All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:10 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The chuckle did eventually escape him, a soft little snort under the weight of Draco’s embrace, the mattress bobbing beneath him. Turning onto his side, he chased to keep Draco in his sight, meeting the embrace half way.
Harry hadn’t realised just how much the sheets smelled of Draco until Draco cuddled close and didn’t. Lying like this, Draco smelled of a stuffy bar and lager, and Harry couldn’t help but grin, utterly in love with the man beside him. Draco smelled of Friday and Harry’s heart felt like bursting knowing Draco had gotten to experience that.
Without hesitation, Harry wrapped a lazy hand around Draco’s neck, fingers finding the sliver of skin beneath Draco’s shirt collar.
“Yeah?” he encouraged, his smile toothy. Draco had been blurry in the doorway, far outside of Harry’s field of focus but here, now, Draco looked flushed with intoxication, and so, so beautiful. “Surprised she didn’t have you pay for all of them.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:25 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Immediately, Draco allowed himself to completely sink into Harry’s embrace, overwhelmed by how comfortable and familiar it felt. He literally couldn’t imagine any other end to his night than this and it felt surreal to know that this was actually something that he could have.
The love he felt for Harry was overwhelming, causing Draco to make stupid decisions just to get more of this, knowing just how far he would go to keep Harry around.
“I think she wanted to but didn’t feel like she could demand it when I was being such a good sport about it,” he beamed, feeling good about himself and how he had acted during the night out. After all, this was something very new to Draco; another thing that he hadn’t thought would ever be for him.
“How have you been? Terribly bored without me?” He found himself asking, heart aching at just how soft and comfortable Harry looked, still not quite used to seeing him on his bed but enjoying the sight nevertheless.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:59 am 

The corner of Harry’s mouth quirked, a sheepish acknowledgement of being caught in a truth. Spending his days alone at the Manor was quickly growing old, the space really quite oppressive to be in, but it was impossible to acknowledge that without also facing the fact that Harry hadn’t even considered leaving, staying here for just this. Whether it was five o’clock or well past midnight that Draco came home, it outweighed any boredom Harry had had to endure, all within a heartbeat.
Harry would spend his life at the Manor, if Draco would just keep coming home to him.
“Terribly,” he concurred with a tease, after all finding it easier to lean into the vulnerability than to attempt to downplay it.
Tightening his grip around Draco, Harry ran his hand as far down Draco’s spine as his shirt would allow him to. “Good thing you’re back.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:04 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

A grin had taken permanent place on Draco’s lips ever since he came home to see Harry still there, feeling so genuinely cared about and safe in Harry’s embrace that he never wanted to leave again. Harry’s hand under his shirt only made him cuddle in closer, wanting to be as close to Harry as humanly possible.
“You poor thing,” Draco stated with a sweet smile, hiding his face in the crook of Harry’s neck, wanting to surround himself in everything that was Harry.
Even if he had had a brilliant evening, Draco had still missed being around Harry so terribly that he was almost trying to make up for it now.
“Whatever shall we do about that?” He asked with a crooked grin, placing a soft kiss to his neck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:07 am 

The feeling of Draco’s breath against his neck made Harry grin through a shudder, giddy in how juvenile this felt, and by the seemingly inexplicable way he managed to capture Draco’s attention. Happiness bloomed through his chest, feeling exceptionally lucky to get to experience such unbridled affection.
Withdrawing his hand from Draco’s shoulder blade, Harry instead allowed himself the indulgence of wrapping both arms around Draco’s shoulders, happy to encourage this new proximity. One hand settled at the nape of his neck, skin exposed by the bun still in his hair, and suddenly, Harry wanted nothing more than to pick him apart.
Turning his head towards Draco, Harry’s face brushed against the hair at Draco’s temples.
“Why don’t I show you how much I’ve missed you?” Harry asked with a smile, the late hour bringing such a softness to his affection that it was barely short of religious devotion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:36 pm 

