All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:36 am 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

A pile of papers flew around in the small office of an inconspicuous building at a secret location in the USA. ‘Ridiculous! How can they fire me?’ Jack silently thought to himself. Not being given anymore time to himself, a single knock on the door sounded and the door immediately opened. Stepping inside was a beautiful woman dressed formally, although it could not be said what her job or status would be. She stepped on the papers as if they weren’t there and sat down in the single guest chair across the desk.
“Alicia”, Jack grumbled. The last person he would want to see now. She may be beautiful to anyone else, but to him she was just an annoyance. Those piercing eyes that look right through you. The kind and lovely smile, which never reaches those eyes. He didn’t know all that much about her. Just that she always knew exactly what was going on, even the deepest secrets one had. When he first met her, he thought she must be with a secret service. By now, he had met several secret agents and they only varied in amount of stupidity and ignorance. Alicia on the other hand, seemed to be at a different level. Jack had met her when she introduced him to his current job. Which is now his previous job. Regaining his calmness, he sat down in his chair.
“Are you behind my de-employment?” Jack bluntly asked.
Alicia faintly smiled. “Did you not read the letter properly, Jack? It says ‘reassignment to a different department’.”
“Demoting me away, or firing me is the same. However, since you are here, you surely have an ‘amazing’ opportunity for me,” Jack answered with the needed sarcasm.
“Did you not find this job ‘amazing’?” Alicia countered with the same amount of sarcasm. “Surely you did not forget that you are employed by the government and thus your employer is free to add your resources to a different project.”
“Surely you remember my opinion which I gave at the beginning of this project. It is a waste of money, time and resources. It would be better to invest those in mechanical weapons. That way, even an otherwise incompetent person would be able to accurately hit targets at a great distance without their life being in direct danger. Additionally, even if that person would become unavailable then replacement is quickly arranged. Moreover, if the weapon is damaged then with the blueprint, an exact duplicate can be made. This project focusses on the wrong part. If one of these soldiers dies then there is no quick replacement. The same huge amount of resources and time needs to be invested to create a new one. Not to mention that building a mechanical weapon is easier than modifying a human.”
Jack had already given a much more elaborate version of this argument when he was first assigned to this job. Even though Alicia wasn’t there, she knew about it.
“Let’s set aside your non-existent success on this job and the resources that were lost.”
“Just because some experimental subjects deceased, doesn’t mean that we were not on our way to a success. This can only work as a long-term project and the expectation for short-term results is unrealistic. The reports clearly show the progress which was made.”
“I am sure you will like the next job,” Alicia continued, ignoring Jack’s objections. “You will have a more differentiated field of research and you can perform experiments more freely. You should start packing.”
“Where is it?”
“You will find out.”
“Do I get a lab?”
“Maybe.”
“A team?”
“No.”
“An assistant?”
“A partner will be assigned to you.”
“What do you mean with partner?”
Alicia stood up. “A car will pick you up tomorrow morning at 7:00. Make sure you are ready. Anything which can not be taken directly by car needs to be packed in boxes and labelled accordingly. Have a nice day.”
With that, she left and closed the door behind her.
Jack sat back in his chair and sighed. That woman only meant trouble. It was true that he did not have much choice in the matter.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:31 pm 

Nuremberg Germany
Werner sat in his cell reading a book as he looked up at a framed picture of his wife sitting next to a box that displayed the Pour Le Merite. His eyes turned sorta misty as he set down the book keeping his place. He grabbed the picture and ran his hand across the glass that protected the partially burned photograph as he remembered holding on to her soft tan skin. As a tear dropped upon the glass his grieving was interrupted by the sound of boots rapidly approaching his cell and a heard the jangling of keys. He had already been given breakfast less than an hour ago but he didn't care to turn towards the his cell door as it opened. "Herr Oberstleutnant" came the familiar voice of the guard. Before Werner worked up the motivation to face the guard he heard another enter his cell and according to the sound of her feet a woman. He turned quietly hoping it was his wife as excitement rushed through his veins just before his hopes were destroyed by an unfamiliar face. As the beautiful and formal woman stood there nervousness and unease quickly came upon him and the same dread that had filled him when the Gestapo had paid him a visit at his home. Werner stood up with resolve despite his hands shaking with deep fears. Speaking in a shaky thick German accent, "I have told you I vill not be making anymore veap-"

"Good. We are here to offer you a position to help Washington state deal with, hostile wildlife. Unless you would prefer the noose you are scheduled for next Tuesday." The lady spoke in a seductively intimidating voice nodding towards the window looking out on the courtyard.

