All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:20 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

There was always something about seeing Harry that boyish that made Draco torn between wanting to kiss him and wanting to slap him. He was so infuriatingly handsome and yet it always managed to take Draco completely aback, almost as if he had forgotten that he could also look like that.
“Shut up,” was what he ended up saying, knowing that nothing else that he could possibly want to say would be appropriate. They weren’t anything after all and Draco knew that they shouldn’t be anything, unsure if he even had the desire to be anything other than Harry’s friend, that didn’t stop his thoughts from running absolutely haywire whenever he looked wt him like that.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:44 pm 

Harry could hear the hum of conversation even before the lift arrived to the second floor, the open plan of the DMLE considerably louder than any of the floors they had yet to witness. Lunch had passed, and the bulk of the Ministry employees were all huddled up on Harry’s floor.
Still, his eyes didn’t leave Draco, finding him incredibly charming whenever he was effectively riled by a tease.
“No, I’m just trying to figure out what your type might be,” Harry casually replied, preemptively glancing towards the door of the lifts, managing to steal another glance and a grin in Draco’s direction before the doors opened with a ding.
It was only when exiting the lifts that Harry realized he had managed to skirt the topic entirely without having to offer Draco an honest response.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:18 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco was relieved when he was saved from having to answer, having feared that his reply would have been far too sincere had he been pressed for an answer. While Coote had been a fine substitute for human interaction for more than a decade, Draco found the thought of returning solely to the company of Coote to be completely unbearable.
After all, Harry probably had a pretty good idea of what Draco’s type was, at least he knew some of it by now. It was a little embarrassing just how transparent Draco was when it came down to type, not that Harry knew just how much of a type that Draco actually had.
Once again, Draco was back to casting his eyes down and trailing closely after Harry, feeling even more out of place at the DMLE than he had anywhere else they had visited.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:52 pm 

More at home here than anywhere else, Harry still avoided any eye contact, disinterested in engaging with any coworkers. Instead, he matched Draco’s pace, also incredibly aware of the fact that this was inevitably where Draco would be the most recognizable.
“I’m down here,” Harry offered undeterred, his tone returning to a light hearted professionalism, giving Draco the tour of the grounds just as he would any new employee.
They didn’t have to walk far, all senior offices peppered within quick reach of the lifts. Passing a door simply marked AD9, Harry stalled, but didn’t stop before the next door down, this one denoted Auror Inspector, H. J. Potter.
“That’s a workspace,” Harry offered rather incoherently as he picked out his wand once again, nodding to the room beside his. His immediate team was scattered through the bull pen behind them, but the room was theirs to utilize as needed.
Almost sheepishly, Harry glanced over at Draco, well aware that it was silly more than helpful. “You can have a desk there, if you’d like.”
Not expecting an answer, Harry, wand sandwiched between his palm and the door handle, opened the locked door to his office, the enchanted windows bright with morning light. "Come in."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:16 pm 

Going through the open office of the DMLE was just as terrible as Draco had expected, able to feel the gazes of all the people working lingering on him. It made him feel even more like he’d done something wrong, as if he was on his way to another disciplinary hearing or was getting charged in front of the wizengamot once again. It made him sick to his stomach.
Thus it was a huge relief when they finally reached Harry’s office, glad to see a heavy wooden door and none of the dreaded glass of the transportation department. He was so relieved to be out of sight that he hadn’t really given himself time to think about what Harry’s office might look like, but the room he entered definitelt wasn’t it.
It was sparsely furnished, a large fireplace the only really decorative item and Draco knew that it was there for purely practical reasons. The walls were completely bare except for a couple of framed documents directly related to Harry’s work. It felt weird and a little jarring, but Draco did his best to take it in his stride and not comment on it immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:50 pm 

As soon as Harry closed the door behind them, the silencing ward settled over the room, drowning out the chatter and noise from the bullpen. It was familiar in a way that Harry had always found comforting but with Draco in the room, it felt particularly like a heavy blanket being laid atop of them, a gentle intimacy Harry had grown used to elsewhere.
“You’ holding up alright?” Harry asked with a tentative smile as he pocketed his wand, not knowing how else to fill the silence, but feeling needing to steady himself; the quiet of the room didn’t mean they were alone by any stretch, no matter how much he wanted them to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:04 pm 

It was difficult to answer Harry’s question in a way that was truthful without sounding too much like a complete hermit. Honestly, he was greatly looking forward to going home again, wanting out of the ministry building as fast as possible.
“Well, no one has arrested me yet,” Draco instead answered, figuring that it was easier to just make fun of the entire thing. He was going to have to get used to be around the ministry after all, already not predicting that this would be where a lot of his work would be done, even if he was still intent on keeping most of it back at the manor.
“Which I think is progress,” he added, smiling softly as he did.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:26 pm 

