All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:26 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

If he was being completely honest with himself, then Draco had more or less given up on his idea with the signatures, definitely feeling that there was something there, but completely without the resources to research it further. This though? This could prove a crack in the case, a realisation that made Draco eagerly grab the vial, keen on studying it and comparing it to the other signatures he had.
“Amazing,” Draco said, clearly impressed by this find. Even if this clearly hadn’t been taken as a proper blood signature, Draco felt certain that it was going to be of immense help to him and his research.
He looked away from this vial and instead allowed his gaze to return to Harry, smile painted wide on his face by now. If he could get this to work properly, he might be able to prove that Harry’s signature has changed without a shadow of a doubt, even if he was still unsure what that meant.
“You’re amazing,” he added as he leant in to press a quick kiss to Harry’s cheek, before his attention was once again back on the vial.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:47 pm 

Harry had expected the signature to pique Draco’s interest, but the thrill on Draco’s face took him just as much aback as the kiss on his cheek. It turned Harry’s mind into static, suddenly coming to the realization that he might have never truly impressed Draco professionally before this. It didn’t strike him as hurtful, rather quite the opposite; it filled Harry with an immense sense of pride he had rarely felt before.
“It’s from when I was 15,” he offered, unable to keep a grin off of his face. It was likely that Draco would be able to draw the rest of the context by unravelling the signature, but the time it had been collected felt particularly relevant.
Harry’s eyes were unwavering on Draco’s, even when the other didn’t meet his gaze. He didn’t have to; Harry felt quite certain would never tire of seeing such bright curiosity painted on Draco’s features.
“That makes them 15, 20 and 29, yeah?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:36 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco nodded eagerly at that, happy to have such a wide range of ages for Harry’s signature to use to compare. It was likely going to be very helpful to what he was doing and he was excited to get started on the work.
“Yeah, it does,” he said with a soft smile on his lips, unable to hide his excitement about the entire ordeal. He really had had no idea what could have brought Harry here, so this was more than just a pleasant surprise.
“Walk with me to the study,” he stated, trying to make it sound like a question but it came out more as a demand, especially as he just started walking in the direction of the study; a trip the two of them had taken so many times in the past.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:54 am 

Harry’s heart jumped at the invitation, having really arrived at the Manor with close to no expectations. Despite the afternoon they had spent together yesterday, Harry’s trip here could have been justified as a simple delivery in passing.
He happily did as ordered, catching up to Draco within a few quick strides, thoughtlessly marking his presence with a brief and absentminded touch to the small of Draco’s back, before letting his hand fall.
“How long does it take to isolate the signature itself?” he asked, not wanting to be presumptuous about the encouragement to stay, finding that perhaps it was a quick enough process that Draco could have an answer ready within the hour.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:41 pm 

Draco’s mine was running a million miles an hour, already itching to isolate the sole signature and to compare it to the two that he already had. He had no idea what he’d find, but if this was different from the other two he has, then he definitely has great potential to come up with a more solid theory.
“I hope a couple of hours, but realistically it’ll likely take me a couple of days,” Draco admitted, looking at the silvery threads in the vial as he opened the door to his study. It was a familiar feeling to be back with Harry in here, the comfort of their shared routine not entirely out of his system yet. He wasn’t even sure why he had invited Harry to join him in the study, other than having missed having him around.
“It’s a finicky process and I don’t want to ruin the spell, so I’ll have to be careful,” he explain, even if he was certain that Harry already would have some idea of that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:13 pm 

Harry stalled at the threshold, a habit ingrained in him over the past few weeks. Last time he had been here he had come to bring Draco to bed, and even then it had felt terribly forbidden to enter the study. This time, though Harry hesitated, he followed Draco in, having to figure that, if using the Floo was allowed, so was this.
“That’s fine,” Harry assured, having not really asked because he cared.
Having followed Draco into the room, Harry’s hand fell on the backrest of the green armchair he so often had sat in, lingering in consideration.
“Do what you need to do,” he encouraged, finally deciding to take a seat in the armchair, solidifying his reassurement. He had time, perfectly able to entertain himself by watching Draco work - time had already proven that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:26 pm 

It was dangerously easy for Draco to just fall into the work with the spell, at times almost managing to forget that Harry was in the study with him and observing. Draco wasn’t really sure why he had asked Harry to stick around in the first place, but there was a soft comfort in having him around and Draco found that his work was more focused than it had been since he left.
It was only when he was starting to get a nick on his back from having been bent over his desk that Draco took a look at the clock in the study. It also meant getting a glance at Harry, who was still seated in the green armchair, just as he had been with Draco started working. It made him smile.
“It’s getting late,” Draco stated, not that it was very late quite yet, but he was aware that he had been working for several hours by now, and hunger was starting to gnaw at his stomach, having gotten accustomed to three meals a day while Harry had been staying at the manor and that wasn’t a habit that he had kicked just yet.
“Want to join me for dinner?” He asked, gaze lingering on Harry and hoping that he would say yes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:43 pm 

