All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:16 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

While Draco probably should have seen the kiss coming as soon as Harry covered Draco’s hand with his own, but it still very much took him aback. It suddenly seemed a lot more obvious what was about to happen, even if Draco had had very little doubt in his heart about where they were going with their afternoon.
“See you there,” Draco muttered, a soft smile on his lips as Harry apparated out of the office, leaving Draco alone.
It granted him a moment to gather himself back up, taking a moment to consider if he really did want to spend more time with Harry, after having been separated from him all weekend. The only thing that did was to serve as a reminder that Draco would do anything to get more time together with Harry, especially if it meant that they were going to be alone.
It was pitiful and Draco hated just how taken he still was with Harry, but he also knew that he wouldn’t do any work to actively amend that.
Instead, Draco too apparated to the agreed upon location.
He had tried to aim for the street, just as Harry had told him to do, so he was surprised when he found himself in front of a front door. Taking a moment to take in his surroundings, he realised that he indeed was at the front door of no. 12 Grimmauld Place, somewhere he shouldn’t be able to be, at least not like this.
Still weirded out, Draco went to knock on the door, which instead swung open as he reached out to touch it.
“Harry?” He called out, assuming that he was behind the entire thing, having maybe just worked quicker than Draco had thought he could.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:18 am 

With a crack Kreacher was the first to reach the hall, appearing a yard away from Draco, all manners seemingly lost to old age.
There was a look of surprised reverence in the old house elf's gaze as he gawked up at Draco, his presence in the house incomprehensible to him. Brazenly, Kreacher limped closer, clutching at Draco's cloak with, heavy tears of relief collecting at the corners of his eyes.
"Master Black," the old elf babbled, his voice almost a sob.
Only moments mater, Harry appeared in the doorway leading into the livingroom, having only come from the basement when the front door chimed, announcing the arrival of a guest. Harry had quite frankly never heard the sound, and yet the sight that met him was even more incomprehensible.
"What are you doing?" Harry perplexed, more exhasperated annoyance than true anger. Stepping closer, Harry reached for Kreacher's shoulder; of many ireprehensible habits the elf had, and Harry had come to get used to, this was new and immensely disconherning. "Get off him, Christ -"
Even beig forced at a distance of Draco, Kreacher clung to the fabric for as long as he could, desperation in both his grip and protests. "Horrible, awful halfblood! Master has returned, rotten Potter has to leave, unwelcome-"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:16 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Everything happened so fast that Draco hardly could wrap his head around the entire thing.
Between having been able to simply enter the house and immediately getting doted on by a house elf, Draco didn’t know which leg to stand on, much less when the elf started hurling abuse at Harry instead. It was all just a lot to take in and Draco wasn’t really sure how to handle it.
“Kreacher, is it?” Draco instead asked, feeling confident that he would have more luck with getting through to the house elf than Harry would. He had never before seen a house elf react that violently to its master, but it was a weird old house and Draco had an inkling that the elf likely came with the house.
“Why don’t you make some tea for me and master Potter?” He requested, having that be the only thing that really came to mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:05 pm 

Both Harry and Kreacher seemed surprised at the interjection; Harry to see Draco keep his cool faced with all of this, and Kreacher with blind adoration.
“Yes, Master,” he sniffled, and with that, Kreacher apparated out of Harry’s grip; the crack of the apparation repeated itself somewhere in the depths of the house, and in the quiet of Harry’s startled disorientation, the grumble of the house elf praising Draco’s arrival was heard through the stairwells from the kitchen below them.
Harry nearly sobbed a laugh himself, feeling like the entire situation had knocked him off his feet.
“So I guess we’re having tea,” he fumbled, a good-humoured little smile pulling at his lips. Though the invitation had always been for tea, Harry hadn’t actually expected it, and it showed on his expression. “Did he let you in?”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:34 pm 

