All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:29 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Remus’ eyes were on the shirt in his hand, having done up a few odd buttons back when he had first folded it, but his attention was unmistakably on Black, too-aware of how he filled the room.
It made Remus do a double take, glancing over at him. This time, his gaze dipped to the two mugs in Black’s hands; the offer for tea seemed like it had been years ago.
“Sorry, hang on,” Remus asked of Black, eyes back onto his shirt as he unpicked the row of buttons, finally able to pull it on.
More at ease as soon as fabric covered his shoulders, Remus took a step away from his bed towards Black, actually quite excited to end the night with a cuppa. Some of it must have showed, a juvenile little smile somewhere in his expression as he reached for a mug, either one.
“Are they the same?” he asked, not wanting to assume Black hadn’t made one for his liking.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:40 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius barely heard what Remus was asking him, too taken aback by the grin that he was served and the chest that he had just been allowed to see.
Once he managed to gather his senses, a crooked grin made its way to his lips as well, feeling a little silly and very flustered.
“Yeah, they’re both black,” he managed as he offered one of the mugs to Remus, pointedly looking at his face just so he could stop himself from looking at his chest.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:44 pm 

Remus accepted the mug with a soft hum, almost immediately raising it to his lips. He made no move to drink of it, the steam warm against his face as he turned to return to his half of the room.
“Ta, Sirius,” he spoke overtop of the rim of the mug, only looking at Black with a glance over his shoulder. The gratitude, however, was entirely genuine.
Remus took a careful sip as he returned to his own bedside, putting the mug down on the window, freeing his hands to finish doing up his shirt.
“I’m done for tonight,” he stated, nodding in the direction of their bathroom door.
With an awkward delay, Remus did glance over at Black, hands at his collar. “You can go ahead.”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:14 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

It was only once Remus was properly done up in his nightshirt that Sirius seemed to be able to string a proper thought together again, having been too taken with him to have any rational thoughts in his head.
Sheepishly, he took a sip from his own tea, realising that it was slightly too hot to do that, but paying no real mind to it, just wanting to properly feel like he was in his body again.
“Thanks,” he said with a soft nod as he placed his mug on his desk. He really needed to get that shower and then go right to bed, but he so enjoyed his conversations with Remus that it was hard to let it go. Deciding to pull himself together, Sirius pulled his shirt over his head and grabbed his pajamas from the bed before heading to the bathroom.
“I’ll get to it,” he said with a warm smile as he closed the bathroom door behind him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:48 pm 

Remus’ attention hadn’t been entirely on Black, but when he turned to glance in his direction, intending on offering his goodnites, the sentiment died on his lips. Remus’ gaze didn’t even get a chance to meet Black’s eye line, immediately dipping to his exposed chest and the tattoos covering his skin.
While Remus hadn’t forgotten they were there, he was taken aback by the sight, having not expected Black to undress in front of him. Although feeling frayed from the night, the sight still made Remus’ stomach flip, with either confusion or with intrigue; it struck Remus that it had crossed his mind just how many of his clothes Black intended to remove.
Remus’ attention only refocused when Black turned, eyes only leaving his chest in favour of the back of his head as he disappeared into their bathroom.
Left alone in their room, Remus’ skin suddenly flushed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:51 pm 

_____
It had been a while since Sirius had been present in Mulligan’s classroom without having something to present or something to help Mulligan grade. It wasn’t that he wasn’t happy to be a part of that process as well, in fact he enjoyed both presenting his own thesis and also helping Mulligan in figuring out how to get the current students on the right way, however it was also nice to get to take the backseat for once.
Remus was at the blackboard, the four students having had to take turns in presenting what they had so far for their thesis, and today was Remus’ turn.
After Kelly’s rather abysmal presentation the week before, Sirius easily spotted the looks on their faces as Remus talked about how far he was. By all means, it wasn’t actually that much further, but Remus carried an ease with him in the way he talked about it, an ease that Sirius knew to be for show, that made him seemed as if he had been made for this.
It was impressive to listen to and, if Sirius was being very honest with himself, he cherished the chance to get to just sit at look at Remus without it being weird.
Since their late night encounter, Sirius had been unable to put Remus entirely out of his head, haunted by the sight of dark brown skin mixed with white mixed with purple. Thinking too long of the pattern made Sirius’ head spin, wishing that he could have gotten a chance to explore further, but that was a thought he always shut down quickly.
For now, he was just going to have to sit and enjoy listening to what Remus had to say, knowing exactly what lurked behind the crisply ironed button up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:36 pm 

