All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:06 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

While Sirius would normally hate the kind of swagger that James seemed to have about him, he found that the other guy was almost impossible to dislike. Sure, he was clearly a trust fund kid, the type of person that Sirius had desperately been trying to avoid ever since moving away from his parents, but there was something different about him still. He was unlike any of the trust fund kids that Sirius had ever met, and Sirius had met a lot.
However, he also didn’t want to give the other guy too much credit just yet. After all, he was buying the flat that Sirius was currently living in and was probably going to leave him homeless. It was almost impossible to find a decent place to stay in London and Sirius couldn’t help but regret, at least just a little, that he had cut his parents off.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:55 pm 

___

Over the course of the last hour, James felt like he had been shown every nook and cranny of the flat; including the still-inhabited rooms of the current tenants, as the realtor continued to open closets for James to peer into. It had been exhausting.
At any given opportunity, James had attempted to interject an ounce of humanity into the viewing, asking Sirius several domestic questions in between the realtor's talk of insulation material, and the acounant's mortage calculations.
So, subsequently, James had lingered at the kitchen with Sirius, aimlessly looking out the window from the middle of the room. Though well equipped, the room was small, but in that moment, James found it comforting.
Tipping his head towards Sirius before his attention actually followed, James finally asked the only question that really mattered. "Have you liked living here?"
Only then did James' eyes follow the direction of his words, a smile appearing onto his lips even later.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:00 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The showing had been absolutely exhausting and Sirius felt relieved as he ended in the kitchen with James, working on making a cup of coffee. For his part, James had been perfectly polite and had clearly not felt comfortable with most of the overstepping the realtor had been doing, which had just served to make Sirius want to tell him more.
“Yeah, I have,” he said as he poured the boiling water over his coffee grounds and then finally turning to look at James as he put the kettle back on the stove. He really had no idea what he was going to do or how he was going to find a place to live, but that was in no shape or form James’ fault. If the guy could afford to buy it, then all the more power to him, even if Sirius couldn’t help but resent him just a little bit for it.
“Not too happy about getting kicked out, but what can you do?” He said more than asked, knowing that James wouldn’t have an answer for him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:38 pm 

James nodded slowly, attention returning to the window.
"Yeah, I can see why," he commented, mindlessly but earnestly. The flat was nice in the ways James needed it to be; the bathrooms would need a redoing if he was ever to sell it, but there was one and a half of them to four bedrooms, and being the corner unit light seemed to pour in from every angle.
"I think I might put in an offer." James voice was steady, the comment spoken respectfully and with no ill intention. He had no intentions of patronizing the tenant, knowing how it all appeared from the outside in. Maybe it wasn't actually that different, James reconsidered. Sirius was probably spot on in the understanding that James' parents were funding the down payment.
Then, something seemed to make him snicker. Finally tipping his head over, once again getting the other man in his sight.
"Would you give me your phone number?" There was a genuine smile to his lip as he spoke. "If I do get it, I'll could call you. I have to find tenants regardless, and maybe you'd like to keep your room."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:17 pm 

Sirius had really been trying not to be bitter about the idea of James purchasing the flat, even if it was difficult. However, James seemed like a very nice guy and Sirius felt convinced that he meant no ill will in mentioning that he was thinking of getting it.
He had been so caught up in his own thoughts that the offer of Sirius potentially being able to stay completely floored him. The two had only just met, and while they had had a good talk, it still seemed to be too kind of an offer.
“Are you sure?” He asked, unable to hide the bafflement from his voice, taking a moment to take in James properly, almost as if he was trying to see if there was something sketchy about him. The conclusion however simply stayed that James was just a genuinely good person, and someone who wanted to believe in the best in people.
“Because I’d love that, but you barely know me.”

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:23 pm 

James shrugged, the gesture conveying both carelessness and the contained urge to laugh. "Well, yeah. Why not?"
By then, James' attention had turned fully to Sirius. The other man looked startled at the suggestion, for better or for worse, and James might have understood why if he hadn't been so deep in tought. James himself seemed pleasantly surprised by his suggestion, growing to like the idea the more he let it digest.
"I'm not suggesting you sign a lease," he wanted to clarify, the smile making his lips go crooked as he spoke. "But it's not like I have three tenants already lined up. Maybe you'd like to be the first to apply, is all."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:58 pm 