The request for tea had mostly been to get the house elf out of their way long enough for them to be able to talk, but now that Draco had actually sent for it, it seemed rude to not actually drink it. He had definitely feared that he had overstepped, but getting to see Harry’s reaction to the entire ordeal was enough to put his mind more at ease.
The question took Draco aback though, having been convinced that Harry had been the one too let him in, but apparently that wasn’t the case.
“I thought it was you who did that,” he admitted, a soft frown on his face as he did. Based on what little Harry had told him and what Draco already knew of the house, he really shouldn’t have been able to enter the house the way that he did.
“I tried to apparate to the street, but I ended up at the front door, when I tried to knock it swung open,” Draco explained, unsure if that was going to make any lick of sense to Harry.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:56 pm 

Harry blinked, the smile on his lips frozen in time as he tried to make sense of that.
“No,” he eventually replied, his brows quirking first in confusion as he stepped into the entryway. “I was still downstairs trying to ease the Fidelius.”
It seemed unlikely that it was Kreacher, though, the elf usually just as disinterested in guests as the house itself, equally rude to others as he was to Harry. But then again, Draco wasn’t like anybody Harry had ever had over.
His gaze dipped to Draco’s chest, though there was nothing there to provide an answer; and yet, there was, the way Kreacher had referred to Draco as Master Black seeming to process all at once.
As the realization settled over him, Harry couldn’t help but laugh, an odd kind of thrill filling his chest, spilling over the physical bounds of his being. Harry had only barely gotten within reach of Draco before stepping back again, ducking his head with a grin.
“Right. Welcome to your house, I guess,” he chuckled, making a vague gesture into the narrow hallway. When his attention returned onto Draco, Harry was beaming, boyishly riled rather than offended, his eyes bright with interest. “Ancestral home, and all; guess I’m just living in it.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:20 pm 

It took a moment longer for Draco to realise what was going on than it evidently did for Harry, but once it actually hit him it hit him like a boulder. It hadn’t even really clicked for him that Kreacher had referred to him as master Black rather than master Malfoy, but of course that would be the way that the house elf knew him.
“Oh,” he said, unsure what else there really was to say about a realisation like that. Harry had come into the house due to a weird chain of circumstances after all, so it made sense if the sense of ownership and the line of power had gotten a little twisted in the house and for Kreacher.
“Right, of course,” he said, trying to shake himself out of it, but the reveal sat wrong with him, having never really felt too attached to any of his ancestral families. “I guess I just forget that I am a Black.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:05 pm 

Harry himself didn’t seem particularly burdened by the realization. He had always been aware, really, Sirius’ family weighing so much on him that Harry hadn’t ever really been able to shake the knowledge that Draco was family
“He certainly didn’t,” Harry grinned, taking a step towards Draco, seeing him linger at the doorway with hesitancy. The invitation was genuine, but the house hadn’t ever really felt like Harry’s to begin with; even if it had, Kreacher had refused to leave, happy to remind Harry that this wasn’t his birthright.
Coming to a stop a few feet ahead of Draco, Harry wondered if he really owed Kreacher the courtesy to allow him to serve them tea. Probably not. Now that Draco was within reach, tea was the last thing on Harry’s mind, and though he itched to cross the distance to be with him, really and /again/, he stalled, unable to commit to it. His eyes did dip to Draco’s lips, though, if only for a moment.
“Would you like a tour?” he asked, coming across almost proper, the restrain seeping into his tone of voice. A giddy smile pulled at the corner of his mouth when he met Draco’s eye, inevitably. “I’m sure Kreacher will serve us tea in the palour.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:06 pm 

It was evident that the realisation that the house and Kreacher clearly considered Draco to be their rightful owner didn’t do much to deter Harry, in fact, it almost seemed to be the other around. The way that Harry was grinning at him and offering a tour of the house was enough to make Dracos legs weak, wanting to do anything to keep him smiling like that.
“I’d love a tour,” he managed, completely caught in Harry’s orbit and unable, perhaps even unwilling, to break free again. They had decided to go to Grimmauld for a reason after all and that was suddenly very apparent in their interactions again.
“I haven’t been here since I was a kid.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:33 pm 

