All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:09 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

“Aw, don’t be like that,” Draco said, both of their grins too wide to fully believe that Harry was seriously going to leave the embrace. Draco was willing to play along though, tightening his grip around Harry and doing what he could to pull him in close again, not willing to let him go that easy.
“We both know that you adore me,” he stated matter of factly, not doubting for as much as a second that Harry enjoyed his company and viewed him with some level of adoration.
Without further ado, Draco managed to turn Harry slightly back around, just enough to get a hand onto his neck, such that he could pull him close to finally kiss him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:32 pm 

The certainty with which Draco said that Harry adored him sent a wave of vertigo through Harry, feeling like the floor had disappeared beneath him. No matter how lovely and reassuring the sentiment should have felt, it had made Harry’s heart jump, a stuttered vulnerability that, above all, made him feel flushed and embarrassed.
It undoubtedly dissolved his intention to leave the embrace enough for Draco to pull him back close, and Harry was mercifully spared having to admit to any of it.
It took Harry a moment to reciprocate the kiss, a smile reaching his lips before anything else struck him. The relief of finally getting to kiss Draco settled deep in Harry’s bones along with the realization that Draco was absolutely right, no matter how pitiful it felt to admit to it. Harry adored Draco, if that even began to cover it, and his kiss felt like a breath of fresh air after a day of playing pretend.
With no apprehensions, Harry once again leaned into the embrace, wrapping his arms around Draco’s neck.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:29 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

No matter how many times Draco was fortunate enough to feel it, he doubted that he was ever going to get used to the feeling of Harry melting into his embrace like this. It always made him want to pull him even closer, almost as if he would be able to stretch out the moment, if only he could manage to get Harry close enough.
The hand still on Harry’s hip tightened its grip slightly, unsure exactly what he wanted, other than making sure that Harry would always smile at him like that.
As he allowed the kiss to trail off slightly, kissing the corner of Harry’s mouth, his cheek, his jaw, Draco couldn’t stop himself from grinning, feeling as if he was flying and keen on hanging on to that feeling for as long as he could.
“Want me to make it all worth your while?” He offered as his kisses trailed down Harry’s neck, keen to see just how eager Harry was for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:52 pm 

Harry couldn’t help but grin, feeling giddy beyond expression. He felt the curve of Draco’s smile each time his lips brushed his skin, making Harry feel dizzy, happier than he could remember having been in a while.
Much of the happiness wasn’t his own, certainly, simply too intertwined with Draco to truly be able to differentiate it. It was injected into Harry’s bloodstream with every kiss, or else it had lodged itself beneath his skin along with Draco’s magic, way back when they still did regular tests on Harry. Though unable to pinpoint when it had started, Harry felt it now, pitifully and deafeningly.
Hands brushing up the line of Draco’s throat, they settled at his jaw, an encouragement to go on.
“Yeah, alright,” he replied, a breathless little giggle.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:40 pm 

With how nervous Draco had been for the day, it almost seemed surreal that he would get to end it like this. He felt giddy and happy, having had a better day working than he could have ever imagined, but he also knew just how much of it was getting to come home to Harry, even if it wasn’t his home.
The hand on Harry’s hip slid up to his waist as Draco placed a final kiss to his collarbone, wanting to be able to get him somewhere more comfortable as fast as possible.
“You’ll let me take care of you?” He asked with a crooked grin as he pulled away slightly, feeling high on life and just wanting to share it with Harry.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:18 pm 

It took Draco straightening his posture for the full weight of his words to settle with Harry, warmth flushing both his chest and cheeks. The boyish tease had been audible in Draco’s voice, and while that in and of itself had been enough for Harry’s knees to wobble, it was the unabashed expression of joy in Draco’s gaze that made Harry see stars, overwhelmed.
Draco looked at him like he was a treat that was rarely offered, when in reality, Harry felt like he had desired Draco for months, at any time in any way, and most recently, anywhere.
It brought a stupid little smile to Harry’s lips, barely present in his own body. Trying to combat it, he adjusted his grip around Draco’s neck.
“Yeah,” he answered, and his voice came out a laugh. Settling across Harry’s features, his smile widened, and his eyes skimmed across Draco’s face, desperate to commit that sight to memory. “Christ, yes.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:47 pm 

