All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:02 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Harry wrapping his arms around Draco’s neck was all invitation it took for Draco to move his hands, finally loosening the grip he had held on Harry’s hips to instead dip fingers into the waistband of Harry’s trousers.
As he did, the kiss trailed off, first kissing the corner of his mouth, then his cheek and then his jaw, seemingly unable to get enough of him.
“Let’s move upstairs,” he muttered against the skin of Harry’s neck, eager to get more of Harry, but also wanting to get to take his time with him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:39 pm 

A shudder went through Harry, all but losing his footing had Draco not been there to keep him upright.
Though Harry’s eyes remained dry, he felt like he could sob, a relief and a yearning all wrapped into one; had his throat not been in knots he would have had to tell Draco that simply missing him didn’t cover it. Skin ablaze beneath Draco’s touch, it was ludicrous to ever have expected anyone else to compare.
“Yeah,” he choked, a smile pulling at his lips with sheer anticipation.
His hands carded up Draco’s neck, pushing into the hair at the nape of his neck with no regard for the bun it was tied up in. Instead of allowing Draco space, Harry turned his face towards him, chasing a kiss. “Please.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:41 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

____
As it always were, the night he had spent with Harry had been lovely and actually sharing a bed with him again had felt almost too good to be true. Other than going to bed with him, Draco also found that waking up with Harry had been even sweeter, finding that starting his morning with Harry was a special type of intimacy that Draco had realised that he had missed so much.
They had eaten breakfast together, something that Draco found little enjoyment in when Harry wasn’t around but today had found to be a good start of the day. They were just about ready to leave for Towthorpe, Harry dressed more formally than himself, but he had at least remembered to wear his cursebreaker pin.
“Here, let me,” Draco said, as he noticed that several of Harry’ layers of clothes were crooked and reached out to fix them before having to be in the company of others.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:32 am 

A smile pulled at Harry’s lips as Draco stepped closer, still wrapped up in a context where even that was enough to make his head spin. Tipping his chin up slightly, he shifted his shoulders, allowing greater slack of the fabric for Draco to pull it straight.
“Thanks,” he muttered with a soft smile, fingers thoughtlessly reaching for Draco’s elbow.
Although not in uniform, Draco was dressed impeccably; Harry had watched him dress this morning, but it had yet to lose its appeal, still entranced by how subtly different Draco carried himself in public.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:45 pm 

There was a special kind of intimacy in correcting Harry’s clothes and Draco felt absolutely drunk of it, wanting to keep close to Harry like this forever.
“Can’t have you looking improper when we are going on a field trip,” Draco stated, done with correcting Harry’s clothes but he didn’t let his hands fall just yet, not about to miss any chance to be close to Harry, as he knew that their time together was soon going to be over, at least for now.
“What good is having a ministry figurehead if he is not impeccable?”

Last edited by iamcrystalqueer on Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:35 pm 

The tease made Harry snort, joyless but humoured.
“Funny,” he encouraged, not for the sake of the joke being any good, but because he liked that tone on Draco. It was a cornerstone of their relationship, preceding any affection they had come to share, and it never stopped Harry’s heart from flipping, riled by even the simplest challenge.
His grip becoming purposeful, Harry’s hand slipped from Draco’s elbow to his upper arm, offering a better anchor to pull him closer.
“So besides the coat I’m good?” he asked, a smile pulling at his lips as his eyes dipped to Draco’s, just for an instance, before meeting his gaze head on. “Impeccable?”