A smile pulled at the corners of Harry’s mouth. Draco was being a good sport about it, even though he really didn’t owe that to anybody. The fact that he had even agreed to stick around beyond getting the trackers removed was frankly admirable, and though Harry felt a pang in his heart at the prospect of their workspaces being this far removed, there really wasn’t any need for Draco to ever come back through the Ministry.
“So others are doing alright with you here,” Harry agreed with a grin, finding that Draco hadn’t really answered the question - at least not in the way Harry had asked it.
Harry hadn’t buttoned his coat back up, shrugging it off his shoulders, the need to wear proper uniform decreasing by the second. They hadn’t really ventured into the room, and Harry had to take a step past Draco to toss his jacket over the back of his visitor’s chair.
“How are you doing?” he pressed, eyes back returning onto Draco, a juvenile insistence in his smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:01 am 

The repetition of what was essentially the same question made Draco smile, nice to get the confirmation that Harry actually care about him and not just about he appeared. It made it all worth it somehow, helping Draco realise that they hadn’t changed that much, even if their circumstances had.
“I’m alright,” he said, only half a kid.
He doubted that he was ever going to be entirely comfortable at the ministry, the place loaded with too much history for him to ever be able to have that, but he was mostly alright and that was what mattered. He could definitely handle discomfort if it meant that he was going to be more at ease when visiting the ministry in the future.
“Though I won’t lie, I’m very excited to get out of here,” he admitted, knowing that Harry knew him too well for him to be able to fully lie.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:56 am 

Harry’s heart flipped at Draco’s initial little smile, the almost quiet gratitude in Draco’s expression making Harry happy he had insisted on an answer. After all, Harry didn’t have a vested interest in fostering antiquated and narrow-minded views undoubtedly still held by his coworkers, but above and below him.
“Yeah?” he prompted when Draco went on, interest caught by the way Draco hadn’t specified he’d like to go home, just out.
It made Harry shift his stance, once again thoughtlessly gravitating towards Draco, barely taking a step towards him as he turned back to face him.
Really, it was an insignificant distinction, and yet it made Harry’s smile go lopsided, feeling like it was grounds enough to ask, a daring assumption that Draco had, in fact, missed him - at least enough that leaving Harry wasn’t why Draco wanted to leave his office.
“Do you maybe want to go back to mine?”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:23 pm 

The suggestion floored Draco, having hoped that they would get to be together one on one again soon, but having not expected it to be quite this sudden. However, he definitely knew that he wasn’t in a place of mind to reject Harry, not sure he was ever going to be in a place of mind for that.
“Yeah?” He asked, needing to win himself some time to properly think it through and really consider if that was what he wanted to do. He had never been at Harry’s place and even if he had let Harry into his home, it felt weirdly intimate to suddenly be visiting him.
A soft smile started spreading on Draco’s lips as the reality of it all really sunk in for him. While Harry hadn’t said that he had missed Draco as well, it was abundantly clear to Draco that Harry at least hadn’t been relieved to be without his company. It was a realisation that seemed unable to settle properly in Draco, but he was keen to see where this was going.
“I’d like that.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:51 pm 

Draco’s answer made heat bloom in Harry’s chest, catching even Harry himself by surprise.
He had missed Draco, but not in a way he could speak out loud - not when Draco had already tied a different meaning to those words, anyway.
While Harry knew that Draco had missed him in the solitude of the manor, Harry had only really missed Draco in the company of others. The distinction made the two sentiments impossible to compare, but still, it made the prospect of spending some time alone together again in both of their interests, and that alone was thrilling enough to make Harry’s heart flip.
“Call it tea,” he grinned, a juvenile attempt to downplay the intimacy of the invitation, though something in Harry’s expression betrayed him, looking at Draco with too much interest and anticipation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:27 pm 

Even if Draco had ached to be the centre of Harry’s attention again, he almost found it to be too much now that he actually was again. He had forgotten just how intense Harry’s smile was, how shy and young he suddenly felt when Harry looked at him with such intensity. It was familiar yet so very new to Draco that he was still trying to find his footing in it.
“Alright, tea,” he said with a warm smile, knowing from the way that Harry was looking at him that tea wasn’t exactly what was on his mind. It seemed too early to speculate too much about their continued relationship, but Draco definitely hoped that he would be able to keep seeing Harry, even if it was just as friends.
While he had missed Harry in the manner that he was implying, he had also missed Harry’s company in the more platonic sense and he would be gutted if he had to give that up entirely.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:47 pm 

Unexpectedly, the simple word tea leaving Draco’s lips with a smile was enough to send needles down Harry’s spine, giddy at the attention. There was something so incredibly stupid about getting riled by something that was - essentially, but unintentionally - a juvenile codeword, allowing Draco’s repetition to carry more weight that the simple notion of an afternoon cuppa.
It sent Harry’s mind on a loop, suddenly finding it so clear why nobody else had been able to compare to Draco; so much so that Harry considered if it was even worth the trip home, just as alone here as they would be there.
“We don’t need to wait around for Cal to finish, then,” Harry still offered, a smile pulling at the corner of his mouth, pleased that bureaucracy wasn’t about to start influencing their agendas now. “We’d have to apparate you there, you can’t Floo to that fireplace, either.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:17 pm 