The offer, the promise, made Draco look up at Harry again, smile still wide on his lips now much closer to a juvenile grin.
While them having sex was far from new to them, Draco was still thrilled every time Harry showed an explicit interest in him like that, feeling certain that he was never going to stop having that feeling when it came to Harry. He knew part of it was the love he had for him, but part of it was also just the feeling of being desired in such an explicit way.
“Yeah?” He said with a wide grin, using the arm he had around Harry’s waist to pull himself up to be properly on face level with him.
“I’d like that,” he said, completely and utterly unashamed. “I missed you.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:01 pm 

As Draco sat up straighter, Harry himself moved forward, filling the space as Draco created, as though pulled by a string. Propped up on his elbow, he allowed himself to look at Draco in the sparse light filtering through the windows.
Draco looked all askew, the collar of his shirt stretched and lopsided, and hair had escaped the bun around his hairline. It was hard to tell how much had happened within the last couple of minutes; the way Draco’s guard had fallen, how open and young he looked, Harry felt certain was reserved for just the two of them.
“I missed you, too,” Harry repeated, wanting to say it properly.
The words were a propeller, accompanied by Harry’s hand around Draco’s knee, pulling him properly onto Harry’s lap and he himself sat up. They were entirely too dressed for the proximity they shared, but it allowed Harry’s hands to wrap around Draco’s hips, stretching into him to catch his lips in a kiss, finally.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:32 pm 

As always, Draco found it remarkably easy to move when Harry prompted him to, always wanting to be even closer to him, especially when it was because Harry wanted him closer as well. He didn’t think that he had it in him to ever grow sick of it, wanting to be open and vulnerable with Harry whenever he got the chance.
He had just made himself comfortable one Harry’s lap when he stretched up to kiss him, causing Draco to smile into it, feeling so happy and at ease that he could honestly weep.
He hadn’t been lying or exaggerating when he told Harry that he had missed him, wanting so desperately to be close to him and feel that sense of being desired. As he leaned in to kiss him back he honestly couldn’t imagine ever feeling happier than he did when he was with Harry like this and he was going to soak up every single moment, knowing that their time together would likely end up being cut short.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:12 pm 

Harry grinned into the kiss, the feel and weight of Draco’s body against him so familiar. It was all encompassing, a multiplier to the pull gravity had on him; Harry doubted he would ever feel as grounded as he did beneath Draco.
Running his hands from Draco’s hips to his ribs, Harry’s fingers pushed beneath the fabric of his shirt until it bunched. It was a futile effort, aimless in the way he never reached for the line of buttons; it was simply a chase for skin, so compelled to strip Draco not only of his clothes but of the part of Draco that had already been perceived by others today.
A natural continuation of that exact same thought, Harry reached briefly for Draco’s jaw, a tangle of arms, with the sole purpose of letting his hands slip to the nape of his neck.
Having to break the kiss, Harry brushed a ghosting of another across Draco’s cheek, a chuckle in his breath as he looked across Draco’s shoulder.
“Let me.”
Hands half in his sight, Harry picked at the ribbon tying Draco’s hair back, a treat of a task Harry would not soon grow tired of.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:52 pm 

The familiarity in the way they were around each other always managed to make Draco’s head spin, still feeling so incredibly lucky that this was something that he got to have.
When Harry’s hand moved to undo the bun he had had for most of the day, finding that there was some level of ritual in Harry being one of the few getting to see him with his hair down. It felt right in a way, getting to be open with Harry in a way that he never really had with anyone else.
“Be my guest,” he stated, his hands moving to Harry’s chest wanting to find a way to be even closer to him, finding that this really was the only way that this day could end for him if he wanted it to be perfect.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:43 pm 

By now, Harry had undone Draco’s hair often enough to know it was mostly kept back by an old Wizarding trick; it barely took pulling at the ribbon for the spell to give way, and Draco’s hair fell in a single ringlet down his spine.
Quite unceremoniously, Harry tossed the ribbon aside, aiming for the nightstand but failing to notice whether or not it had simply disappeared off the edge of the mattress. Far more interested in Draco himself, Harry ran both hands through Draco’s hair, fingers pressing against Draco’s scalp to rub at an itch Draco hadn’t expressed.
Harry’s hands settled at the nape of Draco’s neck, a steady anchor to keep him properly in his sight for a moment. It was almost inevitable, how Harry’s smile widened to a grin.
Draco was a sight to behold, lucid in the darkness. The way his hair relaxed left a fine halo around his face, backlit from the sparse light filtering through the window, and Harry had never seen anything like it - not before he had gotten to experience Draco like this.
“Christ, you’re beautiful.” It escaped Harry thoughtlessly, almost a prayer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:10 pm 