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:32 am 

Draco hummed in agreement with that, as his hands flattened on Harry’s shoulders, no pretence in doing anything but just touching him.
“You look very handsome,” he stated, not blind to the way that Harry was looking at him and finding himself desperately wishing that they didn’t have somewhere to be and someone to meet. Were it up to him, they would just stay at the manor all day, enjoying each other’s company and not think of anything else.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:39 pm 

Though Harry had probably baited for the compliment, it still made him smile. By Ministry standards it meant absolutely nothing, and yet it meant the world that Draco thought so.
“Thank you,” he grinned as he stretched towards Draco. The returned compliment took the shape of a caress, lips brushing off-center against the corner of Draco’s mouth, a smile still wide on Harry’s lips.
“Come on,” he urged, reluctantly relaxing his posture. He took a step back, but his hand remained at Draco’s elbow, giving him an encouraging little squeeze. “There are a lot of people waiting to hear your opinion.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:30 am 

The kiss wasn’t enough and Draco found himself following Harry’s lips, even as he pulled away and started pulling him along.
It suddenly seemed incredibly daunting that there were going to be other people present to be able to hear what Draco had to say, and he wasn’t sure how he felt about that kind of pressure. He knew that a lot of people has taken huge risks by letting him into this and he suddenly felt a little faint by the mere idea that he might disappoint.
After all, there was no guarantee that he was going to have any amazing insights, no matter how much he had yearned for this opportunity. It made him feel a little sick, desperate to show that it hasn’t been a mistake and that his ideas did hold merit.
“I hope I don’t disappoint them then,” he said, not really meaning to, but the comment came out a lot less confident than he had wanted it to.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:41 pm 

Mentally, Harry was already halfway to Towthorpe but the sudden apprehension in Draco’s voice made him stall, drawing his attention back. Worried an ill-timed tease might have struck a nerve, Harry stepped back into the haphazard embrace, once again turning to face Draco.
“I wasn’t,” he stated, simple in its sincerity.
Draco’s work was becoming of a scale and span that Harry no longer dared speak on the behalf of his coworkers, but professionally, Harry had found Draco to exceed any expectations he might have had for him.
With a delay, Harry smiled, lopsided and juvenile.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:49 pm 

Despite it really being the absolute bare minimum of compliments, hopelessly dragged out of Harry in a moment of weakness, Draco could still feel his heart flip in his chest by it. He knew very well that they wouldn’t have gotten this far if Harry had doubted his academic abilities for even a moment, but it was something he rarely heard so directly and it was nice to get it confirmed.
Despite himself, Draco smiled back at Harry, feeling his nerves quelled slightly, at least just enough that he would be able to face whoever were keen to put him under scrutiny.
This he could do.
He knew this and he knew that he was bloody good at it.
“Alright,” he said, Harry’s smile serving to warm him up and free his joints from where they had ended up locked and awkward. “Let’s go prove a lot of people wrong.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:34 pm 

Harry hadn’t been able to help himself, grinning widely at the spite audible in Draco’s voice, finding that to be such a familiar motivation. Harry had wanted to kiss Draco, keep him for himself for the day, enjoying him too much to share him with the world.
Regardless, they had side-along apparated to Towthorpe, Harry hearing the crack of Draco’s arrival the same moment he himself became conscious of the ground beneath his feet.
Though the late August sun burned bright above them, the barren heathland around them offered little protection from the chill wind. Beside them was a burgundy field tent, and several yards away towered the decrepit house, lonesome on its plot of land, and undoubtedly kept together mostly by Ministry magic.
Harry’s eyes were immediately on it, raising a hand to shield his eyes from the sun. It had been months since he had last been here, but he found he couldn’t quite place the feeling it provoked within him - whether it be distress or simply an odd sense of disappointment, curdling with the gentle ease of the morning he had shared with Draco.
Undoubtedly alerted to their arrival, Paul Buchannan exited the tent only moments after, holding its flap open.
“Potter, Malfoy,” the cursebreaker offered in lieu of a greeting, attempting to meet their line of sight with a glance. The addition was, however, specifically spoken to Draco, Harry could tell as much.
“Glad you both could make it.”
Harry turned away from the house too late to meet the greeting, reluctant to retreat to the tent now they had only just arrived.
“Hi Buck,” Harry greeted with a greater sense of familiarity. Nodding towards the house, a dismissal of the offer to step inside the tent, Harry took a step away. “Clue us in, will you? What are you up to?”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:50 am 