Werner hung his head not wishing to parish not knowing. Making up his mind he looked towards the lady in his cell and asked, "If I do this may I have a few days to settle my affairs and look for Ava?"

A pause followed Werner's request as suspense filled the air which was answered with a quick, "Yes." Before the lady left the cell to make the last minute arrangements.

Gillette Wyoming
Progeny pulled the chain attached to a hanging light bulb in a cluttered room. He wore the pinks and greens uniform of his current alias of Colonel Johnathan Bulliard. His eyes were filled with his collection of various items gathered over many of his past lives. Someone had followed him to his hideout and was in the doorway behind him. He spun around drawing his 1911 like he was still the fastest gun in the west ready to shoot from the hip. He kept it at the ready as he surveyed the intruder speaking to her, "You have a lot of nerve showing up here unannounced Alicia." Progeny was unimpressed by her despite being aware of the rumors about her. He carried an attitude of irritation towards the interloper in his sanctuary. The run down cabin neglected for the past decade had a decent coating of dust undisturbed since the start of the war. Before she could retort Progeny continued speaking while holstering his trusty champion of two world wars sidearm. "Care for a drink?" He pulled a dusty canteen hanging from a hook on the wall grabbing two glasses surprisingly pristine glasses from a small box setting them on a table in the center of the room and pouring a foul smelling grog from the canteen which seemed to be a century old.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:42 am 

Alicia was unfazed by the weapon pointed at her and ignored the drink poured for her. She stepped inside from the doorway without being given permission. Unlike any other person would do, she did not look around at the collection stalled out in the room. Whether she was just not interested or already knew about every item could not be told from the expression on her face.
Disregarding the displeasure shown to her appearance, she came straight down to business. “Progeny, I have a job offer for you. I am sure you will find it an interesting way to spend your time. Should you take the offer then there will be a car waiting for you tomorrow morning. You are allowed to bring every bit of your possession you want. Everything that doesn’t fit in the car will be shipped with utmost care. Should you not want to take the offer, then we would appreciate it if you don’t kill the driver and just send him away. Any further details will be given after you arrive.”
After finishing the delivery of her message, Alicia turned around and left without waiting for a reaction.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:14 pm 

Chehalis, Washington

John was awoken as the car he had been riding in for the past several days hit a pothole on a dirt road. "We're almost there, sir." The driver yelled back at him. Johnathan shook the sleep from his eyes and observed the tall pine tree towering over the road. The sky was dark and grey making the evergreen trees into a dark and imposing woodland. Johnathan had long since changed his clothes to a suit and tie appropriate for bureaucratic work he assumed he would be doing. The car rounded a curve much to slow for his liking revealing the large and slightly run down mansion of his late friend Harold Greenewood. Everything clicked in his head as he put little bits of information that he had and had gathered. His eyes turned an even more run down workshop sitting off to the left of the mansion. A small handful of crates under a tarp sat in front of the workshop. The car came to a stop and he stepped out and heard more cars coming.

John watched somewhat surprised that his car had arrived first followed shortly by a pair of other cars, one similar to the one he arrived in the other brought back memories. The cars came to a stop next to his as he focused on the third car. Realizing it was left over German staff car from the war Progeny took a guess at the who would step out when it stopped. Much to his surprise he didn't recognize the man in the German Wehrmacht uniform until he saw the medal and monocle. The man he had remembered as the premiere paranormal studies expert of Europe had become a haggard old shell of his former self while he still carried the dignity of a former German aristocrat. Progeny had met him once just before the end of the First World War during the Rhine death fields crisis where he had died and Werner earned the Pour Le Merit that hung around his neck. John was going to speak when some kind of guy dressed like a doctor popped out of the car between his and Werner's. John looked at the third man with a look of disappointment just before a flash of lightning and roll of thunder ushered in a torrential downpour as if on queue. John grabbed his duffel bag from the trunk of his car and ran up on the porch. He tried the door finding it locked. Using his boot as a key he kicked it inwards and entered the mansion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:41 pm 

