All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:09 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

The offer came seemingly out of left field to Draco, having been thinking about maybe getting ready to leave and find some place to stay for the night. However, now that the offer was on the table, Draco felt that he wasn’t ready to leave, wanting to properly settle into the feeling before going to be on his own.
“If it’s not a bother,” Draco said in a soft voice, still fearing that he might be intruding, if only just a little bit. Neither of the two men had as much as implied that Draco was a bother, but it was hard for him to not still feel like one.

There was something absolutely heartbreaking in the way that Draco kept apologising for his presence, not that it was something new to Remus, but it always made him sad. It just meant that he and Sirius had a greater job in reassuring the young man in being welcome.
“Of course it’s not, we enjoy the company,” Remus stated, giving Sirius’ thigh a soft squeeze as he looked over at him, a silent look of confirmation that they agreed on the statement.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:37 pm 

Sirius nodded along with Remus’ affirmation.
“I’m just reheating leftovers,” he clarified, not wanting to give Draco the impression that it was any burden to Sirius at all. It was completely indifferent if he was reheating one pie or two.
Considering the matter settled, Sirius stood up, unnecessarily reaching over to bracing himself on Remus’ shoulder.
“I’ve already thawed enough for you, too, it’s no issue at all.”
As he stepped away from his chair towards the counter, Sirius brushed his hand across the nape of Remus’ neck, a thoughtless caress. “One’s with mince, the other’s lentils, if that’s your preference.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:33 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Even if it was just reheating some leftovers, Draco still felt like he was intruding and overstaying his welcome. However, he really didn’t feel like he was done talking with the two men, and the prospect of getting even more answers was simply too intriguing for him to turn it down.
There was something so utterly fascinating to Draco about the way that the two men kept touching each other, making it so apparent to Draco that it wasn’t a conscious choice. It made sense, with how long they had been together, but the ease of it made Draco’s heart skip a beat every single time he witnessed it. It spoke of a hope that Draco had never allowed himself to feel.
“I’d love to stay,” Draco stated, wanting to properly confirm to Sirius that he wanted to stay for dinner.

Remus felt relieved that Draco wanted to stay for dinner with them, knowing that that was usually the first step in getting anyone to accept even more help. Also, it usually meant that they actually got something to eat, not that Draco seemed like someone who would end up starving, but it still made Remus feel better at ease.
“We’d love to have you,” Remus stated.
He had allowed his hand to trail along Sirius’ thigh as he husband got up, but that was the extent of it, leaning into the lingering touches Sirius bestowed upon him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:58 pm 

Dinner had gone by without any issue, Draco seeming better at ease. Between the three of them they had almost finished a bottle of wine, but adding the toddy Draco had had, Sirius was not unaware of the fact that that might have helped dissolved the tension otherwise in Draco’s shoulders.
Sirius had tucked one foot beneath himself, sitting comfortably on his chair after having finished his plate. As he slouched, he had instinctively turned slightly towards Remus on the adjacent seat, and was now sat sufficiently turned that he could hold his head up by resting his elbow on the backrest of his chair.
His eyes were attentively on his husband, an easy smile to his lips. "So what're you saying? Did you like teaching in Oxford better than here?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:48 pm 

The evening had progressed without too much stress, and Remus knew that the wine they had all shared was probably a good help to that, but he also liked to think that Draco was simply getting more comfortable. He and Sirius were relaxing as well, allowing themselves to talk freely and just getting to know Draco better and allowing Draco to get to know them.
“I never said that,” Remus stated, swatting after Sirius in a playful manner.