Even if Draco hardly ever thought of asking Harry for these things anymore, he still felt a thrill run through him every time Harry agreed. He always looked like Draco had offered him something special, something that wouldn’t normally be for him, when Draco knew so deeply that he would always be for Harry.
“Good,” he said with a crooked grin, using the hand on Harry’s hip to push him backwards towards the stairs, wanting to get him somewhere he was certain that Kreacher wouldn’t check in on them.
“Come on then,” he added, the grin seemingly cemented on his features by now, but he was simply too happy and at ease to allow himself to be bothered about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:42 pm 

Though Draco had taken every step to forewarn what was to come, Harry still all but tripped over his own feet when urged backwards. Hands leaving Draco’s neck in favour of his arms, he steadied himself against Draco, feeling disconnected from the floor they stood on when not safely held in Draco’s embrace. He was entirely and pitifully caught up in everything that was Draco.
A clumsy smile pulled at Harry’s lips, restless anticipation visible just below the surface. For a moment, he looked like he was considering whether or not the climb upstairs was even worth that wait.
Catching himself in that thought, his smile went lopsided, making a point of grabbing a hold of Draco’s elbow in an invitation to follow him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:40 pm 

Draco felt absolutely juvenile as he dragged Harry through his own home, high from a good day working and by how much Harry seemed to still want him. It was something that would continuously fill him with bight, giddy energy, knowing that even if they had nothing else, he and Harry would always have this right here, right now.
He let go of Harry’s hip and instead took his hand, finding it easier to drag him upstairs that way. It seemed incredible to him that it was always this easy, getting to be around Harry and having Harry want him, even if he hardly felt like he deserved it.
As they finally reached Harry’s bedroom, it got simultaneously more and less real, but Draco didn’t care.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:41 pm 

Harry had probably never felt quite at ease in the wider scope of Grimmauld Place, finding the rooms stiff and unwelcoming, and Kreacher’s persistent presence to be enough to remind him that this house was never quite his. The master bedroom was different, though, wards as old as the house itself marking a boundary at the threshold, allowing Harry a chance at true ease and solitude.
There really was something quite special about sharing that ease with Draco, feeling the room wobble around with either the ward or anticipation.
They had barely shut the door behind them before Harry once again reached for Draco. Catching a hold of his neck, Harry invited him closer, egging him within reach as he himself stretched, meeting the distance halfway with a kiss.
His hands didn’t linger. In a moment of unabashed intimacy, Harry counted on Draco’s continued proximity, even when Harry wasn’t there to keep him close. Instead, Harry’s hands fell to his own chest, undoing the clasps of the first of his many layers.
“We should get you a uniform,” he mused with a grin, lips ghosting clumsily at the corner of Draco’s mouth.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:17 pm 

There was something about the way that Harry always seemed to bring up something incredibly mundane while they were deep in it that always made Draco’s head spin. Maybe it was just the acknowledgment that they both existed outside of this particular situation, and that they existed to each other outside of this situation, but it seemed to get him every single time.
“Why?” He managed, head still spinning from the short kiss, as he sat down on the edge of the bed, pulling Harry with him and helping him undoing the clasps.
“Tired of being the only one with a 20 step undressing routine?” He asked with a crooked grin, pushing at the first of Harry’s many layers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:37 pm 