The driver was exactly on time that morning. Jack did not enjoy the car ride very much. Not necessarily because the driver was unskilled, but more because the road was in bad shape for parts of the trip. He silently stared out of the window during the ride. The arrival was also almost perfectly timed with some other cars. One appeared to have arrived slightly earlier since one person had already stepped outside. Jack also got out and dusted off some imaginary dust from his travel suit. The man who had gotten there slightly earlier appeared to have something military about him, despite the lack of uniform. From the posture and how he seemed to move, it seemed likely. From the car which arrived at the same time as him, a man with a uniform got out. Jack had an instant dislike for the German uniform this man was wearing. So he was supposed to be working with a nazi? Seriously? The face looked vaguely familiar. Maybe he should not judge too soon, although the man was already a few points in the minus. The conclusion was that these two were both affiliated with the military, and Jack did not fancy this all that much.
More time to inspect or speak to any of the others was not there. A sudden downpour surprised them all. The ‘incognito’ military man kicked in the door in his hurry to get out of the rain. Jack just unfolded his umbrella and walked up to the house with his travel bag, not caring about the German.

“You could have knocked,” Alicia coldly said. She was standing a few meters from the door, obviously waiting for them. “The repairs for the door will be taken out of your salary.” She waited until the other two also came inside.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:43 pm 

It was no surprise to John that Alicia was there and that she despite that she had locked the door. Her comment about salary didn't faze him however as he knew that he would rather just fix the door himself. He spoke to Alicia, "I will fix it myself. You knew when we would be here and still you made sure that the door was locked." John turned towards the doctor scrawny in his sight entering with an umbrella and a travel bag. The Doctor was followed shortly by the disgraced German scientist wearing his peaked cap and trench coat holding a mid-sized suit case. John pulls out a pack of cigarettes offering one to the three others. Werner bashfully takes one not expecting kindness from John. John lights up the cigarettes with his Zippo which looked as though it had taken a bullet for him. He spoke puffing smoke out his nose and mouth smiling, "So its obvious to me why we are here, but could you explain it to the rest of us Alicia?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:17 am 

Alicia ignored the commentary. Or the disgusted face Jack made when seeing her.
“Starting today you all will make up a new division run by the government,” she started. “For this, as of now, you all have the same security clearance, so that you can discuss freely. Your task is, simply said, to make sure that ‘rare animals’ don’t cause any issues. This includes but is not restricted to confirming the existence of the animal, which environment they live in, being a threat to humans, what they eat, etc. The name of this division is Cryptid Research And Particularities. Furthermore, this is all top secret and so on. You all know the drill. I’ll be your direct supervisor. For now you can all settle in and when there is a job I’ll be back to inform you. Everything that you packed for shipping will arrive within the next few days.”
---
Jack put his bag next to the door, folded his umbrella, and put it in a corner. He politely declined the cigarette. Seeing Alicia is as awful as always. Lengthy explanations are clearly not her thing. Regardless about talking freely, it was not like he would discuss the creation of American super soldiers by pumping people full of LSD in order to create a new dimension of sensory experience, with a nazi. On the other hand, why would that guy be here if he could not be trusted at least a little. And the other guy…. Well, it was to be seen. There are enough ways of getting rid of someone without anyone suspecting a crime.
The provided information was bare bone, but seemed to be within his field of expertise. Something just unknown to the common person which could still be explained in a scientific way. They would definitely need some cages if they catch something. Dissection equipment…
“If there are no further questions, I’ll be on my way,” Alicia interrupted Jacks thoughts. “In case you find anything amiss, make a list and hand it to me on my next visit.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:40 am 