There was something in the way that Harry always seemed to devote all of his attention to Draco that made his head spin, wanting to bask in it and enjoy it for as long as it lasted. He could feel himself being greedy with Harry’s attention, constantly uncertain for how long he would have it and wanting to make the absolute most of it while he did.
“You’re too much,” he said with a wide grin that undercut the comment, too clearly happy and content with the compliment for it to be properly dismissive.
There were so many things that Draco wanted to say to Harry as well, things that would definitely ruin everything so he had to keep quiet; the words making his tongue feel thick in his mouth. He wrapped his arms around Harry’s shoulders, absolutely needing too be as close to him as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:30 pm 

The way Draco brushed off the compliment did nothing to stop Harry from grinning, wide and entertained. Whether or not Draco had realised it, his words carried a detrimental truth. Harry himself was aware of it, just how much he strived to be good to Draco, to keep up and live up to the expectations Draco held for him. It stood in stark contrast to how he struggled to live up to the public’s perception of him; but really, when it all came down to it, he simply liked Draco’s version of him better.
A boyish grin to his face, Harry dropped his hands from Draco’s face, instead wrapping them tight around the outside of his thighs.
“Shut up,” he cussed with a chuckle, shifting beneath Draco to seat himself onto his knees, a juvenile balancing act.
Shifting his hands to a more stable hold around the small of Draco’s waist, Harry toppled them over and onto Draco’s back, as though they had been a decade younger than their age

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:59 pm 

Moving easily, this being a well known song and dance to them, Draco allowed Harry to topple them over and for him to get on top of Draco. It’s did nothing to diminish the grin on his lips, easily moving his hands to wrap around Harry’s shoulders, and as he looked up at Harry he felt almost certain that if he were to look, he would be able to see the love that Draco felt for him in his gaze.
“You’re very beautiful too,” he stated with a warm smile and he genuinely meant it. He really did think that Harry was beautiful, especially when he was like this, all soft and smiling, making Draco feel like this was special and uniquely for him.
He wasn’t blind to the fact that he probably wasn’t Harry’s only sexual partner, but with all the time they were spending together lately, Draco still liked to believe that he was the primary one; at least at the moment.
“I like the uniform but I like you better like this,” he admitted, the wine loosening his tongue and letting thoughts that he would normally keep to himself slip out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:14 pm 

Harry was certain he had yet to experience Draco this open, his expressions stripped of any inhibitions by alcohol, and there, in the honesty of his gaze, Harry saw a glimmer of emotions he had thought were his alone.
It made his smile wobble, above all feeling unsure it wasn’t just a trick of the eye, or simply a reflection of the love he knew he had for Draco. Still, it took hold of the pit of Harry’s stomach, and in that moment, he didn’t have it within him to explore it, fearing what he could risk ruining if he went looking for it.
Instead, Harry sought out what he knew, allowing the weight of Draco’s arms to draw him closer. Burying his face into the crook of Draco’s neck, he needed to convince himself that he had been mistaken. Intent on pushing that line of thought aside, perhaps indefinitely, he pressed a kiss to Draco’s bare skin. There, Draco didn’t smell of the pub but of himself, and this, just this, was so familiar and safe to Harry, and he wanted nothing more than to get to stay in it.
“Yeah?” he asked, feeling a little faint despite the tease he willed to his voice. Harry kissed him again, this time where his neck met his shoulder, a selfish distraction. “Is that why I haven’t been allowed back to work?”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:24 pm 

