All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:18 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Remus felt like he was on a different plane of existence. The dislocation between the camps from which he had just returned, and the sheer triviality of his local, muggle fish and chips shop was severe enough, that Remus didn't feel fully a part of reality. The darkness of a February afternoon did little to help Remus regain his footing, fully aware of the fact that they had made no effort in maintaining any sense of correcting his ruined circadian rhythm.
Remus just stood on the pavement in front of the shop, blinking into the illuminated menus, waiting for their order to be made.
Packed away behind several layers of clothing, Remus had gone quiet, though not out of discomfort. The tattered oilskin coat was heavy against his shoulders, and a large scarf and knitted hat both helped soften the cuts on his face and the bruised bags beneath his eyes.
He had actively sought out the cold, much preferring to wait out front than to spend time inside the small shop. It was awkwardly between lunch and dinner rush, yet the sounds and smells were still enough to threaten Remus with a headache.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:26 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

While Remus had excused himself from the shop, the lights too bright and the buzzing too loud in his head, Sirius had stayed inside to wait for their food, even if he ached to be close to Remus still. He knew that it was stupid, because Remus was not going anywhere, at least not for now, yet Sirius found himself constantly looking to locate his figure outside the shop window; wanting to be sure that he was still there and hadn’t run off.
Thankfully, it didn’t take long for the shopkeeper to hand him a bag with too much food for just the two of them. However, Sirius had figured that it was the easiest way to make sure that Remus had food in the flat and actually got to eat. He constantly wanted to just wrap Remus up in his arms and keep him safe from the world, not wanting any more harm to befall him, but he also knew that that was going to be impossible, so he just had to do what he could.
“Thank you,” he said with a kind smile as he exited the shop and went out to rejoin Remus. The brief separation made Sirius properly realise just how ragged Remus was looking. It made his heart ache for him, not wanting him to look like that ever again, but it seemed impossible.
“Come on, let’s get back home.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:52 am 

Remus had seen Sirius receive their food, giving him a couple of seconds to refocus his attention on reality. He had, to his own surprise, gotten comfortable, feeling like he was back under his duvet and a heavy blanket.
When he shifted, however, a pain shot through his side, from what conceivably was a bruised rib. The inhale he took was, subsequently, shaky, finding it straining to draw a full breath.
Regardless of the sudden sense of discomfort, a gentle smile still appeared onto his lips when Sirius addressed him.
Wanting nothing more than to head back, Remus didn't offer a reply. Instead, he stepped closer to the other. Timidly but without an air of hesitation, Remus picked the plastic bag out of Sirius' grip. Shifting it from one hand to another, this allowed Remus to take Sirius' hand in his.
The gesture was silly, and the weight of the bag almost made Remus go lopsided, yet he didn't allow either of them to linger at the tenderness of the moment. Barely having looked Sirius in the eye throughout the exchange, Remus started walking them in the direction of his apartment, gloved hand still gripping Sirius'.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:43 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

While Sirius appreciated to have Remus’ hand in his own, he couldn’t help but feel a little worried that Remus was putting unnecessary strain on himself. It was a worry that he knew better than to voice to his best friend, whom he knew immediately grew weary of Sirius’ incessant worry. It was hard for him to not let it show constantly, but he wanted to make the effort for Remus to feel comfortable around him.
They walked home in mostly silence, Sirius just soaking up Remus’ presence next to him, trying to really realise what they had done. In fact, with everything that had been going on in such a relative short amount of time, Sirius didn’t even know what they would be calling themselves or what they were to each other by now. Everything about their relationship was so new and exciting to Sirius though and he figured that a label could wait.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:18 pm 

