All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 3:22 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

It was inevitable, the way Harry’s gaze dipped as Draco stood, the sight of him in a uniform having yet to lose its novelty. Pale blond in royal blue, Draco was absolutely beautiful, and still Harry’s mind kept wandering to the memory of him, pale blond in royal blue and flushed. It felt terribly cruel that he had gotten to witness that, the thrill the memory sent down Harry’s spine ending as a stomach ache, feeling full of regret and loss.
“I’m sure,” Harry said as he forced his attention back onto Draco’s eyes, his voice so accidentally earnest it could only stem from personal experience. At no point had he thought that the interest Buchannan and Tsai took in Draco was anything but well-deserved. From the first day he had arrived at the Manor, Harry had found Draco to be nothing short of remarkable, and he had yet to stop believing that; perhaps he never would.
“You’re brilliant,” he added almost without realising it, his voice thoughtlessly lowered by Draco’s close proximity.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 2:08 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

It was far from the first time Draco had heard Harry call him brilliant, but it was equally exciting every single time he got the pleasure of it. It made him want to stick around a little longer, not ready to be completely without Harry’s company just yet.
Breaking up their arrangement was by far and large the only reasonable thing that Draco could have done, at least as long as he hoped to have a career in the ministry, however it was undeniable that he missed having Harry around in a more platonic way as well.
“Flirt,” he found himself saying, regretting the words almost as soon as they had left his lips, but they were almost a challenge as well, almost as if he was keen to see if either of them were going to break.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 3:06 pm 

Saying it so blatantly caught Harry off guard, a flash of something he thought they weren’t doing any more, this playful competition. It made it almost impossible not to think about the many times before Harry had indeed called Draco brilliant as a way of flirting.
It made an boyish smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.
“Only if you want it to be,” Harry easily replied. Although he held no resentment towards Draco for ending things off to prioritise his career, Harry thought it pointless to pretend he wasn’t still desperately into him.
His eyes once again skimmed over Draco’s features, his smile an outright grin by the time Harry’s gaze returned to meet Draco’s.
“Otherwise, consider it my professional opinion.”

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 3:42 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

It took everything in Draco not to break down immediately, regretting even bringing that up in the first place, knowing just how hard it was for him to resist the allure of the dynamic the two of them shared.
That boyish grin never failed to make Draco’s knees feel weak, reminded starkly of just how easy it was to fall into him.
“Don’t have the guts to stick with one of them?” He found himself asking, absolutely unable to stop himself from poking a little to Harry, knowing that he shouldn’t but rationally knowing that he was poking and prodding to see when he would break.
“Thank you, auror Potter.”

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 4:31 pm 

Draco’s question made Harry’s stomach flip so violently that it almost managed to wipe the smile off of his lips, surprised by the force with which it struck him. In the moments that followed, adrenaline surged through him, riled by the challenge in Draco’s voice.
Barely had Draco been able to acknowledge the fact they were supposed to be merely collegial, before Harry had reached for him in a way that anything but. Catching Draco by his collar, Harry stretched to meet Draco’s lips in a rough kiss, frustration and longing shattering the last bit of his restraint.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 1:03 pm 

There really was never going to be any other way that there interactions could have ended, yet the kiss still managed to take Draco’s breath away.
No matter how familiar it felt and how much Draco had craved it, he sincerely doubted that he would ever get fully used to the idea of Harry actually desiring him; feeling him cling to him so desperately made his head spin and his knees feel weak just the same.
It took only seconds for him to react, holding onto his waist and clutching to the fabric, desperate to feel him close and to get to feel whole for just a moment longer. The kiss was clumsy, a clear show of the desire the two of them still had for each other, and it almost made Draco want to cry, desperately wishing that it didn’t have to be like this.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 4:48 pm 

When Draco further closed the gap between them, Harry’s hands skimmed from Draco’s collar up his neck before settling around his jaw, the pads of his thumbs brushing at the corner of his mouth. The kiss itself was clumsy in its haste and desperation and easily interrupted, though Harry didn’t move far.
“You are brilliant,” he insisted, his voice forceful with the lingering bite of a retort he hadn’t been able to make, though his cheeks had flushed with something entirely different. While a concoction of awful, selfish emotions was muddling together deep in the pit of his stomach, Harry’s hands still dropped undeterred from Draco’s face to favour his hips.
With them, his eyes dipped, too, so utterly unable to keep his eyes off of Draco’s uniform-clad chest, the emblems shining on his coat. Rather than grip at Draco, Harry instead pushed roughly at his hips, urging him backwards towards the table he had just left.
“You’re a prat, Malfoy, but I ****ing miss you.”