The sudden practicality of it all shook Draco out of his reverie, unsure if he was actually prepared to go home with Harry, but he also knew that he didn’t want to be parted from him, so this definitely seemed like the better option.
“Alright, where to?” He asked, not surprised that he wouldn’t just be able to floo into Harry’s home. It had to have as many, if not more, wards as the manor, and Draco knew first hand just how big of a hassle it was to get anyone through those.
Instead, it was a little exciting that he would actually get to see where Harry lived, getting a proper idea of the place that he made his home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:00 am 

Even though it had been Harry himself to urge them onwards, it was only when Draco prompted him to, that Harry finally shifted to retrieve the coat he had only just discarded.
“I thought you’d been there before,” Harry grinned, attention clinging to Draco even as he slipped on his coat.
There was an odd sense of relief in the knowledge that Draco had visited before, easing the intimacy of the planning required to actually have him over. The house on Grimmauld Place was warded with exceptionally hostile wards, and Harry was simply unable to command and manipulate them as easily and as quickly as Sirius and Dumbledore had been able to when the house was last in use by a multitude of irregular guests. As a result, Harry didn’t bring people home all that often, finding it too much of a hassle and, more quietly, like an uncomfortable invasion of cherished privacy.
As he took a step back towards Draco, adjusting the lapels of his own coat, Harry realized that hesitancy might just always exclude Draco. It did for now, at least.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:05 pm 

It was only when Harry mentioned that he had likely been there before that Draco remembered that he indeed had been to Harry’s home before. However, when he had visited Grimmauld Place, it had very much not been Harry’s home, rather that of his aunt, Walburga.
It was so many years in the past by now that the house itself too was a distant memory to him. The only real memories he had from the place were his relatives and they weren’t exactly relevant to his current visit.
“I forgot,” he stated, knowing that Harry definitely knew him well enough to be able to see the gears turning in his head, trying to remember just about anything about the townhouse.
“I have, but it’s been so long,” he added with a soft shrug, finding that having been there before did nothing to ease the excitement he felt about revisiting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:00 pm 

Shifting his weight, Harry had with one small step and then another returned to Draco’s proximity, stopping ahead of him as he lazily redid the clasps of his coat, absentmindedly preparing himself to apparate home.
“I’ll give you a tour,” Harry promised pleasantly, though everything about what they were added a weight to the promise, just like the promise of tea wasn’t ever going to be just tea.
Transparently, it showed in Harry’s gaze. There was a boyish air about him as he looked at Draco, tirelessly.
Draco had generously opened his home for Harry, and now having offered, Harry suddenly felt compelled to repay that kindness. If only out of curiosity, selfishly interested to see how Draco looked propped up on his couch, or against his sheets.
It pulled at Harry’s smile, mind far removed from their conversation.
“It’s 12 Grimmauld Place,” he dragged, trying to gather his rein in his thoughts for long enough to actually answer Draco’s question. “You won’t be able to apparate to number twelve, though; it won’t show. There’s, uh, an apparation point in King’s Square Garden around the corner, if that's easier. You’ll have to give me a few minutes to lower the wards from inside, anyway.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:34 pm 

The prospect of having to wait any amount of time in Harry’s office alone seemed a little daunting, Draco suddenly fearing that someone would enter and start questioning him. He knew that that was highly unlikely though, so he instead tried to focus all of his energy on the fact that he was actually going to be alone with Harry in a more comfortable setting.
“Alright, I’ll trail behind you,” he stated with a soft smile, trying not to let his nerves show, but he knew that he was likely giving himself away as he fiddles with the cuff of his sleeve. Harry seemed so new to him, as if the weekend apart had changed the two of them dramatically, even though Draco knew that that made no sense at all.
Only time could tell if their dynamic was still as good as it had been.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:59 pm 

Everything about Draco served to make Harry dizzy. Standing ahead of him, Draco seemed younger than his age, nervous in a way that only ever really came from eagerness. How easily he had agreed to spend more of his time with Harry, how his smiles had changed when they were only the two of them, it all suddenly caught up to Harry. Had Draco asked him now, Harry would have no other option than to admit to having missed Draco so much it hurt, that ache suddenly spilling over all at once.
Covering Draco’s hands with his, Harry used that as a point of balance, an easier and almost informal touch, as he leaned in against him, crossing a boundary they had spent a day toeing.
“Brilliant,” Harry confirmed with a pleased grin, chin tipping upwards as he stretched up to steal a kiss, too short to be anything but a promise, but quick enough to quell any sense of hesitancy between them. “I’ll see you there.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 99  Next