Harry grinned, staggering forward a step to remain close to Draco. Before he had started undressing before Draco, before they had started sleeping together, Harry had barely spared his many layers a thought. Now, however, there was an undeniable thrill about getting to watch Draco pick them off of him.
Happily relinquishing himself to Draco and his offer, Harry allowed Draco to take on the task of undressing Harry himself. After shrugging off his coat, Harry’s hands found Draco’s shoulders, not meaning to entertain himself too much.
He tugged at the collar of Draco’s shirt.
“I just think you’d look right fit in one,” he grinned, boyishly and unabashedly.
Harry’s hands trailed the curve of Draco’s collar, settling at the nape of his neck. Draco had looked fit without one, a terrible distraction to Harry’s workday. Memories of embraces like this laid so close to the surface that Harry generally seemed to have a hard time looking at Draco without wanting to sink into his lap.
Though embarrassing, the realization simply made Harry’s smile go lopsided.
“Besides, it’s practically protocol. Distracting as it might be.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:47 pm 

Draco was making fast work of Harry’s waistcoat, grinning at the idea of himself wearing an uniform as well. It had never even crossed his mind, having been perfectly comfortable in his own clothes and no one had made any comment on what he was wearing.
“You’d like that, wouldn’t you?” He asked with a crooked grin, pushing the waistcoat off Harry’s shoulders with practiced ease as he started on the buttons on the shirt underneath.
As he got the first couple of buttons of Harry’s shirt loose, he placed a kiss to his collarbone, not minding the mindless chatting, but now that Harry was willing and in front of him, Draco was not going to deprive himself of it.
“I will say, it is fun to get to take you out of it.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:56 pm 

Harry couldn’t help but grin, caught in a damning truth, but one that felt so obvious that he found it hard to care. At some point, his desire for Draco had become common knowledge, and he couldn’t quite get himself to be embarrassed by it, much less so whenever he saw it matched in the way Draco looked at him, or kissed it to his skin.
Withdrawing his hands, he allowed the waistcoat to slip off of his shoulders, pooling at his feet. Though the motion would have to be repeated for the shirt, Harry was quick to reach for Draco, both hands finding a hold of Draco’s jaw.
“I mean it,” he insisted with a chuckle, tugging at Draco to straighten him out enough to look at him. “You should ask for one.”
Harry felt dishevelled and out of beneath Draco’s attention, but there was a reason for the tangent, and one Harry needed to speak into existence before it became diluted in between sweet nothings.
“You did really well today.”
It had been on the tip of Harry’s tongue the entire day but never finding a moment to speak it. It felt a little silly and too intimate to say it here, now, but looking at Draco, Harry much preferred saying it to Draco alone.
It made him smile, lopsided, as he pushed back stray hairs that had escaped Draco’s neat bun. “I’m proud of you.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:15 am 

Right in that moment, Draco was happy that he was already sitting down, uncertain if his legs would have been able to handle the weight of his knees buckling at the compliment. It seemed too intimate, too sincere, and yet all Draco wanted was for Harry to say it again, such that he would be able to properly soak in it and let it settle in his mind.
It made the grin already on his lips widen, having felt certain that his day couldn’t possibly get any better, but of course Harry had to go and be so perfectly sweet and sincere to him.
“Thank you,” he said, almost wanting to laugh at it all, unable to stop the happiness that was bubbling up through him, making everything seem so sweet and lovely. It was difficult not to allow himself to believe that maybe Harry could grow to feel more for him than whatever it was that they currently had, easy to believe that this could actually be them falling in love and not just them being comfortable.
He relished the thought.
“Thank you for giving me the chance,” he felt the need to add, knowing that he would have never gotten to where he currently was, had it not been for Harry taking a crazy chance on him.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:20 pm 

Harry all but laughed, a grin wide on his lips. It felt a little silly and he felt a little shy, as though providing an opportunity was in any way equal to excelling in it, but the gratitude in Draco’s expression was so sincere that Harry couldn’t get himself to thwart it.
To Harry, it had all been Draco, and though the sentiment almost filled his chest to the point of it bursting, he didn’t say it out loud, finding that words would inevitably come short of reality. Instead, Harry kissed the praise onto Draco’s lips, holding him close with fierce adoration.
A smile still too solidly on Harry’s lips for the kiss to be sustainable, he prolonged the affection with a kiss to Draco’s cheek, not ready for them to part.
“You can repay me, if you'd like,” Harry encouraged boyishly into the curve of Draco’s jaw, barely moving his thumb aside to expose warm and flushed skin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:31 pm 