As the evening had progressed, Draco had found himself thinking less and less about his ordeal of the day, instead having allowed himself to get to know the two men in front of him.
They were both vibrant personalities, Draco absolutely fascinated by the way they seemed to mesh together and complete each other. It made Draco feel comfortable in their company, even if he also felt like he was intruding in a private moment whenever he looked at them.
“What grade are you teaching?” Draco asked, having not worked out exactly what grade level Remus was teaching, seeing as Remus and Sirius had both just referred to his pupils are the kids.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:40 pm 

Sirius grinned, relishing in the juvenile nature of the interaction. The way Remus swatted for Sirius’ arm made him shift his posture at the threat of having his position destabilized completely.
Straightening out his otherwise comfortable seat, Sirius undid the cross of his legs, letting both his shoulders meet the backrest.
This allowed for a better view of Draco, who, everything considered, looked alright. He had been good company throughout dinner, willing to engage in conversation. That alone was a relief to Sirius, though he was still struggling with the fact that Draco intended to spend the night on his own.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:56 pm 

Remus returned his attention to Draco, glad to see him doing well under the circumstances, while also being bright and attentive to their conversation. It felt like it had been the right decision for him, even if it was difficult to say just yes.
“Sixth form,” Remus replied, having taught at many different levels, but in the end had to realise that he simply preferred the older kids.
“The kids are lovely, I’m really enjoying it.”

Draco nodded attentively, having never really been too great with kids, and was certain that having them older wouldn’t help him a bunch. It was clear that Remus cared a lot about teaching and it was nice to know that some teenagers out there would get to have him as their role model.
“That does sound lovely,” Draco stated, not sure it actually did, but with the way that Remus was talking about it, it was difficult not to think so. Sometimes, it was just about being passionate about your job.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:13 am 

Remus was truly a wonderful man, and a terrific father to any kids that came through their home.
Sirius reached over to brush that acknowledgement to Remus’ shoulder, letting it linger there before reaching further and resting his hand on the backrest of Remus’ chair.
“They really are,” Sirius concurred, usually getting to meet the entire class Remus one way or the other, though some more than others.
Sirius’ attention had once again drifted onto Remus, never tiring of looking at him, nor of touching him. Thoughtlessly, Sirius’ hand reached for the curls at the nape of Remus’ neck.
“We’ve done a lot of short term fostering because of it,” he spoke, reluctantly dragging his eyes off of his husband. His gaze found Draco, a smile on his lip that above all spoke of genuine appreciation for his husband, rather than insinuating Draco was just another foster. “The kids adore him, they have a lot of trust.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:24 am 

With that statement, a lot of things made sense to Draco.
It had been second nature to the two men to take Draco in and take care of him, so to hear that they had done something like this several times before just made the puzzle finally fit. It also made Draco relieved that it was Sirius he had elected to reach out to, and that he had actually managed to find him.
“I understand,” Draco stated, finding both men to be warm and utterly trustworthy. There was no doubt in his mind that every single foster that had been through their doors had felt cared for and utterly special in their care. Draco knew that he did.

The praise made Remus smile, knowing that Sirius wasn’t wrong, but also mostly feeling that he was doing what anybody would do in his situation. His parents had been mostly good about his coming out, so most of the drama he had gotten was from Sirius’ life, but he knew that they were still in a unique position to help young people, before they got into something bad.
Draco’s comment also made him smile, glad that they were having some impact on the young man.
“This one too,” Remus stated, nodding his head towards Sirius, turning his head to grin softly at him. He had long ago lost count on how many kids they had had through their doors, but they had cared for all of them, some of the connecting deeper to Sirius and some to himself.
“The kids adore him because he takes them out on his motorcycle.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:55 am 

Sirius couldn’t help but laugh at the attempt to elevate his efforts and input to Remus’, heart spilling over with love and affection for a man who so willingly shared the value of his work. At the very most, Sirius had lived through a situation that was closer to the ones of their fosters than Remus had, but that felt like a poor excuse for a comparison.
“Sure,” he grinned, brushing another caress through Remus’ hair.
“You can provide decades of experience working with kids, formal training in child care and conflict resolution,” he mused, his smile growing wider as he spoke, “And I sometimes take them out for a ride on my bike, yeah.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:01 pm 

It was so clear to Draco that Sirius and Remus loved each other so very much that it was impossible to feel anything but endearment towards the scene playing out in front of him. He didn’t quite know how to respond though, and was saved from doing that when he could feel his phone vibrate in his pocket.
Fearing the worst, he gingerly fished it out, unsure if he even wanted to check the screen, he briefly glanced at Sirius and Remus, before finally looking at his phone.
It was a great relief when the called turned out to be Pansy.
“Sorry, I gotta take this,” Draco stated, picking up the call as he left his seat and went upstairs to talk to his best friend in private.