It would be a stretch to say the hours had gone by quickly, but they had without a doubt been comfortable. Harry had slumped deeper and deeper into the soft embrace of the armchair, his head tipped back against the headrest as he watched Draco work.
The precision with which Draco worked was nothing short of enthralling, liking to see how Draco’s hands moved, skillfully unraveling the spell. Draco had removed his wand from his hair, and at some point, the fine blond strands had started falling over the line of his shoulder, a curtain of silver catching the light every now and then.
In an attempt to calm the itch to reach out and brush them back, Harry had started picking at his wand, thoughtlessly turning it between his hands.
When Draco called on him, Harry straightened his posture, having dozed off.
As soon as the question sunk in, a smile pulled at his lips, thrilled at the offer.
“Yeah,” he answered. “Would love to.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:48 pm 

Even if Draco hadn’t really expected rejection, finding that it rarely came when he was in Harry’s company, it would be a lie to say that he wasn’t thrilled by Harry’s acceptance of the offer. How easily they seemed to fall into a new routine was exciting to Draco, even if he still wasn’t quite sure what it was going to mean for them, or even what it was going to mean for him.
Instead of thinking too much about the entire thing, Draco did up his hair with his wand again, knowing that he likely wasn’t going to use it much more tonight. At least, he assumed that he wasn’t going to get a lot more work done and for once that was a thrilling prospect.
“I’m certain that Coote has expected it,” he said with a soft smile, his full attention on Harry now that he had decided to put the work away for the night.
“Want to take our dinner in the sunroom? It’s a lovely evening?”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:44 pm 

Harry’s eyes drifted a few inches above Draco’s line of sight, thoughtlessly watching as Draco twisted it around his hand to knot it up into a bun.
It took for Draco to speak for Harry’s attention to refocus, and another second for Harry’s mind to readjust. Even the mention of the sunroom itself brought with it unhelpful imaging.
“Want to have it outside?” Harry suggested as a way of agreeing, his smile growing wider.
Today had been nice, uncommonly steady for an English August, and having spent the entire summer indoors, Harry was happy to make it up whenever he could.
Though it felt presumptuous to suggest it himself, Harry’s mind had gone to the gazebo in the back garden. It remained as a point of unsolved mystery to Harry, and he was eager to explore it if Draco wanted to humour it.
Instead, he tipped his head slightly, feeling like Draco probably knew, bringing another smile to his lips.
“Make use that I’m no longer on house arrest, and all.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:00 am 

Harry kept being absolutely overwhelming to Draco, constantly grinning and smiling, just giving Draco all of his attention so willingly. It was a lot to take in but Draco tried to not let himself get too overwhelmed by it, it was an entirely new thing after all, so it shouldn’t come that much as a surprise to him.
“Yeah?” He asked, having all but forgotten that Harry would be able to enter the grounds now, even if he had come through that way. While Draco himself didn’t actually go outside very much, it did sound nice to have their dinner outside.
“I’ll get Coote to set up dinner in the gazebo and I can show you around the grounds?” He suggested, knowing that Harry hadn’t actually gotten to see the manor from the outside, despite having been here for the better part of four months.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:50 pm 

Harry had happily followed Draco outside. It was dinner time when they made it out into the gardens, but summer still clung onto the last few hours of light. The sun still shone, making the pristine gardens appear bright green and picturesque.
Harry was, quite frankly, having a good time just walking through them.
Grimmauld Place only had a garden the size of a postage stamp, and neither Harry nor Kreacher had arsed themselves to do anything about it to make it usable, seeming to only accentuate the general air of neglect that the house still carried. The wide expanse of grass and flowers of the Manor, however, seemed oddly cheery for such a grave house. It felt nice - like it overshadowed a lot of what had happened inside.
“Did you play a lot of Quidditch out here as a kid?” Harry asked, eyes darting to Draco as he spoke. Draco felt nice out there, too, fresh-faced in the sunlight. It made Harry smile. “Seem’s like it was practically made for it.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:09 pm 

Despite the deep love that Draco had always held for the manor gardens, it was remarkably rare that he actually went out to explore them in the later years. He had been so focused on his research that he hadn’t had it in him to break away for as much as a second, wanting to give himself completely to the work he had been passionate about for so long.
Now though, with the warm august evening settling around them and with Harry by his side, it seemed impossible that he had ever been without it. He enjoyed the fresh air and the work Coote had put into keeping up the garden that his mum had cared so terribly much about. It was a sense of home in a way that he never got inside the manor.
“I did yeah,” he said with a soft smile, remembering the many hours he had spent on a broom, his father keen to make him athlete out of him. “My father wanted me to be the best at everything always.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:17 pm 