Having to stand and receive feedback in front of the class had inevitably spiked Remus’ adrenaline, his hands folded at the small of his back, restlessly turning the piece of chalk between his fingers.
He had come to a true standstill by the blackboard as Mulligan commented on the long strings of subtly different Fourier transformation annotated across it, doing what he could to follow along with their professor’s logic and challenge. A small furrow formed between his brows as he shifted his weight.
“It’d result in an image,” he replied, eyes helplessly flickering to Black, a thoughtless search for validation.
Remus would probably have felt more at ease in his presentation had Black not been present, feeling like there was too much transparency between them. Of anyone there, Black had been the only witness to the utter state of despair Remus had been in yesterday when preparing to present even a rough draft of his calculations.
It made the composure Remus so desperately tried to maintain throughout the presentation feel a little silly and entirely ungrounded.
However, Remus failed to meet Sirius’ gaze, the other’s eyeline several inches lowered, making heat bloom through Remus’ chest. Somewhere within him, emotions had intertwined, caught between looking for any sign of academic validation in Black’s expression and the thrill of seeing an entirely different type of interest.
Restlessly and self consciously, Remus tugged at the way his trousers hung on his hips, leaving a fine dusting of chalk on them as he once again directed himself to Mulligan and the board. “Three dimensional. I believe making the three axis -”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:29 pm 

More than once during Remus’ presentation, Sirius caught his gaze slipping to his chest, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to see anything through the cotton, but it was simply too easy to imagine what he had already seen.
He did feel a little guilty for not being able to properly listen to Remus’ presentation, feeling certain that it was brilliant and that Mulligan was pleased with him, even if he wasn’t going to show it. Sirius had witnessed first hand just how nervous Remus had been about the entire ordeal, so eager to do well and show the others what he already had, which only added further to his guilt.
His attention only properly returned to Remus’ presentation once his flatmate turned properly towards the board and Mulligan, making Sirius realise that he had indeed been staring, a fact that caused heat to flush to his cheeks, though he tried to push that down as well.
Instead, he decided to make a real effort in hearing what Remus had to share with him, knowing that they were probably going to be talking about it later.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:35 pm 

Reluctantly, Remus had had to face the fact that his and Black’s academic relationship had greatly improved as they had eased into a tentative friendship. Remus found it immensely easier to turn to Black for help or advice, something which had propelled Remus further into his work with something he had to recognize was competitiveness.
It was with the exact same sense of reluctance that Remus had finally decided to deliver on his promise, stepping into the deep end with their friendship. He told himself it was for the sake of further capitalizing on the progress Black seemed to provide without even trying.
Remus couldn’t remember ever having attended this club without the clear intent of leaving it again, having too often before used it as a means to find business, exclusively. It had only been upon returning to the dorm to find it empty that it had crossed his mind that Black might be working.
Spur of the moment decision, Remus had taken the plunge and for once gone out for the simple sake of having a nice evening out.
It came as no surprise to find the club well-attended, though it was the first time Remus realized it to correlate to the show on stage; Remus had never been here late enough to even see it start.
Otherwise well familiar with the bar, Remus felt clumsy around other patrons, especially when directing himself to another dizzyingly tall performer.
“Is Puppy working tonight?” Remus asked, only realizing that he didn’t know which words to use once he had started speaking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:13 am 