Werner carried his small bag up the stairs and found a small bedroom with a note assigning it to him. He entered and set out his bag looking at the few belongings he was able to grab in haste. Most of his possessions had been destroyed in the fires caused by allied bombing campaigns. He pulled out his most prized possession the framed picture of his wife as he remembered holding her smooth olive skin. He quietly promised himself that if she had survived then he would find her. He untied the medal around his neck and placed it in its display case. He searched the wardrobe in the room and found some more appropriate clothes that fit him. He eagerly changed his clothes and neatly folded the uniform that had imprisoned him. Werner looked at the man in the mirror appraising the one who looked back at him and he wondered if he could finish the work he began before the war.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progeny watched Alicia leave and it seemed that even the rain avoided her as the downpour let up as she stepped through the threshold. He considered getting some of his "spares" to the surrounding area so that he wouldn't have to deal with the logistical nightmare of finding himself several states over. He introduced himself kindly and properly to Jack as his current alias John Bulliard. His large frame towered over Jack giving him a firm but friendly handshake and a gentle pat on the back. His body language and posture indicated a kind and gentlemanly demeanor despite the fact that his hands were used a few short years ago to rip "Ubermen" apart in the blood bath.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:23 am 

Jack properly answered the greeting from John. “Dr. Jack Talis, pleased to meet you,” he said calmly and friendly as if answering a fellow colleague while returning the handshake equally. It wouldn’t hurt to be nice since they were to be working together. Creating unnecessary friction would just be an impairment to the job. Looking John in the eyes, there seemed to be more than the typical dumb military man behind them. Jack was already adjusting his opinion of his new colleague to a more positive one.
“Please excuse me, I’ll go freshen up a bit. “
He picked up his bag and left the umbrella behind before going upstairs to find the room assigned to him. It was a relatively nice room. Cleaner than expected. Jack put down his bag and first inspected the room. Even though it appeared to have been cleaned, it has been at least several days because the dust was already accumulating slightly. The floor did not creak neither did the bed. The closet had enough space for his clothes as he unpacked his travel bag. The other clothes should arrive later. The single window looked out towards the driveway, all the cars had left already. There was barely any decoration in the room, which he didn’t mind at all. Jack couldn’t resist checking the lamps and the small picture and mirror for any bugs. As expected, he didn’t find any. Being content with his room, he changed into a everyday outfit and put on his lab coat. He looked forward to finding out more about this building and the provided equipment.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:39 pm 

John smiled slightly as Jack left saying, under his breath, "Yeah he has potential." He heard a noise at the window in the next room over. He turned to see one of his wartime friends. John opened the window allowing a cat wearing a miniature US army uniform and helmet with belt of ammo slung across his body. The cat shook off the rain and pulled a small piece of paper from one of his pockets as John's smile disappeared.

Werner passed Jack in the hallway avoiding eye contact with him as he walked by. Werner continued down the hall to the stairs allowing him to return to the foyer. He heard a meow and then what sounded like a "meow" in response. He walked over to the slightly ajar door and listened as he heard John say, "fine here you go." Werner watched as the door swung inward slightly allowing him to see a little more. John handed the cat a thick roll of cash which took it in its mouth and leapt out of view. John walked over to the window and Werner heard it get slammed closed. Werner turned and walked towards the dining room not sure what to make about what he just witnessed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:15 am 

On the floor of his own bedroom, there were the rooms of the other two, and some empty ones. Nothing too exciting. Next, Jack went to the basement, expecting some storage there. The basement was divided in multiple rooms and appeared to be covering the same range as the house. The first room was indeed a dusty storage with boxes stacked to the ceiling and furniture covered in blankets. The second room was more interesting. Here Jack several found cages of various sizes roughly stacked on each other. Some were a bit rusty but all appeared to be functional. Those could come in handy when examining any animals in the future. The third room was especially delighting. It was slightly bigger than the previous two, which seemed to be more of a storage. It contained a basic lab setup, although everything seemed to be slightly dusty. Jack only took a quick look around to get a basic idea. Material for surgical or dissecting operations was present, microscopes, electrodes, syringes, etc. For a start, it seemed like he could conduct some basic research once they could get their hand on a test subject. Relatively pleased with his newly claimed working space he went back to the ground floor to see what the other two are up to. Further exploring would have to wait or be done together. Being in a team means to do things together or at least talk it over first. Too bad, because Jack would rather just have everyone let him do what he wants. And not to forget, those two are part of his new job so taking inventory of them is also necessary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:14 pm 

Werner met Jack at the top of the stairs and he was startled seeing the indifferent Englander. "Ha- Hello, my name is Werner, I was a professor of certain studies before the war. What is your name?" He spoke in slightly broken English with an unsteady tone. He had a small chunk of pemmican which had been all he had found in the cupboards that was remotely edible after brushing the dust off of it. He stood somewhat taller than Jack with his empty lanky frame being slightly enlarged by the ill fitting clothes.