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 3:18 pm 

It took so endlessly little prompting for Draco to follow Harry’s directions back towards his desk, head spinning with the deja vu from a couple of days ago.
Harry’s words made the breath catch in Draco’s throat, having not dared to put his feelings into words, not wanting to force himself to face just how true that was for him as well.
“I’m right here,” he stated as the back of his legs collided with the table behind him, knowing just how untrue the statement was, even as he was standing right in front of Harry; their hands on each other and both so clearly drawn to the other.
“You know where to find me.”

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 3:56 pm 

Harry knew that sentiment was a lie; for a moment, it showed on his face as a flicker of something painful. It felt almost cruel for Draco to say that after deciding that he couldn’t and wouldn’t be, but Harry had long ago relinquished himself to Draco’s terms, and if it was merely true this split second, it would be enough.
It was kinder to Draco for Harry to pretend to believe him. Almost as an attempt to remind himself of the part of Draco’s words that were true, Harry’s grip around Draco’s hips tightened thoughtlessly.
“Yeah,” Harry breathed, though it was unclear to even himself if it was a question or an acceptance of the lie. It was spoken to the narrow distance between them, having already stretched towards him, and only moments after speaking it into existence, Harry drowned everything else that followed with a starved kiss to Draco’s lips.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 2:15 pm 

Draco had known it wasn’t true as soon as the words had left his lips, knowing that he couldn’t be there for Harry the way that he so desperately wanted to, but right in this moment they could both believe that that was something they could actually have.
It was much easier to just drown the frustration of their situation in a kiss, knowing that being like this with Harry right now wasn’t going to make it easier in the long run, but Draco also knew that he was far too selfish to not take everything that Harry could ever give him.
Unable to fight the burning desire to be closer to Harry, Draco’s hands made their way underneath the thick wool of the ministry coat, knowing that there were many more layers underneath and he wanted to get through all of them.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:39 pm 

Draco’s wandering hands felt like as much of a reciprocation as Harry could hope to get, greedily accepting any sign that Draco perhaps had missed him, too. It sent a shiver across Harry’s skin, making his muscles tense beneath the touch and his breath catch in his throat; he had missed Draco so much that he felt dizzy with want.
Desperate to invite the touch, Harry stepped further into the embrace, encouraging Draco’s hands even closer still. Harry’s own wandered, in turn narrowing his hold of Draco. Skimming from his hips to the fly of his trousers, the fingers of Harry’s right hand boldly dipped beneath the waistband, knuckles brushing against skin as he pulled him closer as his thumb brushed across the button.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:50 pm 

Hooking up with Harry the first time after their breakup had been stupid, and doing it again this soon after was nothing short of absolutely senseless.
Draco was absolutely aware of that much, but that didn’t stop the way that he craves Harry’s every touch, wanting him so close that he would never have to let him go again.
While Draco had thought of how much he’d miss Harry when he had decided to end things between them, nothing could have prepared him to the extent of the loss. He felt constantly lost at see, only really resurfacing when he got to be with Harry again, no matter how brief their affairs might be.
“Please,” he breathed against Harry’s lips, as his hands found Harry’s back, tugging at his shirt in a desperate attempt to get even more of him.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:30 pm 

That single word breathed life into Harry as though it had been spoken directly into his lungs, feeling it fill him to the point of bursting. For a moment, it felt like it filled the void Draco had left in his heart, too, and Harry stretched to prolong that high before it left Draco’s lips.
Harry answered the plea with an almost powerless kiss, a choked sound escaping him when he crashed against Draco. It was unabashed devotion, a surrender of both body and soul; it was with equal devotion that he undid Draco’s fly.
Easing his posture enough to break the kiss, Harry’s hands were already pushing beneath the wool of Draco’s trousers when he regained enough sense of their surroundings for eyes flickered towards the still-open office door. It was only then that he seemed to realise they weren’t in his.
The beat of his heart and the stagger of his breath felt deafeningly loud, and though the Ministry should be deserted, Harry had lost any capability to judge that the moment Draco had reached for him, too unfamiliar with the sounds of people filtering through Cursebreaker offices.
Harry didn’t have enough self-preservation to care. As his full attention returned to Draco, pupils blown with want, Harry still dropped to his knees in front of him, the office door swinging shut with a wordless incarnation.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:13 pm 

_________
In the past couple of weeks, he and Harry had been keeping up the routine of unexpectedly running into each other while doing overtime; something that Draco definitely knew that they couldn’t and shouldn’t keep up, but it was impossible for him not to give into Harry whenever he had the chance to do so.
So far, he had managed to keep it completely from Buchannan and Hannah, knowing that they would judge him harshly, but fairly, if they ever found out, but whenever he was around Harry it was just so incredibly difficult to care about their judgement.
His career was moving forward as well though, with Tsai making more and more obvious hints as to which department she thought that he belonged to, much to Buchannan’s chagrin. It was a different kind of thrill entirely and Draco tried to convince himself that over time it would be enough to replace the thrill of Harry.
As the elevator doors opened, Draco once again on his way down to forensics, he so stuck in his own thoughts that he barely even noticed the very familiar shape already present. Once he did though, he couldn’t stop himself from smiling as he entered and pressed the button for his floor.
“Hello stranger,” he stated once the doors closed behind him and he got confirmation that they were entirely alone.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 3:18 am 