Marina was standing by the stage, having promised the rookies that she’d be watching and provide them with feedback after their first show. It was a small thing really, but she liked helping out the newcomers and getting them started properly.
Her attention was pulled when a man approached her, seeming slightly out of place for the bar, if it hadn’t been for the fact that she was fairly certain that she recognised him, and knew that he too worked there.
When he asked about Puppy, she took another second to look properly at him, taking a drag of her cigarette as she did so, almost as if she had to really consider her answer.
“You must be Moony,” she stated matter of factly, trying to judge if she got the hype that Puppy certainly felt about the guy and coming to the conclusion that yeah, she kinda did.
“She’s backstage, I’ll go get her for you,” she stated and moved out back without further ado.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:39 am 

The name left him stumped; Remus wasn’t sure he was, but he didn’t get a chance to object, his mind stuttering to come with a reply.
Remus hadn’t told Black he’d show, the other having left for the night before Remus returned, and it suddenly struck Remus with the possibility that Black might have been expecting someone else. Over the past few months Remus had seen Black interact with other patrons, some of which could reasonably be Moony.
It had Remus shift his stance with uncertainty, thoughtlessly turning to glance around the room.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:59 pm 

When Marina had come backstage just told Sirius that his Moony were out by the stage, he almost hadn’t believed her, knowing that they liked to make fun of him and that none of them had actually seen Remus. However, by the way that she was grinning, Sirius was certain that she had seen someone, and while it might not be Remus, Sirius felt like it was his responsibility to go and see who it was.
He was more surprised than he probably should be when he came out and actually saw Remus standing there, looking every bit as if he had just left the library to come here; a notion that made Sirius’ stomach flip and his heart beat faster.
“Hi you,” he said with a warm smile as he approached, back on his high heels and with his own hair done up this time, having decided that his own hair would go better with the act he had prepared.
“Fancy meeting you here.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:13 pm 

Among unfamiliar sounds, Sirius’ voice cut through it all with ease, making Remus’ eyes dart to him, no issue placing him in the room.
“Hi, teach,” Remus greeted with a lopsided grin, amplifying the sheepish use of words. Remus knew better than to address Sirius by his given name at work, and though he had come to learn the name under which he performed, it still felt too intimate for him to use.
Shifting his weight, Remus mindlessly took half a step towards Sirius, further narrowing down the space of their conversation, although it didn’t particularly make maintaining eye contact any easier.
“Were you expecting someone else?” he pressed, the challenge in his voice softened by the grin on his lips, his eyes bright and interested as he looked Sirius over. He was constantly taken aback by how exquisitely delicate Sirius’ features were even beneath make-up other more conservative men would certainly deem vulgar.
It did nothing to dampen Remus’ smile, though.
“Who’s Moony?”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:54 am 

Sirius should probably know by now just how bold Remus always seemed to be, yet it always managed to take him by surprise. He wasn’t exactly sure where Remus would’ve picked up on the nickname, but he figured that Marina had probably said something, a fact that made heat rush to Sirius’ cheeks, suddenly feeling very transparent in his interest for Remus, and unsure what his flatmate would think of that.
“Eh, it’s you,” he admitted sheepishly, desperate to shrink himself out of embarrassment, but with his height and his heels it was impossible for him to appear even slightly smaller. It really was rather daft and Sirius wished that that stupid nickname had just remained among the queens.
“It’s daft, and I don’t want you to think that I’m hinting at anything or trying to spread rumours about you or anything,” Sirius started, somehow wanting to preface the entire thing with an assurance that he didn’t think more of their relationship than what it was; them being flatmates and tentative friends.
“But the others has caught onto the fact that I chat with you at the bar sometimes, and when they asked me who you were I told them that we are flatmates, which they took to mean that we are secretly dating or whatever,” Sirius said, already able to tell that he was rambling, but he felt that Remus deserved to know the truth of the pet name.
“I didn’t want to tell them your name, so they started referring to you as my moonlight boyfriend, which then morphed into moony over time,” Sirius continued, feeling flustered and panicked but completely unable to stop himself from talking.
“I swear it wasn’t my idea and I didn’t encourage that kind of talk, but they really won’t let it go and it’s honestly just so much easier to let them have that. I’m sorry if it makes you uncomfortable. I’ll ask them to stop.”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:08 am 