John lit up a cigarette as he watched that furry fiend leave through the closed window. He felt as though he was being watched from the door but when he checked over his shoulder there was no one at the ajar door. John picked up a nearby phone and dialed the number for the US Office of Strategic Services as he had originally planned too before being rudely interrupted by Amo. He requested for intelligence briefs on his new associates as well as some of their wartime activities to be delivered to the manor in the next few days. After finishing his business on the phone he walked over to an armchair to finally relax while finishing his cigarette. He noticed a local newspaper of the next county over. He picked it up and began reading one of the stories hidden deeper within the paper. It was a surprisingly recent story that had caught his eye detailing the disappearance of a young couple coinciding with strange weather sightings in a remote mountain town. After reading his fill John got up an walked briskly to the library passing the two at the top of the basement stairs ignoring them entirely. He immediately started tearing through books on one of the shelves trying to find the one he was looking for. One of the books he pulled on was a lever that caused one of the shelves to swing out revealing a door. John didn't pay any attention to his accidental discovery but instead grabbed the book next to the camouflaged lever being the one he was looking for. He quickly carried it back to the living room leaving a pile of old books on the floor. He quickly skimmed till he found what he had been looking for and began reading back and forth between the book and the newspaper.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:12 pm 

Jack was not someone who was easily startled. This also held true when the German suddenly showed up in front of him as he exited the basement. He looked up and down his new teammate. Werner looked a bit poor, no the correct term would be slightly malnourished?
“Nice to meet you, Werner. My name is Dr. Jack Talis.” He answered politely. Since he had already decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, he may as well put some effort in making a good impression. Well as far as this is possible for him. “If you are a man of science then we surely have a lot to talk about.”
Before he could steer the conversation into any particular direction, as John rushed by them. There was something about his expression and way of walking which caught Jack’s attention.
“How about we save the introductions for later and see what our colleague here is up to?” he asked Werner before following John. He stood by the doorway to watch him make a mess of the library. Typical military muscle man came to his mind. No respect for the books at all. Before he could make any remark about it, the hidden door opened. Although John was too single minded to even notice this. Or even Jack at the doorway as he rushed by again. Jack turned to Werner.
“Well what speaks to your curiosity more? The mysterious hidden door in the library? Or whatever has our dear friend over there all occupied?”
To Jack both options were equally interesting, and it was just a question of which one to prioritize. However, he was also curious what Werner would pick.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:01 pm 

As Jack presented the options Werner looked forlornly at the books on the floor and asked, "could ve put ze books up and then check ze doorway?" He went over to the books and began going through them placing them in their spots on the shelves. From the sizable pile that John had tossed he could see that there was a large door that had hung ajar swinging inwardly past the open book case. He quickened his pace until his hand fell on an English translation of a first edition textbook that he had written in 1921 on European mythical creatures. He paused for a second before setting the his book to the side and finished stacking the books on the shelf. He proceeded to the hidden door and hesitantly pushed it inward glancing at Jack. The door swung open revealing an unlit room in which shapes outlined on the wall could be barely seen until Werner found the light switch revealing the contents of the large room to be GUNS. Lots and lots of Guns. Some were older looking to have belonged to the times of cowboys and Indians while others were newer modern weapons that had come from numerous countries that had fought in both world wars. The crown jewel of the arsenal sitting on a table in the center of the room was a Browning machine gun.

John scribbled down notes from the book cross referencing the phenomena that was reported in the newspaper. Narrowing down what was happening in that town to a short list of things that could be living out in the woods. John tried remembering if there might be anything else that might be out in this region to no avail as he hadn't had as much experience "hunting" out in this part of the country. He looked out the window to the pile of his crates fixing his eyes on the largest one. The rain had stopped a little while ago by the time he walked outside to the crate. He grabbed a rusty crowbar from the side of the shed next to the mansion and pried the box open revealing a disassembled Jeep that he had "acquired" overseas. He immediately got to work putting it together so that they would no longer be stranded twenty miles out of town.