Late afternoon yesterday Harry had finally heard back from the Muggle deputy that the victim had no living relatives, and that they were free to autopsy. Harry had spent the morning at their department regarding the handling of the remains, having only just returned to the Ministry through the street entrance, heading directly to forensics for a hastily arranged status meeting with both Tsai and Buchannan.
“Hey,” Harry said, a pleasant surprise in his voice at the sight of Draco, having not expected him.
These days, it was almost Pavlovian the way Harry’s good mood depended on Draco’s presence, finding larger pockets of presence and happiness than he had been able to muster when they weren’t seeing each other at all. He pointedly ignored the way it dulled everything in comparison, the way it felt like crashing from a high every time they were apart. This wasn’t healthy but even this was more than he dared hope for, and so, it had to be enough.
Harry’s eyes skimmed over Draco with interest, the way they always seemed to do.
“Paul’s sending an alternate?”

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 1:49 pm 

It was incredible to Draco how Harry could keep having that effect on him, making him light up just from being present. It made him feel a little pathetic, but the way his heart flipped in his chest made it hard to really feel bad about it.
“Oh, no,” he said with a sheepish grin, knowing that it made sense for Harry to assume that Paul would be the one to handle cases like this, however, Tsai had taken such a special interest in him that she refused to engage with anyone but him about this case.
“Tsai insists on only having me on the case,” he explained as the elevator started moving, unable to stop himself from feeling proud about the entire thing, though a little self conscious as well. “She claims that it’s because I am a healer and the only one who knows what I am talking about.”

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:18 pm 

Although Draco had already shared as much, Harry didn’t fully grasp the extent of Tsai’s favouritism until that moment. With only a few months of true Ministry experience under his belt, it was quite unheard of for Draco to be requested present in lieu of a Cursebreaking Inspector at a triad meeting; inevitably, it made Harry’s heart flip with equal measures pride and want.
In that same split second, Harry came to consider whether this could be enough, eyes skimming across Draco in his uniform.
It was far less than the intertwined life they had shared when Harry had been cooped up at the Manor, but still mercifully more than the almost brutal distance they had tried to maintain, those first several weeks they were apart. It would at least permit him to stay in Draco’s orbit, getting to experience his successes first hand.
“Lucky us,” he said, a grin tugging at the corner of his mouth when his eyes returned onto Draco’s.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:50 pm 

The comment sent a thrill down Draco’s spine, because he did indeed feel very lucky; both in regards to being so specifically picked out, but also because it meant that he got to spend more time with Harry.
It was absurd really, how easy the two of them had fallen into stolen moments, but if that meant that they got to actually talk outside of those again, then Draco was willing to let it be absurd. He had missed Harry so much that he ached and while this wasn’t nearly enough, then it was better than nothing and Draco had to face the fact that he couldn’t do with nothing.
“Lucky us indeed,” he stated with a warm smile, still constantly surprised by Harry’s continued eager to be around him, feeling it was so painfully undeserved that he almost wanted to ask him to stop. He was never going to though, knowing how it had been to go without Harry around at all and too easily reminded of how painful it had been.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 3:20 pm 

Constantly finding himself wanting more of their interaction, Harry found himself unable to keep his gaze even, every dipped glance a caress he couldn’t place. Next it was Draco’s lips that stole his attention, Harry’s eyes dipping to the curve of his smile. “Yeah.”
The lift only offered a perceived solitude, the threat of the public eye never far removed, and Harry stood his ground even though he itched to reach for Draco, almost able to convince himself that it was allowed.
“What are you doing later?” Harry asked instead, putting an effort into keeping his voice even, desperate for that note of plausible deniability. His expression betrayed him, the moment his eyes refocused on Draco, gaze heavy with the implications.
A little delayed, Harry smiled, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:08 pm 

No matter how much Draco tried to convince himself that the two of them were perfectly capable of being just colleagues by now, he wasn’t blind to the way that Harry’s gaze was wandering; finding it just as thrilling as he always had.
The question did absolutely nothing to lessen the thrill, finding that he kept seeking out Harry to spend more time with him, just as he always had.
“Tsai has offered for me to observe the autopsy, but if you are working late I can give you an update after,” Draco stated, putting on an act for an audience that wasn’t there, but had the risk of appearing at each number that passed on the lift. They were talking far too candidly for the situation they were finding themselves in, but they had so very little time completely alone, so they had to take what they could get.
“I suspect that you are keen to hear of any answers we may find,” he added, the crooked grin on his lips a testament to the what he actually wanted to say.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 99  Next