As Remus unlocked the front door to his apartment, he was half expecting to find Moody's non-corporeal patronus ominously glowing in the living room, awaiting their return with new Order coordinates. When the door swung open, however, the flat was as dark and dingy as when they had left it, and Remus knew he could spend another few hours healing.
The sheer feeling of relief made Remus' bones ache, fully aware of the fact that he was recuperating on borrowed time. It was coming up 24 hours after his return from the werewolf camps, and Remus was surprised the Order had even allowed him to rest for that long.
Letting Sirius enter the flat ahead of him, Remus closed the door behind them, abandoning the plastic bag on top of he entry way dresser. This was usually scattered with a layer of muggle advertisements, Remus realized Sirius must've cleared out in his absence.
Toeing off his boots, Remus had yet to remove his coat when his attention once again found Sirius.
Here, he paused. With such visible exhaustion, the pause seemed almost justified. His voice, however, reflected none of it.
"Will you marry me?"
The sound of his own voice felt harsh after such a prolonged silence, though there was nothing harsh about his tone. Remus' voice was too casual, too matter-of-factly in a way that made it appear almost thoughtless; yet, while it had an air of impulsiveness, the question was far from ill-considered.
Remus realized they had barely spent two days together - like this, at least - and yet he couldn't get himself to care. No trace of hesitation bled through to his voice, having spend weeks worth of sleepless nights at the camps thinking of just this. There, he had already made up his mind, even though, at that point, he had barely spent a day in Sirius' arms.
"I know I've just asked you to move in," Remus continued, speaking clearly, as if part of him needed to solidify that he hadn't lost neither his mind nor sense of time.
In fact, Remus' sense of time was working better than ever. These last few hours had already felt like more than they deserved, and Remus didn't dare expect they'd get any more time together.
"I don't care; I don't want to wait."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:19 pm 

There was nothing in the world that could have prepared Sirius for Remus asking him to marry him. Sure, he had just been thinking about what they could possibly be to one another and what they both expected to get out of this; however he hadn’t actually expected to get an answer in quite the way that he got.
It was clear to him that he absolutely loved Remus, wanted to be with him until either of them died; not brave enough to think of them growing old together. However, it seemed a bit sudden for them to actually get married, no matter how much the thought made Sirius’ heart pound in his chest, desperately wanting to be committed to Remus in any single way that he could.
“You serious?” He asked, a large grin slowly appearing on his lips as he allowed the thought to settle in his mind. He gently toed off his shoes, which he had already untied, trying regain some sense of normalcy in the situation.
Despite Sirius having been in love with Remus for as long as he could remember, he knew that they rationally only had been open about their feelings for a matter of weeks. It was probably too fast to be moving in together and much less get married, but Sirius couldn’t think of anything he would rather do.
“You pulling me leg?”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:53 pm 

Seeing Sirius smile at him like that made Remus' heart do somersaults. At no point throughout their youth had he ever heard Sirius express any interest in the institution of marriage; though it wasn't what Remus was suggesting, he was still struck by a sense of relief.
"No," he replied with airy honesty, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.
He couldn't blame Sirius for second guessing how genuine Remus' question had been. However, Remus knew Sirius, of all people, to be one to indulge in stupidity for nothing else than short term gain or excitement.
"I don't want a wedding," Remus added as an elaboration, finding it to be relevant to make that distinction. James and Lily had gotten married a few years prior, when it all still felt cheerful and optimistic. In fact, Remus would pin point the evening of their reception as being his last unclouded feeling of happiness; even Harry's birth had felt somber in between the excitement.
Now, a wedding felt painfully out of place, only serving to highlight those who were unable to attend. Remus' lips had parted, caught in his own train of thought
"I don't," he repeated, with more confidence. Even though Sirius was grinning at the prospect, Remus' expression was almost practical, truthful. "But I do want to marry you. If you'd have me."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:01 pm 

Unable to find any words to properly express exactly how the question made him feel, Sirius’ arms fell around Remus’ neck, pulling him in closer and stretching up to kiss Remus passionately on the lips.
Sure, it seemed absolutely useless to actually get married, both of them away that it was going to be far more effort than it was going to be worth, yet the prospect of being able to call Remus his husband, husband, sent Sirius’ head spinning in a way that he had never experienced before. There was nothing more exciting to him than the fact that Remus wanted that kind of commitment from him and Sirius wanted to give him everything that he had, even if it wasn’t much.
“Yes,” he muttered, having hardly even broken the kiss to speak, even if he had returned to the flats of his feet. His hands found Remus’ face, for once not taking note of how ragged he look, instead only seeing the man that he loved so much right there in front of him.
“Yes, yes, yes,” he continued, kissing Remus between each yes on whatever skin he could find, his cheek, his temple, his chin.
“I’ll be your husband,” he stated with a wide grin, simply unable to stop himself from grinning by now. “No wedding needed.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:37 pm 

