 of them as employees at this new agency for a start, as opposed to having some npc's walking around?
I am having a vague idea for another character in the back on my head, but let's get into the rp before I dig this one up ^^

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:37 am 

Honestly just post her response and have her fill in Progeny. I want to leave what Werner does out of the narrative so that it can be revealed later. I was thinking that it was batter that it was only those three. I thought that it would be kind of a given that she would gather Werner first.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:06 pm 

Okay so about the setting and everything. It is the 1950s in the USA people could not just be drafted into the government. I take it that Alicia is supposed to be the head of the Washington Bureau of Crypto-zoology. This agency is 100% run by the Washington state government (which is lesser than and separate from the US federal government). Progeny is a citizen of the state of Wyoming not to mention he cannot really have his life threatened. Alicia doesn't have jurisdiction out side of Washington state Werner can be explained by her going to US federal government and dealing with the paperwork to have him recruited under operation paperclip. What she says is very out of place in the US and would be more appropriate for a KI agent of the Soviet Union (RP takes place in 1950 and KGB came around in 1954). The United States Government has zero power to assign its citizens to whatever it pleases. Progeny is also a free man he remembers when slavery was abolish. He helps the government at his leisure having been provided what is essentially a blank check from George Washington and the continental congress (he chose the rank of colonel because he still wanted to get some action). Telling him to pack his belongings and then seizing his land is also violation of the US constitution which would not have flown in the 1950s. Your post is great it just doesn't fit the lore in the slightest. It doesn't fit the setting and takes a character from being badass and intimidating to being dead because she tried to intimidate the man who keeps coming back to life through his descendants and "survived" everything up until this point.

TLDR the people in the USA can't be bossed around (Progeny was separated from the US Army earlier that day). Alicia's characterization is also great but would in reality lead to her lying on the floor with eight bullets (7+1) close to the heart.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:00 am 

I didn't know there are different types of government. I honestly thought that since Progeny is military and Alicia is government, that she would have some authority over him.
I'll fix it right away

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:38 am 

Its goods. I wouldn't say different types of government but different levels. The United States is a very unique country under the hood.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:31 am 

unique and not very transparent for outsiders to understand XD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:18 am 

sorry for the delay, the weather here is currently going up and down like a rollercoaster and ususally makes me pretty sick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:48 am 

Its alright. It give me time to brainstorm. Would you be opposed to a small background detail being that WW2 ended three years later than in our timeline? Every side at the end of it would've been more desperate to bring it to a close. LSD was also only recently discovered to affect people in 1943, not exactly enough time to make a super soldier program with. 1948 being the new end of the war gives it a little bit more time for certain things to be believable.