The offer was beyond any level of kindness that Sirius would ever expect from a stranger. He knew that it would be easy for James to find tenants, seeing as it was absolutely impossible to find somewhere to live in London, at least if it also had to be affordable, so Sirius was beyond relieved to have the option of staying in the flat he had grown so fond of.
“Well, don’t mind if I do,” he said with a crooked grin. Sirius had already found James handsome when he first saw him, but he had come to realise that the other man was even more handsome when he smiled. It could probably be dangerous to Sirius to actually live with James when he felt like this about him, but he also figured that he would be able to manage.
“Let me just,” he said as he found an old envelope and ripped a rather large corned off of it. He scribbled down two phone numbers on it before handing it over to James. “Top one is the flat, bottom one is the shop where I work.”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:08 pm 

James couldn't help but grin, enjoying seeing Sirius' reservations melt away. Sure, the request was odd, but probably only because it had been spoken a loud. Sirius was no more of a stranger than any other who might apply for the room, if James were to post it on a uni board somewhere.
Shifting his stance, he turned to glance at the two numbers the other was writing down; he tilted his head to better read them as Sirius explained them.
"Would you rather that I call you at work?" he asked as he accepted the note, eyes turning up to meet Sirius line of sight. It wasn't that he minded, it was all the same to him, it just seemed to surprise him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:05 am 

The way James grinned at him made Sirius absolutely melt. He knew that he had a bad streak of falling for whichever guy seemed to not treat him like total trash, but he prioritised becoming James’ flatmate far above becoming anything else to him.
“i mean, I am at the garage more often than not,” he said with a sheepish grin, running a hand through his hair and doing what he could to dispel the awkwardness he was feeling. He really did want to keep his best foot forward with James, but he honestly had no idea what the other man wanted from him. More than anything, he just seemed to be genuinely sweet and caring, but Sirius knew that act better than most and thus he was skeptic.
“So it will probably be easier to catch me there, also to not make the others jealous,” he added with a grin, figuring that it was better than being all stiff and formal.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:48 pm 

The corner of James' mouth quirked up again, having to agree with that. He took the slip of paper, turning it once with his thumb so the numbers faced him.
"Luck of the draw, I guess," he commented with a grin, lifting the slip as if toasting with it. James couldn't say he wouldn't have offered the room up to any other of Sirius' flat mates, had somebody else opened the door; but he did find it unlikely that he'd give the same offer to any others of the current tenants.
Folding the piece of paper to pocket it, James offered Sirius a smile before nodding to towards the doorway out of the kitchenette. "I better get back to it, but I'll give you a call, yeah?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:03 pm 

Despite himself, Sirius couldn’t help but feel a fluttering in his stomach at the way that James talked to him. Maybe it was just because he had been nothing but nice and polite to Sirius the entire time, and because he was very handsome, but there was definitely something about James that Sirius couldn’t quite shake.
“Thanks mate, I guess I’ll be seeing you around then,” he said with a warm smile, looking up as James exited the kitchenette.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:58 pm 

The sale had closed last week, and James had called Sirius' number that same afternoon. It wasn't that the process had been particularly long - his parents would have him know it was well within what it was expected to take - it had just been painstakingly, exasperatingly boring. After weeks of talking market values and biddings, James had been dying to enjoy the purchase of the flat as something beyond an investment.
It had thrilled him hearing that Sirius had still been interested in interviewing for the room, and even more so that he had suggested doing so over a drink in a bar just a few streets over from the location of the flat, excited to get to know the neighbourhood. It was, however, hard to hide his surprise at the type of bar Sirius had suggested.
Standing at the bar, James felt utterly out of place, but hardly made embarrassed by it. In his jeans and t-shirt, James stood out of the crowd of business professionals having gotten out of work. Not having pegged Sirius as the type to frequent such a bar, James had ordered a lager with a grin, wondering if the bar was specifically chosen for James' sake.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:50 pm 

Having wanted to make a good second impression on James, Sirius had picked out a bar that was far out of his regular comfort zone; not because he didn’t know how to act in such place, but because he would much rather not. He had even managed to make a deal with his boss to get to leave a little early, but, as always, time slipped away from Sirius and now he was running late.
It was so typical of him to plan things so carefully, only to fumble in the end. His hands were still black with dried in grease, as he hadn’t had the time to wash his hands properly, and he just prioritised getting to James quicker.
“Hi mate, sorry I’m late,” Sirius rushed out the second he saw James, who, luckily, didn’t look like he had been waiting for too long. “Could I get you to order me a beer, any beer will do, I gotta go wash my hands real quick,” he requested, flashing his dark hands towards James, as he moved to the bathroom without waiting for an answer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:55 pm 