Thoughtlessly, Harry nodded, a small acknowledgement of Draco’s words. It made sense that he hadn’t visited in ages, the house having been all but abandoned for years between the death of Walburga and the second war. It hadn’t been a home worth visiting.
Harry wasn’t sure it was now, either, but it was his house, and he couldn’t wait to see how Draco looked in it, an urge to experience him in every room creeping down his spine.
“Come on in, then,” Harry invited, stepping backwards far enough to gesture into the room to his left, the living room dining room facing the street. Harry had done very little to the house, wood trim and wall papers their original dark tones, but contrary to the narrow entryway, the room had windows, the room illuminated by the August sun.
A joke pulled at Harry’s lip, finding it hard not to grin. “Make yourself at home.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:43 pm 

Everything about his visit had been so sudden that Draco hadn’t really had the time to think about what Harry’s home might look like. However, he found that what met him took him aback, so close to the home that he remembered as a kid that it all felt a bit eerie. He trailed softly after Harry, taking his time in taking it all in and trying to remember what it had been like when he was a kid.
In many ways, it reminded him of the manor, the style of decor being extremely similar, though the couch a and chairs all seemed newer and likely far more comfortable than the ones he kept at the manor. He had never gotten around to change anything back home himself, but it made sense that Harry would’ve.
“It looks just like I remember it,” he noted, unsure if Harry had wanted any comments at all, but it was difficult not to notice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:34 am 

Harry was looking at Draco when Draco looked at the room. Draco looked like he belonged there, old aristocratic features suiting the inherent sternness of Grimmauld Place. Draco’s presence also struck Harry as familiar, only now really seeing how similar Malfoy Manor and his house were decorated; it did indeed feel like they had been here before.
“I haven’t changed much,” he agreed.
They had touched on it, months ago before they really became comfortable talking about things. Harry had moved to Grimmauld Place after the divorce, and then, it had simply been a question of making the home habitable, both him and Ginny needing that distance from one another.
The house had been cleared and cleaned, but he hadn’t spent much time refurnishing the house, the grand part of the furniture still whichever period pieces could be salvaged.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:42 pm 

Draco definitely had to agree with that, recognising so much of the interior that it was unlikely that Harry had changed much of anything. It was nice in a way, even if it wasn’t a place that Draco had ever thought of as particularly homey, but it meant less that he had to adjust his thinking to.
“I can tell,” he said with a soft smile, only now properly looking at Harry again, struck by how horrible ill-fitting he looked in the nice living room. That too was familiar in a way, having gotten used to seeing Harry at the manor. It was a strange kind of disconnect, but one that Draco could more easily accept, knowing that he could accept most of everything as long as it involved Harry.
“Got a passion for period decor?” He asked with a crooked grin, wanting to lighten the mood.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:05 pm 

The question made Harry smile widen, having never really considered it. He hadn’t given the choice of decor much thought, caught between appreciation for old wizarding craftsmanship and having no reason to show it any reverence. The house and its furnishings had belonged to people whom Harry had never known, and whose memory he didn’t feel particularly compelled to respect.
In fact, now thinking about it, Harry could almost be tempted to say he only really enjoyed it when he actively disrespected it.
“Burning,” he replied with a grin and feigned interest, an utter and complete bluff.
From the room next over, the crack and clatter of Kreacher’s rough apparations and placement of porcelain was heard; though it didn’t make Harry’s eyes leave Draco, his head did tip towards the sound.
“Though I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever seen our good china,” he admitted, his smile becoming easier and more boyish.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:50 pm 

There were few things Draco enjoyed more than that boyish grin on Harry, finding that it almost made his stomach flip and his heart stop. It felt so special to Draco, as if that particular smile only existed for him, even if he knew that to not be the truth.
“Kreacher doesn’t think that the company you keep is good enough for that?” Draco asked as he started walking in the direction that Harry nodded. While tea had never actually been their plan, Draco found that he could really use a cup.
While there was a lot that seemed very familiar at Grimmauld, everything also seemed so brand new that Draco had a hard time wrapping his head around it all. He had decided that he would be okay with not being intimate with Harry again even before Harry left, but now he knew what a foolish thought that was and how impossible that would be to live up to.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:32 pm 