The answer made Harry’s smile go lopsided. Not because it was particularly funny, but rather because it solidified the fact that Draco’s privileged childhood might actually have been quite miserable.
“He got you into decent shape,” Harry said with a crooked smile, a poor excuse for a true compliment. Seemingly aware of that, he tried again. “You were quite good at it.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:02 am 

The compliment made Draco smile, knowing that it was silly, especially considering the fact that he hadn’t played quidditch for years. In fact, he hasn’t even given his brief quidditch career much thought for years, even if it was something that he used to enjoy quite a bit.
“You know, he was furious that they made an exception for you to ply your first year and not me,” he said, a grin on his face as he did. In hindsight, it all just seemed so silly and ridiculous to care about, already in their first year the war had been brewing, so Lucius really should have had more important things to care about.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:34 pm 

Though Harry’s Hogwarts Quidditch career had existed in his consciousness until rather recently, finding that it had often been brought up when Ginny had first gone to play professionally, it had really been years since he had thought about Lucius Malfoy’s attempt of meddling with the games.
It made him smile, finding the memory oddly pleasant.
“Yeah, well,” Harry dragged airily, no real point to it except to win time. They had made their way around the garden, the white roof of the gazebo peering up between the bushes. It had caught Harry’s attention, having to actively turn his gaze back onto Draco to finish the sentiment.
He couldn’t help but grin, a flash of juvenile competitiveness in his expression.
“Unfortunately I was also quite good.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:19 pm 

Draco’s quidditch career at Hogwarts had been so long ago by now that it felt like it had been in a different life entirely. Most of his life at Hogwarts felt like it had happened to someone else, Draco having a very hard time connecting the person he was then with the person he was now.
Luckily, he was saved from thinking too much more about it, as they finally reached the gazebo.
It felt weird to be back, Draco having hardly even been in the garden for years, it almost felt too intimate to share with Harry, but it also felt so very right that Draco had a hard time minding.
“And modest,” Draco added with a soft shake of his head as started ascending the few steps that lead to the gazebo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:07 pm 

Harry grinned, satisfied with the exasperated tease in Draco’s voice. It was nice, serving to take some of the intimacy off the afternoon. There really wasn’t a lot about their childhood that was worth joking about, not without putting a damper on the mood. This was a little slice of unmarred childhood they could share, and Harry was happy to get to share it with Draco.
__

The sun had dipped past the horizon but the gazebo remained a pleasant temperature, undoubtedly enchanted with warming spells for exactly these kinds of evenings.
Despite having spent almost half a year, Harry hadn’t properly appreciated the quiet of the countryside until tonight, as they each nursed their last glass of wine.
Harry sat comfortably in his chair, leaned back with his fingers barely touching the base of his glass, trailing the edge of it with his thumb.
“I can’t believe you don’t sit out here more often,” he mused, finally filling the silence he had spent the past few moments admiring.
In front of him, Draco sat washed in the first blue light of the moon, something that Harry seemingly never grew tired of seeing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:44 pm 

Dinner had been absolutely pleasant, Draco having all but forgotten exactly why he had always enjoyed their meals together so much. It was nice to share an evening like this with Harry, the sun fully dipped beneath the horizon and yet the two of them seemed in no rush to finish off their wine.
The prospect of being alone again made Draco a little worse for wear, but he did his best as to not linger too long on the thought. He wanted to be fully present, such that he could enjoy Harry’s company while he was there, rather than spending too much time fearing when he was going to leave again.
The silence that had fallen over their conversation meant that Draco wasn’t prepared when Harry started to speak again, almost missing it as he was stuck in his own thoughts.
“I usually sit in my study,” Draco stated, not that Harry needed telling, he had been the only person to filly witness just how much Draco sat there. “Made more sense to be close to things that I studied.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:33 pm 

Draco hadn’t answered anything Harry had already heard, and yet Harry paused to consider it, more willing to engage in slow conversation as the day ended around them.
Shifting his posture, Harry outstretched his legs, crossing them at the ankle. Crossing that distance, it allowed Harry to entangle his legs with Draco’s, resting his against the side of Draco’s calf, comfortable but without any real sense of suggestiveness beyond a thoughtless caress.
“I know,” he eventually answered. The tone of his voice hadn’t changed as a result of the touch; it remained easy and far off, Draco’s company and the wine in his system making him equally comfortable. “Still.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 99  Next