The sheer force of Sirius' excitement completely knocked the air out of Remus, far before Sirius' lips crashed into his. Sirius' smile had been blinding, overjoyed in a way Remus was certain he had never before experienced him. Remus couldn't comprehend that such a heartfelt expression of happiness stemmed from the prospect of marrying him.
Unwilling to question it, he wrapped both arms around Sirius' waist, keeping him on his toes with strength he didn't know he had.
When Sirius leaned out of the kiss, only to say his I dos, to call himself Remus' husband, Remus could hardly bear it.
His own relief and happiness finally spilling over, Remus felt like crying, each of Sirius' kisses to his face felt warm and delicate like a stream of tears, and though Remus had so much he wanted to say, he couldn't form the proper sentence.
"This can be it," he offered with a laugh, a smile once again tugging at the corner of his mouth before leaning in to brush a kiss to Sirius' temple. "This could be enough."
Not expecting Sirius to disagree, Remus pressed a kiss center on Sirius' lips. It made his grip around Sirius' waist tighten all over, pulling the other close with not only a decade of adoration, but a reinvigorated interest in the future.
When Remus inevitably broke the kiss, he didn't lean out of its proximity. "I love you".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:02 pm 

It was beyond stupid.
Rationally, Sirius knew that a lot more went into getting married than just deciding that you wanted to be married, yet it didn’t matter to him. If he took a moment to think about it, he would probably also think that it was far too soon to be getting married, but he had loved Remus for so long that it just seemed natural for the two of them to be together like that.
“I love you,” he parroted having nothing else to say about it. Everything he did was fuelled by his love for Remus, just how much he desired to be close to him and get to remain close to him. Any distance at all seemed like too much and all that filled Sirius’ mind was ways in which he would get to keep touching Remus and stay close to him.
“I love you,” he said once more, kissing whatever skin he could reach, knowing that it was probably too much for his exhausted, husband?, yet he couldn’t find it in himself to stop kissing Remus whenever he got the chance.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:53 pm 

Remus grinned into the kisses, bubbling over with happiness. Even having entertained the thought of marriage, when they had never even dated, had felt immensely bold to Remus. What Remus had finally done was allowing himself to indulge. Sirius had before Remus' departure challenged Remus' unwillingness to receive any expressions of love. Remus had, in fact, seemed haunted by that proclamation, fearing that their demise would come far before he got a chance to properly indulge in Sirius' love.
So, Remus had returned with the intention of doing just that.
Carding both hands through Sirius' hair, Remus cupped Sirius' temples, thumbs resting against the angle of Sirius' jaw. It allowed Remus to steady the sprinkling of kisses, in order to instead meet Sirius' lips in a centered kiss.
Remus' grip in Sirius' hair, though not tight, begged Sirius to keep close, even when Remus' smile inevitably returned. Though it was far from proper, Remus had every intention of referring to Sirius as his husband - both mentally and out loud, and suddenly it all seemed to silly to even maintain a kiss.
When Remus' grip finally relaxed, allowing them both to lean out of the kiss, Remus finally looked his age. A boyish grin had appeared across his lips, puffy with several kisses, and the color had seemed to return to his cheeks.
"Take off your coat," Remus urged, almost a chuckle, in the same instance that his hands abruptly left Sirius' hair. Mirroring his words, Remus himself shrugged his coat off his shoulders; more than urgency, his movements were rushed with transparent excitement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:04 pm 

The disappointment of the broken kiss was quickly replaced by a thrill from seeing Remus smiling at him like that. He looked younger than Sirius remembered seeing him in a very long time, and it made him realise that he would do anything in the world to have Remus look like that again. It made him want to kiss Remus again, wanting to cherish and properly appreciate just how beautiful his husband looked right then and there.
“Bossy, I like that,” he stated with a crooked grin as he shrugged off his coat. More than anything else, he wanted to forget everything about food, having much more important things on his mind right now, however he also knew just how hungry the both of them were, so they had to at least eat a little.
“Anything for my husband,” he stated with a broad, boyish grin. He felt so incredibly giddy and he knew that there was nothing that was ever going to make him feel bad right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:38 pm 

Remus could barely contain it. He had to bite the inside of his cheek to even attempt it, trying his best not to give the Sirius the satisfaction of a smile. Though valiant, his smile shined through, toothy and bright.
"Shut up," he cussed through a smile, juvenile deflection in his voice. Remus didn't like being called bossy, even less then and there, but it would be a lie to say Remus' heart wasn't leaping out of his chest at the notion of Sirius calling him his husband.
In fact, he thought, as he took each of Sirius' hands in his own, Remus could have denounced his own name just so that he could hear it over and over again. His movements were still ebbing over with such a pure feeling of happiness, it almost made his hands shaky, and air of urgency as he had reached for Sirius.
"Sirius," Remus started in an exhale, doing what he could to steady not only his breathing but excitement. The toothy smile prevailed, unwavering. "Will you marry me?"
While Remus had already gotten an answer to that question, it bared repeating. It was a poor imitation of what could have been; a clumsy confirmation that there were no witnesses to the gesture. And yet, Remus couldn't get himself to care.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:11 pm 