The contrast between how they had just been in the manor kitchen to how they were supposed to act now made Draco’s head spin. It was difficult for him to know exactly which leg to stand on and exactly how to handle himself, so he elected to stay back and let Harry take the word.
After all, even with the gleaming cursebreaker pin shining from his lapel, Draco was not much more than a consultant and he didn’t want to accidentally make an enemy out of someone at the ministry.
“Buchannan,” he stated with a cordial nod, wanting to show Buchannan the respect that he had shown Draco, knowing just what a huge difference that it had made in his life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:43 am 

With some reluctance, Paul let the tent flaps fall, accepting that Potter seemingly had no intention of joining him just yet. Instead, Paul himself stepped towards them, hands finding idle purpose in the pockets of his trousers.
“As you requested, we have rewarded the house,” Paul began. The words were spoken to Potter, but his gaze flickered to Malfoy, an attempt of inclusion. “The perimeter is warded with a redirecting glamour to keep Muggles from approaching, of course, but besides that, the house is being stabilized to prevent any physical deterioration.”
Retrieving his right hand, he gestured at some visible structural damage, the way the house leaned slightly left. “Magically, it’s only warded to contain and minimize explosive damage to the surrounding area, everything within it is as it were.”
This time, Paul directed himself to Malfoy, gesturing back towards the tent.
“We have Peterson here, who did the original scan of the property back in March, and Walker has assisted in repeating it today, but neither scans have found any particular hotspots.”

As soon as it had become clear that Buchannan had entertained him enough to speak outside, Harry’s attention had returned to the house, feeling an odd but subtle sense of relief in keeping it within his sights.
He nodded as Buchannan spoke, turning when the glamour was mentioned. In the horizon, a shimmer flickered in the air, the wobble of a false reality. It had been a great worry to Harry that Muggles would venture through the property, worried for their safety. It caught Harry’s attention when Buchannan’s team once again concluded the house to be devout of curses; frankly, he was surprised.
“Particular?” Harry pressed, made weary by the phrasing.

Paul made a face at that. Potter had asked for something that was merely a matter of phrasing and choice of words.
“It didn’t find any hotspots,” he repeated more steadfastly. “There’s trace amount of magic, as there is in any home inhabited by wizkind for a prolonged period of time. It doesn’t show on scans, much less as areas of interest.”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:23 pm 

It felt like intruding on something that he wasn’t supposed to neither hear or see, to hear how Harry and Buchannan spoke together. Rationally, Draco knew that he had been invited there and that they wanted him to be able to give his opinions on the case, yet it was almost impossible for Draco to shake the feeling that he should be averting his ears somehow.
Unsure what to do about himself, he just stood by Harry and took it all in, trying to fit the things that Buchannan said into what he already knew. It was a much bigger puzzle than the one he had been able to put together at the manor, but he felt convinced that this would be helpful to his process.
Everything that was being added made perfect sense to Draco, knowing full well that it was something different that they were looking for. After all, he had only just been able to identity the thing in Harry’s chest as magic, and he had spent a decade studying dark magic. This was a different kind of magic and Draco hoped that he would be able to shed some light on any of it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:55 pm 

Harry nodded, carefully weighing Buchannan’s words. It was a line they always toed - the fact that magic lingered and remained in matter, and how heavily that should weigh on their interpretations of crime scenes. It made for a tedious job to unravel and decipher its origin, even more so at this age.
“What do you make of it?” he asked, attention turning to Draco.
Harry’s gaze flickered between Draco’s eyes, trying to gauge his reaction. Harry spoke with no real distrust of Buchannan’s expertise, but wanting to uncover how early in their work they had started making wrong assumptions, he turned to Draco for a fresh take on the situation.
“Could that be worth exploring further?”
No offence in his expression, Buchannan turned to Draco, too.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 2:51 pm 