Harry watched as Draco made his way through the room, taking a few seconds to follow him himself, entertained by the tease. It seemed like seeing Harry outside of the Manor had expanded Draco’s perception of him, existing beyond the four walls of their study; implying that Harry had a steady rotation of people over for "tea" made him snicker, flattered.
“I don’t think I keep enough company for him to have an opinion,” he dismissed, easily and truthfully, though the chuckle remained audible in his voice.
The house was simply not warded in a way that made it easy to keep any sort of company. The ease with which Draco entered was both surprisingly pleasant and thrilling, unable to shake how dangerously appealing that was to Harry. He didn’t linger at the knowledge that Harry had invited Draco not knowing this, prepared to deal with the hassle that was his wards if that meant prolonging Draco’s company.
Mercifully, that thought was washed away at the sight of the spread Kreacher had prepared. On the coffee table was several platters of treats, and four separate tea pots, neither of which Harry had ever seen before.
“Not enough for four pots, blimey,” he exhaled, eyes darting to the elf still in the room.
At a distance, Kreacher seemed forewarned enough to not attempt to reach out for Draco again, keeping on the opposite side of the table; his eyes were firmly on Draco, searching for approval, the excess clearly stemming from nerves.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:53 pm 

Even though Draco had been the one to ask Kreacher to make the tea, he really hadn’t expected a spread quite of this magnitude. As he glanced over at the house elf, it was clear that he was about to explode from nerves, something that made Draco feel ill at ease. He wasn’t exactly used to anyone being this eager to plead him specifically, but he also knew better than to try and distract a devoted house elf from the duties they felt were theirs.
“Thank you, this’ll do,” he said, knowing that Kreacher was going to keep staring until he said something about the spread. It had likely been a long time since the house elf had gotten to serve anyone he deemed to be worthy of having tea in the old Black house and Draco wanted to do his best to live up to that.
Unsure how to really handle himself, feeling that he had already taken too much control in Harry’s home, but he also didn’t feel like he could step back now. Needing to make a decision, Draco sat down on the couch in front of the extravagant spread.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:13 pm 

It was soon becoming apparent that Draco’s mere presence added a previously unknown calm to the elf and the house, making Harry feel like he was even more of a stranger to it all than Draco was.
As Harry tentatively took a seat on the couch beside Draco, he looked over at Kreacher, not as much with suspicion as with genuine curiosity, witnessing in real time how relief washed over the old elf at Draco’s approval.
“Help yourself,” Harry encouraged, though he felt close to no ownership on the spread, finding it oddly formal.
One thing leading to another, they had tricked themselves into a situation that felt incredibly out of character for the both of them, and though Harry had otherwise reached out for Draco whenever they shared a seat, he now felt weirdly infantilized with Kreacher’s watchful eye on him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:23 pm 

Everything seemed so oddly formal, especially compared to how they used to be around each other, but Draco tried to get comfortable in it. He made a small flurry with his hand and made one of the pots pour tea into his own cup, even with his wand firmly pressed against his thigh it just seemed a lot easier to use wandless magic.
“Which one would you like?” He asked, prepared to serve the tea for Harry as well. Their roles had been swapped and now Draco seemed to be in the role of host, mostly due to how the house and Kreacher reacted to him. It wasn’t how Draco had imagined that their afternoon would go, but looking back he had a hard time imagining how else it could have possibly gone down.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:38 pm 

Harry felt like an actor in a play. Sitting next to Draco, they existed in the same two dimensional space, Kreacher an unwelcome audience to it all, only serving to stifle the familiarity they otherwise had found in one another.
“Uh,” Harry fumbled, unable to pay proper mind to either his options or Draco’s question, finding the scowl Kreacher was sending him from a yard away to be greatly distracting.
It once again brought a huffed laugh out of him, finding the situation beyond ridiculous, unable to gather his mind on one single thing.
“Sorry,” Harry chuckled, turning towards his house elf, resting his forearms on his knees as he leaned forward.
“Kreacher.” When he spoke, Harry’s voice was matter-of-factly, a smile pulling at his lips, unable not to; he felt light laughing. “Would you please **** off? You’re creeping me out.”
For a moment, Kreacher looked like he might have hexed Harry, the furrows of his scowl growing deeper. His eyes glanced at Draco for help, but finding no shared distress in Draco’s expression, he swallowed the curse, disappearing out of sight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 99  Next