Remus’ mind had been entirely elsewhere when asking the question, the reluctant you Sirius offered making Remus’ brows quirk not with confusion but with startled interest. It was an odd tidbit, followed by an even odder explanation. It made Remus smile, greatly humoured and endeared witnessing Sirius fumble through what was inevitably a nonsensical name grown even more convoluted each time it had been said between the performers.
When Sirius finally ran out of apologies to give, Remus couldn’t help but laugh, light-heartedly.
“Well, I’m flattered, but it seems like you’d be settling,” Remus said, no trace of indignation in his voice. The initial awkwardness of carrying himself in the bar as an actual patron had dissipated as soon as he was in Sirius’ company, making his smile brighter and easier.
“It’s not like we tend to leave together,” he added, cocking his head a little sheepishly considering Sirius already knew how Remus’ visits to the bar usually ended. The insult laid not in being perceived as Sirius’ date, but in the fact that he would have treated Sirius this carelessly had he been.
“A sorry date they must've thought me to be.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:42 pm 

The mere idea that Sirius would be settling if he were to be with Remus seemed absolutely absurd to him, unable to think of someone else he would rather be with. There was something so compelling about his flatmate, making Sirius want so much more, but also constantly feeling uncertain how much Remus actually wanted to do with him.
This conversation did little to ease his mind, feeling baffled and confused by how the conversation was going and not really feeling certain if he had gotten any answers to anything at all.
“There’s been some comments in that, yeah,” he commented in a soft voice, having had to lay ear to the queens telling him that his boyfriend was leaving without him more than once, something he was certain that they only did to get a rise out of him.
“I always defend your honour though.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:16 pm 

Remus smiled at that, personally thinking there was very little honour left to defend, but even in a made up hypothetical, it was nice that Sirius seemed to care.
“I appreciate that,” he replied, his voice airy with the remnants of a laugh, not processing the weight of Sirius’ words.
“No plans tonight, though,” Remus added, making a little gesture to show empty hands, as though he ever carried anything, even while working. While Remus’ didn’t necessarily feel awkward, it did feel distinctly new. an almost juvenile and apologetic tilt to his smile. “Figured it was about time to show up for you.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:49 pm 

During their conversation, Sirius had never once considered the fact that Remus might be there to see him, suddenly finding the mere idea of it very daunting. Sure, Remus had promised to come see him perform some time and while Sirius had always wanted to believe that the promise was truthful, he had never actually believed it.
“Yeah?” He asked, the grin on his lips a little too genuine to properly hide the joy that he was feeling. He wasn’t entirely sure how he felt about Remus actually seeing him perform, but he was just so pleased that Remus would even want to that he didn’t bother with entertaining the idea of it being daunting for too long.
“I better really show up tonight then,” he said with a crooked grin.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:44 pm 

__

Remus had lingered with Sirius by the stage for a chat until the same performer Remus had spoken to earlier warned Puppy of her time. While it had probably been a perfect opportunity to properly greet her, Remus had once again been taken aback by hearing the name in use, still a thrill in knowing that detail about Sirius.
It had left Remus without a solid ground to stand on when he returned to the bar alone, feeling out of his element despite the familiarity of the scene. Often before, Remus had found himself at that same bar, though it was a rarity he had this view. He had never really stayed late enough to see the bar this dark, the stage in the far end of the room bright and alive.
Seeing Sirius perform was quite frankly exceptional, seeing so much in Puppy that he saw on Sirius in class by the black boards. It completely floored him, solidifying a wide grin on his lips.
The smile remained there when Sirius, some while later, came to join him.
“Heya,” Remus greeted, unable to keep the buzz of a pint entirely out of his voice.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:28 pm 

Knowing that Remus was in the crowd while he was performing had really done something different for Sirius, even if I’m he was tentative to further study those feelings. All he knew was that it meant that he had given one of his best performances ever, almost feeling like he had been flying on the stage. It had been absolutely magical.
As he now made his way back to the bar, grin wide as Remus came into view, relieved that Remus was still there and had actually seen Sirius’ performance.
“Heya,” he said, grinning from ear to ear as he moved to stand next to Remus at the bar, still feeling vibrant and happy about what he had just managed to pull off.
“So, what’d you think?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 36  Next