Seeing Draco’s heart drop at his phone call broke Remus’ heart, fearing that it might be his parents who had other things to say. However, his worry dissipated when Draco’s seemed to, getting no clue as to who was calling him, but also knowing that it wasn’t any of his business.
Once Draco was completely out of earshot, Remus turned properly to Sirius again, feeling exhausted from the entire thing, but also so wanting to be there for Draco.
“I hope it isn’t more bad news for him,” Remus stated, already worrying a lot about the young man.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:48 pm 

Sirius made a face at that, agreeing but not knowing the words to accompany it. It didn’t seem likely, the expressions on Draco’s face just as familiar and understandable as his appearance, but then again, Sirius was projecting things he knew about Regulus onto Draco, several decades later.
“Do you think he seems alright?” he asked, tentatively trying to combat that increased sense of familiarity. Sirius thought Draco seemed stable enough to spend a night alone, if he so insisted upon, but Sirius still looked for validation in his husband that they were in the right to extend their hospitality even further.
It was only after speaking that his eyes returned to Remus, having followed Draco up the stairs. His touch followed his gaze, letting his hand slip from Remus’ neck down his arm, eventually reaching for his hand. “I can probably take the day off tomorrow to keep him company.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:20 pm 

Not thinking, working purely from muscle memory, Remus took Sirius’ hand. It was a pure comfort thing the two of them often indulged in, both of them finding comfort in the easy caress.
“I don’t think he’d like that,” Remus stated, having noted just how many times Draco had apologised for his presence and how humble he had seemed in receiving any level of help. He couldn’t even imagine how the younger man would feel if Sirius took a day off work for him, even if both Remus and Sirius knew that it wasn’t an issue for them.
“I do think we should offer him to sleep over,” he stated, knowing that that was what Sirius was fishing after. It just made sense to him, not wanting Draco to return to a potentially dangerous situation.
“Depending on what that phone call is, I guess. Might be the boyfriend.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:09 am 

There was something to be said about the fact that Draco, contrary to other kids that had come through their house, was no longer a minor. Though Sirius thought it unwise to return to the flat his father owned, Draco was most likely perfectly able to find suitable accommodations for the night, comparatively much more independent than others.
“I guess,” Sirius replied, reluctantly.
Remus was right, of course, but it was sometimes difficult to admit. Was it up to Sirius, Draco would receive the same care and attention as a child in their early teens.
“I don’t know if he knows,” he instead stated, voice lowered even though Draco was well out of earshot. Sirius had drawn their hands to his lap, thoughtlessly kneading at the muscle of Remus’ thumb. “Draco hasn’t brought him up at all.”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:11 pm 

Remus didn’t know what to think about that. In a way, it likely made sense that Draco wouldn’t discuss is boyfriend much, considering that he had been so used to keeping him a secret, however it also seemed odd that he wouldn’t mention him at all.
“I guess we’ll see,” Remus stated, feeling quite uncertain of the phone call and the urgency with which Draco had answered it. There could, of course, have been many reasons to the urgency, but Remus had a bad feeling that it was more bad news for the young man and that was absolutely heartbreaking.
“Maybe he is briefing him now,” he added, hopefully. If Draco was talking to someone, he hoped that it would be someone that he could trust.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:19 pm 