Draco couldn’t help but chuckle at that, having quite enjoyed getting to come home to Harry in this way, even if he knew that it couldn’t last forever. He hadn’t realised how much he had missed having someone around until he suddenly had it, Harry having quite literally dumped into his life and simply refused to leave again.
“That is exactly why,” he stated with a crooked grin, moving his hands into Harry’s hair, once again appreciating just how long it had gotten and how well it suited him.
Sometimes, he did think of what they could have been had their lives turned out differently, not that it made a whole lot of sense to dwell too much on that as neither of them could chance what had already happened. Instead, Draco was intent on enjoying what he had and simply not overthink any of it.
“I’ve purposefully been keeping you weak so I get to keep you around.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:53 pm 

While it had been Harry himself who had led the conversation astray, he couldn’t help himself from snorting a laugh against Draco’s skin, a miserable little sound. Even said in a tease, Draco’s response made Harry’s heart jump with a newfound dread, finding himself listening for something beyond the grin in Draco’s voice. He sounded content, and Harry found himself clinging to that, wanting this to be enough.
Leaning back and away from the safety of Draco’s embrace, Harry didn’t even attempt an answer. Instead, he sought to drown out every erratic thought buzzing just barely in the periphery of his consciousness, ducking to meet Draco’s lip in a kiss. It was a plea, ebbing over with a cluster of emotions. In it Harry recognized the bloom of happiness and with it, the bittersweet realisation that this simply wasn’t made to last.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:54 pm 

______
The weekend had passed before Draco even had had time to think about it, having actually gotten to just sit around and relax for once. It had helped that Harry still seemed pretty exhausted, which had made it easy to sleep in and just enjoy each other’s company.
Even as it became more and more obvious, Draco tried not to dwell on how much more comfortable he always was when Harry was around. It was a change he could feel in himself, how much more relaxed he was and how much better he seemed to sleep. He could honestly say that he had never slept as well in his life as he did when he got to fall asleep with Harry, something that thrilled and terrified him in equal measure.
Their shared morning made it hard to entirely forget such thoughts though, both of them falling into a domestic pattern that absolutely made Draco’s heart ache, unable to entirely stop himself from thinking of how it would feel if it could be like this all the time.
He tried not to linger on it for too long.
“When was your meeting today?” Draco found himself asking as he reached for his cup of tea, wanting to know how much of a hurry they were in.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:25 am 

After several long days alone at the Manor, Harry had had a splendid weekend. It was both remarkable and pitiful how great of an impact Draco’s mere presence had on lighting up the rooms, and how majorly he improved Harry’s sense of comfort in a house that was quite traumatic.
Draco had been more willing to be distracted from work, and having spent the past few days without Draco slipping off to his study to add to an already massive amount of work he had done this week, it had struck Harry how normal this felt. It was subtly but decidedly different from the months Harry had spent locked in at the Manor; it had, in fact, felt like a proper weekend.
Best when Harry thought he had put aside any feelings of doom that lingered from Friday night, it surged within him, flashes of anxiety peppered between lazy, comfortable moments. In any other case, Harry would have left, but before he ever had the chance, Draco had unknowingly reeled Harry back in, and Monday morning, Harry was still there, sitting at Draco’s dinette.
“First thing, I think,” Harry said before taking a bite of toast; the question made him turn to glance over his shoulder, by now familiar enough with Draco’s kitchen to know where to look to find a clock. “To him that’s nine.”
Reluctantly, Harry had Saturday admitted to Draco that people were taking notice of his spotty hours; Friday, a letter had arrived asking Harry to attend a sickness absence interview with Robards. Harry wasn’t exactly thrilled about having to explain this part year to Robards, who had so far only heard the basics.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:58 pm 

Draco simply hummed at that, taking a sip from his tea as he looked at Harry, trying not to think too much of the domesticity of the situation. They still had plenty of time then and Draco enjoyed that neither of them had to rush to get to the ministry.
“Want me to write you a healer’s note for your absence?” He offered with a crooked grin, knowing that Harry had to show up no matter what, but even briefly entertaining the idea that they might both skip work and stay home put a smile on his face. Also, he knew that Harry really didn’t want to go, so while Draco knew that he couldn’t get him out of it, he still liked pretending.
“You look far too sick to go to the ministry today,” he stated matter of factly, carefully placing his cup back in its saucer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 99  Next