It always seemed as if Harry managed to take Draco completely aback, making his head spin and his knees weak, even if it had only been moments since Draco had been the one with the upper hand. He couldn’t exactly say that it was something he minded, thriving on the way that he felt whenever he was with Harry, but he also knew better than to try and get his hopes up too high. He knew what they were and for now that was more than enough for him, knowing that Harry was there and that he was there for him.
“I was really rather trying to,” he stated with a soft laugh in his voice, mostly undermined by how breathless he was becoming by Harry’s ministrations. It seemed almost like too much, far more than what Draco actually felt like he deserved, but he wasn’t about to use this moment to develop a rational line of thought.
“But then you went soft on me,” he added with a push to his shirt, as if only just now remembering what he had been doing when Harry decided to tell him all those sweet nothings.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:13 pm 

Harry couldn’t help but laugh, and in that moment, he felt more alive than he had in years.
_____

An hour after lunch, the team had collectively retreated their steps. Every spell carried out at Towthorpe had been repeated and re-catalogued, and nothing had come up awry. It had left Paul at a professional standstill, but he could tell Potter was restless with something Paul believed was unease.
They had just called the team to the shrivelled yard at the front of the house. In contrast to Potter, Connor seemed relaxed as she approached, eased into the knowledge that her work the first time around was solid, but Paul knew she counted on him to decide the next step.
“Is there anything you’d like to try?” he eventually asked, attention directed to Malfoy, his expression solemnly professional despite the casual nature of his question.
To his right, he could see Potter glance at him, only for his attention to resettle on Malfoy, a furrow between his brows.
Fearing he might have been unclear, Paul elaborated with a subtle degree of context, not keen on speaking out loud his offer for Malfoy to stray from protocol. “Off the books.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:26 pm 

Still flying high from the day before, Draco had gone into the workday with high hopes for what he would be able to learn and what they would be able to achieve. However, it had quickly become clear to him that the others had been working with this house for months longer than he had, meaning that they were coming to a but of a stalemate.
It made sense after all, knowing that they had likely tried everything that they knew how to do, and yet still Towthorpe refused to show any signs of the volatile magic that had so affected Harry.
While it had frustrated Draco to see the mission reach a standstill, it didn’t mean that he had foreseen Buchannan offering him to just try things out. He had been wanting to comment while the cursebreakers had been going through their protocols, but there had been several spells that Draco had been itching to try and while he knew that it could be potentially risky, he wasn’t about to turn that down.
“Are you sure?” He felt the need to ask, not wanting to accidentally be caught up in something that was way over his head. He was still keen to make a good impression on Buchannan, both because he wanted to do good and because he knew that Harry always had Buchannan’s opinion in high regard.
“Because I do, but I don’t want to overstep.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:37 pm 

Despite yet another gentle morning with Draco, Harry quickly found himself tensing up the longer they spent at Towthorpe, made uneasy by their lack of progress. He had had the impression that Buchannan found him reckless in his urgency, but the case had dragged for close to a year, and Harry’s nerves were worn thin.
So, it was a pleasant surprise when Buchannan unprompted offered Draco the possibility of doing exactly what Harry had dragged him out of the Manor to do, weeks ago.
When Draco pressed for a confirmation, Harry saw Buchannan turn to him. While it was Buchannan’s protocol to break, Draco was still Harry’s employee, and only barely out of Ministry suspicion. Buchannan had done right in directing the question to Harry, though frankly, Harry had a vested interest in seeing Draco succeed, and little patience for the slow progress the Ministry had done at Towthorpe.
“Go ahead,” he encouraged without hesitation, the furrow leaving his brow as soon as his attention returned onto Draco. Something flickered across his expression, a smile that wasn’t allowed proper footing among professional peers.
“That's why you’re here.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 99  Next