Sirius was quick to catch James' attention, looking up at the sound of his voice, glancing over his shoulder to keep him in his sight as he whirled past him.
"Sure," he grinned into thin air, Sirius having turned a corner far before James could process the request. He was sporting a wide grin, inevitably humoured by Sirius' nonchalance, when he turned his attention back towards the bar. There, the server had reappeared with the first order of lager; judging by the furrowed hesitation across his brow, he didn't seem nearly as impressed with it all as James was.
"Another lager, mate, please," James asked politely, not wanting to leave room for the bartender to think twice about the state the bathroom would be in after Sirius had washed off motor oil off his hands.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:45 pm 

It was a practiced dance for Sirius to attempt to wash all the motor oil off his hands, knowing full well that it was a lost cause, but also knowing how to get them cleanish. What mattered most to him was to get them clean enough that he wouldn’t accidentally leave prints on anything in this far too fancy bar, that he had picked out in some stupid attempt to impress James.
Once he managed to get the worst off of his hands, he want to join James at the bar. It was just in time too, as he saw his beer be placed on the table next to James, just as he had come back into view.
“Sorry mate, there was an emergency at the garage,” he stated as he sat down, far from the picture of elegance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:40 pm 

Even though Sirius appeared to be rushing for his sake, James only watched the scene unfold with easy going interest.
"Don't worry about it," he reassured, having barely been at the bar long enough to even order himself a lager. There was a smile to James' lip as he took the other in against the back drop; Sirius looked just as out of place as James felt, if not more.
"Are you their expert hire?" James joked, no ill intention against the jab. Sirius could hardly be more than a few years older than James, if even at all; rather than a tone of disapproval, genuine admiration seeped into his voice and smile.
James lifted the pint glass, nodding at the other as to bid Sirius to help himself.
"Cars?" came the follow up question, brows quirked, as James took a drink of his lager.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:24 pm 

The question took Sirius aback for a moment, still focused on rushing that he didn’t quite pick up on the joking edge in James’ voice. Once he did though, a boyish grin cam to his lips, really and truly wishing that he was, but he knew that he still had a lot to learn in the garage.
“God, I wish,” he said with a grin, before taking a sip from his lager. The beer served to calm him down a little, realising that this probably wasn’t as scary as he was making it out to be, even if he knew that James was the one deciding whether or not he was going to be moving within the near future.
“Cars yeah, dabble in motorcycles when they let me.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:24 am 

"Yeah?" James encouraged, his smile seeping into his voice. "D'you have one?"
He placed the glass back onto the bar top, immediately leaving a rim of condensation onto the paper napkin he had placed it onto. Pushing the glass further away from him, frictionless, he leaned against the bar to better turn towards Sirius.
"'cus the flat comes with a parking spot, doesn't it?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:06 am 

It took nothing more than just being questioned about his motorcycle to bring a wide grin to Sirius’ face. He loved talking about his pet project and while he wasn’t sure if James actually care, or was just asking in an attempt to make polite smalltalk, Sirius knew that he was going to end up rambling.
“I do yes,” he said, taking a sip from his beer, less careful with placing the glass back on the napkin and thus placing it slightly off center.
“He doesn’t actually run currently, but I have a Triumph Bonneville,” he said with a wide grin, thinking of the many hours that he had already put into the bike. So far, it was mostly held together by hope, but he knew that he was going to it up and running eventually.
“I got him for essentially nothing though and my boss let’s me have him in the garage and use whatever scraps we get in,” he said, talking slightly faster, clearly passionate about the bike. “I has a sidecar and this loud sky blue colour, originally I wanted to paint it black, but the guys at the garage started teasing me for the colour, so I think it’s gonna stay. It’s growing on me.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:44 am 

James' eyebrows quirked at that, unsure why the response surprised him when in reality it made perfect sense for a mechanic to have a pet project of their own. It eventually made the initial surprise soften into a wide grin.
"That's brilliant, mate," he encouraged with genuine interest. The topic had very visibly perked Sirius up, the grin he was sporting only serving to solidify that Sirius was in fact the most handsome man James had ever met. It made him want to stay on topic.
James had barely an interest in any sort of motorized vehicle, too comfortable with the tube to even bother thinking of driving anywhere himself, but that didn't seem him from shying away from the conversation. There was still an broad and attentive smile on his lips, brows furrowing with a question. "Bonnevilles - those are huge, aren't they? And a sidecar on top of it?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next