Sirius simply hummed. Though Draco’s absence put them in lingo, uncertain what phone call Draco had elected to take, it did allow Sirius to relax a moment, his shoulders settling for the first time since Draco’s arrival.
“Yeah,” he breathed, mentally somewhere else entirely. He sat for a moment, listening for the soft hum of Draco’s voice upstairs, his words and tone indistinguishable.
The hesitation Sirius felt was the knowledge that he would have called Remus, having been in Draco’s place. He didn’t say it, but he thought it when looking at his husband; just how incredibly lucky he had been to have had him throughout it.
Unable to express that gratitude in any other way, Sirius leaned forward in his chair, close enough to press a kiss to Remus’ cheek, his free hand cupping the other to help bridge the gap.
“I love you,” he smiled against Remus’ cheek, easing his hold of the other and with it his posture.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:20 pm 

The soft caress and the even softer words made Remus smile, finding that no matter how many times Sirius told him that he loved him, he could always bear hearing them one more time. Loving Sirius had always been second nature to him, having found it so easy and so natural that it had been harder to stop doing so. It had been a great relief to Remus when he had realised that he could keep loving him forever.
“I love you too,” Remus stated, turning his head slightly, just so he was able to catch his husband’s lips in a quick kiss, before letting go again.
It was only then he heard feet on the steps down to the kitchen.

“Thank you Pans, I love you too,” Draco stated as he ended his phone call with Pansy. She had been worried when she hadn’t heard from him for a while and once again Draco loathed that they lived so far apart. There was a familiar ache in not being able to have her close for events like this, even if she was never further away than a phone call. It just wasn’t the same.
Tentatively, having seen the time and suddenly feeling like he was intruding, Draco made his way back downstairs to the two men. A wide array of different emotions flew through him as he watched them intertwined, but mostly he just ached, wishing to one day be able to have something like that.
“It’s getting late,” he started, unsure if the two men had seen what time it was, but also doubtful that they cared. They had already done so much for Draco and he was having a hard time accepting that, even if they seemed to give it all so willingly.
“I should probably get going.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:50 pm 

Though Sirius let his hand fall from Remus’ face, he didn’t withdraw from their tender proximity; a remnant from the days where staying close to Remus had felt like an act of rebellion in and of itself.
His hand falling to Remus’ knee, Sirius turned to look at Draco with a smile, trying to make sense of his expression.
“Did you figure out where you’re heading off to?” he inquired, curiously but careful not to overstep. If Draco were to tell me he had gotten off the phone with his partner or a friend, Sirius would not have any objections to Draco leaving.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:45 am 

Despite the long call, Draco hadn’t really given his sleeping accommodations too much thought. He did know that he had some spare cash to spend, having always been a diligent saver, so it shouldn’t be too much of an economic toll for him to spend a couple of nights at a hotel, at least until he found somewhere else to stay.
“Oh no, it was my best friend, she lives in Paris,” Draco explained, unsure why he found that important to tell them, maybe it was just that it offered an explanation to the two men as to why he was there. He did have friends, but the only friend he really wanted to see was simply too far away from him.
“I’ll probably just find a hotel, I wouldn’t put it past my father to have the power turned off at my flat already.”

How quickly Draco had returned to apologising and explaining himself, even if he hadn’t actually apologised, made Remus ache for the young man. He knew that it wasn’t easy to change a pattern like that, especially considering the fact that Draco was vastly older than the kids they usually got through their doors, but he had still hoped that Draco would trust that they wanted to help.
“Why don’t you stay here?” Remus offered as if it was the most natural thing in the world, and to him and Sirius it absolutely was.
The house had always been a little too big for them, having moved in mostly because it had been Sirius’ to keep, and soon they had found good use to all the spare rooms.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:37 pm 

As Draco had left the table, it had almost visibly regressed his demeanour, once again regressing into the thought that he had overstepped his welcome. Sirius’ gaze shifted between the two men with a smile, a subtle reaffirmation of Remus’ invitation.
There was such a pleasure in hearing Remus extend the invitation on both of their behalf, but also because Sirius understood the weight it carried coming from him. Sirius himself had probably already exhausted what kindness he could reasonably offer before starting to sound overbearing.
“Please don’t feel like you’re intruding,” Sirius still felt compelled to speak out loud.
He relaxed back into his own seat, his grip on Remus’ hand loosening as a result of it. “There’s plenty of rooms you can stay in.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next