Even if he had just been asked the same question, Sirius still grinned widely when Remus asked him to marry him once more. He was in love with Remus, it finally felt safe for him to admit that to himself, and the idea of marrying him was so much to handle. He knew that they couldn’t actually go through with getting married, it would simply be too much of a hassle, but Sirius was absolutely thrilled nonetheless.
“Yes!” He exclaimed, too happy to stop himself from smiling, but he also badly wanted to kiss Remus again and probably never stop. A compromise seemed to be that he could kiss Remus’ cheek, temple and jaw, showering him with little kisses as he grinned against his skin.
“A thousand times yes,” he muttered against Remus’ skin, feeling like he was floating.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:11 am 

Every single one of Sirius' kisses sent a shudder down Remus' spine. It was overwhelming, barely feeling equipped to handle not only Sirius' happiness nor his own. Adrenaline was still raking through his system, burning through energy he didn't have and yet, Remus didn't attempt to shy away. He figured, without an ounce of hesitation or regret, that this would be worth over exhausting himself for.
Remus' smile grew wider for each kiss Sirius pressed to his skin, for each time he said yes. They had done dumb things in the past, but this was self indulgent in a way they had rarely allowed themselves to be.
Letting go of Sirius' hands, Remus' hands instead framed Sirius face, cupping around the nape of his neck as his thumbs brushed up Sirius' jaw. The grip allowed Remus to pull Sirius away from his skin, urging him at enough of a distance for them to meet each others line of sight.
The movements were boyish, and however gentle they had been, there was still an air of clumsy urgency to them.
Remus was grinning, and the moment Sirius had steadied his posture, Remus' right hand left Sirius' neck, instead moving to push the hair away from Sirius' face.
"I do, too," Remus grinned his reply to a question neither of them had asked. But he did, he too wanted to spend the last of his miserable existence with Sirius, and it was important to Remus that Sirius knew that.
With that, Remus kissed Sirius. Remus had wanted to kiss Sirius with all his heart, feeling like the last time was a lifetime ago even thought it could hardly have been more than a few minutes. He hadn't paused, hadn't lingered to admire just how beautiful Sirius looked. It had been a deafening realization that this was to be their first kiss of their pretend marriage, and Remus had found himself overflowing with adoration he hadn't known how else to express.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:57 am 

Everything seemed new and exciting in the way that they were around each other. It made Sirius want to sing and dance, just wanting to be around Remus all the time and not wanting to remove his hands from him every again.
He wanted to tell Remus that he loved him, that he felt that their time together really and truly had lead up to this and now he finally got to be really and truly happy for the very first time in his life. It was probably a little extreme, but Remus was making him feel happier than anything else ever had in his entire life and there was nothing he could say or do that could ever properly demonstrate that to him.
Instead, he simply kissed Remus back with everything that he had. It really was the only way he could properly show Remus how he felt about him and he was just so glad that he got to have the chance to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:15 am 

When Sirius leaned in to reciprocate the kiss, Remus' hands were quick to leave Sirius' face, freeing the space his arms had occupied between them. Knowing there to be a better use of the space, Remus instead wrapped both arms around the small of Sirius' back, pulling him closer into the embrace.
Though there was hardly a significant height difference between them, Remus' grip still urged Sirius to meet the kiss at Remus' height.
Their coats no longer between them, Sirius once again felt warm and familiar in Remus' arms. It was dizzying, his fingers digging into the soft skin on Sirius' waist.
With his heart in his throat, Remus broke the kiss, barely leaning out of its proximity.
For a moment, Remus' grip of reality had slipped, almost forgetting they were embracing in the narrow entryway of his war-time flat. The war and the camps had devoured any sense of normalcy and time itself. Remus had realized his new understanding of time solely consisted of days spent with or without Sirius.
Remus' breathless, parted lips finally gave way for a smile. He couldn't contain it, incapable of processing the rarity of a new marker in his crude concept of time - their wedding day.
"I love you," Remus muttered, only inches away from Sirius' lips, as he pressed a kiss to the corner of Sirius' mouth.
The grin was audible in his voice, as he added an airy: "Thank you for humoring me with this."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14