All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:03 am 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Aika and Miyuki both listened carefully as the young man described his quirk. Aika found it to be rather interesting, and not exactly what she had expected. She hadn’t exactly known what to expect, but this had not been it. Most fire or explosion quirks she’d encountered worked a lot differently than his did. The way it used energy sounded at least somewhat similar to what she knew about Shadow Angel’s quirk, although to be fair, it wasn’t as though she knew a significant amount of detail on how the hero’s quirk worked, only what was available to the public or by word of mouth. “I hate to admit it, but that sounds pretty cool,” Aika reluctantly admitted after he had finished his explanation, her eyes fixated on the bar in his hand.

Miyuki listened carefully to the description that the young man gave about his quirk. It did indeed sound similar to her own quirk in many ways, albeit different in others. “I see. As I thought, it seems that your quirk shares some similarities with my own,” she observed thoughtfully. “Tell me, have you ever tried using the energy in the atmosphere, or that surrounds objects or people, rather than the energy inside of them?” she asked curiously, “What about absorbing that same energy? Or using passive energy absorption?” she asked, curiously tilting her head to the side.

She gave him a little time to answer before she spoke again, “I suppose I should give you a little more information about my own quirk,” she offered. She wanted to give them a more comprehensive view of her own quirk, partially because it might give them a better understanding of why she asked the things she did, and partially to give them a better respect for her suggestions in the future. “So, as you probably know, my quirk is energy manipulation,” she began, folding her hands in front of her as her elbows once again rested on the desk.

The way it works is pretty simple. I manipulate energy in a variety of ways. I can use energy to propel myself, make myself or other people and objects levitate, create shields, weapons, wings, and so on. I can also use it to heal, although I’m still working on that, so please don’t give me a reason to field test it,” she chuckled before continuing, “Like you, I can use it to create explosions of sorts, but that isn’t really my forte, so I tend not to do that if I can avoid it,” she explained.

What you saw me doing earlier was manipulating the energy all around us and using it to do things like levitate people or objects. When I had to stop larger objects, or levitate multiple objects in the same area, I had to add additional energy from another source,” she continued, several small objects on the desk floating around. “I can use my own energy, but as you can guess—or as you may know,” she looked from Aika to Nico, “That comes with a cost. Use too much and you can put yourself in a bad spot,” she clarified her meaning, just in case.

For that reason, unless it is necessary, I avoid using my own energy as a source when I can. The world is teaming with energy, from the sunlight, the wind, excess energy given off by living creatures, and so on, which is what I generally try to use whenever possible,” she explained, tilting her head a bit. “I have learned to passively absorb energy from the environment, it is sort of like second nature now, but in the beginning, it is a lot harder than it sounds. But it gives you sort of a reserve pool of energy to use when you need it. Get really good at it and you can even use it to replenish your own energy, of that of someone else,” she explained, giving Nico a grin, knowing that this was likely at least a little tempting.

Of course, I can also draw energy from other living things, including plants, animals, and humans. That comes at a cost, though. Energy that is lost cannot be regained by any normal being—not without rest, food, and time. Take too much as you risk their life,” she added, seeing a surprised and almost worried look on Aika’s face. She smiled, “Don’t worry, I avoid that option when I can, too,” she assured her.

Anyways, that is the general gist of it. If you have any questions, or if anything was unclear, just ask,” she said with a smile. “Just out of curiosity, Nico, can you see or sense the energy around you?” she wondered, curiosity evident in her eyes. If he couldn’t, she thought that she could probably teach him that, along with the passive energy absorption, it just might take a little time. “Once we are finished here, I have somewhere I want to show the two of you,” she grinned, thinking that they would rather enjoy what she had to show them.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace