All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:19 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Pansy looked Draco over while he spoke, attentively looking for any signs of true discomfort caused by either her line of questioning or the fake relationship itself. To her, Draco just looked weighed down with the sheer burden of the task.
"Take care of yourself first," Pansy said, transparently biased in Draco's favour. While she didn't necessarily disagree with Draco - she had no reason to think of Potter as anything else but a reasonably pleasant guy - she also harboured little interest in going out of their way to help maintain his image - or whatever image Lucius wanted him to uphold. Therein laid her greatest aversion to the charade: just how little care Draco seemed to take to his own well being, bending over backwards for not only his father but a total stranger.
"He's been in active combat, he can handle being perceived as gay," she pointed, eyes dipping as she turned her cup so the handle faced her. In reality, Pansy couldn't care less about Potter's life being compromised, when Draco's mental sanity was at stake. "It's your life you're embellishing with fiction."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:27 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco definitely knew that Pansy was telling him the truth, his life was just as much on display as Harry’s and he hadn’t chosen it any more than Harry had. However, he still couldn’t help but feel that he was more involved somehow, as if he had more to say about their predicament, just because it had been his father’s idea in the first place.
“I just don’t want him to hate me for it,” he said, knowing that it was probably giving away just how caught up in the entire thing he was. He knew that he cared too much about his fake relationship with Harry, but he genuinely just thought that he was a great guy and would hate to see his life ruined somehow.
“I know that that is sad, but I don’t think I can do that.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:09 pm 

Harry had only just crossed his doorstep with a weeks worth of groceries when his phone started rining in his coat pocket. It made his entrance into his Elgin flat awkward, not even pausing to kick off his boots, tumbling into his kitchen to unload the bags onto the counter.
Prying the phone out of his coat pocket, he answered the call.
"Hello?" he asked into thin air when the ringtone subsided, uncertain whether or not the line had connected, the image still buffering.
He tossed it onto the counter in order to undo the zipper of his coat; it was only then that he had a moment to read the contact name.
It made a smile creep onto his lips, a familiarity bleeding into his voice. "Draco?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:59 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

It was with no lack of nerves that Draco was making this call to Harry. It had barely been a day since Harry had left for Scotland, and yet in that time, Draco had received news that required the input of his fake boyfriend.
When the call was picked up, it took a moment before Harry appeared on Draco’s screen, something that brought a soft smile to his face, even if they hardly had been apart.
“Hiya Harry,” he said with a soft smile, finding something very domestic in seeing Harry clearly just having entered his flat with groceries. “This a bad time?”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:26 am 

"Not at all," he assured, even though he once again disappearing out of frame. His voice was interrupted by the clatter and thud of his coat being tossed over the back of a kitchen chair, before once again coming within audible space of the microphone. "Just got home, is all."
Propping his forearms onto the countertop, Harry finally straightened the phone up against the toaster. As soon as Draco's image fully came into view, his smile widened, unabashedly.
Over the course of the last month of dating, they had fallen into a tentative routine, Harry more often than not spending his weekends in London with Draco, either attending an event or having too-public lunches with the Malfoy's. In theory it had made it easier, allowing for Harry to switch between mindsets with greater ease; however, it was unavoidable for the lines to blur, still finding himself reaching out for Draco on his days off from the act, and thrilled whenever Draco did the same.
"What's up?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:24 am 

Draco knew that it wasn’t a lot that he was going to be asking of Harry, but he still couldn’t help but feel that he was being pretty rude. It was mostly just because he wanted to save Harry from the insanity that would be Blaise’s engagement party.
In fact, he didn’t want to attend the even himself, but he also knew how much talk there was going to be if he didn’t show. The least he could do was to save Harry room the insanity and then face that madness on his own.
“I wanna ask you something, and it’s gonna sound rude, but trust me, it’s for your own good,” he started, unsure how else he was going to put it. “Could you stay in Scotland next weekend?”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:26 pm 

There was a moment where Harry though Draco had asked him to stay away for good; for a moment, Harry had felt his chest tighten with disappointment he probably should have expected.
“Yeah,” he said, caught off guard, trying not to think about how thoughtlessly he had bought groceries for a five-day week and how dangerous that instinct could turn out to be.
“Of course.”
The addition was spoken with a more present smile, some relief spilling into his voice. Nothing about their charade prevented them from going on with their respective lives, albeit more quietly, and there was nothing inherently rude about Draco wanting a weekend to himself, and not with a stranger glued to his hip.
It made Harry inattentively shift his posture.
“Are we getting a weekend off?” he inquired with a smile, no offense taken in the confirmation that Draco didn’t want him to visit without a purpose.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:34 pm 

Even if Draco had expected nothing but agreement from Harry, he still felt a way of relief flow through him. It felt like far too much to ask Harry to go to Blaise’s engagement party, but he also knew that he would receive a barrage of question if people knew that Harry was in London but not at the party.
You are,” he elaborated, not wanting anything in the news to catch Harry off guard. After all, they were supposed to be dating so it would make sense for Harry to at least know about the party.
“I will unfortunately be attending my ex boyfriend’s engagement party,” he said, feeling almost sick from even having to say it.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:58 pm 

Harry had to piece together a lifetime of baggage from just a single unfortunately, and it made his brows furrow, uncertain whether or not it was presumptuous to get hung up on it.
Harry wouldn’t have wanted to bring Lucius Malfoy’s game of political chess that deep into Ginny’s engagement party, either, and he didn’t blame Draco for asking him to sit the event out; and yet Harry had a surprising feeling Draco was offering it as a kindness to Harry.
"Congratulations," he attempted on instinct, flatly and out of the loop regarding Draco’s prior relationships. Though the image was small on his screen, Draco looked like he might be sick.
Despite himself, the line between Harry’s brows softened, giving way for a tentative smile. "Not excited about going?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15