Not feeling entirely prepared to suddenly be asked about anything, Draco wasn’t sure that he was actually able to keep the surprised reaction off his face. It felt slightly less daunting to be unprepared in front of Harry and Buchannan, but Draco knew that there were plenty others present and he was desperate to not make a fool of himself in front of them.
“I think the type of magic we’re looking for might not show up in conventional scans,” he concluded, pleased to find that he sounded a lot more confident than he actually felt. He knew that he just had to allow himself to get into the mindset of his work, but he had never really properly worked with other people around, which definitely make his process difficult.
“If it’s not too much to ask, I’d like to go through the house myself,” Draco proposed, unsure if he was being too bold, but he knew that both Harry and Buchannan trusted his abilities, otherwise he wouldn’t have been here. “I’m familiar with the signature of the magic that’s causing Potter trouble and I think I’d be able to recognise it if I saw something that even remotely looks like it.”

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 3:22 am 

While Paul weighed Malfoy’s words, he had no reason to object. He had seen the work Malfoy had carried out at the Manor, and while this was a case of a far greater scale and complexity, there was nothing to deny Malfoy supervised entry.
He never got to speak his blessing.
“Of course,” Potter had already agreed, his tone of voice easy.
It made Paul shift his attention back onto him, finding the Auror look at Malfoy with great attention. To Paul, he appeared relieved at the prospect of a different take on the magic there.
The scene was within Auror jurisdiction, and though Malfoy had seemed to have directed the question at the both of them, Potter was perfectly within his right to make that decision on his own. Despite the work Paul and his team had carried out at the house the past few days, that too was under Potter’s request, and Paul couldn’t object to Potter requesting a second opinion.
However, he couldn’t help but think that Potter had already decided to give Malfoy free range of the house before he had even asked for it, given the readiness of his reply.

Harry watched Draco with great interest, thrilled to have reached a point where Draco could visit the house himself. Their work had been confined to the Manor far longer than Harry himself had been staying there, and this was progress; Harry happily gave Draco as much access as he required.
“Anything you need,” Harry mused, barely a coherent promise before his attention was onto Paul.
“Do you have the map of the wards that were in place before the first dismantling?”

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:17 pm 

It kept overwhelming Draco just how much Harry trusted him, and how willing he was to just let Draco do things his own way. It was such a huge show of trust that Draco wasn’t used to seeing, even after having worked with Harry for so long now.
It almost made him a little embarrassed to have Buchannan be a witness to it, but it also made him proud somehow, glad that he had showed his work well enough for Harry to trust him.
He mostly felt like being quiet and just observing, definitely wanting to share and come with observations, but so far he had nothing much to offer up.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 5:05 am 

Paul nodded, a slow confirmation of Potter’s question. His attention had returned onto Malfoy, who seemed just as taken aback by the ease of Potter’s blessing, and it left Paul wondering just what their dynamic entailed. On multiple occasions, Paul had seen Potter readily offer his trust, and Malfoy had at all times seemed awkwardly reluctant to accept it.
“We do,” he replied, eyes still on Malfoy. “I can brief you, if you’d like.”
His attention flickered to Potter, although it was more of a courteous acknowledgement; Potter was as informed on the case as Paul himself was.
“We can go over the material,” Paul added, expanding on the invitation. “Your girl Szczepanski’s down by the outhouse, if you’d like her to listen in. Neumann is the Cursebreaker on call.”
As Potter’s gaze flickered back off to the house, Paul thought he saw some gratitude flicker through his expression, notoriously bored by prepwork.
“I’ll go see to her,” Potter agreed, leaving Paul no real clarity as to whether or not Potter or Szczepanski would ever join them. “You two can just go ahead. I’ll send Nonner up, if you’d like.”
The distraction left Potter’s gaze the moment his eyes returned onto Malfoy, probably more attentive to the other than Potter ever even realized. “Alright?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 99  Next